SoV Unit Evaluation Day 24-25: ATLAS and Jesse

Ah, missed Lukas and Gray. Oh well.

Spoiler

Lukas is a pretty standard earlygame armor a la Oswin while Gray has perfect availability and easily the best performance out of Alm's group as a Dread Fighter. Strong earlygame with Levin and a solid lategame with a forged Rapier.

Now for Kliff and Tobin.

I personally haven't used Tobin, though his growths are mostly mediocre save in Skill. He does have early availability going for him and will do slightly better than Kliff for at least a while. Mage works well for him, and may be preferable to archer due to his mediocre Atk. Early Excalibur as well as Physic access later on is pretty great.

Kliff, however, is much more potent in the long-term. Arguably the best out of the starting villagers, he has a fantastic 60% Spd growth to overcome the AS loss from some of the heavier weapons in Alm's route to prop up his Atk. He does well as virtually any class, though cavalier, mage, and archer are his most popular ones.

Mage offers the utility of hitting Res which can help him overcome Atk deficits in his growth, and was his most popular option in Gaiden due to how comprehensive his spell list was, featuring Excalibur, Saggitae, and Aura all rolled into one.

However, I personally went with archer. Kliff scales incredibly well with the Bow Knight promotion and can take a Killer Bow for an even more effective player phase, what with Hunter's Volley and its boosted crit rate.

Overall, both Tobin and Kliff work well for their shared availability and class options, but Kliff and his greater growth potential appeals to me more.

EDIT: 6 / 5 / 17 What happened to the text in the spoiler?

Edited by MrSmokestack

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like the best for Kliff and Tobin was a lot more divisive then I thought. I'll have to give them a try again to see what they're capable off when someone else inevitable breaches this topic in the future. For now let's continue with our first two ladies of the group, Faye and Silque.

18576752f7707fee5ae55b843e7d1db8.jpg

Our Alm obsessed female villager from Ram Village, her personality basically starts and ends here for most but let's leave that behind. I haven't tried most of her options so this one's more on you guys to tell me. Faye is to a point going to be your most average villager as she specializes in nothing but at the same time does all her available classes rather well. 

As a peg, she'll have to compete with Clair. She'll be bulkier and pretty much tied in strength but aside from that she loses out in every other aspect. The fact that most enemies will be human until practically endgame doesn't really make this class ideal in the long run. She could work decently as a cav if needed but again probably not her best class. If you want her to be a class, mage or prefferably priestess is the way to go with her. Gaining Physic and Rescue so early in the game is a boon and in combination with Silque's warp could lead to some interesting strategies to implement. Adding Seraphim to the mix as a Saint and the enemies overall low res in the entire game, this could arguably be her best class overall.

She also learns the equivalent of dance but as it comes so late, you'll probably never use it until you grind for Thabes which isn't in consideration in this evaluation. Overall solid, maybe not the best, but definitely solid. 

4da934e76dde90d84b9f8909ff315ee94ef0c675

Our lovely priestess with an odd sense of direction and gossipy tongue, here's Silque ready for our healing services. She joins us in a pretty weak shape with some low base stats aside from res and some rather unimpressive growths but like most of us know, healers are usually the ones least encumbered by these facts and Silque quickly proves her worth by learning Warp. When she promotes, she gains a huge boost to her durability, and access to Seraphim and Expel and just a little later Invoke which handles a set of Dread Fighters ready to cause a ruckus. Her skill set is honestly pretty impressive and you have basically the entire game to get to it just like Faye. 

Without healing being considered, her biggest weakness is making sure she can get some kills to help out earlier with her inaccurate Nosferatu attack. The setup isn't hard since Lukas or Alm can weaken the enemy, it's just hoping it can hit, but outside of her frailty that is probably her biggest issue.  It can be patched up nicely enough with Leather shield. Not much else I can say, she again is someone with considerable worth to the team especially if you need a slower or more powerful unit transported where they're needed most.

What say you guys?

