I Have a New-Found Appreciation for Palla

1 minute ago, Astellius said:

Yes, it all works out in the end. And Wolf sometimes having purple hair is fine, because Est had red hair in her original portrait, and then there's this original portrait from the manual for Gaiden or something like that, from back before Catria had a nose:

Hide contents

latest.thumb.png.ecfac74f61f1bdc5a9d30826070ada50.png

So some flexibility with respect to the hair color might be permissible with respect to Est's pairing.

Catria can't be paired with Marth, he has a nose. We can't break the patterns.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Astellius said:

Yes, it all works out in the end. And Wolf sometimes having purple hair is fine, because Est had red hair in her original portrait, and then there's this original portrait from the manual for Gaiden or something like that, from back before Catria had a nose:

Hide contents

So some flexibility with respect to the hair color might be permissible with respect to Est's pairing.

Is that not Est without the nose?

25 minutes ago, Astellius said:

Hide contents

The pre-nose days. We've all been there -.- 

xD I have to admit, this did make me laugh :D 

43 minutes ago, Astellius said:

Hide contents

Est has brown hair?  I wouldn't mind that, but she seems to be pink pretty much everywhere else.

2 hours ago, Sophie said:

Catria can't be paired with Marth, he has a nose. We can't break the patterns.

Indeed, that's why Catria must pine after Marth from afar, Caeda is just too good of a match for Marth. They both have blue hair, they both have noses, and neither one knows how to pants:

Spoiler

slide002.jpg.e16ee5da28c04e223d855a32aebe401c.jpg

2 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

Is that not Est without the nose?

I assumed that Catria is the one with blue hair, but I suppose it's possible that they totally botched the colors. The hairstyle of the one with brown hair is somewhat closer to Catria's, and blue hair is somewhat closer to Est's.

1 hour ago, Cute Chao said:

The pre-nose days. We've all been there -.- 

xD I have to admit, this did make me laugh :D 

Ah yes, the good ol' pre-nose days... IIRC, most of the characters in Bravely Default remain in that stage of life!

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

Est has brown hair?  I wouldn't mind that, but she seems to be pink pretty much everywhere else.

It's supposed to be pink, although it was actually more red in the portraits from the original FE.

Edited by Astellius

Just now, Astellius said:

I assumed that Catria is the one with blue hair, but I suppose it's possible that they totally botched the colors. The hairstyle of the one with brown hair is somewhat closer to Catria's, and blue hair is somewhat closer to Est's.

And the expressions, too. The brunette is serious and focused, the blue-haired wide-eyed and in awe.

The appearances of characters in the Gaiden manual should not be trusted, really. They seriously botched everyone's appearance in it.

Also, can't Catria just fall in love with someone else blue, like Frey or that one archer guy?

6 minutes ago, アリサ ラインフォルト said:

5Sca1PT.png
Slowest peg. knight in the entire FE universe.

Is it bad that my first thought was Syrene? With the long green hair, they have a lot in common anyway...

So is Tana the Catria or the Est?

Dang, forgot to add the little word "female".
I already forgot male peg. knights are a thing in FE.

So is Tana the Catria or the Est?

The answer is of course:

NPuSs8y.png

Seriously what's with the talk about the Whitewings outside of Celica's route!?
Clair is definitely the best.
Has Catria's speed and almost Palla's strength.

I should start the same kind of thread for Clair now.

Edited by アリサ ラインフォルト

13 minutes ago, アリサ ラインフォルト said:

Dang, forgot to add the little word "female".
I already forgot male peg. knights are a thing in FE.

The answer is of course:

NPuSs8y.png

Seriously what's with the talk about the Whitewings outside of Celica's route!?
Clair is definitely the best.
Has Catria's speed and almost Palla's strength.

I should start the same kind of thread for Clair now.

Subaki's the only named one- Mystery of the Emblem has generic male pegs. I've heard Heroes has the same, but I'm not convinced.

Looking forward to getting Echoes now.

5 hours ago, Astellius said:

Hide contents

Guhhhhhhh...  How can those pegusi see with armored playing over their eyes? xD

YES PALLA FAN THANK YOU REZZY

But I still like Catria better ;)

If I had to put it into numbers, on a scale of 1-10, Catria is a 10 for me. Palla is a 9.9999999999 repeating

Est is probably somewhere in the negatives solely because of her ending in FE12 >:(

10 hours ago, Selena4Lyfe said:

Guhhhhhhh...  How can those pegusi see with armored playing over their eyes? xD

Haha, yeah, I was wondering if anyone else noticed that! I believe some of the armor in Echoes completely cover the faces of horses as well. Perhaps all you need is magic!

On 2017-5-27 at 5:41 PM, Rezzy said:

That's a perfectly viable mating strategy.  You just wait for it to fall apart.  You don't actively break them up, but you can often tell when it won't last.

Didn't work for Faye, though. ?