New info on FE Warriors

Just now, Quintessence said:

No, I was referring to TMS. As an RPG with a different setting there wasn't room for a bunch of characters, that's what I'm addressing.

Also, terribly sorry for skipping 4 pages of posts, I'll go read them!

Yeah, someone caught me up with that, but I was dubious myself, so I had to ask. But I'll still hold my L there

You really didn't miss that much in those 4 pages, mang

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Way to be a smartass. Of course I'm not "plenty" I was just using myself as an example. But I've seen people say that they generally don't like Awakening's or Fates's casts. I can't quote them directly since it was some time ago, but I've seen it.

Which just furthers my point. There are more of you, but probably not as many as to actually make a dent on sales, especially because what this game is shaping up to be a far more attractive venture than TMS (and I liked that game), one of which we're certainly going to get a significantly bigger roster of playables, using a cast of characters that are more popular generally than the cast from any of the other FEs.

Also, to cover another point in one of your previous posts that I might have missed, only having one favorite to play as can be as much of a blessing as a perceived curse. I only bought Hyrule Warriors for Ganondorf and ended up actually genuinely enjoying the rest of the cast, even characters I despised.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Only mostly applies to Roy though. Ike has plenty of fans within the FE fandom (even though he did gain more fans from Smash) and Lyn isn't even playable in Smash. Blazing Sword gets plenty of love as a game and so does she as a character as far as I've seen.

Even an assist trophy can boost popularity. And, again, you're forgetting the casuals who voted for Ike because he fights for his friends and gives no sympathy (not to mention people who stink at the game think he's great cause he hits like a truck and looks cool). Face it, his game sold terribly and it is hard to acquire retrospectively. Ike is probably more popular as a Smash character than a Fire Emblem character..

I am disappointed by the news about the roster, but honestly not too surprised. I expected those three games to be the focus, at least. I'll be pretty happy as long as Caeda is playable, though, and bonus points if we get Tiki too.

I never thought I'd say this, but hopefully we'll get plenty of DLC. If nothing else, I expect Ike's chances of being added are about 100%.

The main reason I play warriors games is just to let out rage, (Which is what I'm having over Duma's tower from Echoes) so I'm down.

Edited by Tuvy2

1 minute ago, Folt said:

Which just furthers my point. There are more of you, but probably not as many as to actually make a dent on sales, especially because what this game is shaping up to be a far more attractive venture than TMS (and I liked that game), one of which we're certainly going to get a significantly bigger roster of playables, using a cast of characters that are more popular generally than the cast from any of the other FEs.

Also, to cover another point in one of your previous posts that I might have missed, only having one favorite to play as can be as much of a blessing as a perceived curse. I only bought Hyrule Warriors for Ganondorf and ended up actually genuinely enjoying the rest of the cast, even characters I despised.

I still had a hard time playing Agitha.

I still think the amount of people who completely hate the cast of Awakening is generally smaller than forums would lead us to believe.

Well this is disappointing but not unexpected, since I like the casts I'm still going to buy it but I can understand if people had their hype disminished. The new OC characters look really good though, I always wanted a super saiyan in Fire Emblem, also the thigh game is too strong in the female.

I guess there's still hope for the popular characters to be added as DLC, and knowing Koei Tecmo, they probably will.

Well, more chances for Minerva to appear!

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

Even an assist trophy can boost popularity. And, again, you're forgetting the casuals who voted for Ike because he fights for his friends and gives no sympathy (not to mention people who stink at the game think he's great cause he hits like a truck and looks cool). Face it, his game sold terribly and it is hard to acquire retrospectively. Ike is probably more popular as a Smash character than a Fire Emblem character..

Wow, way to assume things about Ike's fans and voters. You can't speak for everyone who voted for him.

And let me point you to the Famitsu poll. Literally the most common reason people gave for voting for him was that he stands out as a character and is unique. Nothing to do with Smash or his stats.

Also, bad sales doesn't mean people who played them didn't like him or his games. Both PoR and RD generally got good reviews and ratings. PoR's average score is 85/100 from what I've seen and RD's is 75-80/100.