Edited by Raguna

I've been using Faye as a cavalier and she's fucking terrifying. I trained her up to level 20 villager before promotion once I realized how easy it was to do at the pirate cove. I may have gotten ridiculously stat-blessed with her, but, well...

Here are her stats as a level 16 cavalier:

HP: 36

Atk: 29

Skill: 10

Spd: 12

Lck: 17

Def: 18

Res: 8

She's an absolute menace, so much so that I'm almost don't even regret not making her a cleric once I discovered her spell list.

Faye is probably the best cleric on alm's route since Physique is ridiculously good and the Support bonuses she gets from alm are so ridiculous and actually make her a potent offensive unit with Nosfuratu.

Silque is nowhere near as good as Faye due to no Physique. That being said, recover and Warp are still really useful for most characters.

@ Alastor15243 that looks like a pretty average Faye.

Moving on to Faye herself. Her other class choices (sans mage, because Delthea) carry hard and are compete with the best of the best in their tree as she generally has speed to double all but the fastest foes alongside huge bulk and atk, but in Saint Faye may just be one of the most broken units in all of FE. Turns out rolling the darkmage/dancer/rescue staff into one unit with (at minimum) double the stats of her competition is just thilly even before we consider the absurdity of her fast support adds from Alm and Silque. 10/10 best unit in the game hands down.

Silque: Is a warpbot with the best invoke summons you'll never actually use and some reasonable player phase combat post-promotion. 7.5/10.

I would probably consider Silk better than a cleric Faye mainly because Silk learns warp, which I use a lot for getting units like Alm, Lukas or Forsyth across the battlefield faster, this was definitely useful when I was fighting Nuibaaba, I also enjoy her mist spell as a form of bait as most of the time the enemy will focus on the summoned warriors instead of my units leaving me free to pick them off. However I've used Faye as both a mage and a cavalier, in either of those she performs excellently. So on the grounds of Faye in something like mage or cavalier I would consider Faye to be the better unit, also as a cavalier Faye has pretty decent resistance I like Faye a lot while she may not have a "canon" class she performs really well and is a reliable unit. My sister tells me that Faye also performs quite well as a pegasus so she kind of seems like Cliff as a jack of all trades.

There are 2 options for Faye. A) Be a cleric. B) Be a cleric. There is zero contest really. Pegasus knights are a sad shadow of what they were in Gaiden, mage sucks, you have more than enough ponies. Cleric Faye is busted. She has a lead in stats over Silque as she had 3 levels worth of levelups (or not) as a villager, and any points of speed, strength, and defense are very noticeable. Faye's growths get the job done, on average Faye ends being very bulky (unheard of a healer unit), really strong, and is above the threshold of being doubled and may double some dudes with Seraphim. Faye learns Physic at level 6. This makes training/using Faye a completely trivial matter. Faye learns Rescue at level 10, allowing her to move lagging units around and do some silly shenanigans with Silque's warp, as both girls have similar magic range. When Faye promotes she gets Seraphim, which is accurate and hits hard. It is a blessing in segments of Alm's route when you fight monsters, those refuse to die."But Faye is stuck with Lolferatu as a cleric" Yes, but she has Alm support that makes it 70% hit. It is shaky in 1 RN but it is better than 60%. "Healers level up slowly" Nothing new, if they fight they get more exp. 

Silque was nerfed from her Gaiden gloriousness, Warp no longer being infinite, Invoke being nerfed so hard it is completely useless now, and the new exp scaling doesn't allow her to gain obscene exp gains. On what SoV concerns, here's what sucks about Silque. 1) Her bases are lackluster. Her defense is pathetic, and makes you forget she has a 40% growth (yes, its true), her speed is poor because it weighted down by Lolferatu and her growth isn't very good (30%) so she likely will get doubled by everything. 2) She starts locked to Lolferatu. Needless to say it is innaccurate and she doesn't have support bonuses to fix it. 3) No Physic. Faye gets it, Tatiana gets it, even Tobin gets it. Not having it hurts. Now here is what is awesome about Silque. 1) Infinite Warp. Even if it is nerfed, Warp is amazing for skipping portions of the terrain and cut turns moving units around. Investing on Silque's strength with the Lion heads should always be a priority, and you can pass Ryon Shield from Celica's group so Silque can gain additional range as well as defense (she loses speed but we already established her speed is lame). 2) Silque gets Seraphim when she promotes, and I already established why that thing is good. 3) Silque gets Invoke, and it summons Dread Fighters. Those are very good, they help to chip enemies and the AI always targets them, so they can be useful to divert enemy witches/dark mages so you can kill them on your turn. In many battles of Chapter 4 they are useful to stall hordes of enemies away from your group so there is that. 4) Having a healer around is good in a game where dodging never happens. 

