I Have a New-Found Appreciation for Palla

51 minutes ago, Astellius said:

To be fair, Est messed up the natural order of the color attraction scheme. The blue-haired Catria likes the blue-haired Marth, green-haired Palla likes the green-haired Abel. So, Est, having red/pink hair should've gone after the red-haired Cain. That's the natural order of things. But, instead, she had to go be a rebel and marry a guy with green hair...

I'm sure Outrealm shenanigans can allow for Est to hit on Roy, thus restoring interdimensional balance.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Astellius said:

To be fair, Est messed up the natural order of the color attraction scheme. The blue-haired Catria likes the blue-haired Marth, green-haired Palla likes the green-haired Abel. So, Est, having red/pink hair should've gone after the red-haired Cain. That's the natural order of things. But, instead, she had to go be a rebel and marry a guy with green hair...

There's always Xane or Roger lol

5 hours ago, Thane said:

Su~re, but that's a prince! And it's not her sister's boyfriend. She's creeping from afar, while Palla's rubbing her hands together, waiting for Est to slip up.

That's a perfectly viable mating strategy.  You just wait for it to fall apart.  You don't actively break them up, but you can often tell when it won't last.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

That's a perfectly viable mating strategy.  You just wait for it to fall apart.  You don't actively break them up, but you can often tell when it won't last.

Didn't realize Palla's class was Vulture Knight.

9 hours ago, Slumber said:

Camus.

Both appear in 1, 2, 3, 11, 12, 13, 15, and Heroes. Camus appears in more BSFE episodes (1, 3, 4) than the Whitewings (only 2) do, but all four appear in at least one, and all except Palla are playable in exactly one (4 for Camus, 2 for Catria/Est; Palla only appears in 2's dialogue).

If we're going by appearances, I'm pretty sure it's a tie unless you count BSFE as four games for some reason (it doesn't even deserve being counted as one honestly). If we're only talking about playability, Catria and Est win with 9 playable appearances (while Camus has 7 and Palla has 8.)

...I think. I'm probably forgetting something. Did any of them appear in Fersona? That could tip the scales here.

57 minutes ago, Iridium said:

Both appear in 1, 2, 3, 11, 12, 13, 15, and Heroes. Camus appears in more BSFE episodes (1, 3, 4) than the Whitewings (only 2) do, but all four appear in at least one, and all except Palla are playable in exactly one (4 for Camus, 2 for Catria/Est; Palla only appears in 2's dialogue).

If we're going by appearances, I'm pretty sure it's a tie unless you count BSFE as four games for some reason (it doesn't even deserve being counted as one honestly). If we're only talking about playability, Catria and Est win with 9 playable appearances (while Camus has 7 and Palla has 8.)

...I think. I'm probably forgetting something. Did any of them appear in Fersona? That could tip the scales here.

Palla appears in Tokyo Mirage Sessions, yeah. She's just a recolor of Caeda, sadly but she got in over her sisters or Camus.

I seriously need to play an Archanea game.

I've always been more fond of Catria over the two. I like the whitewings, but I just found myself liking Catria more. She was one of my best units in Heroes and continues to be in Echoes. She beats Palla in every single stat. I can't compare her to Est yet as she's underleveled, but Est blessed me with growths in everything except speed on a level up.

19 minutes ago, KongDude said:

I seriously need to play an Archanea game.

I've always been more fond of Catria over the two. I like the whitewings, but I just found myself liking Catria more. She was one of my best units in Heroes and continues to be in Echoes. She beats Palla in every single stat. I can't compare her to Est yet as she's underleveled, but Est blessed me with growths in everything except speed on a level up.

I just got a level-up of everything except Res on Est.  With growths being much lower, getting more than 3 is a blessing.

6 hours ago, Thane said:

Su~re, but that's a prince! And it's not her sister's boyfriend. She's creeping from afar, while Palla's rubbing her hands together, waiting for Est to slip up.