The games might have sold poorly, but they were generally liked and praised by those who did play them. I know much more about Tellius and Ike than you do since I researched the games a lot due to playing and liking them, so debating about them with me is a losing battle for you.

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Way to be a smartass. Of course I'm not "plenty" I was just using myself as an example. But I've seen people say that they generally don't like Awakening's or Fates's casts. I can't quote them directly since it was some time ago, but I've seen it.

If Ike, Lyn, and other older characters still ranked really high, I would.

@Tolvir Show them a picture of Ike or Roy and maybe Lyn and they'd probably recognize them as FE characters too.

You can thank Smash for that. Tellius was one of the worst selling in the series. You may know of all Tellius' characters, as do I, but average gamer 423 doesnt, and Koei wants to make the most bang for their buck. Which are they going to advertise to, the Fire Emblem community who will likely buy the game regardless, or the gaming market as a whole? Which is going to bring in the most customers? Using Tellius as the poster child for Warriors wont do that for them, but Shadow Dragon, Fates, and Awakening will. Why? Because they are the most popular. They sold the most and came out within the last 5 years, meaning they have relevance in the market. People are still buying copies of Fire Emblem Fates. They are still gaining a profit off of that game, but not so much from Tellius. If you are lucky enough to find a copy, none of that goes to Nintendo, because you likely found it on Ebay, a thrift store somewhere, or in the forgotten corners of Gamestop.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Only mostly applies to Roy though. Ike has plenty of fans within the FE fandom (even though he did gain more fans from Smash) and Lyn isn't even playable in Smash. Blazing Sword gets plenty of love as a game and so does she as a character as far as I've seen.

Also, another thing about the Heroes poll, I doubt every Smash player that liked Ike voted in that poll. Why would they if they like Smash, but aren't into FE?

I like Falco, but Star Fox is not my kind of game. You can like a character but not the series said character is from.

Well obviously Smash players who don't play FE wouldn't vote for Ike,but Smash players who do play FE would more than likely vote Ike if they liked him.

Also, can we stop relying on the Heroes pole. It's not a very good medium to garner info from considering Ike, Marth and Robin are on there twice for no reason.

I'm not miffed about the roster choice, all it does is makes that one character I really want have a slightly better chance. Still slim considering she's a second gen unit though. Doesn't change that I was interested from the get go and I have a pool of favorites between the three games.

10 minutes ago, Soledai said:

Yeah, someone caught me up with that, but I was dubious myself, so I had to ask. But I'll still hold my L there

You really didn't miss that much in those 4 pages, mang

lol that's what I'm observing.

I just take it as the natural whiny nature of fans; back in the days Blazing Shadows banner was released on FEH people said WTF 6Ā NEW ELIBE CHARACTERS!? AAND 2 CONSECUTIVE ELIBE BOSSES ON GHB (NARCIAN AND URSULA)! WE HAVE TOO MUCH ELIBE

It is delightful!

Anyways, among the new characters I like Darios over the twins, but of the twins I prefer the female one!

Edited by Quintessence

4 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I still think the amount of people who completely hate the cast of Awakening is generally smaller than forums would lead us to believe.

Have to agree here. I think it's not that people hate Awakening characters but rather people are embittered that the other games haven't been allowed the same chance to shine leading to resentment

1 minute ago, Tolvir said:

You can thank Smash for that. Tellius was one of the worst selling in the series. You may know of all Tellius' characters, as do I, but average gamer 423 doesnt, and Koei wants to make the most bang for their buck. Which are they going to advertise to, the Fire Emblem community who will likely buy the game regardless, or the gaming market as a whole? Which is going to bring in the most customers? Using Tellius as the poster child for Warriors wont do that for them, but Shadow Dragon, Fates, and Awakening will. Why? Because they are the most popular. They sold the most and came out within the last 5 years, meaning they have relevance in the market. People are still buying copies of Fire Emblem Fates. They are still gaining a profit off of that game, but not so much from Tellius. If you are lucky enough to find a copy, none of that goes to Nintendo, because you likely found it on Ebay, a thrift store somewhere, or in the forgotten corners of Gamestop.

Who said anything about making Tellius the poster child for the game? All I'm saying is that Ike deserves to be in. I'm not saying anything about other Tellius characters.