I'm going to score both Faye and Silque at 10/10, because they work best as a team. Warp synergizes well with Physic and Rescue, both can heal each other when they do their shenanigans, and Silque doesn't have to wait for Tatiana (or Tobin) to do costly spells unpunished or having to take care of everyone alone. There is not a single reason why you wouldn't use both. Faye sucks in her other classes, Silque is a healer with some great stuff, and you get so few units you might as well use them. 

The thing about Silque and Faye is that they both combine to become worth more than they would be otherwise -- which says a lot, as they're both individually quite good. There is no overlap in their spell sets besides Recovery and offense. Between the two, you get:

• Warp: Nerfed from Gaiden, but still an incredibly potent spell. Enhance a lagging unit's movement! Assassinate a particular foe from afar! Bypass hideous terrain and labyrinthine walls! Shave off a few excess turns that would otherwise be spent waiting for that one faraway enemy to be in attack range! There's not a whole lot you can't do with Warp.
  • Rescue: Let's just reiterate here: you have two units, one with Warp and one with Rescue, who can both use their respective spell on the same turn. This is incredible. Warp a unit toward an annoying boss anywhere in range, attack them, and then Rescue them with impunity. Rescue a unit from anywhere nearby, have Silque Warp them elsewhere, and then let them move on top of that for hilarious mobility. Movement becomes surprisingly irrelevant because these two units can act as a movement battery for any unit on your army.
  • Physic: A delightful alternative to Rescue for Warp shenanigans. Warp someone into the heat of battle and then heal them up from halfway across the map! Good for culling masses of weaker enemies. It can also naturally be used without Warp, letting Faye heal someone from a safe position -- or just letting her refill Silque or Tatiana's health in spite of awkward positioning.
  • Recover: On both. It's a little thing, but having two units with basic Recovery means that they can heal each other and effectively have infinite healing as long as they do so. This also means that they can heal each other for experience on turns where they have nothing better to do. Of course, they can also heal other units too.
  • Invoke: Filler units are always nice, and Silque's are neat in that they are able to fight back. They're not necessarily better than Genny's or Tatiana's, who are more likely to distract opponents, but there's always merit to a recyclable meat shield that can take a hit.
  • Expel: Not an amazing spell on Alm's route, but still a decent utility to have when going through dungeons and you're tired of fighting. It won't save your life, but it might reduce tedium a bit.
  • Seraphim: On both. This means you can murder two Great Terrors per turn for free. Rare in standard battles, but like Expel, useful in dungeons. Unlike Expel it might actually be important.
  • Nosferatu. On both, but Faye in particular has an easy accuracy bonus and bulk. You can do hilarious things with that if Faye gets a bit of luck.
  • Anew: The most hyped up aspect of Faye's arsenal, and ironically probably the weakest between its availability and its cost. If she ends up learning it, though, it's not too hard to find creative ways to use it. Faye's bulk means that even in spite of the HP cost she can potentially survive being in enemy range, or you can just use it on a nearby unit and then have Silque and/or Tatiana warp them elsewhere.

Both units are absolutely amazing and contribute quite a bit, and having both of them at once multiplies their utility instead of creating redundancy. It's frankly incredible that these lovely ladies are allowed to exist in a world where they get such beautiful availability together. I'd consider Faye the marginally better unit because she's a bit less of a one-trick pony, but I can think of no circumstance where you would not want to use both for the vast majority of the game -- only when Tatiana shows up do either cease to be inarguable top-tier units, but even then you'd still probably want to use at least one or the other (with both having merits to justify themselves over the other, and all three being an entirely feasible option because Clerics are just that good.)

