New info on FE Warriors

10 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

I'm saying that as a fan of the Warrior/Musou games, I think some peoples priorities are skewed even though that can be a factor. Will you really buy the game just because X character is in it exclusively?

Also, like others already said, I'm sure you're okay with fanservice when it panders to yourselves, but not when it panders to the most successful games.

Personally, I was looking forward to playing this kind of game with characters I'm fond of. I can't speak for everyone, but I would guess this is what most people would say. I wouldn't prioritize one over the other, but again, using characters I like to beat up enemies in this style is what I was excited for. And now that it's limited to these three games, I basically only have Caeda, Minerva, Leo, Takumi, and Camilla as characters I like but am not crazy about, with not even battles or music from my favourite games to look forward to.

As for the other point, I would've been just as disappointed if the roster had been purely Tellius and Elibe. I always knew there would be more of the newer games, it's only natural, but I hoped there would be fair representation. And not purely through DLC.

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, shadowofchaos said:

The Soledai Controversy™

Heard it here first, you guys.

2 hours ago, Light Strategist said:

I'm genuinely expecting something to happen now.

Oh my my. For better or worse, I'm not well known enough to have my own legit controversy

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You know what a lot of people posting in this topic need right now? Something to let off some steam.

If only there was a way for video game players to just release all their aggression in a cathartic fashion...

I strongly appreciate this post as it made me giggle.
Slightly related, I have been having a strong urge to play DW7:E again lately...

55 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Thanks for the translation.  However, a war?  Like, if y'all have that much free time, I could use some help with unpacking, cooking, and doing the dishes!

I think we have prior engagements, but I can help with unpacking and cooking since I know what you can eat ;p
Me and dishes have an intense hatred for each other, so you're on your own there.

53 minutes ago, Lord Raymond said:

Who plays Warriors games for the story? I mean, it isn't awful, but it isn't a main selling point, usually.  

Right here, yes. I always play to see how they present the stories each time.

7 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Meanwhile, I'm hoping the main character's names have a slight change. Leon, Leo, Lyon and now Lion? It's a little worse because my step-father's named Leon.

You're right, too many leonine names. I know, for something different, why don't we call him Squall?

And @Lord Raymond, you're right that having the political borders of Tellius clearly outlined several times is a massive help to understanding things. And it's further proof that IS couldn't be bothered to put the most rudimentary elements of world building in Fates. The only border we really get in Fates is the Bottomless Canyon.

Also, anyone notice how there are lands beneath Valla on the Valla map? What in the world are they? It certainly doesn't look like Nohr and Hoshido.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You're right, too many leonine names. I know, for something different, why don't we call him Squall?

Well if we do that there are other things we might have to also do, to start removing a dragony/demony wing shouldn't be too hard with the manaketes, but who has a sword with bandages(or whatever) we can remove?

Not the most well versed (not unversed though) in this so sorry for any errors 

Edited by goodperson707

Oh, look. everyone's favorite user just arrived. And here I was, thinking we had gotten rid of you after that localization nonsense.

Edited by Lord Raymond

1 hour ago, Tryhard said:

I have to wonder how many people actually want to play the game because of the style of gameplay Warriors has, if they even care about it, or is it just because they have Fire Emblem characters in it and they want a slideshow of their favourites.

Because I have to tell you that last option is pretty shallow.

I'm personally getting it for Warriors gameplay and to support the series. It will be my first Warriors game that I actually buy and play, so it may be a gateway drug if you will for Warriors games. Tried a few in the past and couldn't get into them. 

Agreed though, I think people were setting expectations way too high for his game in terms of the roster. We have over 300 characters spread across 25 years of games. It's literally impossible to appeal to each and every fan of the series. 

And holy shit Reddit's on fire again. Can't go a month without that place pouring gasoline on itself and lighting a match.

Edited by Tolvir

47 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Quick, name the continent that Heroes takes place on!

Now name the continent that Fates takes place on.

If you want to see how another FE crossover went, please check out Project X Zone 2.  Yes, it was a lot of different worlds, but the FE section is, uh, pretty bad.