Est did slip up though, when she decided to leave Abel for some unexplained reason and vanished. And even then, Palla didn't try to catch Abel on the rebound.

Just now, UNLEASH IT said:

Est did slip up though, when she decided to leave Abel for some unexplained reason and vanished. And even then, Palla didn't try to catch Abel on the rebound.

Probably thanks to Catria, otherwise who knows what the harpy might've done?

Just now, Thane said:

Since she could never get with Marth, Catria probably decided that if she was going to be alone and unhappy, so would her sister

Edited by UNLEASH IT

I could be entirely wrong, but Catria seems to not let herself get hurt by Marth than Palla with Abel. Catria never mentions Marth directly in any of her Echoes quotes while Palla continues to mention Abel. But I mean, I'd be pretty upset if my younger brother married someone I loved.

Seriously, these girls have no taste... I mean, I get Abel is cute and all but Cain is also perfectly cute in his own way. For goodness sake.

But nah, I like them a lot! This is actually my first time with them in any game with them besides Heroes (Shadow Dragon bored me before I met them), and I like what I'm seeing. Palla is my favorite though, because green is the best color.

I like Palla the best. I especially love her overall green colour scheme, and the fact she doesn't go all berserk with Est because she got away with the guy she had a crush on.

I like Catria the second, and I like her overall blue colour scheme. She just seems....more mature to me than even Palla. I don't know why, I guess it's because of her facial expressions.

I like Est the least among the Whitewings but that's mainly because I like the other two and I'm not a big fan of overall pink/red look. But I still like her, nevertheless. Kinda sucks though she just vanished later on, leaving Abel (where does she vanish to anyways?).

5 minutes ago, Flee Fleet! said:

I like Est the least among the Whitewings but that's mainly because I like the other two and I'm not a big fan of overall pink/red look. But I still like her, nevertheless. Kinda sucks though she just vanished later on, leaving Abel (where does she vanish to anyways?).

Maybe she got kidnapped again and their sisters had enough and never went back to find her...?

That does sound weird to me too.

1 minute ago, Doof said:

Maybe she got kidnapped again and their sisters had enough and never went back to find her...?

That does sound weird to me too.

I doubt it. I mean, I guess it makes sense Palla wouldn't want to save her, but Catria doesn't have a good excuse not to.

Or maybe Est just wanted to explore the world or something or go back to Valentia and secretly cheat on Abel by getting on with another dude.

personally I think the remakes did a really good job with all three of the whitewings

granted est is the only one who really has a consistent character in fe12 and 15, but I still did really like all 3 of them

palla having a crush on abel is something I could've done without but since that was in FE2 I guess they couldn't really write that out, but I really liked how in FE12 she was the most mature of the three and sort of a mother to both of them. she was kinda not like that in fe15 but I still really liked her supports with catria and est

i really liked what they did with catria in fe12 too though. i thought it was interesting how she had a sort of inferiority complex, which i felt really added to her supports in a pretty neat way. her A support with est was pretty great too, since it showed that even though she's in love with marth, she knows she'll never be with him and she hates herself for feeling that way. in fe15 catria was probably the least like she was in fe12 and didn't really have much in her supports or her base conversations, but I did really like her new voice actress. i think her voice is pretty much perfect for her character, so I was pretty impressed when I first heard her in heroes.

est is nice too but there's not much to say there really

3 minutes ago, Flee Fleet! said:

I doubt it. I mean, I guess it makes sense Palla wouldn't want to save her, but Catria doesn't have a good excuse not to.

Or maybe Est just wanted to explore the world or something or go back to Valentia and secretly cheat on Abel by getting on with another dude.

Makes me wonder why Abel didn't bother to help get Est back. He was probably cheating on her too at the time lol

3 hours ago, Thane said:

Didn't realize Palla's class was Vulture Knight.