37 minutes ago, Iridium said:

Both units are absolutely amazing and contribute quite a bit, and having both of them at once multiplies their utility instead of creating redundancy. It's frankly incredible that these lovely ladies are allowed to exist in a world where they get such beautiful availability together. I'd consider Faye the marginally better unit because she's a bit less of a one-trick pony, but I can think of no circumstance where you would not want to use both for the vast majority of the game -- only when Tatiana shows up do either cease to be inarguable top-tier units, but even then you'd still probably want to use at least one or the other (with both having merits to justify themselves over the other, and all three being an entirely feasible option because Clerics are just that good.)

The shenanigans you can pull with those 2 is ridiculous. Things like:

Zofia Castle: Warp Gray with Silque so he can kill the Fliersbane archers on the right tower, and heal with Faye. Then heal Gray with Physic, heal with Silque.  

Niubaba's Castle: Raid with rescuewarping.

Rigel Falls: Rescuewarpping to get rid of the archers and summoning an army of Dread Fighters.

Endgame: Warping Zeke to get rid of the dude with Death and rescuing him from Duma. 

Edited by L9999

I definitely agree that Faye and Silque are much more effective when used together than when used individually.

I made my Faye a cavalier, and I very much regret not making her a cleric. Her spell list has very little overlap with Silque aside from their default Recover and Nosferatu. Of note, Faye gets Rescue and Physic while Silque gets Warp and Invoke Dread Fighter. While Warp has reduced range in this game compared to its appearance in Gaiden, it remains an incredibly useful skill for shenanigans like warping Alm or another boss-killer, using Double Lion or some other art for the KO, and rescuing them out of range.

Of the two, I find Faye edges out Silque, but only barely. Unlike the latter, the former has an actual Def growth which makes her unusually bulky for a healer, and she has fast supports with both Alm and Silque to boost her Nosferatu Hit to a respectable 80+, though she is more likely to use Seraphim after promotion for the higher Hit and weapon effectiveness. Invoke Dread Fighter usually only arrives until late in the game, and in the meantime Faye has more spells unique to her that let her contribute more, at least until Tatiana arrives with her own Physic and Warp. But again, why choose one when you can run all three in Alm's route?

Overall, Faye and Silque are easily the best units available due to their sheer availability and near-endless utility they provide to the team.

Gonna be redundant here and say that the matter of whether Faye or Silque are better than each other is the wrong way to look at them (if Faye is a cleric of course, and redundency is an issue if she is made into any other class). Rescuewarp shenanigans are invaluable at places like Nuibaba's mansion and the other instances mentioned above, and the two existing ensures that there will always be healing readily available as they don't need to rely on nostanking. Faye having physic does prove to be more useful in my playthrough however, where the two instances in which you fight Desaix have narrow corriders that will bottleneck your units and leave them susceptible to pokes from afar, but Silque ensures in this case that the physics can keep coming while the two healers are safe from harm. 

The again spell is not typically an issue to state in favour for Faye if we're comparing them on the basis of the main story. Because she learns it in the very late game, possibly only in act 6 if no excessive grinding is done, it's hard to tally a point for it because of its limited availability. Regardless, the problem here is comparing them as competing units rather than cohesive supporters that make Alm's maps immensely easier to go through. Hell, I'd say they would be within the top 5 units in the game overall and a definite lock for the postgame.

The tandem duo of healing have given us their best, but they like everyone else must leave us to the rest to come by. Presenting yet another duo, the pair of siblings known as Clair and Clive. Also apologies if this observation is rather abrupt in comparison, time is sadly not on my side this week.