FINALLY Someone else who has played Project X Zone 2. I'll admit Tiki really served no role in the story besides having her map in the game and Chrom/Lucina's inclusion was really a surprise to me *heck the reason why I got the game tbh* along with Fiora. I honestly expected them to include Zelda and maybe Kid Icarus Characters for it given they are usually more well known then Fire Emblem characters, but I was surprised that they included characters from two of my favorite games. I saw it as an step forward for Fire Emblem that it was added into a major crossover game beyond smash. The only one to really do that among the realistic Nintendoverse *reason why Mario hasn't appeared in the series yet, as the developers wanted realistic characters in it* was Link in soulcaliber 2.

Anyways, back to the thread, man watching the input of this over the past two hours while eating ice cream was interesting to say the least. I saw a few good points made that I won't reiterate on, but overall guys, there has been no real confirmation yet, so don't lose hopes, and if not oh well don't get it, I plan on getting it because I want to support this series and have a good time with a fire emblem game, no matter what it may be *tbh I still haven't picked up TMS yet as no wii-u, but it will be a first grab if it gets ported to the switch or I find a super cheap wii-u*

57 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Difference is that Heroes actually tried to do some world-building despite being a barebones story!  That says something!

PxZ 2 prominently features Tiki as a side character, whose main goal in life is to sleep.  Chrom/Lucina tag along because why the hell not.  In terms of straight-up fanservice, it's great.  In terms of actual character/plot development, it's "pick two or three things about the world/character!"  I hope Warriors does a better job than that!

Yes, the Heroes continent has a name.  If the Fates one was given an official name, I haven't seen it.

Well, they were kind of just tacked on since Nintendo wasn't a major player in the game.

44 minutes ago, goodperson707 said:

It's located on the great Justinthebackstoryandprobablywasn'tnamedinuniverse continent. 

Secondonetothewestoftelliustillthiergoddesstookcrymeariverliterallybutwentatadoverboard is just to the east. 

They are beautiful if obscure places.

They just roll off the tongue, don't they?

5 minutes ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

FINALLY Someone else who has played Project X Zone 2. I'll admit Tiki really served no role in the story besides having her map in the game and Chrom/Lucina's inclusion was really a surprise to me *heck the reason why I got the game tbh* along with Fiora. I honestly expected them to include Zelda and maybe Kid Icarus Characters for it given they are usually more well known then Fire Emblem characters, but I was surprised that they included characters from two of my favorite games. I saw it as an step forward for Fire Emblem that it was added into a major crossover game beyond smash. The only one to really do that among the realistic Nintendoverse *reason why Mario hasn't appeared in the series yet, as the developers wanted realistic characters in it* was Link in soulcaliber 2.

Anyways, back to the thread, man watching the input of this over the past two hours while eating ice cream was interesting to say the least. I saw a few good points made that I won't reiterate on, but overall guys, there has been no real confirmation yet, so don't lose hopes, and if not oh well don't get it, I plan on getting it because I want to support this series and have a good time with a fire emblem game, no matter what it may be *tbh I still haven't picked up TMS yet as no wii-u, but it will be a first grab if it gets ported to the switch or I find a super cheap wii-u*

How much ice cream do you have to get through two hours?

Just now, Arthur97 said:

Well, they were kind of just tacked on since Nintendo wasn't a major player in the game.

How much ice cream do you have to get through two hours?

It was more actually just eating one bowl while reading the comments from the past two hours. I got distracted by grinding in echoes despite me already being on act 6

Just now, Arthur97 said:

Compared to the time I had writing them and getting them looking satisfactory to me? Maybe, I don't think I tried saying them all the way though. 

2 hours ago, goodperson707 said:

Do you mean combat performance/portrayal or numbers, because the latter I think is an exaggeration.  

What are you trying to say? If you're wondering why I say Phina is a combat dancer, it's because she is. She won't be as good as Navarre or Ogma, but she could defend herself with ease. Compared to other dancers in the series, she's far more combative than most, with her only real competition being Lene and Azura (although Azura is technically a Songstress, not a dancer). I say this because the 3 mentioned don't need to be reclassed in order to become competent fighters. Sylvia and Laylea will always be pure utility; they could become decent fighters, but never good. Lara can be good, but requires much more investment than the first 3. Lalum, Ninian, and Tethys can't even attack. And finally, Olivia needs to be reclassed in order to defend herself.