The average gamer probably recognizes Ike at this point and the average FE fan probably likes him. Which means having Ike in the base game wouldn't harm sales at all, but should actually add more sales.

Also, don't blame Tellius for having poor marketing and a poor release. Blame IS for that. Tellius wasn't even printed as much as the 3DS games were, nor were they marketed as much. It wasn't ever possible for IS to keep profiting off them more. People aren't buying Tellius because they don't think it's good, they're not buying it because it's not fucking available.

Of course Fates and Awakening should be the front runners, I'm not contesting that. All I'm saying is that it makes just as much sense to have Ike in the base game too.

1 minute ago, Tuvy2 said:

The main reason I play warriors games is just to let out rage, so I'm down.

Ah yes, beating up characters you don't like in Warriors games is a cathartic feeling.

Just now, Arthur97 said:

Heheh. I struggled with her too, but then I found out how to play her and something just clicked. She's probably my fourth favorite Light user after Toon Link, Link, and Toon Zelda.

But indeed, I do not think there's many FE fans who actually completely hates the whole cast of Awakening (or even Fates for that matter).

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Wow, way to assume things about Ike's fans and voters. You can't speak for everyone who voted for him.

And let me point you to the Famitsu poll. Literally the most common reason people gave for voting for him was that he stands out as a character and is unique. Nothing to do with Smash or his stats.

Also, bad sales doesn't mean people who played them didn't like him or his games. Both PoR and RD generally got good reviews and ratings. PoR's average score is 85/100 from what I've seen and RD's is 75-80/100.

The games might have sold poorly, but they were generally liked and praised by those who did play them. I know much more about Tellius and Ike than you do since I researched the games a lot due to playing and liking them, so debating about them with me is a losing battle for you.

Given that I would have forgotten about him if not for Smash, and another thing not helping your cause is that a majority of western FE fans probably got into Fire Emblem as a result of Smash, so saying that Smash means literally nothing is... kinda suspect.

Also, if a game sold bad, yet have positive opinions on it, doesn't that seem more in line withĀ what people wouldĀ call a "cult classic"?

Just now, Raguna said:

Have to agree here. I think it's not that people hate Awakening characters but rather people are embittered that the other games haven't been allowed the same chance to shine leading to resentment

Indeed. Hate and rage can be powerful feelings.

Who said anything about making Tellius the poster child for the game? All I'm saying is that Ike deserves to be in. I'm not saying anything about other Tellius characters.

The average gamer probably recognizes Ike at this point and the average FE fan probably likes him. Which means having Ike in the base game wouldn't harm sales at all, but should actually add more sales.

Also, don't blame Tellius for having poor marketing and a poor release. Blame IS for that. Tellius wasn't even printed as much as the 3DS games were, nor were they marketed as much. It wasn't ever possible for IS to keep profiting off them more. People aren't buying Tellius because they don't think it's good, they're not buying it because it's not fucking available.

Of course Fates and Awakening should be the front runners, I'm not contesting that. All I'm saying is that it makes just as much sense to have Ike in the base game too.

Ok, you are freaking out over nothing then. They said MOSTLY Fates Awakening Shadow Dragon. Mostly. As in most of the cast, but not all. As I have said before, I can name about 6 characters who have a good chance of making it in base game. Ike and Roy for Smash. Alm and Celica for SoV releasing this year. And Lyn and possibly Hector (little iffy) for placing so high on the popularity poll, and being very popular in general. Considering its also a translation meaning a lot can be lost inbetween, there could be more. Calm down a bit, Ike is all but a shoe in for base game, if not base then DLC is all but confirmed for him. No way they are leaving out their Smash reps.

Edited by Tolvir

4 minutes ago, Folt said:

Given that I would have forgotten about him if not for Smash, and another thing not helping your cause is that a majority of western FE fans probably got into Fire Emblem as a result of Smash, so saying that Smash means literally nothing is... kinda suspect.

Of course you'd forget about Ike, you probably haven't played his games. It's natural to forget about a character you don't know much about like that.

I forget about Lucina and Chrom because I haven't touched Awakening in forever.

I forget about Alm and Celica because I haven't played their game and Echoes doesn't interest me all that much.

