New info on FE Warriors

1 minute ago, Lord Raymond said:

But that's not true. With Awakening and Fates, Japan still sold only 27% of the entire sales. North America and Europe once again dominate the boards with their sales. And on bigger Nintendo games like Pokemon and Mario, Japan's average gets even lower! yes, I know Japans a smaller country and all, but that still means most of their money is coming from the West. If they want to keep a steady income, they should really focus on what their biggest audience wants. 

Really? Wow, then, yes, they should definitely be paying more attention to the West

1 minute ago, Soledai said:

!

Can't unsee this now, thanks :U

Wait! This could mean we get an Alpha and Omega version of them...!!

Well, Dynasty Warriors 8 had something similar, which was known at Heaven, Earth, and Man affinities;  Heaven > Earth > Man > Heaven

When you attacked someone while having an advantage, it was a damage boost and you couldn't be stunned from their attacks and a disadvantage had you dealing less damage and couldn't stun(barring "strong" attacks). It's been a while, so there's probably more to it than what I've stated.
Sometimes enemy generals switched weapons when they were at a disadvantage, so fighting an enemy general here with multiple weapon access could do something like this.

And since Fits is a part of this, I would prefer if they don't use that "triangle"

That could force you to use multiple characters though so I think it could be interesting.

2 minutes ago, Folt said:

That actually depends on which of the other FE guys that are playable. Marth, the twins, the other OC, Chrom, Corrin, Xander, and Ryoma could be the only sword users we'll actually get if the twins aren't customizable.

But yeah, OCs who you could customize the movesets for should help make us invested in them, if nothing else.

*Cough*Lucina*Cough*

I'll admit, I started playing the Tellius games because I heard of Ike in Smash Bros and I liked him there. I'm sure a bunch of you can relate. But the people who play his games after Smash Bros don't like him for his "memey lines" and "how good he is in Smash Bros". People liked him because he is the protaganist of some of the best FE games, he is a great character with a well-written personality, and he also has great stats in his own game. That is why people like him, not because of "I fight for my friends".

Fair, but most people never played them for one reason or another.

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll admit, I started playing the Tellius games because I heard of Ike in Smash Bros and I liked him there. I'm sure a bunch of you can relate. But the people who play his games after Smash Bros don't like him for his "memey lines" and "how good he is in Smash Bros". People liked him because he is the protaganist of some of the best FE games, he is a great character with a well-written personality, and he also has great stats in his own game. That is why people like him, not because of "I fight for my friends".

Exactly, this is how I came to love Ike! I played his games after enjoying him in Brawl and I fell in love! With his personality, design, and gameplay stats.

"I fight for my friends" and "You'll get no sympathy from me" are cool lines, but definitely not the only thing people like about this guy.

While everyone is talking about how the roster is focused on Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates. I kinda want to bring up Marth's design. I'm somewhat disappointed with it. It's understandable that they would want to go for the Shadow Dragon version, but I just really loved the Mystery of the Emblem version. It's hard to describe why. I guess I'm not a fan of this simple design (not that simple is bad).

I can live with whatever roster because I think the warriors x fe crossover is long overdue. But I can't deny I would've loved a game more likened to WO3 pulling from all the franchises and releases like a clusterf*** mess.

Xander is literally the only fates character I liked and it was because he reminded me of Eldigan (Eltishan) from FE4 lol. I don't mind Chrom among a few others from Awakening. (I would enjoy getting Paris.. lol)

But so far, with the little info we have. It looks like I'll be enjoying the OC the most, especially if they implement a class system for them as well.

Not surprised, and not really dissapointed, either. Realistically, if they were to do mass representation across the series, the entire cast would be lords, with maybe one or two non-lord entries per game at best. To be perfectly honest, as someone who loves Tellius, if I saw it was in the game, but was only represented by, say, Ike, Soren, and Micaiah, I would be very displeased, having been looking forward to a cast of characters I love, and only seeing one character I care about represented in Micaiah. 

So I actually like the more narrow focus. It gives a chance for characters that aren't lords to potentially get a spotlight, where there would be zero chance of that if they were trying to include characters from all across the series. And expecting them to exclude any of these games for another continent would be a silly proposition at best. Still, I'm sure that just like Heroes, the 'WHERE IS IKE?!?!?!?!?!' memes will start up pretty soon...

