New info on FE Warriors

2 minutes ago, Lord Raymond said:

I'm not inciting "fuck off Japan". I'm just pissed off that they are apparently calling us "whiny babies" while they have most of the stuff pandered to them.

1 minute ago, Hardin said:

By using characters from Awakening and Fates, they ARE pandering to the west. It might be a hard pill to swallow, but ultimately that's the reality. 

As per Tatsumi Kmishima; 

I literally have someone talking for me that your rage is misdirected.

Their name calling is warranted.

You just proved that.

Edited by shadowofchaos

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hardin has a good point. The only people this game isn't pandering to would be some of the older fans who preferred snes and GBA.

EDIT 1: And to be clear, I'm sure whatever title isn't being pandered will probably get some dlc on it's way.

Edited by Raguna

Looks like IS has fully noticed the skewed perspective that resulted from the English fanbase's first exposure to the franchise proper being FE7 and decided to weed said part of the fanbase out in full force. Can't say I'm terribly surprised about this decision. Well, maybe Alm, Celica, Roy and Ike will get included if (and this is a big "if) IS bother to include amiibo functionality in this game. There's a decent chance that they won't, though, given the Ike is part of that list of four characters. Also, the Binding Shield's five Orbs were depicted with the Archanean Falchion, the Ylissean Falchion, the Yato, the Siegfried and the Raijinto inside of them in the very first trailer. So this game being focused on FE1/11, FE3/12, FE13 and FE14 only isn't terribly surprising even just within the context of Warriors itself.

Personally, I'm just happy to see the Archanean cast get included. Granted, the Valentian cast would have been a nice bonus but them's the breaks.

Also, IS. Please, for the love of all that is good in this world, lets Marth and the male Corrin have access to the FE12 look with the DS Falchion and the Binding Shield included as well as the Nohr Noble armor as alternate costumes. Pls.

Edited by RedEyedDrake

i admit my rage is misdirected. I'm sorry for this. I was already pissed off at the new we are only seeing Awakening, Fates, and SD characters, and then I saw your post that apparently the Japanese are calling us whiny babies. I guess I just wanted someone to vent my rage on. I guess I just really want Intelligent Systems to remember there are still a lot of fans for FE7-10. I don't like the feeling that the fans of these games are going to be swept under the rug or forgotten. I'm just so attached to these games, that the prospect Awakening and fates being the only fire emblem games to be remembered just kills me. I was thrilled at the prospects as playing as my favorite characters from these games, and this news today hit me like a bullet to the gut. Perhaps we do whine a lot, but that's just because we care, perhaps too much. I just don't want to accept the fact that FE7-10 might be forever forgotten, and no one remembers it.

Edited by Lord Raymond

3 minutes ago, Lord Raymond said:

I just don't want to accept the fact that FE7-10 might be forever forgotten, and no one remembers it.

That is one hell of a jump for character inclusion in a crossover game.

4 minutes ago, Lord Raymond said:

I just don't want to accept the fact that FE7-10 might be forever forgotten, and no one remembers it.

If there's one thing I've learned, it's that Awakening itself is the best nod to the other entries. Be honest, did anyone really expect Alm or Seliph to get redesigns in Awakening?

Just now, shadowofchaos said:

That is one hell of a jump for character inclusion in a crossover game.

I know it seems ridiculous, but it matters to me. It is irrational, but I just can't shake the feeling or change how I think. Believe, I WISH I didn't care as much about these games and just like Awakening and Fates like most other FE fans. A part of my brain knows that they won't be forgotten, but another, more irrational part thinks that characters like Ike will in the future be like Captain Falcon; simply mascots, with nothing more behind them. Just an empty husk. 

Edited by Lord Raymond

Unless they turn around and broaden their scope to have representation from more than just three games I'm not getting this. Characters such as Ike, Ephraim, Alm, Ike, Eliwood and the like are an absolute must if I'm going to get this game. From the sound of it the bulk of the cast is taken from Awakening and Fates which if that remains to be the case I have little interest in this game now. The base game should have representation from more than just three games, Hyrule Warriors had better representation for it's series than this.

@Raymond:

Like I said in my previous post, they aren't going to pander to a skewed perspective. If anything, they would obviously prefer to weed such elements out until either said elements actually get weeded out or until said elements take steps to fix their own skewed perspective. Like, you know, expanding the title of "old Fire Emblem games" to include all of the FE4-FE12 games instead of fixating on FE7-FE10, for starters.

Edited by RedEyedDrake

2 minutes ago, SavageVolug said:

Unless they turn around and broaden their scope to have representation from more than just three games I'm not getting this. Characters such as Ike, Ephraim, Alm, Ike, Eliwood and the like are an absolute must if I'm going to get this game. From the sound of it the bulk of the cast is taken from Awakening and Fates which if that remains to be the case I have little interest in this game now. The base game should have representation from more than just three games, Hyrule Warriors had better representation for it's series than this.

Didn't it only represent three games at its base release as well?

Just now, Light Strategist said:

If there's one thing I've learned, it's that Awakening itself is the best nod to the other entries. Be honest, did anyone really expect Alm or Seliph to get redesigns in Awakening?

No, I didn't. I try to tell myself stuff like that, that they won't be forgotten. But I have a fear that we are just one game with bad sales away from IS abandoning ship on all FE characters besides Awakening and Fates ones, because they are by and large the most popular.

