Grand Hero Battle: Camus: Sable Knight (6/2/17)

Roflolxp54

9 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Keep in mind, I could be mistaken. It has been known to happen. A lot.

Ah, I see. I find I'm wrong more often than I'd like to be too though, don't worry too much. xP

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I beat it with Cherche, Klein, Reinhardt and Olivia.  

Cherche killed Camus, she retreated with dragback and Olivia dancer her out of the other horses range.   Klein killed the red mage and troubadour, Olivia killed the green horses.   Reinhardt didn't do anything but tank the troubadour once.  

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Wow, really? And you're supposed to be my teacher! Haha, I could've also gotten lucky though, because I wasn't QUITE sure what I was doing at first. Only after the first turn or two did I really figure it out.

Seems you've just improved in your skills! The best part is that you did it all on your own too.

I'm feeling pretty proud of you right now ;)

@GuiltyLove so you wanna throw shade huh? Cause I can throw some shade too.

You get a deathless run yet?

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Seems you've just improved in your skills! The best part is that you did it all on your own too.

I'm feeling pretty proud of you right now ;)

Yeah, and it was against an all horse team too! Those always kicked my butt before.

Yay. ^^ You were a good teacher though!

Michalis, Reinhardt, Takumi, and Lyn

Lyn needed the HP seal for her role, and if she had been -HP or -Res the Res Seal I put on Takumi would have been mandatory as well. I suspect Roy would have worked better, I forgot I had him. Only question about Roy is if he speed would have been good enough. Reinhardt was neutral attack, no A slot skill but had the attack seal. Michalis had Moonbow. I can do a step by step breakdown if somebody is struggling but it seems like most people have this one figured out. 

Went with Ryoma, Reinhardt, Olivia (i have a 5* ruby +atk -res) , and a Sharena with Rally Res.

Reinhardt walks up to Camus, deletes him. Olivia dances him down and is in position to take a hit from the red cav. Ryoma sits behind her to draw fire from the healer. Next turn Olivia has 11 HP left bc I rally res'd her, otherwise she'd have 7, I move Rein next to her and remove the healer, then she moves to his right and dances him so he can remove red cav too. Ryoma swaps with him. Olivia removes one green cav, Ryoma the other.

The end.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Zephiel, Ninian, Linda, and Eliwood.

Zephiel Tanks Camus and Staff User.

Eli has Spur Def Seal and Linda HP Seal. Ninian +3 Def whatever it is in English.

Zephiel moves right out of the way.

Linda deletes Camus with Aura, survives with 2 HP.

Eliwood takes Camus's spot hits the troubadour. Ninian Dances him. Hits troub again. Miracles. Everyone in a line to block axe cavalry from killing Ninian and Linda.

End turn.

Linda deletes Red Mage Cav.

Heals Eli. Eli waits and just deletes both Axe Knights.

Can't say I hadn't a perfect setup but I made it work. Beat Lunatic using a lot of advice from here & Reddit. 

Used a 5 star Caeda with Ruby sword (she's -ATK and generally useless but my only leveled hero with Ruby Sword), a 4 star +ATK Cherche with brave axe & reposition, a 5 star +ATK Nino & a four star standard issue Ursula.

I tried simultaneously flying Caeda to the left to bait the healer and using Cheche's reposition to safely hit Camus with Nino. 

It wasn't pretty & Ursula was pretty useless--I only used her once, against the red mage--but I scraped by & got the 4 star Camus.

Beat Lunatic with Oboro, Linde, Xander and Olivia. Basic strategy was to split Camus force with Oboro and Xander...

Right now I need to go to my job, so I'll take a video later in the office!!

Watching the free units strategies made me realize I could have used a flyer to bait the healer. That would have been so much safer!

It wouldn't have been as stressful as keeping Ursula, the main damage dealer, alive with 7 to 4 HP after the initial hit and run against Camus with her.

Arthur, a leveled up Narcian, or Titania could have dealt with Camus and Palla or Stahl and Olivia with Ruby Sword could have dealt with the axe cavaliers. Without them, the healer and red mage are easy pickings for Est or Subaki. Also, Cordelia or Hinoka if you have them.

