Blazing Blade and Binding Blade on best Virtual console selling games of all time list

Harvey

So yeah Blazing Blade topped at 8th position and Binding Blade topped at 10th place being the lowest on the virtual console place atleast....

http://gonintendo.com/stories/281223-japan-best-selling-wii-u-eshop-games-of-all-time

Yeah its probably not a big deal or anything but hey...Blazing Blade's awesome right?

Edited by Harvey

FE6 remake confirmed!

I know I jest but with Nintendo looking at these figures it could sway the next remake decision further towards Binding Blade.

Probably might want to reword the title of this thread. I got the impression that Blazing and Binding Blade were the best selling VC games as in, they were the best selling VC games

28 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Probably might want to reword the title of this thread. I got the impression that Blazing and Binding Blade were the best selling VC games as in, they were the best selling VC games

I had the same thought.

If Nintendo does plan on doing on Gamecube VC on Switch at some point, here's hoping this means we get Path of Radiance on it rather quickly (plus both Baten Kaitos games- but that's just me). Making Tellius more accessible is on the priority list for FE evangelism, after Jugdral of course.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

They are on the top ten list and did well for vc games.....

2 hours ago, Harvey said:

They are on the top ten list and did well for vc games.....

"Blazing Blade and Binding Blade are best virtual console selling games of all times list."

The awkward "list" at the end aside (which most readers will probably mentally read out), this seems to be saying that the two are the #1 and #2, not merely in the top ten. Just put "on" after "are" and it clears things up.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/28/2017 at 11:06 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

If Nintendo does plan on doing on Gamecube VC on Switch at some point, here's hoping this means we get Path of Radiance on it rather quickly (plus both Baten Kaitos games- but that's just me). Making Tellius more accessible is on the priority list for FE evangelism, after Jugdral of course.

I hope so! One of my "greatest" regrets in life is not picking up a copy of Path of Radiance I saw when I was younger. It was $12, which would have put a dent in my young wallet; however, the hole in my heart now is incomparably deeper and more painful. I would actually pick up a Switch at full price if they include a GCVC.

On 9/4/2017 at 1:06 AM, The Unlikely Knight said:

Boy, I'd love to see a Binding Blade remake. After being introduced to Roy via Smash Bros. Melee, I was disappointed to eventually learn we never got his game officially.

I too was saddened by the fact I couldn't play as my boy Roy in Fire Emblem. At least there is a solid English Patch for Binding Blade out now. I believe it is here on Serenes Forest as well. It actually may have been how I found this site.

However, a Binding Blade and Blazing Blade remake would be fun, especially with updated art and more freedom with Support Conversations (assuming the latest iteration of Support Conversations is similar to the one used in Awakening, which is the latest game I have played* so far).

*I say "have played," but it's more like, "am playing...for the first time."

1 hour ago, Tenzen12 said:

Updated art sound great, but "more freedom" with support conversation? You don't mean anyone x anyone I hope. That was low point of 3DS games after all.

Not necessarily "anyone x anyone." I meant "more freedom" meaning no five conversation limit. Although I'm all for multiple playthroughs, I like having the ability to knock out as many support conversations in a single playthrough so I can learn more about the characters.

Well that would mean less reasons to replay... but it might be better choice anyway, you might be on something. That said Having more than 5 support conversation would mean you could possibly get more than one romantic ending for character (you often don't get full story until A rank after all), which would be bad.

Maybe Is could rewrite some conversation and add one more for romantic conclusions (S rank)? That would certainly be in line with 3DS support systems while hopefuly avoiding it's flaws.

S Ranks would be a nice addition I think, and its also a great opportunity to flesh out characters that the majority of the western fanbase are already familiar with (I assume the majority, since Blazing Sword was the first FE in the west).