New info on FE Warriors

2 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Naw, they're pretty good about that.

I do want to see Link as a cameo fighter. I think he would be different from just about anything Fire Emblem has.

He'll be a Hero Class and not using a Sword.

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kinda like how people have to answer in my place because I write so horribly slowly tonight. And in general. Though I guess that was the basic idea yes, thanks phineas81707.

7 minutes ago, DaloDask said:

I'm half tempted to think we're all idiots.

I think you could argue humanity as a whole is full of idiots, but that's more philosophy than beat-em-up.

The signs were all there, but it seems as though nobody likes to pay attention...

I feel that with how much love this series' past has been getting from IS lately, especially compared to how it's been since Awakening's release, it was natural to be hopeful. Hence why a clear announcement would have been better imo.

Edited by Cysx

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Good about what? DLC? Nah.

Nah? She'll likely be in the vanilla game if anything.

That was bad...

Edited by Light Strategist

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the whole point of this game is fanservice. Why are some acting surprised that people might have been interested for the sole reason that their favourite characters might have made an appearance?

Like isn't this game basically "control your favourite FE characters in fully 3D battles"? So why is it a bad thing if someone was more interested in playing Hector rather than "the Musou gameplay"?

3 minutes ago, Lord Raymond said:

Who plays Warriors games for the story? I mean, it isn't awful, but it isn't a main selling point, usually.  People just want to play as their favorite FE characters. Unless you literally only care about Awakening/SD/Fates, I think most people would take a jumbled story with a lot of different characters than a good story with characters from only a few select games.

I haven't played many Warriors games, but I really want to see some motivation of having all these characters together. I WANT to see interaction between them, talking to each other, as well as reasons of why they're fighting each other.

TMS did it in a way that was good enough for me, because the limited universes used allowed for a more focused story, even though that game was mostly about the new characters. If they can do that on FEW on a slightly larger scale, it will be perfect for me.

Just now, Light Strategist said:

Nah? She'll likely be in the vanilla game if anything.

That was bad...

From SD, Awakening Or Fates: No check

Has a sword?: check

Sadly, she probably isn't going to be in.

2 minutes ago, Light Strategist said:

He'll be a Hero Class and not using a Sword.

Link has to use a sword if it's a representative appearance. It's his thing (not counting BotW since he has apparently mastered the weapon triangle).

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Good about what? DLC? Nah.

They were mostly reasonably priced in HW.

Just now, Book Bro said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the whole point of this game is fanservice. Why are some acting surprised that people might have been interested for the sole reason that their favourite characters might have made an appearance?

Like isn't this game basically "control your favourite FE characters in fully 3D battles"? So why is it a bad thing if someone was more interested in playing Hector rather than "the Musou gameplay"?

I'd say the hype for me is moreso 'What cool shit can they do with this?'

And in that regard, I'd much rather a more focused cast from a few games so I could potentially get Merric and Bantu doing cool shit.

6 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Naw, they're pretty good about that.

I do want to see Link as a cameo fighter. I think he would be different from just about anything Fire Emblem has.

What? Given that Link primary weapons are swords and Arrows  / some variations of arrows like Bombs, Boomerang, and Slingshot, Bowknights / Horseman pretty much have most of what he can do covered. Maybe if you count games like Majora's Mask or Skyward Sword where he can do a lot of unique things, then I can see your point.

2 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

Yeah, exactly. I mean, I find Warriors gameplay super fun. And if I could play as IKE in that kind of scenario? Boy would I have fun! But it looks like this might not happen because of IS's dumb reasoning for limiting the game to only games he's not in.

Just now, Jave said:

I haven't played many Warriors games, but I really want to see some motivation of having all these characters together. I WANT to see interaction between them, talking to each other, as well as reasons of why they're fighting each other.

TMS did it in a way that was good enough for me, because the limited universes used allowed for a more focused story, even though that game was mostly about the new characters. If they can do that on FEW on a slightly larger scale, it will be perfect for me.

Well, if you want to see interaction, wouldn't you like it if they had characters from a multitude of different games rather than have a big portion from one game? That would add a lot of interesting interaction. And its not like they couldn't make a story with all of these characters from different games. Hell, if you ask some of the fanfic writers here and I'm sure they could write a great story with people from different games. Having different characters and a good story aren't mutually exclusive.

