Good places to EXP Grind (outside DLC)?

I've already beaten the main story but would love to know if there are any good places to level up Units, both now (in preparation of the postgame dungeon) and for when I replay the game (which I plan on doing soon).

So...yeah; are there any good places to level up your Units throughout the story? I've heard there's a spot in each side's Act 4 but I was hoping there were more - ideally in Act 3 (as that's when I remember feeling the difficulty ramp up).

Thank you all in advance and happy fighting!

Just go to the nearest available shrine. If you have access to the Secret Shrine, use that. There's only one secret location and it's only available for Alm's side, but you don't really need Celica's side to be particularly powerful. For post-game, the two teams are merged so Celica can use the Secret Shrine too, but by that point you're probably better off just grinding in the post-game dungeon itself instead.

I don't usually care about how many levels can I get per trip, since I like to fine-tune level ups. Enter a cave, fight once, keep using the Turnwheel until I get a satisfactory level up, save, and repeat. That'd be an overkill for Act 6 preparation, but I love myself some overpowered magical cannons.

33 minutes ago, nocturnal YL said:

I don't usually care about how many levels can I get per trip, since I like to fine-tune level ups. Enter a cave, fight once, keep using the Turnwheel until I get a satisfactory level up, save, and repeat. That'd be an overkill for Act 6 preparation, but I love myself some overpowered magical cannons.

Turnwheel doesn't reset level-up RNG. If you want to reset level-up RNG, you must reset the entire battle.

To clarify: If I don't get the level-up I want, I rollback my move and don't use that unit for the rest of that battle. And then I'll try again in the next battle.

Sometimes I'd also send all units with near-100 EXP (the exact threshold varies) to see what their level-ups would be like for that battle, and then roll back and have the ones who were shown to have good level-ups fight.

The following are my favorite places for grinding how useful they are depends on where you are in the story.

For Alm's route 1) The Deliverance's HQ 2) Fear Mountain

On Celica's Route 1) Seabound Shrine 2) Dragon Springs Shrine (I think that's what it's called anyway) Celica is more restricted for grinding options skirmishes also are great grinding options these are the methods I used to get everyone to 3rd tier. Hope this helps DefyingFates 

Thank you so much, everyone!

41 minutes ago, SavageVolug said:

The following are my favorite places for grinding how useful they are depends on where you are in the story.

For Alm's route 1) The Deliverance's HQ 2) Fear Mountain

On Celica's Route 1) Seabound Shrine 2) Dragon Springs Shrine (I think that's what it's called anyway) Celica is more restricted for grinding options skirmishes also are great grinding options these are the methods I used to get everyone to 3rd tier. Hope this helps DefyingFates 

You're referring to the Shrine that lets you revive characters, right? If so it sounds like you've got a training spot for early and mid-/late game :)

Maps with Cantors are great for leveling up units. You might want to do that during Act 2, where you can farm fairly early on that kind of map.

7 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Thank you so much, everyone!

You're referring to the Shrine that lets you revive characters, right? If so it sounds like you've got a training spot for early and mid-/late game :)

Yes, that's the one. And I was trying to list options that would be available whether one has just started the game or is somewhere around mid to late game in their run.

10 hours ago, nocturnal YL said:

Just go to the nearest available shrine. If you have access to the Secret Shrine, use that. 

Secret Shrine is rather bad if only because of the high chance of running into level 35 revenants and bonewalkers that give shit experience in exchange for the brutal beating they give you, regardless of cover

Not to mention at higher levels, the entombed give 10 EXP, and are rare, even there.

The Secret Shrine to the right of Rigel Falls is great for postgame grinding, and it's what I've been using to loop my Dread Fighters.

Big, spacious room with easy access to a Mila Shrine for promoting as well as retreating for clearing fatigue quickly, not to mention Revenants that are easy to OHKO alongside a host of other 1-range enemies. Oh, and two forests to train two scrubs at the same time while you Physic away every other turn.

Outside of DLC, at least it's better than running around the world map and working through the same menu prompts over and over.

I personally used Thabes when doing the Dread Fighter -> Villager loop. Resetting all the way back to Villager makes EXP gain worth something again, as a single kill on the first level of Thabes will be an instant level-up instead of the nothing one obtains when a T3 class. Also, the side income of Silver Marks and Provisions help when not relying on the DLC.

Since the character keeps the same stats (save for Movement and class-unique skills), it is easy to powerlevel Villagers. I managed to get my guys (Gray and Saber) from 1-20 just casually fighting and breaking pots for loot on floor 6. Now to repeat for the Mercenary and Myrmidon lines until most of their stats are capped...

• 2 months later...

You could also just walk around with one character and make enemies respawn, and "invade" your territory.  I don't know if thats a more efficient way of grinding, but I found that it also helps.  Hopefully this wasn't a useless comment :P