New info on FE Warriors

1 minute ago, Cysx said:

Heroes set a poor precedent as far as plots of crossovers for this series go though... Personally, I'm not expecting much sadly.

I dunno, I think Heroes has an okay story for what it is. It IS a mobile game, so it can't do a whole lot, but it does enough, imo.

1 minute ago, Lord Raymond said:

you don't have to disagree with me. My post that said "who cares" was poorly and quickly written. Story is really important to me; one of the reasons I don't like fates and awakening is because of that. My point was that I don't think having an amazing story should hold them back from including people like Ike and Roy. It can't be that hard to do both, can it?

Ah, okay, this is a more fair point then.

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Armagon said:

Considering how many people bitched about Fates' story, i think a lot of people would care. Obviously, for a Warriors game, the biggest appeal is the gameplay but if Hyrule Warriors could have a pretty decent story, i think people would appreciate it if FE Warriors story was also pretty decent, even if most of the time they'll be focusing on the gameplay though.

yeah, that comment I made was really bad and doesn't really reflect my true beliefs. I definitely don't want a bad story; but if it means including characters from other games will degrade the story a little, I would happily agree to that.

2 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Heroes set a poor precedent as far as plots of crossovers for this series go though... Personally, I'm not expecting much sadly.

Quick, name the continent that Heroes takes place on!

Now name the continent that Fates takes place on.

If you want to see how another FE crossover went, please check out Project X Zone 2.  Yes, it was a lot of different worlds, but the FE section is, uh, pretty bad.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

If you want to see how another FE crossover went, please check out Project X Zone 2.  Yes, it was a lot of different worlds, but the FE section is, uh, pretty bad.

The first question is trivia, the second question is a creativity contest.

...How bad?

The focus argument also dosen't just apply to the story part of story. How the story is set up can leak into gameplay in some ways. Plus even if we ignore story I for one think the background elements are important even if we overlook them because backgrounds I think focus is a factor for that sort of stuff too. The main thing on that front is of course the literal background, aka the maps. 

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I think Heroes' does have a name though... and the fact I have no idea what it is might be even worse than Fates' case.

... but does it actually...?

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

The first question is trivia, the second question is a creativity contest.

...How bad?

Difference is that Heroes actually tried to do some world-building despite being a barebones story!  That says something!

PxZ 2 prominently features Tiki as a side character, whose main goal in life is to sleep.  Chrom/Lucina tag along because why the hell not.  In terms of straight-up fanservice, it's great.  In terms of actual character/plot development, it's "pick two or three things about the world/character!"  I hope Warriors does a better job than that!

Just now, Cysx said:

I think Heroes' does have a name though... and the fact I have no idea what it is might be even worse than Fates' case.

... but does it actually...?

Yes, the Heroes continent has a name.  If the Fates one was given an official name, I haven't seen it.

Edited by eclipse

24 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the whole point of this game is fanservice. Why are some acting surprised that people might have been interested for the sole reason that their favourite characters might have made an appearance?

Like isn't this game basically "control your favourite FE characters in fully 3D battles"? So why is it a bad thing if someone was more interested in playing Hector rather than "the Musou gameplay"?

I'm saying that as a fan of the Warrior/Musou games, I think some peoples priorities are skewed even though that can be a factor. Will you really buy the game just because X character is in it exclusively?

Also, like others already said, I'm sure you're okay with fanservice when it panders to yourselves, but not when it panders to the most successful games.

Just now, eclipse said:

PxZ 2 prominently features Tiki as a side character, whose main goal in life is to sleep.  Chrom/Lucina tag along because why the hell not.  In terms of straight-up fanservice, it's great.  In terms of actual character/plot development, it's "pick two or three things about the world/character!"  I hope Warriors does a better job than that!

...That's actually hilarious. If I'm remembering the game right, at least I can say Chrom/Lucina aren't the only characters I'm familiar with from it.

At the very least, we'll probably get worldbuilding on par with Heroes given a slight effort.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

Difference is that Heroes actually tried to do some world-building despite being a barebones story!  That says something!

I do feel that it is a bit unfair how if the devs had taken two minutes to name the continent, a lot of the worldbuilding complaints about Fates would potentially disappear. Not that it wasn't bad, but come on, Heroes doesn't introduce any town or location whatsoever...

1 minute ago, Tryhard said:

I'm saying that as a fan of the Warrior/Musou games, I think some peoples priorities are skewed even though that can be a factor. Will you really buy the game just because X character is in it exclusively?

I think they described it a lot better than I was earlier.

8 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Zenith IIRC.

Fateslandia.

Where is my medal?

Just now, L9999 said:

Zenith IIRC.

Fateslandia.

Where is my medal?

Raigh has it, but he wont' give it to you until he's a 5* +10.

The new characters give me hope.  Their names don't look like random alphabet soup.

12 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Hoshinohr.

4 minutes ago, Lord Raymond said:

Oh, but you are forgetting all the memorable countries that were thrown in for one chapter and then promptly forgotten about!

So am I...

No, seriously. My brain's locked me out...

EDIT: I just remembered Izumo.

Edited by Light Strategist

16 minutes ago, L9999 said:

Zenith IIRC.

Fateslandia.

Where is my medal?

It's located on the great Justinthebackstoryandprobablywasn'tnamedinuniverse continent. 

Secondonetothewestoftelliustillthiergoddesstookcrymeariverliterallybutwentatadoverboard is just to the east. 

They are beautiful if obscure places.

Edited by goodperson707

Just now, Light Strategist said:

So am I...

No, seriously. My brain's locked me out...

Me too. I think one was called Izuka and another Chive or something...

Edited by Lord Raymond

1 minute ago, Lord Raymond said:

Just curious, who exactly has bad names in the recent games?

I have serious issues with the localized Fates names.  I hope whoever does the localization won't mess with them too much.

Did everyone just ignore Leo's lengthy lecture on the history of Nohr? Of the founding around Krakenburg stretching northeast? Of the great wars of expansion it fought against Cheve and the Dia Alliance? How about his lesson on rainfall patterns and the temperature of Nohr's various geopolitical regions? Or what about Azama's and Sakura's sermon on the similarities and differences between the Temple Teachings and the Shrine Traditions?

(That was a little Fates-bashing sarcasm.)

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

Did everyone just ignore Leo's lengthy lecture on the history of Nohr? Of the founding around Krakenburg stretching northeast? Of the great wars of expansion it fought against Cheve and the Dia Alliance? How about his lesson on rainfall patterns and the temperature of Nohr's various geopolitical regions? Or what about Azama's and Sakura's sermon on the similarities and differences between the Temple Teachings and the Shrine Traditions?

(That was a little Fates-bashing sarcasm.)

Kinda hard to remember all the countries, borders, and generally where everything is if you use a geographical map instead of a political one...sheesh, what idiot's idea was that? So the map can look more pretty? Trust me, the Tellius games would definitely not be as praised for world building if you couldn't even see where the hell the countries begin and end. 

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I have serious issues with the localized Fates names.  I hope whoever does the localization won't mess with them too much.

Meanwhile, I'm hoping the main character's names have a slight change. Leon, Leo, Lyon and now Lion? It's a little worse because my step-father's named Leon.