New info on FE Warriors

5 minutes ago, Baron the Shining Blade said:

Lastly, the OC twin lords are okay, although it seriously looks like they raided Chrom's wardrobe.

I kinda wish it would have been Robin's.

7 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Maybe that's how they meet Chrom. You have to fight him after he gets mad from you prying into his closet.

That reminds me of something I mentioned to a friend about 25 minutes ago, which was:

"I want to mod Fates so that there's a 4th path that gets Corrin killed and Chrom takes his place as the main character. I'd call it: Fire Emblem Fates Chromquest!"

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

You know what a lot of people posting in this topic need right now? Something to let off some steam.

If only there was a way for video game players to just release all their aggression in a cathartic fashion...

Or, y'know, maybe we are on a forum because we want to discuss this? 

1 minute ago, Hardin said:

How were they not upfront about this? The debut trailer was extremely clear about what was happening, this isn't a bait and switch like what happened with TMS. 

The debut trailer could also have been interpreted as the game only having 5 playable characters. The fact of the matter is, we didn't know for sure.

16 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

With the news, I'm just hoping Phina and Wolf are playable.

Phina is the OG Dancer and one of the only true combat dancers, she deserves a spot in a hack and slash, IMO.

Do you mean combat performance/portrayal or numbers, because the latter I think is an exaggeration.  

15 minutes ago, DaloDask said:

I feel like this topic has veered very hard off...

Also, 16 sword lords. That is the number we're working with if we include every game in the series. That is about half the expected cast. And that's not counting Hector, Elincia or even Kris.

Given that the weapon triangle is a mechanic in this game AND it's the first entry in a potential spin-off series, I don't understand how everyone is just jumping the gun and not looking at raw facts. Hyrule Warriors should have ALWAYS been used as a baseline for what to expect, yet it seems people were expecting Warriors Orochi instead.

Maybe I'm just a man of relatively reasonable temperament, but all this seems like a shitstorm that had no right existing.

Also I'd argue the reason they laugh at us for being whiny babies is because they aren't affected and don't really care but whatever

This is the issue with drip-feeding information, especially for a game that has such a...schizophrenic fanbase as Fire Emblem.

4 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

I have to wonder how many people actually want to play the game because of the style of gameplay Warriors has, if they even care about it, or is it just because they have Fire Emblem characters in it and they want a slideshow of their favourites.

Because I have to tell you that last option is pretty shallow.

I'll admit I've only really played Hyrule Warriors for more than a few hours compared to One Piece or Gundam, but I can appreciate the gameplay, but not enough to pull the trigger on a 'mainline' entry. So...guess I'm about six feet in the pool, then?

1 minute ago, Cysx said:

The debut trailer could also have been interpreted as the game only having 5 playable characters. The fact of the matter is, we didn't know for sure.

I would be very concerned for someone who came to that conclusion. 

Just now, Hardin said:

His point is that the debut trailer didn't mean jack. There are too many interpretations.

2 minutes ago, Hardin said:

Just for safety, I AM concerned for people that somehow came to that conclusion. 

2 minutes ago, Lord Raymond said:

His point is that the debut trailer didn't mean jack. There are too many interpretations.

Pretty sure his remark was merely a jest. 

I am disappointed that the game will be limited to a few characters in the base game, but honestly, after the initial trailer for the game, and what happened with Hyrule Warriors, I think it was to be expected. Assuming this game sells decently well like Hyrule Warriors did, then there is a huge chance that DLC will be added to the game, so at least a few characters from other games will be added (though its likely just going to be the Lords and maybe one to two other characters based on what I've seen for the characters they added in Hyrule Warriors DLC). That being said, the excuse of "too many characters with swords" is beyond stupid and whoever thought this would be good PR should be ashamed of themselves.

Since I'm a huge fan of a majority of the characters of the characters in Shadow Dragon and Mystery of the Emblem, I am still excited that my favorite characters from those games like Tiki, Catria, Camus, and Caeda still have a solid chance of getting in. I'm not as fond of most of the Awakening or Fates cast, but there are still a ton of gems within the cast of those games like Henry, Walhart, and Takumi that I would still love seeing in this game. Overall, still pretty hyped about the initial cast

Some of the new mechanics and features announced for this game have really gotten me excited. The game being fully voice acted is great, will definetly help me get immersed in the world. Bond Conversations have an incredible amount of potential between the Shadow Dragon and Awakening cast, though not so much with the Fates cast (really makes you wonder why the developers didn't elect to use the Shadows of Valentia characters instead). Weapon triangle being in will probably be an annoyance for most people, but i think I'll end up enjoying it. Other elements like Archers being effective against pegasus knights will probably have the same effect. Archers, Cavaliers, and Mages being playable was obvious, but is still a nice confirmation nonetheless. Not sure how to feel about the game having more characters than most of the other first musou collaboration installments. If I'm not mistaken, most musou collaboration games have around 15-20 non DLC characters, and usually, at least a few of those characters are original characters, which still leaves me worried about the size of the games roster.

3 minutes ago, Ercdouken said:

The roster should just compose of boss characters such as Batta Glass, and Denning :Kappa:

Batta Glass, Wow I feel no guilt whatsoever in saying that the concept is leagues above this thread. Who does this thread think it is? What chance could it have to stand up to Batta Glass the Beast, his Sword-Axe play is peerless!  

