Good places to get Silver (and Gold) Marks outside DLC?

Title says it all, really. I've looked around - both on here and elsewhere - but haven't found any concrete advice. I know Duma Tower in Celica's Act 4 has a lot of SIlver Purses as loot but are there any other places or missions to get Marks? Are there any good places to get materials that sell for high prices, perhaps?

Thank you everyone in advance!

Unfortunately, Silver grinding is pretty limited without DLC. Reasonably good Silver drops tend to be somewhat rare from pots; most of the time you're just getting one per drop. You can spend time in dungeons waiting for glowing enemies to spawn; they always drop Silver.

Post game, Thabes has much better Silver drops. If you make it to at least the 8th floor, I'd say you're guaranteed about 150 Silver per run? You could get a lot more though if lucky. There are also drops for wine and foreign spices, but those are rarer.

Basically, before post game, it's rough.

With respect to gold marks, there's no real way to farm them before Thabe's. I believe that they're rarely dropped on the 8th/9th floors, but I'm not totally sure. So you're limited to what they give you during the game from chests and selling items like the exotic spice. You can convert silver to gold, if you have enough of it, but, with the limited amount you get, you're not going to be able to do this a whole lot.

In my latest run through of Thabes, I managed to gain 1k in Silver Marks through combined efforts of pot shattering, grass cutting & a few battles here and there.

'course, another option is to sell your provisions. If you're like me, who picks up everything whenever he has a chance to do so, you'll find that you'll eventually have too much of the same thing, which is essentially free marks right then & there, which, while small individually, stack up to profound amounts.

I only wish Gold Marks were a little easier, yeah

The best method to get silver pieces that I am aware of is to do the Ethereal Fishing Line quest in Zofia Harbor. Once you do that, the Skilled Angler in the tavern will supply you with an infinite supply of Dagon Filet that can be sold for 8 silver the piece. In order to get the Angler to reappear, all you got to do is to walk 4 tiles away. Once you get back, he will be back in the tavern to give you another Dagon Filet.

Even so, getting gold pieces with that method will take a while. The conversion rate is absolutely awful.

Edited by BrightBow

Save all your pegasus cheese to give to that enthusiast in Zofia Castle.  He'll give you Exotic Spices which can be traded for 3 gold marks each.  I'm not quite sure how often you can do it, I remember doing it once in each act that I could.

Don't bother with Mercurius btw

In Thabes Labyrinth I made like, 1000 silver marks on my first go. I was pretty lucky of course, but I seem to usually make around 500 otherwise. As for gold marks, there's a fountain room on the 8th floor I believe and there's a 1/6 chance of a gold mark dropping if you cut the grass. (Only 3 coins will drop. Exit the room then re-enter and 2 will drop, then 1, then none.)

Also you should always be able to get at least 1 gold mark via converting silver marks.

2 minutes ago, SuperIb said:

Also you should always be able to get at least 1 gold mark via converting silver marks.

How do you convert Silver Marks?

Just now, Armagon said:

How do you convert Silver Marks?

Just go to a Smithy and select the "trade-in" (It's called that or "convert." I forget which) option and you should be good to go. 500 Silver marks = 1 Gold mark. If you don't have at least 500 silver marks, you won't even be able to click the button.

4 minutes ago, SuperIb said:

Just go to a Smithy and select the "trade-in" (It's called that or "convert." I forget which) option and you should be good to go. 500 Silver marks = 1 Gold mark. If you don't have at least 500 silver marks, you won't even be able to click the button.

Ah, that explains why i never saw that option yet. The most Silver Marks i had was like, 300. But wow, 500 for 1. It'd be easier to just get the DLC then.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ah, that explains why i never saw that option yet. The most Silver Marks i had was like, 300. But wow, 500 for 1. It'd be easier to just get the DLC then.

I don't actually know how much the DLC gives but I assume it'd probably be better. I'm guessing if you want Gold marks then yeah, the DLC would definitely be better.