I picked Phina over Azura because she

a) has a smaller chance of getting into the game

b) I think her moveset would be real flashy and playing up a dancer gimmick, a la Koshosho & Diao Chan from their respective Warriors games.

2 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

The information we have been given is enough to ignite what's close to a war, and it could've been alleviated had at least some mention been made if "game might have DLC" was listed.

What?

I'm sorry? But isn't this getting to melodrama levels of exaggeration?

7 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

What are you trying to say? If you're wondering why I say Phina is a combat dancer, it's because she is. She won't be as good as Navarre or Ogma, but she could defend herself with ease. Compared to other dancers in the series, she's far more combative than most, with her only real competition being Lene and Azura (although Azura is technically a Songstress, not a dancer). I say this because the 3 mentioned don't need to be reclassed in order to become competent fighters. Sylvia and Laylea will always be pure utility; they could become decent fighters, but never good. Lara can be good, but requires much more investment than the first 3. Lalum, Ninian, and Tethys can't even attack. And finally, Olivia needs to be reclassed in order to defend herself.

b) I think her moveset would be real flashy and playing up a dancer gimmick, a la Koshosho & Diao Chan from their respective Warriors games.

Just that I think the amount of dancers with weapons vs not weapons I think is a bit exaggerated at times in regards to not weapons. I wasn't questioning her combat prowess more wondering if you were comparing it at all and I wasn't sure about her combat prowess to make a guess (Her games are not in my wheelhouse) 

5 minutes ago, theycallmeknuckles said:

Welp, I should expected this entirely since they are well known in modern fire emblem. I'm a newbie to this series, but I do want to the other characters from different games. What do you guys and girls think what characters should be DLC?

I'm hoping for some Echoes representation at the very least. It deserves it.

9 minutes ago, goodperson707 said:

Just that I think the amount of dancers with weapons vs not weapons I think is a bit exaggerated at times in regards to not weapons. I wasn't questioning her combat prowess more wondering if you were comparing it at all and I wasn't sure about her combat prowess to make a guess (Her games are not in my wheelhouse) 

Yeah I was comparing, because with the information given, it made it sound like characters were picked based on their class and who should represent it. Since most of the characters hail from 3 different stories, I'm hoping for Phina.

For her combat prowess, watch this video (1:40) is when the battle starts.

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, theycallmeknuckles said:

What do you guys and girls think what characters should be DLC?

I think the characters with amiibo should be unlockable by but not limited to scanning the amiibo (unless they're unimportant to the main plot). After unlocking them, the first scan should give costumes and after that, subsequent scans should award weapons like Steel, Silver or Killer equipment or a Prf weapon for the character like Ike's Regal Blade or Yato's Forms for Corrin.

I'd like to see Lethe, Soren, Sothe, Jill, Ephraim, Tana, Lyn, Hector, Lilina, Zephiel, Sigurd, Julia, Kris and Katarina.

Among others but I'm very tired right now.

29 minutes ago, theycallmeknuckles said:

Welp, I should expected this entirely since they are well known in modern fire emblem. I'm a newbie to this series, but I do want to the other characters from different games. What do you guys and girls think what characters should be DLC?

I would like to see DLC packs for each game so that everything is represented. Basically make it what it should've been in the first place.

what im more curious of is.... what characters are going to be listed as generic commanders in the game now? we could have all the fates lords, cadea, lucina, and possibly robin. but would characters like lindie, merric, hana, gregor, stahl, and niles be listed as generic units if we were to fight their army? just how much actual characters will we see and fight on one mans army?

46 minutes ago, Thany said:

what im more curious of is.... what characters are going to be listed as generic commanders in the game now? we could have all the fates lords, cadea, lucina, and possibly robin. but would characters like lindie, merric, hana, gregor, stahl, and niles be listed as generic units if we were to fight their army? just how much actual characters will we see and fight on one mans army?

I'd assume anyone that has a name is considered an officer and anyone else is a nameless mook to meet their end on my blade.

3 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

You do realize Olivia can fight with a sword and she is the most recognizable dancer in Fire Emblem right now, right?