New info on FE Warriors

56 minutes ago, saisymbolic said:

It could be.

The Warriors series have things called stratagems that can boost the stats of the allied army for an amount of time. Considering the game likely won't be turn-based, there is a chance they may make the dancers'/songstress' dance/song into a special stratagem only she can use as I think there is a Warriors game where each officer has like a special ability like that - Empires, I think.

I mean, we could also remove stratagems from the equation and look over at Samurai Warriors (that one series), they've got a lass there who, while not a dancer/singer, (even though they HAVE a dancer), she can buff allies just like you described here(What got buffed was random). And yeah, you were thinking of Empires there.

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Soledai said:

I mean, we could also remove stratagems from the equation and look over at Samurai Warriors (that one series), they've got a lass there who, while not a dancer/singer, (even though they HAVE a dancer), she can buff allies just like you described here(What got buffed was random). And yeah, you were thinking of Empires there.

what the hell is a samurai warriors

On a serious note, I haven't played a SW game in years. The last one I've played was SW2: Empires, so I'm a bit out of touch with the series. Like, seriously, the only thing I know about SW4 is that my favorite character, Masamune Date, doesn't look like a little kid anymore even though his J!voice still sounds like he is.

I should watch some footage of it, but I've been avoiding it for when I actually get the game.

Edited by saisymbolic

12 hours ago, MMXZero said:

You do realize Olivia can fight with a sword and she is the most recognizable dancer in Fire Emblem right now, right? 

She is the most recognizable, but it's not if Phina is obscure. IIRC, New Mystery was popular in Japan, which features Phina, so it's not like they're bringing her out of an obscure game. She's recent too. Plus, she's the OG Dancer.

Olivia "fights" with a sword, and I say that in quotations because you need to class change her to a Myrmidon in order for her to be a competent fighter. With Phina, you do not. She's a good unit in her own right, and doesn't have to compete with Gale Force, so she has more utility use than Olivia, hence why I'm saying she's more deserving a spot, because Phina is more useful in Mystery than Olivia is in Awakening.

22 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

She is the most recognizable, but it's not if Phina is obscure. IIRC, New Mystery was popular in Japan, which features Phina, so it's not like they're bringing her out of an obscure game. She's recent too. Plus, she's the OG Dancer.

Olivia "fights" with a sword, and I say that in quotations because you need to class change her to a Myrmidon in order for her to be a competent fighter. With Phina, you do not. She's a good unit in her own right, and doesn't have to compete with Gale Force, so she has more utility use than Olivia, hence why I'm saying she's more deserving a spot, because Phina is more useful in Mystery than Olivia is in Awakening.

I literally don't know who that is, and I'm guessing most western fans don't either.

51 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I literally don't know who that is, and I'm guessing most western fans don't either.

50 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Google her. She's the OG dancer. Real men kill Hardin with Phina. 

^^^^^^^^

If you don't know who she is. Google her. Western fans may not be as acquainted, but most veterans and Japanese fans know of her glory. She's amazing.

33 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

First dancer in the entire series, and was actually a pretty good combat unit.  Though in spite of that, she's not the most iconic character from Mystery.  Maybe one of the more iconic characters to be first introduced in Mystery, but not the most iconic from the Archanea games.  She doesn't quite beat out characters like the Whitewings, Caeda, Minerva, or an assortment of other characters from Shadow Dragon.  I don't even think she ever got into FE Heroes.

42 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Real men kill Hardin with Phina. 

With Hardin's WTA and generally OP stats... that'll take a while.  Then again, it takes a while to beat that chapter regardless, unless you've got LTC pro strats.

1 minute ago, Dandy Druid said:

^^^^^^^^

If you don't know who she is. Google her. Western fans may not be as acquainted, but most veterans and Japanese fans know of her glory. She's amazing.

I did...she doesn't look that impressive honestly.

Just now, Ertrick36 said:

First dancer in the entire series, and was actually a pretty good combat unit.  Though in spite of that, she's not the most iconic character from Mystery.  Maybe one of the more iconic characters to be first introduced in Mystery, but not the most iconic from the Archanea games.  She doesn't quite beat out characters like the Whitewings, Caeda, Minerva, or an assortment of other characters from Shadow Dragon.  I don't even think she ever got into FE Heroes.

She did not. The only dancers are Olivia and Ninia with Azura having sing which is basically the same thing.

Dancers don't make a lot of sense anyway. Why does a dance inspire these people to move again? Ninian at least had a little explanation.

3 hours ago, saisymbolic said:

what the hell is a samurai warriors

On a serious note, I haven't played a SW game in years. The last one I've played was SW2: Empires, so I'm a bit out of touch with the series. Like, seriously, the only thing I know about SW4 is that my favorite character, Masamune Date, doesn't look like a little kid anymore even though his J!voice still sounds like he is.