Just now, Falcom said:

While everyone is talking about how the roster is focused on Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates. I kinda want to bring up Marth's design. I'm somewhat disappointed with it. It's understandable that they would want to go for the Shadow Dragon version, but I just really loved the Mystery of the Emblem version. It's hard to describe why. I guess I'm not a fan of this simple design (not that simple is bad).

oh don't worry, I'm sure that Koei Techmo wants to have SOOOO much fun screwing over old fans that they will have two Marths! Actually, why stop there! Let's have two Chroms as well, one from Tokyo Mirage Sessions! How about two Tharjas, too! Hell, let's just put in the entire roster from TMS#FE! Why not? Aren't the only games that people like Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates?

I'm not surprised that Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates are the only games being featured, seeing as the main weapons from those games were shown off in the first trailer.  As much as I would have liked to have seen characters from Elibe or Magvel get included, I wasn't expecting it to happen, so I'm not too distraught over this announcement.  For now, I'm just going to wait and see which characters actually get included before making any judgements.

Oh yeah, and I forgot to address the person who pointed out that I remembered Frederick despite forgetting about much of Awakening's cast otherwise.

Frederick is obviously my favorite character in this game, and by a good margin too, how could I forget him? To me, he stood out like a sore thumb in a game full of mostly flat one-note characters. I liked Cordelia and not even she stood out to me the way the big cuddly Freddy Bear did. He had the most multi-dimensional character and backstory by far, imo. Between being super doting, reserved, and serious as a knight and retainer, a big softie on the inside with his seeming tendency to tear up and give you a big hug if you greatly please him (why do you think I call him Freddy Bear sometimes, other than due to female Robin having used that nickname?), and more or less a victim of PTSD from a childhood trauma, plus his established fears of wild animals and gamey meat, he's a deepish character. He even develops a little bit in his support with Panne since she helps him deal with his trauma and learn to cope with it more. He's also implied to be afraid of how others in the Shepherds would view him if his fears of wild animals and gamey meat were more widely known. He hides this stuff from them, as he lies about why he doesn't want the bear meat at the beginning of the game.

Oh, and I haven't mentioned his hobbies for campfires, collecting rare mushrooms, and sewing and knitting. There's so much to him!

So yeah, Frederick ended up being very memorable and lovable to me in a game full of mostly boring characters.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Ether said:

Not surprised, and not really dissapointed, either. Realistically, if they were to do mass representation across the series, the entire cast would be lords, with maybe one or two non-lord entries per game at best. To be perfectly honest, as someone who loves Tellius, if I saw it was in the game, but was only represented by, say, Ike, Soren, and Micaiah, I would be very displeased, having been looking forward to a cast of characters I love, and only seeing one character I care about represented in Micaiah. 

So I actually like the more narrow focus. It gives a chance for characters that aren't lords to potentially get a spotlight, where there would be zero chance of that if they were trying to include characters from all across the series. And expecting them to exclude any of these games for another continent would be a silly proposition at best. Still, I'm sure that just like Heroes, the 'WHERE IS IKE?!?!?!?!?!' memes will start up pretty soon...

That's a nice thought. However, your whole "It gives a chance for characters that aren't lords to potentially get a spotlight" is not true at all. If Ike isn't in, then no Tellius characters will be in. If Roy isn't in, no Elibe characters will be in. The only non-Lord characters would be from Awakening and fates, and even then they would be characters just as popular as Lords like -Thotja- Tharja, camilla, and Takumi. 

10 minutes ago, Falcom said:

His other outfits are likely to be costumes. I mean, is classic Link all that different from classic Marth?

Edited by Arthur97

As someone who wasn't going to get the game anyhow(I do not have a Switch or New 3DS and I have no desire to get one), I've been waiting for news on this game to drop, because my best friend is interested. When I woke up this morning, I saw the translated Famitsu page on Discord. First thing I did was come looking for this topic, which I'm glad Emeraldfox took the time to make.

