Face Sprite/MugsShots Help FE7

SakuraBlossom1

I'm trying to create my own custom Mugshot or face sprite whichever  name you prefer. I know you can just edit and photo shop the characters from the game but I wanted a pure custom one. So I created a face, but now I cant find any information on how to size it and make it into a full fire emblem face sprite. I'm looking for an easy simple way but if I must I'll go the hard way. Maybe I'm missing something super obvious. If I am  I'm sorry >.< I'm still quite a noob at this hacking stuff so please bare with me. If anyone knows a site,program, or a diagram that will help me figure out the size and the cutting of the face along with the chibi face size please do tell. Thank you very much in advance.

If I understand correctly, you're having trouble formatting your mug ("Mugshot or face sprite") right?

There are plenty of guides out there, but here's one to start off with, I guess

Blazer's Ultimate Tutorial: http://www.feshrine.net/ultimatetutorial/

It's old, but should be useful nonetheless.

Edited by Cardcafe

qcErxRh.png kI9Q1hP.png?1

I've always used these templates, where the blinks and mouth frames align with the checkerbox (but don't overlap). (Format wise the final image needs to be within 15 colors + transparent.)

Thank you Lenh for the diagram and the info very much appreciated ^^. I'll try it out right after I finish reading this chapter of portraits on the ultimate tutorial. I might have to ask something else about this, but maybe the ultimate tutorial will answer it for me so I'll save it for later.

Edited by SakuraBlossom1