DAlQuvCXoAATPr4.png

The lady of highest class coming in with a lance and strange ideas on what farm life is like. Clair is the first and possibly only pegasus knight you will ever get in the game and as it stands, she's really all you'll need as far as Alm's route is concerned.  From what I could gather, she has a pretty rocky start when you first get her as her physical durability is rather terrible despite her 8 res being appreciated. She relies on evasion more than any other unit and the rng in this game doesn't really favor dodge-tanks as they in some previous games. That said her growths are rather impressive with her possibly becoming the fastest unit on your squad with an added bonus of having supports with Gray, Alm and Delthea who will likely stay in most of your dungeon questing adventures if efficiency is all you desire. 

I can't say for absolute certainty if she's incredible or not since in all my runs she was truly the fastest unit on my team but her defense and strength were lackluster compared to my other unit. Her best weapon would be a Rhomphaia since the skill contained in it adds her spd to her strength which in many cases is always a blessing. The unique selling point of being effective against Terrors never really comes into play for Clair either since most enemy encounters are with humans. Her mobility isn't that appreciated with the number of cavs present in mostly wide open or easily maneuverable maps but she does pull her weight especially once promoted. I'll leave her evaluation more up to what you guys can provide me.

f1mxdNJ.png

Our very beloved former Leader of the Deliverance, Sir Clive. He's potentially our first cav and out of all of them definitely the most average. Unlike her sister who has some of the highest growths in the game, Clive has some of the lowest and his base stats aren't all that impressive either. They're ok outside of being the poor chap to have 1 res rivaled by Leon's who can potentially outrange mages and Valbar's 0 res but they're for another time.

Clive leads a rather sad gameplay existence contrary to how the story treats him, he's ready for promotion as soon as you get that first level up on him but in a direct run, Clive will have to get it right after recruitment in the HQ since all that's left by that point is Zofia castle. He'll continue to contribute his fair share right until you get Mathilda who beats him in every category except HP. There's no harm in using both especially in main story maps, but Clive in all likelihood be benched for the shrines coming ahead which will damper his usefulness in the long run. Despite this, he does far more than Mycen or possibly Zeke by the fact of his early join time.

Overall, he does his job. He's not bad, he's not great. Just an average dude on a horse that you get earlier than the other cavs who gets overshadowed by his fiancee. It's up to you if you want to use him.

Edited by Raguna

Pssst you should change the topic title

Clair is the earlygame flier, sporting fantastic growths in Luck, Skill, and Spd as well as an above-average Atk growth to complement her massive Mov range that ignores terrain, especially when promoted. While she can be prone to some Atk screwage this is can be easily fixed with a forge, especially with Ridersbane Why you would forge that into Rhomphaia is beyond me and her innate Banish skill as a Falco Knight giving her quite a bit of bonus damage to work with to improve her combat. Max forges also usually give back 1-2 points of attack speed, which her high Spd stat can easily stomach. Finally, Clair supports Gray who is a fantastic unit in his own right, and their Mov ranges get close to even towards the end of the game. Great unit overall.

Clive is probably the most average cavalier I have ever used. He's not terrible, but his growths don't do anything for his bases, including 1 Res and a Spd that betrays his HP and Def. The only real advantage he has over the potential cavaliers is his early availability, assuming you didn't turn any of the villagers into one. Otherwise, he's sorely outclassed by Mathilda and Zeke.

Even so, I never ended up benching him. If nothing else, promotion keeps his bases on par and he still supports Mathilda, who is easily one of the best units on Alm's route, if not the best. Clive's a lucky guy.

Overall, Clair is flier/10 while Clive is a backup cav. Both support great units and you don't lose anything at all by fielding them.

Edited by MrSmokestack

Clair can be okay with a lot of investment. On hard she only deals 2 damage on the map immediately after her recruitment, and she's not especially bulky. Even if you stop to train her up, the danger of being strength screwed can force her to be benched on a hard mode playthrough. The Falcoknight's banish skill will get some use in Act 4 onward but you need to baby her a lot to reach level 12. Also I find it difficult to get your hands on a javelin in Alm's route, which is my preferred weapon for fliers as they can attack from very inaccessable places when equipped with a 2 range weapon - namely on fort maps.

