Basically, what do you guys think about the music in this game? Favorite pieces, how it stacks up against the other games, etc.

To start, all of Celica's map themes are total bangers. I like it a lot. The map theme for Act 3 is tight, I like that it's reminiscent of the series main theme. Also, I like the songs for fighting Berkut. 

I also like the music in this game in general. It's not a departure from the rest of the series in any way, but it works hard to establish clear leitmotifs for Alm and Celica. Not a big fan of how it doesn't pay off for either of them. (For an example, listen to Alm's Map 1 and 2, and then listen to Alm's map 3. Same for Celica.) 

Some of my favorites:

Twilight of the Gods (final map theme)

Lord of a Dead Empire (Rudolf map theme)

The Sacrifice and the Saint (Celica map theme staring in Act 4)

With Mila's Divine Protection

The Ark of Dawn (Act 2 world map theme)

A Song for Bygone Days (Act 4 world map theme

Legit, i think Echoes has the best OST out of any Fire Emblem.

I really love this OST, here are some of my favorites:

• A Song for Bygone Days - a really good map theme
  • Praise this Despair! - epic battle music against Berkut
  • Twilight of the Gods - awesome music for the final battle, really helped with how intense the battle was!
  • Heritors of Arcadia - This song is really amazing! Hearing this in the final credits was so good. 
  • Pride and Arrogance/ Prince of Darkness - Berkut's theme was really good, It shows that he has a lot of power and influence. (I really liked Lord Berkut, wish I could've recruited him in the end)
  • Echoes - really nice title theme
  • Those Who Challenge Gods - player phase battle music, really good

I could add quite a few more! Echoes: Sov did really well with their soundtrack!

it doesn't have a title as far as I know, but one of my absolute favorites is the song that plays in the intro

there were a lot of leitmotifs in this game but I couldn't quite tell what most of them were supposed to be associated with

but the intro theme made really good use of two, and it sounded really great

This game's music is really good. Like, really really good. Gaiden had some good tracks, and those good tracks are now amazing tracks.

After finishing the game, I'd say Rudolf's map/Battle theme, "Lord of a Dead Empire," is my absolute favorite. While the chapter itself eventually turns into turtling with Lukas and Forsyth, the track playing is really atmospheric, and it really made the map for me. 

Strange, I seem to really like it when they play a song for both the map and battle theme, with this and "Don't speak her name!"/"You bastard, don't you dare speak my sister's words!". Also how the hell did I remember the japanese name for it off the top of my head

Runners up would be, "With Mila's Divine Grace," all forms of the battle theme ("The Dauntless Blade," "A Blade on the Wind," and "Those Who Challenge Gods), and, "Unity".

Hell, every song is as least good. Fates and Awakening, for example, have some songs I don't really like, but listening through Echoes' OST I really do like every song that's there.

Boy, oh boy. I thought Fate was good, but SoV completely beat it imo.
My fav ? Berkut's 'themes' and the final battle of course. There is just too much good music in there to tell them all.

It's just... amazing. Totally competes with the rest of the series, heck this might even be my favorite OST so far.

As for favourite songs themselves, well

-Final boss theme (The Fell God's Tempest)

-Final map theme (Twilight of the Gods)

-Celica's third map theme(The Sacrifice and the Saint)

-All of Berkut's themes (Prince of Darkness/Praise this Despair!/Pride and Arrogance/The Scion's Dance In Purgatory)

-Alm's preparation's theme (Preparations: Deliverance)

-Alm's second map theme (March to Deliverance)

I forgot to put this in my original post, but I wanted to say how I was glad there was able to be good music and well established motifs WITHOUT complete overuse of a specific song that you can tell IntSys put a lot of time + money into making. Like another game I like a bit less than this one.

I love it.  People hyped up the last two games' music(which were still good, don't get me wrong), but I feel like this one definitely reached, and exceeded, my expectations.  My favourite tracks are the Act 2 and 4 map themes, so atmospheric. Duma's battle theme is great too.

I'm not too crazy about the final map theme, but then again chorus in FE just does nothing for me.

Edited by Sayyyaka

5 hours ago, Stopwatch said:

I forgot to put this in my original post, but I wanted to say how I was glad there was able to be good music and well established motifs WITHOUT complete overuse of a specific song that you can tell IntSys put a lot of time + money into making. Like another game I like a bit less than this one.

The tune of the final map theme actually shows up in a lot of places, including the opening theme, Heritors of Arcadia, What Lies at the End (Alm Map 2), Revelations, The Afterglow Fades, Reminiscences (Mila's Turnwheel) and Sea Winds and Travelers (theme of some harbors). There might even be some that I missed. Anyway, you get my point.