17 minutes ago, Lord Raymond said:

1. You're right, I apologized earlier for raging on the boards. That won't happen again

2. I never really claimed to be speaking for everyone. Did it come out out like that?

Not really.  Just that your opinion isn't all that unpopular!

14 minutes ago, Cysx said:

In a different context this mostly wouldn't have. Though this could have been communicated much better in general. If you don't want to speak of dlc too early, which is probably wise, at least don't come up with silly excuses. Or be more upfront about it, we could have known about this much earlier.

In any case, this is just reigniting the flames of conflicts this fandom's been fighting for years by now. Do they not care? Possibly...

. . .my brain's full of cotton, and I can't figure out what you're trying to say.

Just now, Hardin said:

I feel like we could argue about this for a while. In any case, the fact is, they set people up for disappointment, as demonstrated by this thread and quite a few others. Or we're all idiots. Now to see if they're planning on redeeming themselves at E3 somehow...

13 minutes ago, Light Strategist said:

That reminds me of something I mentioned to a friend about 25 minutes ago, which was:

"I want to mod Fates so that there's a 4th path that gets Corrin killed and Chrom takes his place as the main character. I'd call it: Fire Emblem Fates Chromquest!"

I might actually play Fates if that happened.

5 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Not really.  Just that your opinion isn't all that unpopular!

. . .my brain's full of cotton, and I can't figure out what you're trying to say.

The information we have been given is enough to ignite what's close to a war, and it could've been alleviated had at least some mention been made if "game might have DLC" was listed.

I was making a joke. The cathartic release I was referring to would be a Warriors game. My solution for rage at the Fire Emblem Warriors PC roster, was to play a Warriors game- a little bit of irony.

I might play some Linkle after I do some stuff for uni as stress relief. Pity she's got no chance to cameo in FE Warriors because she's a distaff counterpart to a sword user.

Spoiler

I do know that's not the reason she has no chance. That was also a joke.

Edited by phineas81707

12 minutes ago, Lord Raymond said:

Or, y'know, maybe we are on a forum because we want to discuss this?

I was making a joke. The cathartic release I was referring to would be a Warriors game. My solution for rage at the Fire Emblem Warriors PC roster, was to play a Warriors game- a little bit of irony.

1 minute ago, Cysx said:

I feel like we could argue about this for a while. In any case, the fact is, they set people up for disappointment, as demonstrated by this thread and quite a few others. Or we're all idiots. Now to see if they're planning on redeeming themselves at E3 somehow...

I'm half tempted to think we're all idiots.

I think you could argue humanity as a whole is full of idiots, but that's more philosophy than beat-em-up.

The signs were all there, but it seems as though nobody likes to pay attention...

I said it in a previous thread but I'll take a more focused story with a few universes than a messy story with characters from all over the place. They can always release characters and extra maps and side stories through DLC. But I'll say that after going through 18 pages of thread, some of the posts here feels more than just expressing disappointment. Can't believe some people are still making excuses to shit on TMS.

I'm still pretty hyped for the game, as this is one of those cases I'm really glad such a game got even made. I'm still praying for Nintendo Vs. Capcom.

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

The information we have been given is enough to ignite what's close to a war, and it could've been alleviated had at least some mention been made if "game might have DLC" was listed.

Thanks for the translation.  However, a war?  Like, if y'all have that much free time, I could use some help with unpacking, cooking, and doing the dishes!

Just now, eclipse said:

Thanks for the translation.  However, a war?  Like, if y'all have that much free time, I could use some help with unpacking, cooking, and doing the dishes!

Sorry, Australian, not in the position to get on a plane even if I wasn't intimidated by them.

Plus, I'm a terrible cook.

Just now, Jave said:

I said it in a previous thread but I'll take a more focused story with a few universes than a messy story with characters from all over the place. They can always release characters and extra maps and side stories through DLC. But I'll say that after going through 18 pages of thread, some of the posts here feels more than just expressing disappointment. Can't believe some people are still making excuses to shit on TMS.

I'm still pretty hyped for the game, as this is one of those cases I'm really glad such a game got even made. I'm still praying for Nintendo Vs. Capcom.

Who plays Warriors games for the story? I mean, it isn't awful, but it isn't a main selling point, usually.  People just want to play as their favorite FE characters. Unless you literally only care about Awakening/SD/Fates, I think most people would take a jumbled story with a lot of different characters than a good story with characters from only a few select games.

5 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Watch, Lyn's gonna cost 5.99 a week after the game drops.

Naw, they're pretty good about that.

I do want to see Link as a cameo fighter. I think he would be different from just about anything Fire Emblem has.

Just now, Lord Raymond said:

Who plays Warriors games for the story? I mean, it isn't awful, but it isn't a main selling point, usually.  People just want to play as their favorite FE characters. Unless you literally only care about Awakening/SD/Fates, I think most people would take a jumbled story with a lot of different characters than a good story with characters from only a few select games.

We had tons of salt over Fates' story, despite the fact that I play FE for the gameplay.  I fully expect some salt over the story, no matter how well-done it is!

TMS did something similar - limited universes, okayish story, and a battle system that was quite addicting.  If Warriors has a battle system half as fun as TMS, I'm sold, even if the story is sketchier than one of my fanfics.

21 minutes ago, Light Strategist said:

Chrom as the main character? I take it he'd be able to mesh in perfectly with all the characters and romance all of them equally, including Niles, MCsexuals, and say, Serena?