4 minutes ago, FoxyGrandpa said:

What? Given that Link primary weapons are swords and Arrows  / some variations of arrows like Bombs, Boomerang, and Slingshot, Bowknights / Horseman pretty much have most of what he can do covered. Maybe if you count games like Majora's Mask or Skyward Sword where he can do a lot of unique things, then I can see your point.

I meant his Warriors moveset. Mainly the spinning. Most FE characters don't spin...or use shields for that matter.

2 minutes ago, Lord Raymond said:

Well, if you want to see interaction, wouldn't you like it if they had characters from a multitude of different games rather than have a big portion from one game? That would add a lot of interesting interaction. And its not like they couldn't make a story with all of these characters from different games. Hell, if you ask some of the fanfic writers here and I'm sure they could write a great story with people from different games. Having different characters and a good story aren't mutually exclusive.

No, but the more stuff you add to something, the more messier it tends to become. A smaller cast gives the writers better range to work with and, once again, have a more focused story. And given FE's track record with stories that try to go big, I have no hopes for a good story coming from a huge multiverse of different games.

I'll just quickly get my two cents out of the way and may or may not disappear for a while. Haven't been on this forum in years haha.

Anyways, this may or may not have been said before, but as there's a lot of pages and reading...I'll apologize in advance if it's redundant. So there's already a crossover game that features the Shadow Dragon and Awakening casts, minus Fates. I can understand the frustration that they're limiting the characters in this one to the same two games plus Fates this time. Thinking it over, yeah I'm a bit disappointed about that too, as I was looking forward to destroying swarms of enemies with light magic as Lucius which I'll still find ironic no matter how long light magic has been a thing xD or seeing what shenanigans we could pull off as the Laguz. And Lloyd, if that wasn't obvious. Is it disappointing? A bit, yeah. Did it kill hype? Some of it, but not a whole lot when I think about how there were still awesome characters in Archanea's and Fates' casts. Plus with DLC being possible it makes it a bit better, so here's hoping!

Anyway, that aside...kind of interested to see how many original characters they put in, since I think there are around three or four now right?

2 minutes ago, Lord Raymond said:

Is anyone arguing that a story with characters outside those 3 games is impossible? I thought it wss just that there are possible story reasons and just because it is conceivable for the story to be good otherwise dosen't actually invalidate the reasoning and I don't think it should.

Just now, Jave said:

No, but the more stuff you add to something, the more messier it tends to become. A smaller cast gives the writers better range to work with and, once again, have a more focused story. And given FE's track record with stories that try to go big, I have no hopes for a good story coming from a huge multiverse of different games.

But who CARES about a focused story in this game? This game is pure fanservice. They should focus on fanservice first, story later.

Edited by Lord Raymond

1 minute ago, Lord Raymond said:

But who CARES about a focused story in this game? This game is pure fanservice. They should focus on fanservice first, characters later.

I do. In case you didn't notice, I'm speaking strictly for myself in all of my posts.

But who CARES about a focused story in this game? This game is pure fanservice. They should focus on fanservice first, characters later.

Okay, this is one thing I don't quite agree with you on. While I agree the game is fanservice to a degree, that doesn't mean the story isn't important at all, really.

That said, I do think that a good story is manageable with a little more than just three FE games being involved.

Considering how many people bitched about Fates' story, i think a lot of people would care. Obviously, for a Warriors game, the biggest appeal is the gameplay but if Hyrule Warriors could have a pretty decent story, i think people would appreciate it if FE Warriors story was also pretty decent, even if most of the time they'll be focusing on the gameplay though.

Edited by Armagon

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Okay, this is one thing I don't quite agree with you on. While I agree the game is fanservice to a degree, that doesn't mean the story isn't important at all, really.

That said, I do think that a good story is manageable with a little more than just three FE games being involved.

Heroes set a poor precedent as far as plots of crossovers for this series go though... Personally, I'm not expecting much sadly.

Edited by Cysx

Just now, Anacybele said:

you don't have to disagree with me. My post that said "who cares" was poorly and quickly written. Story is really important to me; one of the reasons I don't like fates and awakening is because of that. My point was that I don't think having an amazing story should hold them back from including people like Ike and Roy. It can't be that hard to do both, can it? And even if the story had to suffer a little bit, wouldn't it be worth it?

Edited by Lord Raymond