I walked through the entire map with Spring Camilla and Minerva, but that's hardly a surprise considering how absurdly powerful Camilla is (she can even tank the red knight and one-round kill). Ninian and Elise to cheer them on (Ninian danced a few times, Elise just sat there looking cute).

Once I get home from work, I suppose I'll see if I can come up with a suitable challenge for this map. It's probably still going to be at the minimum:

• No Skill Inheritance
  • No merges that would change the outcome of a round of battle
  • No characters ranked Tier A+ or higher on the wiki's vanilla skills tier list

I might add another condition if there's a strategy that makes the map too easy, but we'll see if that's necessary.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_18c.thumb.jpg.f0864e15efba1a9bc0bd6230956ee886.jpg

Whoof... This Grand Hero Battle felt like a real step-up in difficulty relative to the other recent ones.  I don't think I've had this much trouble since Zephiel's many moons ago.  Zephiel's difficulty stemmed primarily from positioning complexities, however; with Camus, I had issues in both team-building and overall strategy.

After trying a cavalcade of different characters including Olivia (mayhaps she could've lived a hit from an axe cav), Young-Tiki (once Camus was gone, she seemed like the solution), Priscilla (back before I knew the cavs rocked Goad/Ward Cavalry, I figured Panic might have some utility), an unnamed unit that I recently acquired from the Bride's banner (in case anyone at all is interested in my pulls (:P:), I'll avoid spoiling their identity), Hector (mayhaps tanking Camus' assault is the best approach), and even Sully (for an extra draw back user), I ended up using my arena team for this current season and somehow that worked.

Before I get into the unit description, Nota Bene: this strategy is highly dependent on the natures of my specific units in a way that hasn't 100% been the case previously (though +Spd Klein in Xander's map comes to mind...).  I haven't read the thread yet, but I'm sure there are significantly more flexible strategies that can be used as a template.  With that being said, I used the following units:

• 5* Ike (+Spd, -HP) w/ Speed +1 seal - +Spd ended up being crucial for this team, as Neutral Spd Ike, even with Speed +1, only hits 32 speed.  This is not enough to avoid being doubled by a Goad Cavalry-boosted Camus and koed on turn 1 (which was Young-Tiki's undoing).  -HP made that first turn survival a little tighter, but I don't want to crunch the math to it if -Res/-Def would been better in this situation.  Anyway, he was originally here to handle the axes/maybe check the red tome.
  • 5* Sharena (Neutral) - I forgot to re-equip the Fortify Res seal on her after the insanity that was team-building; although this would have slightly simplified positioning on the first turn, it didn't end up making much of a difference.  In theory, Sharena was supposed to serve as a buff-bot for the Heroes community's beloved cinnamon roll, but she ended up sticking with Ike the entire battle.  She still managed to contribute to arguably the second-most clutch maneuver of the battle, so that's something.
  • 5* Nino (+Atk, -Res) w/ Attack +1 seal - My initial plan was to nuke Camus on turn 1 with this dear, but even if she was boosted to +13 by Sharena's buff cocktail, she wouldn't have been able to one round him thanks to those pesky ward cavalry boosts.  I also lacked the resources/team composition flexibility to get her the 42 speed she would've needed to double the sucker (+Spd would've made things easier, but I still lacked a viable source of additional speed aside from maybe Seliph, which just sounds like a bad idea all around).  Regardless, +Atk ended up coming in clutch, as you will see momentarily.
  • 5* Azura (+HP, -Atk) w/ Spur Def 1 seal - Azura was probably the most replaceable cog in this great machine, as she was here only to dance/potentially handle the red tome if things got out of hand (which wasn't necessary)/pass a Res boost to Nino (this ended up being important on Ike instead, but had I properly outfitted Sharena in the first place, Olivia's Hone Atk would have worked instead).

Initial positioning actually mattered for this one, so I had them spawn in with the following order (from L -> R): Sharena, Ike, Azura, Nino.