1 hour ago, UNLEASH IT said:

1 hour ago, Thane said:

53 minutes ago, KongDude said:

I could be entirely wrong, but Catria seems to not let herself get hurt by Marth than Palla with Abel. Catria never mentions Marth directly in any of her Echoes quotes while Palla continues to mention Abel. But I mean, I'd be pretty upset if my younger brother married someone I loved.

45 minutes ago, Doof said:

Seriously, these girls have no taste... I mean, I get Abel is cute and all but Cain is also perfectly cute in his own way. For goodness sake.

But nah, I like them a lot! This is actually my first time with them in any game with them besides Heroes (Shadow Dragon bored me before I met them), and I like what I'm seeing. Palla is my favorite though, because green is the best color.

1 minute ago, unique said:

personally I think the remakes did a really good job with all three of the whitewings

granted est is the only one who really has a consistent character in fe12 and 15, but I still did really like all 3 of them

palla having a crush on abel is something I could've done without but since that was in FE2 I guess they couldn't really write that out, but I really liked how in FE12 she was the most mature of the three and sort of a mother to both of them. she was kinda not like that in fe15 but I still really liked her supports with catria and est

i really liked what they did with catria in fe12 too though. i thought it was interesting how she had a sort of inferiority complex, which i felt really added to her supports in a pretty neat way. her A support with est was pretty great too, since it showed that even though she's in love with marth, she knows she'll never be with him and she hates herself for feeling that way. in fe15 catria was probably the least like she was in fe12 and didn't really have much in her supports or her base conversations, but I did really like her new voice actress. i think her voice is pretty much perfect for her character, so I was pretty impressed when I first heard her in heroes.

est is nice too but there's not much to say there really

In regards to the Palla, Est, Abel love triangle, my perspective.

You have this guy/girl you really like, but your sister has already started a relationship with him.  You love your sister and want her to be happy, and are happy for the both of them.  You don't do anything to break up their relationship, but at the same time, you still really like this guy/girl.  If the event happened where they were to eventually break up, you could see yourself as being very happy being in a relationship with this guy/girl, but at the same time, you have to weigh how your sister might react if you were to start dating this guy/girl.  Under ideal circumstances, their break would be amicable, so your sister wouldn't feel "betrayed" by your dating her ex.  (Not that I'm speaking from experience or anything...)

The sisters are too tight knit to leave each other behind, so it's probably just vague ending because vague ending.

6 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Makes me wonder why Abel didn't bother to help get Est back. He was probably cheating on her too at the time lol

It's easier to fly, yo!

2 minutes ago, Sophie said:

It's easier to fly, yo!

But the pirates had more dedication to Est than him! They literally came to Archanea on a boat, picked a girl, then came back on a boat to sell her. And I doubt Catria and Palla flew all the way from Archanea to Valentia. Seems like torture for the Pegasus to go across seas without a break.

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

In regards to the Palla, Est, Abel love triangle, my perspective.

You have this guy/girl you really like, but your sister has already started a relationship with him.  You love your sister and want her to be happy, and are happy for the both of them.  You don't do anything to break up their relationship, but at the same time, you still really like this guy/girl.  If the event happened where they were to eventually break up, you could see yourself as being very happy being in a relationship with this guy/girl, but at the same time, you have to weigh how your sister might react if you were to start dating this guy/girl.  Under ideal circumstances, their break would be amicable, so your sister wouldn't feel "betrayed" by your dating her ex.  (Not that I'm speaking from experience or anything...)

oh I don't disagree or anything I thought about the same thing

it's just that palla... never actually talks to abel

it feels really unnecessary and doesn't really do much for her character

5 minutes ago, unique said:

oh I don't disagree or anything I thought about the same thing

it's just that palla... never actually talks to abel

it feels really unnecessary and doesn't really do much for her character

Is there a real reason why Catria and Palla like Marth and Abel? Or is it just a thing? I don't think you need a grand reason for falling in love, but I want to know if it was just for triangles.

Edited by KongDude
Infatuation was the wrong word