SoV Unit Evaluation Day 24-25: ATLAS and Jesse

17 hours ago, David Boey said:

, considering earlier in the thread you claimed Nomah was a better Fork candidate than Valbar.

It was a joke, Nomah is lol. 

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, L9999 said:

It was a joke, Nomah is lol. 

If you're going to put a joke in an ostensibly serious post, put an emoticon or use strikethrough to mark it as such, e.g. your joke about Kamui being better than Valbar did make me laugh.

39 minutes ago, David Boey said:

If you're going to put a joke in an ostensibly serious post, put an emoticon or use strikethrough to mark it as such, e.g. your joke about Kamui being better than Valbar did make me laugh.

I stand corrected. You have good points. :mellow: I always get unlucky in the cantor map.

Edited by L9999

Atlas: A unit that has terrible bases at lv 10 except attack. And while Echoes makes it possible to make him into anything else, Archer is still the best choice for him mainly because you already have three good mercenaries that can easily overshadow him. That and having a second archer also helps if you want to beat Jedah.

Jesse: Of the three mercenaries, has the highest luck growth which means he's the most luckiest and has the highest resistance base stat between the three. Starts out good and continues to do so. Can't go wrong using him.

Atlas: he has poor availability, but his high attack could make him a decent archer, especially since Hunter's Volley helps to compensate for his low speed.

Jesse: he has poor availability, and he is redundant with the other Mercs you get on Celica's route. He's probably not worth the effort of using in a no-grind run. If you need another Dread Fighter, you could always wait two maps and get Deen who has good bases and is much closer to promotion.

Jesse is decent enough, but still I don't like to use him really. I don't really get what they where thinking, when they made up his base stats.

A level 6 Merc, who doesn't care about his next level up, because promotion will undo it anyway. They could at least give him a decent weapon or something like that, but instead Deen gets that. His res is superb, but a Dreadfighter has that covered anyway.

Without Deen he would've been so much more useful... Not really sure if he can beat out Kamui, but he should be at least a Myrmidon by now.

Atlas is pretty much my Est/Nino of this game. Hard to train, but CAN be worth it. Will be horrible slow if he doesn't become a Dreadfighter. But I like his Rescue skill best.

He would've been a most wanted unit, if he could learn Warp over Rescue.

Makes a great Bow Knight ad well, but only because of Hunters Volley. That is, if you're willing to grind him.

Has no real value in a efficiency run.

10 hours ago, SSJDennis said:

Jesse is decent enough, but still I don't like to use him really. I don't really get what they where thinking, when they made up his base stats.

For a level 6 unit, his base stats are good and compared to the other two units you get, his growths aren't that bad either save RES alone. Since he's a mercenary, he's worth using as mercenaries in this game are quite good.

Now if he had those same bases at lv 10 though, then I agree that using him might be tough.

• 3 weeks later...