Just now, Blade_of_Light said:

Didn't it only represent three games at its base release as well?

yep two characters from Ocarina of Time, 3 from twilight princess, and 2 from skyward sword 

While i am slightly disappointed that the base cast is just Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates, i'm not too disappointed. While a lot of my favorite characters are other games in the series, i still have a lot of favorite characters from the three games listed. Hey man, if Azura is playable (i don't see why she wouldn't be given how big she is in Fates), it's a day one buy for me (it was gonna be a day one buy for me regardless). And as for characters from other games, well, it's a Warriors game. You can't spell Warriors without DLC.

3 minutes ago, Light Strategist said:

Adding to this, thanks to the spotpass characters, Awakening introduced me to a portion of the cast from each game. Really grateful for that.

2 minutes ago, SavageVolug said:

The base game should have representation from more than just three games, Hyrule Warriors had better representation for it's series than this.

Because Zelda kinda had less characters to pull from. The ones in the base game were mostly flagship characters: Link, Zelda, Impa, Shiek, Ganondorf. And then of course, some other characters, including OCs. And even after that, there was DLC.

28 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

The burden of proof is on you, you know.

Regardless I'll assume you'd do so anyway.

Assuming that, why are you speaking for North America again?

The thread is clearly divided. So even then the 70% of sales opinions is not even known. The vocal ones are the minority.

Point about the "whiny babies" thing.

After localization shitstorm and #torrential downpour: The reputation is kind of warranted.

You are literally inciting "fuck off Japan" when all they pretty much say is: Take a chill pill America.

North Amercia? I pretty much agree otherwise, just not quite sure where that came from. 

The Japanese think we're whiny babies for believing that stuff like skinship and drugging someone is fricken weird and creepy? Way to respect our culture and beliefs... >_>

Also, the difference between Hyrule Warriors and FE Warriors right now is that Hyrule Warriors got content for many games in the Zelda series, including the DLC. FE Warriors is looking like it won't go anywhere outside three games, even in DLC. And that would hurt it a lot.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Adding to this, thanks to the spotpass characters, Awakening introduced me to a portion of the cast from each game. Really grateful for that.

Because Zelda kinda had less characters to pull from. The ones in the base game were mostly flagship characters: Link, Zelda, Impa, Shiek, Ganondorf. And then of course, some other characters, including OCs. And even after that, there was DLC.

Ditto to your first remark there.

With the second remark, I'd say it's wise business practice.

You hook the majority with the content they're currently loving and add the veteran content later on to hook the older audiences and give the newbies more interesting content.

I'm willing to guess we'll see a small sample of Valentia content in the vanilla release due to Echoes but more will be added with DLC. Then more for the unmentioned titles will start to flood in.

I'm not going to write off this game just yet, especially with E3 around the corner and my Switch mostly being used to play Mark of the wolves of all games lately, but, man does this announcement suck. And while I do love to hate Awakening and Akaneia in general, my main problem here is that I was really hoping that they were past pretending two thirds of this series never existed. We have Cipher, Heroes, SoV, and all of these were steps in the right direction, so, why?

I'm fully aware that dlc is happening and likely "fixing" this, but still that just feels like bad PR, especially with the swords excuse and all. Besides, I didn't see any newer fan complaining that they didn't recognize half of the characters in Heroes, and it doesn't feel like the other side specifically doesn't want Awakening/Fates characters... they just want to see equal representation. It's perfectly possible to please both crowds is what I'm saying here, to an extent anyway.

Just now, Anacybele said:

The Japanese think we're whiny babies for believing that stuff like skinship and drugging someone is fricken weird and creepy? Way to respect our culture and beliefs... >_>

Wait.....hold up. So, what i'm understanding here is, the Japanese should respect our culture and beliefs, yet, we are allowed to find their culture weird and creepy? Correct if i'm wrong but i'm pretty sure that skinship is a part of Japanese culture. 

Also, the difference between Hyrule Warriors and FE Warriors right now is that Hyrule Warriors got content for many games in the Zelda series, including the DLC. FE Warriors is looking like it won't go anywhere outside three games, even in DLC. And that would hurt it a lot.

Finally, someone else who actually doesn't like that they call us whiny babies! And also, I'm just curious, what makes you think it won't go anywhere outside the three games? I have a sneaking suspicion of it too, but I just want to hear your reasoning.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Wait.....hold up. So, what i'm understanding here is, the Japanese should respect our culture and beliefs, yet, we are allowed to find their culture weird and creepy? Correct if i'm wrong but i'm pretty sure that skinship is a part of Japanese culture. 

Uh, sure, if it's between parent and child.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

There's a difference between finding something someone does to be weird and actually calling that person names for what they do. Nobody's calling Japanese whiny babies or creepy weirdos.

2 minutes ago, Lord Raymond said:

Finally, someone else who actually doesn't like that they call us whiny babies! And also, I'm just curious, what makes you think it won't go anywhere outside the three games? I have a sneaking suspicion of it too, but I just want to hear your reasoning.

The fact that the announcement said that the game will pretty much only feature characters from three games, what else...

The fact that the announcement said that the game will pretty much only feature characters from three games, what else...

Oh yeah, that was a stupid question. Guess I was sorta convinced by most of the other people on here that they would be DLC. I guess Hyrule Warriors never had the announcement that they wouldn't have characters from any other games beside OoT, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword. But a man can still hope. And I still have a fiery hope that I will stoke until every single DLC is announced.

With the news, I'm just hoping Phina and Wolf are playable.

Phina is the OG Dancer and one of the only true combat dancers, she deserves a spot in a hack and slash, IMO.

Just now, Hardin said:

That's obviously not referring to DLC, which they haven't even publicly committed to creating. 

...but come on. This is a combination of Fire Emblem and Dynasty Warriors. Of course its gonna have DLC.