Opinions on my strategy to beat Jedah in act 4

So I attempted to beat Jedah before but I retreated due to him basically one-shotting all my units. Most of my units are at their highest tier class except overclass *which I may or may not use* but anyways, my current strategy involves me forging Parthia from a blessed bow and giving it to Leon to attack from range, additionally I plan on giving Mae a mage ring so she can use Aura from a distance, maybe have Celica attack with her version of Ragnarok as well, and this is the main part of it besides needing to grind up Mae, Celica, and Leon some more to be effective and grinding up my dread fighters/other mages to tank the res hits. So any opinions on this? If you have any other better ideas I'll gladly consider them, as I missed the dracoshield in act 1 *was not grinding for that* and I would lie to not miss this one.

1 minute ago, Lord Raymond said:

I'm not sure if its possible. Doesn't he just leave the map if you hurt him enough times?

I've read of it being done, plus I think he leaves after 6 turns, which is the timeframe you have to do this, if it wasn't possible, why would they make the dracoshield dropable?

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Huh? All you need to do is keep hitting him with Mage Ring attacks and Bows and he can't do anything. He won't attack actively.

Well I only got two mage rings due to convoy transfer and one archer since I promoted Atlas to something else *at that time Leon was my best archer, now it's Python by far* I may try it again shortly, just most of my attacks do nothing to him

Well sorry for the double post but I did it, using a combination of Leon's bow and mages/dread fighters with either hexlock shields or coral rings to get to the fourth hits then I had Mae hit with Aura which dealt 20 damage, got him to the last hit, and used Celica's ultimate art which had a 100% accuracy to get the final hit and finish him, man it was tough, later in the game will hopefully be easier due to Delthea and Alm

1 hour ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

Well I only got two mage rings due to convoy transfer and one archer since I promoted Atlas to something else *at that time Leon was my best archer, now it's Python by far* I may try it again shortly, just most of my attacks do nothing to him

You can do it with just one ring, and none of the grinding you had to do, even on Hard lol. Jedah isn't THAT terrifying.

This is what I did, Atlas as a Dread Fighter (also my strongest unit) I sent after him. I used everyone else to destroy his "eyeball" buddies and then I would try to have Atlas attack Jeda, now Atlas' stats were of a nature that he would just destroy Jedah, the problem was Jedah's skills. Atlas had the blessed sword and I just had him keep attacking Jeda and healing with Genny's physic as necessary and eventually Atlas got a crit and was able to kill Jeda and I got the Dracoshield. I hope this gives you some ideas  LucarioGamer812, all I can say is keep trying you should be able to land a hit. Sidenote I have not used any DLC whatsoever none of the DLC is needed by any stretch of the imagination. The only one's I MIGHT make an exception for would be 1) Alm & Celica's over classes 2) A money DLC so I could max forge and evolve 3) maybe an items map. However even these I consider very unnecessary.

16 hours ago, SavageVolug said:

This is what I did, Atlas as a Dread Fighter (also my strongest unit) I sent after him. I used everyone else to destroy his "eyeball" buddies and then I would try to have Atlas attack Jeda, now Atlas' stats were of a nature that he would just destroy Jedah, the problem was Jedah's skills. Atlas had the blessed sword and I just had him keep attacking Jeda and healing with Genny's physic as necessary and eventually Atlas got a crit and was able to kill Jeda and I got the Dracoshield. I hope this gives you some ideas  LucarioGamer812, all I can say is keep trying you should be able to land a hit. Sidenote I have not used any DLC whatsoever none of the DLC is needed by any stretch of the imagination. The only one's I MIGHT make an exception for would be 1) Alm & Celica's over classes 2) A money DLC so I could max forge and evolve 3) maybe an items map. However even these I consider very unnecessary.

Well I got the season pass cause I wanted to so I have all those backing me up, I was able to do it though. I had a idea of using Saber and Kamui *my dread fighters as Atlas was still a Myrmidon* with boosted res from a coral ring *had like 12 of them* to tank the hits while leon sniped from afar and Mae with Jedah with Aura's before Celica used Ragnarok omega to finish him

21 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

You can do it with just one ring, and none of the grinding you had to do, even on Hard lol. Jedah isn't THAT terrifying.

I mean, he really isn't, just his abilities are somewhat troublesome to a first time player of gaiden/echoes. Plus more grinding never hurts

I managed to beat Jedah in Chapter 4 in my first run through the game and I didn't grind up any of characters to their third tier promotions. But don't look for me to submit an ironclad strategy because I was playing on normal (to get the Blitzkrieg medal) and Celica was RNG blessed. Her attack crit which resulted in an OHKO and I got to end the battle itself in 3 turns.

Okay, maybe that is a strategy even if you are at the mercy of the RNG. Find whoever your heaviest hitter is and see if they can get a decent critical chance, or give them a weapon that affords that. The only other option is to get long range attackers to widdle down Jedah's barrier and wage a war of attrition while hoping you aren't overrun by self multiplying eyeballs.

After using Dread Fighters/Leon to stall out his Duma's Blessing I banked on an approximately 40% crit from Celica's Ragnarok Omega Art to kill him in one hit. It happened and then I learned after I beat the game that he was an optional kill. I didn't even really use the Dracoshield he dropped lol