On Turn 1, Ike went up two spaces into the attacking range of Camus + the healer.  Sharena also moved up two spaces and Rally Attacked Ike.  Nino headed up a space to better situated herself.  Azura shifted below the tree, sang for Nino, and Nino finally moved below Ike, leaving them in the following formation:

Spoiler

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_18f.thumb.jpg.1e4c9cd5e75b8dd1a8becb370991c136.jpg

It is also worth noting at this point that Ike has +4 Atk (from Sharena's rally),+4 Def (from Sharena's Fortify Def 3), and +4 Res (from Azura's Fortify Res 3), as this will be essential for what comes next.

During the enemy phase, Camus attacked Ike for 26 damage (which would've been 30 without Sharena's fortify) and took 13 damage in return, leaving Camus at 45 hp and Ike at 13 hp.  Following that, the healer attacked Ike for 11 damage (which would've been 13 damage and death without Azura's fortify) and Ike got her down to 1 hp (thanks to Miracle) while healing up to 6 hp.  Obviously Ike's survival was far tighter than it might initially appear.  The other units all piled into the clown car until we had the following arrangement:

Spoiler

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_190.thumb.jpg.3747103da2ea7904793f9fcba947f297.jpg

As Turn 2 finally dawned, Nino finally had her chance for revenge: thanks to Azura's Fortify Res buff, she was able to 47 damage to Camus and ko him.  Even without the Ward Cavalries in effect, this was still incredibly tight, as Camus had 45 hp at the time, so only +Atk Nino could have gotten that kill.  You might at this point be saying, "Hey Soulless, a simple Sharena buff would've gotten even neutral Atk Nino there - stop being melodramatic, ya doofus!".  I once thought the same thing, but Sharena has a far greater role to play, as you will see in a moment.  Anyway, Ike took the opportunity to take out the pesky healer.  Azura, doing what she does best, hooked Ike up with an extra action this turn.  Ike is not usually one to wast chances like this, so he moved up a space and took out the red mage, eliminating another headache before it even began.

It was at this point that the true deviousness of this particular challenge became clear - on a previous attempt, I had thoughtlessly buffed Nino with Sharena, expecting that my problems would be over once the red mage was gone, as Ike can totally handle those axe pansies.  Little did I know that I had sealed my own doom, as on enemy phase, one of the axe cavaliers took advantage of Pass, snuck by Ike, and obliterated poor Azura before I knew what was happening.  On a side note, I kinda wish I was typing this out in Latin instead, because easily distinguishing between the past and the slightly more distant past would have been easier with perfect and pluperfect tense (though it's not like my tenses are particularly consistent to begin with).  Hopefully italics gets the point across.

Needless to say, I didn't want that embarrassment happening again, so in the present timeline I plopped Sharena into a spot right behind Ike to circumvent those shenanigans and gave him a rally for good measure.  On enemy phase, one of the axe cavaliers (it doesn't really matter which one) attacked Ike for a measly 4 damage before catching hands from a very grouchy sword lord (who also procced Aether and healed back up to 26 hp).  I'm not going to squander my valuable attachment space to show you the ending position, but it was basically one lone axe cavalier against the world.

On Turn 3, the axe cavalier lost his battle against the world, and the battle was over.

So as I implied earlier, I found this Grand Hero Battle to be significantly more challenging than the last couple of battles.  I'm not sure it is quite on par with Ursula's or Michalis', but I like this direction for them.  As per usual, congrats to those who have already beaten it (likely in a far more elegant manner than I), and best of luck to those who still are working away at this conundrum :):

Ah, this one gave me some trouble...didn't have the patience to raise up some free units to level 40...so, my stubbornness made it take quite a few tries, but I managed to work something out~ I used Lyn (+SPD, -HP | +ATK seal), Hector (+DEF, -HP), Azura (+ATK, -HP | +HP seal and is sporting WoM), and Est (Neutral). I should also note I had Lyn have Galeforce, since this would allow her the ability to take down the last 3 units on the last turn (2 on her own, 1 with Azura's singing).

Spent the first three turns getting Est into the first red tile on the left (in the mountains). Hector below where Camus would come down, Lyn to the left, and Azura between them.

The Troubadour attacks Est for minimal damage.

Hector moves up a space to attack Camus. Azura sings to Hector. Hector attacks again to take Camus out. Lyn comes in to take the Troubadour down to 1 HP.

One of the Green Axe Cavaliers attacks Lyn, and winds up getting wiped out.