And you know what? Those people who got into FE because of Smash all asked "are Marth and Roy in this game?" Where do you think the famous question came from? Now, I'm sure people ask "is Ike in this game?" too.

Edited by Anacybele

Thinking about it, in a more serious note, I've been suspecting that they want to showcase Shadow Dragon, Awakening and Fates characters more in order to alleviate the hate they receive by showing them in a newer light. For instance, that happened to me with TMS: I actually am not a fan of these titles but playing the game and playing Heroes have made me be fond of some of them and I've seen their appeal in a different perspective.

2 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Ok, you are freaking out over nothing then. They said MOSTLY Fates Awakening Shadow Dragon. Mostly. As in most of the cast, but not all. As I have said before, I can name about 6 characters who have a good chance of making it in base game. Ike and Roy for Smash. Alm and Celica for SoV releasing this year. And Lyn and possibly Hector (little iffy) for placing so high on the popularity poll, and being very popular in general. Considering its also a translation meaning a lot can be lost inbetween, there could be more. Calm down a bit, Ike is all but a shoe in for base game, if not base then DLC is all but confirmed for him. No way they are leaving out their Smash reps.

Maybe I am overreacting a little, yeah. I'll try to tone it down a bit.

But for now, I'm glad I didn't preorder this.

Actually, yes, bad sales would hinder his popularity since it would mean that most people never even heard of him until Brawl. Speaking of, you can't say that he did not get a lot of Smash votes. You're in denial, but the simple fact is: his games were not popular. Face it, he's a memelord (can that be a DLC class in Fire Emblem Switch?)Ā and that gets you a lot of popularity, especially for people who needed votes to round out their voting.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And you know what? Those people who got into FE because of Smash all asked "are Marth and Roy in this game?" Where do you think the famous question came from? Now, I'm sure people ask "is Ike in this game?" too.

You kind of just confirmed my point that Smash is important.

2 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Thinking about it, in a more serious note, I've been suspecting that they want to showcase Shadow Dragon, Awakening and Fates characters more in order to alleviate the hate they receive by showing them in a newer light. For instance, that happened to me with TMS: I actually am not a fan of these titles but playing the game and playing Heroes have made me be fond of some of them and I've seen their appeal in a different perspective.

Well, it seems to be having the opposite effect.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Of course you'd forget about Ike, you haven't played his games. It's natural to forget about a character you don't know much about like that.

I forget about Lucina and Chrom because I haven't touched Awakening in forever.

I forget about Alm and Celica because I haven't played their game and Echoes doesn't interest me all that much.

You sure remembered Frederick though, which by proxy means you're still familiar with it to a point.

And I have indeed not played his games. Smash however keeps him fresh in my mind, and if you can wrap your head around that, you can probably wrap your head around why Ike got asĀ many votes as he did.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Maybe I am overreacting a little, yeah. I'll try to tone it down a bit.

But for now, I'm glad I didn't preorder this.

Give it till E3. They will probably have it headlining E3 alongside Mario and Smash considering Warriors is one of the larger Switch titles this year with Zelda already released. You will probably have a ton of gameplay and confirmed characters to pour through to make a decision then.

I wasn't expecting news until E3, but sure. The new characters look generic but I wasn't planning on caring much for them in the first place.

As long as the characters chosen have unique and interesting movesets, thenĀ I don't care about which games are represented. If we're using Hyrule Warriors as a precedent, then characters from other games will be added as DLC anyway (and HW's DLC was fairly cheap for the amount of content it has), assuming that Roy/Ike/Lyn/Alm/Celica aren't in the base game to begin with.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

Well, it seems to be having the opposite effect.

The problem is that if we constantly get Ike, Lyn, Hector, Ephraim people will still complain about too much favoritism and pandering older fans.

So many armchairs...

I look at it like this: You've got a working theory on what they roster'll look like, about time. Is it satisfactory? Yes no maybe so, s'fine. But for several peepsĀ I know that are thinking ahead, we can get on with the most important part; gameplay and mechanics(in detail). And trailers of said gameplay, which is more important and valuable than them flapping their proverbial gums.

Edited by Soledai