Clive being one level away from being immediately useful really helps his case for a hard mode run, but he sports one of the lowest speed growths in the game (25%), and his HP growth is the only one I would call great at 55%. But the cav line gets huge HP bases on promotion, so it doesn't do much for him. Gold Knights get a base of 40, a number Clive is unlikely to surpass. Overall I find him pretty low tier because of his long game being so poor. Treat him as a pseudo Jagen to set up kills for others, then devote the bulk of your attention to his girlfriend. 

Clair is surprisingly great as a unit in this game compared to Gaiden. Giving her 2/3 Attack Lion Statues basically sets her up for life, with her only immediate competition being Silque. While that is a pretty big investment considering that Silque will always appreciate the ATK no matter how she turns out, fixing Clair's number one issue (damage) right off the bat is a pretty good move that pays off long term. Unless Cav!Kliff is in play, she's most likely going to be your Ridersbane user for quite some time. Mathilda doesn't actually need the Ridersbane to ORKO Cavs, so Clair can use that time to continue growing into a powerhouse. By Act 4 she's really hard to stop, only requiring average stats to really put in work. Banish is one of those skills that is really nice on paper, but in practice it just doesn't come into play all that often for Alm's route. Still, given her stupidly high 70% Speed growth, she's almost guaranteed to double Mogalls in 5-E, so that's pretty nice, if a little situational.

Clive is just alright. Not great, not bad, but just alright. Maybe a little above average, depending on the map. I do think that he's better than a lot of people realize however, given that all he really needs to stay relevant after joining is 1 Level in 1-F. It's pretty easy to make that happen, though depending on who else you've been raising up he may have some serious competition for that experience. If you can get him one level though, he gets immediate access to the Paladin class that carries some respectable bases and 8 move. He doubles all the generic Cavs in the next few maps with Paladin bases, leaving them injured for your other units to clean up as needed. The Ridersbane is of course better used on other characters, but he can use it in a pinch or pull off some trade shenanigans or whatever, so it's at least worth mentioning. He probably won't hit Gold Knight unless you go out of your way, but he's reliable in the things that he can do, and that keeps him from being irredeemable in my eyes. 

Mathilda is way better tho

Edited by Deltre

I didn't use Clair the last run, but my two cents on Clive:

He had a pretty decent niche to fill with the Steel Lance over the ridersbane, and this is really emphasized in the DLC where he has lower stats than Mathilda but the steel lance gives Tempest, which is a great skill early on and keeps him viable as a finisher and a guy that can run up to witches and just say goodbye. Forging the steel lance and using tempest kept Clive very relevant for me for a lot longer than he otherwise would have (on hard).

Clair

Even though Clair doesn't seem too good she has her merits. Her speed is a big selling point, so unlike her pegasi sisters from other games the speed penalties from lances don't affect her, because her base speed isn't ass like every other Alm route unit she can make use of the Ridersbane for a while. Clair also has 8 resistance, making her good to fight mages, and that comes in handy in Zofia Forest 1, as she can safely fight the arcanist and get some sweet exp after being mostly ineffective in act 1. Once she no longer has dibs on the Ridersbane she can manage just fine with any other lance, if you forge her a Steel Lance into Silver Lance it will exponentially increase her damage. Her pormotion benefits her a lot because she gains a lot of defense points, perfect for using her flying ability. The big deal with Clair is that leveling pegasus knights is a horrible experience because enemies are too bulky, hit hard, the maps are infested with archers. and leveling up after level 10 is painful in a horrible class like Pegasus Knight. Banish comes in clutch in many situations but most of the time Clair won't reach the OHKO. This game has no units you might as well use her. 8/10.

