New info on FE Warriors

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Thane said:

Yeah, there's no way Ike, Lyn and Roy aren't on the way in one form or another. Gotta milk those sweet sweet polls.

Like I've said earlier, I do not think Ike, Lyn, Roy, etc. were 100% guaranteed to be in at base, but once the core is ready and they move on to DLC or a sequel, they're practically guaranteed. If they do show up at base, that's fine, we still know very little about it to judge one way or another, but I'm not expecting them.

1 minute ago, Person with good opinions said:

Really, they should just be honest and say they want the sweet modern FE cash instead of coming up with that explanation about avoiding excess sword wielders. As if there aren't tons of characters across all games that don't use swords, or as if there's some rule that if you include a game, the Lord MUST be included as well. If anything, focusing on Fates and Awakening leads to the biggest excess of sword units, as they have the highest amount of important characters who use swords. Chrom, Robin, Lucina, Corrin, Xander, and Ryoma.

I know, follow the money, but I'd be more inclined to respect it if they were simply honest about it rather than making up such a transparent excuse.

Don't forget that the two new lords are using swords.

Honestly I'm running out of reasons to purchase a Switch, if FEW had a good roster I would've been on that ASAP.  I just hope Mario Odyssey is good.  I also want to hope FE Switch will be good but I can't make assumptions when we know absolutely nothing and won't for a good while.

3 minutes ago, Thane said:

Yeah, there's no way Ike, Lyn and Roy aren't on the way in one form or another. Gotta milk those sweet sweet polls.

It's a monetarily "smart" decision, but that seems to be the only thing IS cares about the most-- thought they'd learn from TMS, but they seem to have taken home different lessons. It's LCD appeal all over again.

1 minute ago, Refa said:

Maybe I'm interpreting nuance where there isn't any, but the translated quote did say "generally".  It might be fair to assume that they could be in.

It's just PR speak-- I'd be shocked if it didn't hold entirely true.

This semi disappoints me. Like I love the Archanean series, and that includes Awakening too but only them is a bit eh... And also Fates too is just eh.

I know it is probably unlikely, but I do hope they add at least Alm and Celica since they are the latest FE lords (Despite being a remake). Them being in the game would make me more interested TBH.

(But then again I may not even get the game since I don't have a New 3DS/2DS or a Switch)

EDIT: Also, if they locked characters from other games behind DLC, this would definitely be a pass for me.

Edited by Azz

The reason all the protagonists from the Fire Emblem games are not being included is because if they did that, everyone would be using a sword.

And then they make two new sword characters anyway.

I think the only redeeming news in the SD+3DS limited roster is that a sequel would maybe maybe focus on the other -- let's be real here, better -- casts in the series.

Still gonna buy because dumb.

1 minute ago, The DanMan said:

It's a monetarily "smart" decision, but that seems to be the only thing IS cares about the most-- thought they'd learn from TMS, but they seem to have taken home different lessons. It's LCD appeal all over again.

Agreed, it's very surprising to me. Of all the complaints of that game aside from the people who didn't like the setting, the one I've seen the most is the limited pool of Fire Emblem games used.

2 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

It's just PR speak-- I'd be shocked if it didn't hold entirely true.

While I agree, I can also see them throwing in Ike, though I very much doubt it. He'd be a key DLC selling point.

25 minutes ago, Sayyyaka said:

From that source:

• Marth is voiced by Hikaru Midorikawa. Chrom is voiced by Tomokazu Sugita.
  • There are two more original characters: Darios (voiced by Takuya Satou) and Yuana (voiced by Yuka Nagayoshi).
  • Development is currently 70 percent complete.
  • The project was in planning before Famitsu’s collaboration Musou title survey.
  • The first thing that was decided was “to do a Musou game that Fire Emblem fans would enjoy.”
  • The weapon triangle, high strategy elements, and classes that are mainstay in the Fire Emblem series are in.
  • The reason all the protagonists from the Fire Emblem games are not being included is because if they did that, everyone would be using a sword.
  • You can switch characters while playing, so you’ll be able to control various weapons and classes of characters.
  • The number of playable characters is more than the first entry of any other Musou series collaboration.
  • Archers and magic users will be playable.
  • While Koei Tecmo can’t share details on the world yet, there is a “Shield of Fire” in this world that has tuned up from beyond space and time.
  • Units that ride a horse, such as the Cavalier, always fight on horse. They’re designed to have high mobility.
  • “Bond Conversations” are being prepared as support conversations. There is a huge amount of text, including serious conversations and goofy conversations.
  • Read more at http://gematsu.com/2017/05/fire-emblem-warriors-adds-twin-original-protagonists-marth-chrom#SPFehkU4tQ3xtCcP.99