I've seen so much of, "This game doesn't have the reps want, so fuck this game, I'm not even going to give it a chance." I ain't even a fan of the Muosu games and I can tell you that Koei Tecmo is going to shill out DLC for other characters at a later date. It's their Modus Operandi. It's been their Modus Operandi since DLC was a thing. Like I said, I ain't gettin the game, but that's because 1. I lack the systems, 2. I don't want to get the systems, 3. I dislike the warriors games, and 4. I can't afford a Switch or N3DS. Regardless, the game looks good and will inevitably have an expanded roster with other characters.

I also noticed people pointing to the Fire Emblem Heroes poll as if it was some sort of gospel. A single poll does not a scientific study make. You cannot empirically prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that Ike didn't get a popularity boost from Smash Bros. And before you ask, yes, I've played Path of Radiance, I've played Radiant Dawn. Like it or not, believe it or not, it doesn't matter to me, but the fact of the matter is that Smash Brothers boosted Ike's popularity. Heck, Smash Brothers is why the West got Fire Emblem in the first place.

As for comparisons to TMS, think about this. The Wii U is a financial failure. It flopped. It sold poorly. It did poorly. TMS is a Wii U exclusive title and on top of that is a JRPG. Comparing Fire Emblem Muosu to it is comparing Apples to Asparagus. The only thing they have in common is that they're games using the Fire Emblem franchise and have reps from Arachanea. The Warriors series is a different genre entirely from a JRPG, and Fire Emblem Warriors is going to be sold on the Switch and N3DS. Two highly selling systems.

Just now, Lord Raymond said:

That's a nice thought. However, your whole "It gives a chance for characters that aren't lords to potentially get a spotlight" is not true at all. If Ike isn't in, then no Tellius characters will be in. If Roy isn't in, no Elibe characters will be in. The only non-Lord characters would be from Awakening and fates, and even then they would be characters just as popular as Lords like -Thotja- Tharja, camilla, and Takumi. 

I didn't say that the non-Lord characters would be Tellius or Elibe characters, just that they would be non-lords. Either way Mia or Jill aren't getting in, but maybe it'd be nice for someone like Oboro to get a chance to shine instead of a lord like Ephraim, who already got a whole game's worth of spotlight.

13 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

In regards to the 2 lords shown, I dont think they are customizable. Their look seems too detailed to be an avatar. When you look at Corrin and Robin, while they have a unique look, they also have a very generic one with the white hair and neutral expression so that you can customize them to look the way you want. Their armor is also overall mostly generic. No real important details like symbols to make them more unique. They do though, their armor is very unique, and their look is not at all similar to an avatar.

Still, I hope that there is a customization character. I just dont think its those two.

Shion and Lian look really generic, if you ask me.
There's one screen where Shion is holding a lance, so it's possible that they can use different weapons.

So, about those original characters...

Spoiler

Does anyone want to take bets as to when they'll kill off the mother?

Also, not a fan of the dude's hair and the girl's outfit suffers from Monster Hunter syndrome. I do like the aesthetic that their outfits are going for, weirdly large and pointless belts aside, but it just hasn't completely clicked with me yet. I at least like the other original dude shown off, even if I'm thinking he'll die/turn evil at some point.

Edited by Calico

Just now, Ether said:

I didn't say that the non-Lord characters would be Tellius or Elibe characters, just that they would be non-lords. Either way Mia or Jill aren't getting in, but maybe it'd be nice for someone like Oboro to get a chance to shine instead of a lord like Ephraim, who already got a whole game's worth of spotlight.

Problem is, that's still not gonna happen. Only people who have a chance of getting in from Fates are the royals + Azura and Corrin. Awakening is a bit more lax, but its still only going to go to characters like Robin, Chrom, Lucina, and fan favorites like Cordelia and tharja (ugh). 

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh yeah, and I forgot to address the person who pointed out that I remembered Frederick despite forgetting about much of Awakening's cast otherwise.