Clive

I already explained before how Kliff, Mathilda, and Zeke were better, but Clive works as filler and witch bait. He also has strength to chip enemies so Clair can kill dudes. 6/10

Edited by L9999

Claire is early bird/10 with semi-static leveling and light turnwheel rigging her Str flaw never comes into play and while she may need a map or two of juggling the leather shield and Iron/steel lance in act 1 to get out of her shakey start on hard, she has a very strong game act 3 onwards. 8/10

Clive exists, comes one level off T2 promotion, has usable stats, and he has a pony. He also falls off hard later on but is never quite useless. 6/10

Edited by joshcja

Clair has good strength and good speed as a peg knight. These traits allow her to double most enemies on Alm's route and ORKO calvary units with a ridersbane. Her low bulk as a peg Knight is really troublesome, however, and means that she will constantly have to be fed kills against melee units and makes her an unreliable  choice when going up against squads of calvary. The Promotion gains she receives drastically improves her bulk and makes what I say here a non-issue. Dealing effective damage against terrors is not that useful on alm's route, but still helps in Dungeons.

Clive ended up pretty solid in my runs of the game. He's not as good as Mathilda, but in my runs, he did have a few notable advantages over her (namely higher Strength, Defense and HP), making him a more reliable unit to go up against things like Generals. He gave useful support bonuses too.

As characters I like both Clive and Clair equally. However I would say that Clair will probably be a better balanced unit than Clive. While Clive will have good str and def but poor speed meaning that he will get doubled by just about everything and his res is the 2nd worst in the game with Valbar having the #1 worst. Meaning that keeping him away from mages and witches is an absolute must. Against other units though he does pretty good.

Clair + ridersbane = awesome

Clair reminds me on Tana with her high speed and luck and decent strength growth.
Imo the best physical unit in Alm's party, and honestly the best in the entire game. 
In my two playthroughs she turned out better than the Whitewings.

Clive is one of the worst units in the game.
Being mounted doesn't save him for his mediocre bases and growths. Totally outclassed by Mathilda and Conrad later.

Edited my Clair review upon closer inspection. She is super clutch in the gargoyle dungeon. Forgot about her promo bonuses because I was juggling FE games when I wrote the review.

Edited by L9999

Apologies for the delay, some things sprung up on me yesterday. Nothing much else to add in this area for now, let's keep going to a duo based on opposites. Here comes Forsyth and his bickering buddy Python.

5355042014401c75768fb1be95c0b693.jpg

Our gallant man of the hour, the hotheaded Clive fanboy rushes in with gusto. Forsyth here is the second soldier you gain after Lukas and for the most part fills in the same role as him. Most of the pros and con's that trouble him are around the same specified back when reviewing Lukas but to reiterate to a certain degree, if focused on he will usually turn with higher stats than his competition with a decent lead in spd and resistance due to his higher growths. But that's probably where the issue for him comes in since despite having slightly higher stats, he doesn't do anything spectacularly better.

Forsyth joins at a later time where Lukas has more than likely turned to a knight by the time you recruit him. Forsyth also joins with around the same base stats Lukas had aside from his 5 res. For the most part, he really only needs to get to promotion to get a decent help to his str and def and from then on keep fighting until Baron. His mov will never be too detrimental due to Silque helping out and if he gains the Hexlock Shield his prowess in magic based maps will improve.

I can't really add anymore that I didn't say before. He does the same as Lukas but slightly later and has a slightly better endgame. The biggest difference is join time.

tumblr_oq8qy3nUyM1scm3myo2_500.png

Our rather unmotivated archer, he came to get away from work just get embroiled in a continent wide war. Unless you make one of your villagers into a bowman, he will be the only one to fulfill this role. In this role, Python will do decently in his line of work but it's unlikely that he'll become your best unit and out of all possible archers he will also be the most inaccurate. His skill has a low base and his growth in the area is not going to help either. Adding to the fact, his base speed is pretty pathetic which sets him up for a rough start.

He is however not that hard to fix especially if he's your only archer. The Iron Bow has the skill Curved Shot that helps him aim and adds to his decently high str. After a while, his spd will improve but promo gains won't really increase his skill. After you keep going, forging a Killer Bow is recommend in order to activate Hunter's Volley which will carry him for the rest of the game.

A decent unit with a rough start. This duo alongside Clive is probably among the weaker units you gain in Alm's route, but again none are atrocious but won't be getting any gold medals.

Edited by Raguna