Lyn, who has Galeforce equipped, deletes the Troubador (with Est's help...I think? I thought Est would delete him, but she didn't...regardless, Lyn took care of it). Lyn then wipes out the second Green Axe Cavalier. Azura sings to Lyn (reaching her because of WoM), so Lyn can take out the Red Mage Cavalier. Map won; 4* Camus obtained.

A question for all of those using Reinhardt to kill Camus. How do you do it? My friend has a -res +hp one with hone cavalry on and atk sacred seal and attack +3 in slot A and still he can not kill Camus (in fact Reinhardt suicides). 

3 minutes ago, Thalyon said:

A question for all of those using Reinhardt to kill Camus. How do you do it? My friend has a -res +hp one with hone cavalry on and atk sacred seal and attack +3 in slot A and still he can not kill Camus (in fact Reinhardt suicides). 

Reinhardt only kills Camus after you lure him out. Otherwise the Ward/Goad Cavalry the other units have will prevent him from getting killed by Reinhardt.

Well, I kinda Out-Horse-Emblem'ed Camus and his entourage with my Blade!Cecilia, Hone-Cav!Clarine, Fort-Cav!Sully and Olivia: the key was that I could make Cecilia delete Camus from the spot between the forests on the Bridge, have Olivia refresh her back into a Buff Formation with the others from the Southernmost of said woods and both would end up that turn safe from anyone at assault reach.

After that, all I had to do was to pick apart whoever strayed away from the Circle-Ralliers (Which, in my case, the order ended up being Troubadour, Red Mage Cav, and then Each Axe Cavalier).

Completed with Hector, Reinhardt, Azura, and Ike. On the first turn, I had Hector tank an axe cav and Camus, and I positioned Ike on the tree in the middle. The axe cav dies, and Camus lives. The healer comes down in front of Ike to heal Camus. So, on the second turn, Reinhardt eliminates Camus, and Ike moves off the tree to attack the healer, knocking it down to 1 HP, and Hector finishes it off. I have Azura dance for Hector, and he pivots to the other side of her, to safety. The red mage cav attacks Reinhardt. On the third turn, I have Ike finish off the mage cav, and then I have Azura dance for him. Ike moves to tank the remaining axe cav, and he makes short work of it.

Finally, Camus is here, and my Horse Emblem team can now be completed!

What I used:

5* Xander (QR2; can go without it)

5* +Atk/-Spd Reinhardt (has DB2 and Atk +1 seal)

5* +Atk/-Def Hector

4* +1 Olivia (has Fortify Res 1 seal; can probably go without it)

Positioned Atk/Res-boosted Hector at one of the 2 chokepoints (I put him at the left chokepoint with Olivia at his right in the trees and Xander at his left to boost Hector via Spur Def 3). Reinhardt is parked south and adjacent of Olivia. 1 axe cavalier suicides into Hector. Camus gets drawn over and hurts himself on Hector. Troubadour warps over to heal Camus (Camus w/ 46 HP remaining).

On the next turn, Reinhardt finishes off Camus, allowing Xander to charge in and attack the red mage cavalier. Olivia steps out of the woods to dance for Xander, allowing Xander to finish off the red mage cavalier. Hector OHKOs the troubadour. Afterwards, the remaining axe cavalier suicides into Xander (QR2 allows Xander to 1RKO the axe cavalier on the counterattack; not having it just makes it so that Xander has to go an extra round against the axe cavalier).

Edited by Roflolxp54

11 minutes ago, Thalyon said:

I remember my neutral Atk Reinhardt with DB3, Hone Cavalry, and Atk +1 seal just barely ORKOs Camus while he has all of his buffs on him. If you're doing this without DB3, you'll have to do something to get rid of one of the other cavs with a Ward buff.

To be honest, this map was really easy for me. I had a Marth, Hinoka, Spring Festival Camilla and a Gordin (All 5* and preferred units of their weapon type). Camilla just absolutely recked Camus without taking much damage at all, and the rest went even easier.

Here's Brotel's 3* free strat featuring Narcian, Olivia, Palla, and Lloyd (also added on OP).

nstyler also brought up a few 4* strats.

Edited by Roflolxp54