I actually really liked Lost In Thoughts All Alone, and the fact that it showed up a lot.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

I like all of the ost in echoes. But what ost I really Like, is actually the one that plays in some of the prelude to the deliverance maps. Sad that nobody has them uploaded yet, I could only get a good listen at it in Linkmstr's videos.

2 hours ago, GrimmLow said:

I like all of the ost in echoes. But what ost I really Like, is actually the one that plays in some of the prelude to the deliverance maps. Sad that nobody has them uploaded yet, I could only get a good listen at it in Linkmstr's videos.

I can't find his videos. Can you send me a link, please?

Link (My Playlist for the music)

The Ark of Dawn
With Mila's Divine Protection 
Mila's Ordeals
Sea Winds and Travelers 
What Lies at the End
Unity
The Scions' Dance in Purgatory
Twilight of the Gods
The Voice That Calls You
The Heritors of Arcadia 

Honorable Mention - The Sacrifice and the Saint

These are my top 10 that stuck out to me. Everything else I did not mention was either alright or I just found to be whatever. As you will notice I enjoyed Celica's music the most.  I still think Fates has the best ost overall in the series.

Edited by AbsoluteZer0Nova

I love Echoe's soundtrack! Here are some of my favorites...

Echoes (Title Screen Theme. Even though I heard it before, when I first started up the game, I sat on the title long enough for the class roll to play.)
The Ark of Dawn (Celica's early travel map theme. It's relaxing, as if one wants go to out sailing...)
A Song for Bygone Days (The travel map theme of Part 4 and postgame. I love the sorrow this piece invokes.)
March to Deliverance (Alm's main battle map theme. It's time Zofia marches to war!)
The Sacrifice and the Saint (Celica's main battle map theme. I was surprised to hear this play during postgame [Thabes] when I had Celica as my main lead!)
Lord of a Dead Empire (Also known as Rudolf's battle map theme. I'm a sucker for music that incorporates choirs, so yeah...)
Praise This Despair (I believe this is Berkut's final map theme. Given the setting, this song fits well!)
Twilight of the Gods (Final battle against Duma. It's a classic!)
Fate (Event music, but I believe it also plays in the Sluice exploration sections.)
The Heritors of Arcadia (A beautiful song, more so than Fate's Lost in Thoughts All Alone. Both are good, but I just prefer Echoe's ending theme more.)

Not sure if people realised but there is definitely a recurring leitmotif in almost every song just like there has been in Awakening and Fates, which I don't mind at all. You can even hear it in the levelup theme, but it's also a big part of Alm's Map 2 and Map 3 themes, as well as the Prologue map theme.

When I first heard the music for Zofia castle, my mind kept replacing it with the Final Fantasy series theme. I still haven't beaten the game, but my opinion thus far is fairly high. I feel like most chapter themes are held back by switching to the classic Gaiden battle music rather than the Awakening/Fates standard of playing the same song but with louder, more aggressive instruments. If the music wasn't being constantly broken up by that generic track, I think it would have improved the experience overall. My favorite right now is a map theme that I think is unique to Act 4 and Alm's route? It has a lot of woodwind instruments. I also really enjoy the recruitment theme. I always felt that Gaiden had low key one of the best recruitment themes, despite the player only hearing it a handful of times over the course of the game. And Echoes does it justice. I looked up this track as the first I could hear from this game before it came out, and it made me feel a little emotional.

Edit: Just looked it up, my favorite is What Lies at the End.

Edited by Gustavos

I've got bias, but I think Echoes is the best OST in the series, and it's not like I dislike Awakening and Fates music or any of the other music in the series really.

I also think Echoes has the best soundtrack in the series.

My personal favorites are: What Lies At the End/Alm 3, Sacrifice and the Saint/Celica 3, Twilight of the Gods/Final Map and Heritors of Arcadia. I think Bonnie Gordon did such a nice job on the ending theme and I listen to it on repeat lol.

I think the music in Echoes is simply out of this world! There are many times where I just sit and listen to the music for a few minutes even though I'm supposed to be fighting a battle. The ONLY soundtrack in the history of Fire Emblem that can compete is Radiant Dawn's, so yeah hands down Fire Emblem Echoes' music is beyond amazing. The music sets the stage so perfectly time and time again. Fire Emblem Echoes is a strong candidate for the best Fire Emblem game ever, we all may have our favorites and that's great. I think we SHOULD have different FE titles that are our favorites but I think there is a strong difference between favorite and best or top quality.