So, it seems horse unit characters are indeed going to be treated like Epona was in Hyrule Warriors: The moveset will be unique and take the horse into account instead of being generic. Good! Epona is probably the best way they've designed a mounted moveset.

Also, from the "Archers and Magic Users will be playable" bit, I'm going to guess we might get Robin, Tharja, Takumi, and Leo at the very least, possibly more of them.

As for the dual protagonists, this sounds like a way to add a customizable Hero the player can slip into while having both genders important. I'm willing to guess that the twins will be customizable into a great deal of standard Fire Emblem Classes (but that the others won't).

Well, that just confirmed my greatest worry about the game.  They do so well with DQ Heroes sans the lack of DQII characters, so I did have some hope, but come on.  (I excuse the lack of I, III, IX and X because I had only the Hero, III and IX used faceless goons for a party, and X is a MMO).  

Guess I can hold off on a Switch longer than I thought.  This killed most of my interest, since I honestly don't care about most characters from these games and the only ones I DO care about who have much of a shot are Leo and Takumi.  

Oh, something I didn't catch the first time around, but the number of playable characters will be larger than any other first Musou entry, which is rather amibtious for a spinoff.

1 minute ago, Folt said:

Oh, something I didn't catch the first time around, but the number of playable characters will be larger than any other first Musou entry, which is rather amibtious for a spinoff.

And yet, they didn't care for cast diversity.

Ah well, at least I know for sure my pegasus is in.

14 minutes ago, Folt said:

The number of playable characters is more than the first entry of any other Musou series collaboration.

Didn't Arslan have like 30 characters? 

*roster prediction intensifies* 

Just now, BlizzardWolf95 said:

Didn't Arslan have like 30 characters? 

*roster prediction intensifies* 

13 or 15 playables I think, each able to use different movesets. This one will likely have more than that, and if the twins can use movesets based on all the usual Fire Emblem classes... well, I can see why they didn't take from more games in the series.

1 hour ago, Sayyyaka said:

Yawn.

Screenshot_20170530-070506.jpg

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

*losing horns from The Price is Right play*

Welp.  There goes what little hope I had of Pugi-ing my enemies to death.

The least you could've done was include Elibe characters to appease more of the angry old veterans, but no.  Are the Archanea games and Fates just the most popular in Japan or something?

Anyway, as for the Lords, they look okay (I don't think we've ever had a blonde male lord), but I wish they would give one of them a non-Sword weapon, since, after all, they don't want too many Sword users.

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

That's a huge canonball destroying my interest in the game.

The reason all the protagonists from the Fire Emblem games are not being included is because if they did that, everyone would be using a sword.

That's official, IS love kicking Micaiah

Edited by Sartek

Jugdrall, and Valentia all exist in FE 3's and 13's worlds, why can't we have those?

I'm finding this to be just pandering by having characters from Fates

Of course this drops when I'm sleeping and about to go to work on the morning it gets shown. 

I'll post my thoughts after work.

Man, quite the reactions. And here I am, lamenting chances are I won't be able to play it once it comes out. Since I don't even have a Switch nor the chance to get one soon.

Still, nice to see we got more info. Doesn't diminish my interest in the game, at all.

14 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Anyway, as for the Lords, they look okay (I don't think we've ever had a blonde male lord), but I wish they would give one of them a non-Sword weapon, since, after all, they don't want too many Sword users.

I hope this becomes a meme. Don't know in what form, but I expect even the new fans will find reason to laugh at this.

8 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I hope this becomes a meme. Don't know in what form, but I expect even the new fans will find reason to laugh at this.

"7.8/10, too many swords"  -IGN

Actually, I think I could get behind that...