Frederick is obviously my favorite character in this game, and by a good margin too, how could I forget him? To me, he stood out like a sore thumb in a game full of mostly flat one-note characters. I liked Cordelia and not even she stood out to me the way the big cuddly Freddy Bear did. He had the most multi-dimensional character and backstory by far, imo. Between being super doting as a knight and retainer, a big softie on the inside with his seeming tendency to tear up and give you a big hug if you greatly please him, and more or less a victim of PTSD from a childhood trauma, plus his established fears of wild animals and gamey meat, he's a deepish character. He even develops a little bit in his support with Panne since she helps him deal with his trauma and learn to cope with it more. He's also implied to be afraid of how others in the Shepherds would view him if his fears of wild animals and gamey meat were more widely known. He hides this stuff from them, as he lies about why he doesn't want the bear meat at the beginning of the game.

Oh, and I haven't mentioned his hobbies for campfires, collecting rare mushrooms, and sewing and knitting. There's so much to him!

So yeah, Frederick ended up being very memorable and lovable to me in a game full of mostly boring characters.

And if I bothered, I could probably come up with a ton of reasons as to why I found the other Awakening characters memorable. Yes, all of the Awakening cast in some manner or other stood out to me, and so did most of the Fates cast.

Now, I wouldn't go as far as to say that plenty fans feel the same way, but I would take a guess and say that the majority of Fire Emblem fans, even old fans, have at least two or three (or even four or five) Awakening characters that they actually liked, and even liked a lot like you with Freddybear.

Now, don't take my word as the truth, but whenever I hear about games other than those two, I hear talks of the main characters... and that's pretty much it. Occasionally, I'll hear someone mention people like Tana or Canas or Jill, but every other time, all I hear is Ike this, Lyn that, Hector there, Roy here, and precious little about every other character, as if those characters are the only ones whom exist in the heads of FE fans. The others might as well not even exist! And honestly, if it wasn't for me hearing about them almost all the time, I'd have forgotten them too (except Hector; never Hector) because in almost all situations, the Fire Emblem characters from games other than Awakening and Fates that interest me are characters other than the main characters. Whom I almost never hear about! And I hate it!

2 minutes ago, Lord Raymond said:

Actually, because the roster is confirmed to be larger than usual, we're probably going to see some out-there choices among that cast as well.

Oh yeah, another thing that makes Ike a great choice for this game is how many different outfits he's had! Deciding his alternate costumes should be super easy since between his own games alone he has FOUR looks. Ranger, Lord, Hero, and Vanguard.

He also has his Awakening DLC art (the art itself is poor, but the outfit isn't that bad, imo), and Heroes is about to give him a CYL outfit. For a guy who definitely doesn't care much about clothes, he sure has a lot. lol

@Folt Thing is, since Frederick isn't popular overall and there are good few Awakening characters people like more than him (Chrom, Lucina, Cordelia, Tharja, maybe Donnel too if that Heroes poll says anything), his chances of being in aren't high.

However...if both him and Ryoma are indeed playable, I'll probably be sold on this.

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh yeah, another thing that makes Ike a great choice for this game is how many different outfits he's had! Deciding his alternate costumes should be super easy since between his own games alone he has FOUR looks. Ranger, Lord, Hero, and Vanguard.

He also has his Awakening DLC art (the art itself is poor, but the outfit isn't that bad, imo), and Heroes is about to give him a CYL outfit. For a guy who definitely doesn't care much about clothes, he sure has a lot. lol

@Folt Thing is, since Frederick isn't popular overall and there are good few Awakening characters people like more than him (Chrom, Lucina, Cordelia, Tharja, maybe Donnel too if that Heroes poll says anything), his chances of being in aren't high.

I'd actually peg him as rather likely: a slower horse fighter than usual could make for a potential interesting moveset, and I'm interested as to what kind of weapon they could go with a character who canonically can use the entire weapon triangle. It wouldn't surprise me if they had such a character to be an answer to most things early on, purely due to versatility.

Edited by Folt

Just now, Folt said:

Actually, because the roster is confirmed to be larger than usual, we're probably going to see some out-there choices among that cast as well.

But you need to think for a sec. At least, there's gonna be 5 original character. That leaves 25 more characters. Lets just say 4 are not from those 3 games. That leaves 21. So 7 from each game. Sure, 7 from Shadow Dragon does leave room for some originals, I'll give you that. But for Awakening, Lucina, Chrom, and Robin are all but guaranteed to be in. That leaves 4 slots, and I bet anything that two will be Tharja and Cordelia, who we have already seen enough of. That leaves only 2 for other characters from Awakening. Fates is even worse. Corrin, Xander, and Ryoma are guaranteed. So that's four. Camilla, Takumi, and Azura are very likely to be in it too, so that leaves a measly one character. See how small the roster gets when you break it down?

1 minute ago, Folt said:

I'd actually peg him as rather likely: a slower horse fighter than usual could make for a potential interesting moveset, and I'm interested as to what kind of weapon they could go with a character who canonically can use the entire weapon triangle. It wouldn't surprise me if they had such a character to be an answer to most things early on, purely due to versatility.

True, Frederick is someone that could realistically have a diverse set of weapons to choose from since he could use the entire weapon triangle in Awakening. But since his status seems to be "eh" to people general, as in, they don't like him, but don't really hate him either and in a game where several characters are much more popular, I'm just not getting my hopes up a lot.

Just now, Lord Raymond said:

But you need to think for a sec. At least, there's gonna be 5 original character. That leaves 25 more characters. Lets just say 4 are not from those 3 games. That leaves 21. So 7 from each game. Sure, 7 from Shadow Dragon does leave room for some originals, I'll give you that. But for Awakening, Lucina, Chrom, and Robin are all but guaranteed to be in. That leaves 4 slots, and I bet anything that two will be Tharja and Cordelia, who we have already seen enough of. That leaves only 2 for other characters from Awakening. Fates is even worse. Corrin, Xander, and Ryoma are guaranteed. So that's four. Camilla, Takumi, and Azura are very likely to be in it too, so that leaves a measly one character. See how small the roster gets when you break it down?

I don't actually think we'll see an even roster. Tecmo Koei has nothing against uneven rosters.

19 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

In regards to the 2 lords shown, I dont think they are customizable. Their look seems too detailed to be an avatar. When you look at Corrin and Robin, while they have a unique look, they also have a very generic one with the white hair and neutral expression so that you can customize them to look the way you want. Their armor is also overall mostly generic. No real important details like symbols to make them more unique. They do though, their armor is very unique, and their look is not at all similar to an avatar.

The avatar from New Mystery had a different theme to their design.  The showcased Kris has blue hair and a Marth-like tunic, pants, and boots, and generally looked unique enough.

Also, I think the kind of customization others are thinking of is more along the lines of class changing and using different weapons, as opposed to actual appearance.

15 minutes ago, Lord Raymond said:

Problem is, that's still not gonna happen. Only people who have a chance of getting in from Fates are the royals + Azura and Corrin. Awakening is a bit more lax, but its still only going to go to characters like Robin, Chrom, Lucina, and fan favorites like Cordelia and tharja (ugh). 

I don't agree with this. The roster will most likely be big enough for some more characters than just the Royals. Oboro is also relatively popular, so I think she has a good chance of being in.

15 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

His other outfits are likely to be costumes. I mean, is classic Link all that different from classic Marth?

Oh yeah, I forgot costumes. But honestly I don't think more costumes are necessary, especially for a series like this.

21 minutes ago, Lord Raymond said:

oh don't worry, I'm sure that Koei Techmo wants to have SOOOO much fun screwing over old fans that they will have two Marths! Actually, why stop there! Let's have two Chroms as well, one from Tokyo Mirage Sessions! How about two Tharjas, too! Hell, let's just put in the entire roster from TMS#FE! Why not? Aren't the only games that people like Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates?

You're quoting me for something that I didn't even mention just so you can complain about the roster? Seriously? You didn't even bother reading the first sentence did you?

I never even brought up the idea of alternate costumes. I just merely criticized Marth's design. Stop trying to take that as an excuse to say such a thing. It's annoying and something that I'm not in the mood for dealing with.

Yes, I get that you guys are upset. But this is just ridiculous.

Just now, Falcom said:

Oh yeah, I forgot costumes. But honestly I don't think more costumes are necessary, especially for a series like this.

Never! I just hope it's a bit more even than Hyrule Warriors where it was mostly just Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Sheik, Impa, Lana, and CIa that got real costumes and/or skins.