I should watch some footage of it, but I've been avoiding it for when I actually get the game.

Some obscure Dynasty warriors game

Fair enough. In my mind, I was recalling SW2, but it's all good if it's been years.

20 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Dancers don't make a lot of sense anyway. Why does a dance inspire these people to move again? Ninian at least had a little explanation.

First time I've ever seen someone not get why or how a dancer's dancing boost morale for soldiers, that's literally what it is.

If you still don't get it, ask yourself this; Why and how does a song inspire a soldier to fight? Why do entertainers go out to the frontlines at all with the soldiers and perform, eh?

Edited by Soledai

Just now, Soledai said:

Some obscure Dynasty warriors game

Fair enough. In my mind, I was recalling SW2, but it's all good if it's been years.

First time I've ever seen someone not get why or how dancers boost morale for soldiers, that's literally what it is.

If you still don't get it, ask yourself this; Why and how does a song inspire a soldier to fight? Why do entertainers go out to the frontlines at all with the soldiers and perform, eh?

I mean, I guess it makes some sense, but I just don't think seeing a dance in the middle of battle would raise my morale that much.

7 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I mean, I guess it makes some sense, but I just don't think seeing a dance in the middle of battle would raise my morale that much.

Let me give you a more rudimentary, everyday example:

Sports. What do cheerleaders exist for? It's the same concept. If you got that one girl cheering you on, you know, the really pretty one, you know you're gonna hustle ten times harder

Edited by Soledai

4 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

When you're in a hellish landscape fighting for your life, even the little things could make all the difference in the world...

At the very least, it would remind you of what you're fighting for.  At least, if you're there willingly fighting for a cause.

Watching a good performance of something can give some sense of invigoration. (This part is pretty much what was said previously) Everything beyond that is just a matter of scale. And well differences in scale aren't exactly uncommon, or to put it another way how combat works dosen't make a lot of sense either.

Neat new scans! I'm still fearful that I won't see my Tellius mercenary hero in this (DLC or not), but other than that, everything sounds neat.

Though I still think the male lord's hair is stupid and the female keeps making me think of Noire. She's cute if I don't try to compare her though. Cuter than Noire, actually.

I'd love trailers or scans with Ike, Frederick, and Ryoma in them tho... Plz...

Edited by Anacybele

39 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

With Hardin's WTA and generally OP stats... that'll take a while.  Then again, it takes a while to beat that chapter regardless, unless you've got LTC pro strats.

Not the most iconic, that's for certain. But not obscure. I was comparing her chances and sort of campaigning for her spot in Warriors, because she's a prime candidate for a hack and slash IMO, KOEI loves gimmick-y movesets, which a dancer will provide, and Phina is one of the most combative dancers in the series, and one of the best units in her game, so that's my reasoning. 

Also, it may not take long to defeat Hardin with Phina. Example:

Spoiler

Unless you're referring to training her, than yeah, that may take a while. But she comes early enough in the game so it won't be too hard.

37 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I did...she doesn't look that impressive honestly.

She did not. The only dancers are Olivia and Ninia with Azura having sing which is basically the same thing.

Not that impressive? Bruh. She's on par tier-wise with the main mercenary and myrmidon (Ogma and Navarre) of her game and is one of the strongest utility units in the entire series. If that's not impressive to you, then wow. If you're trying to find her on youtube, "Feena" will come up with better results. I'm only using "Phina" because that's the localized name now.

But yeah she's not in Heroes yet. A shame, but hopefully she gets added when they do a New Mystery focus.

And the only reason why dancers made sense is for morale-boosting, like others said. Having a pretty girl dance for you would be pretty uplifting. It's not uncommon to see guys go through obstacles for a pretty girl in storytelling and life. And it's FE, where there's dragons, magic users, and even maids fighting for you, it doesn't have to make much sense.

6 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

Not the most iconic, that's for certain. But not obscure. I was comparing her chances and sort of campaigning for her spot in Warriors, because she's a prime candidate for a hack and slash IMO, KOEI loves gimmick-y movesets, which a dancer will provide, and Phina is one of the most combative dancers in the series, and one of the best units in her game, so that's my reasoning. 

Reveal hidden contents

Unless you're referring to training her, than yeah, that may take a while. But she comes early enough in the game so it won't be too hard.

Not that impressive? Bruh. She's on par tier-wise with the main mercenary and myrmidon (Ogma and Navarre) of her game and is one of the strongest utility units in the entire series. If that's not impressive to you, then wow. If you're trying to find her on youtube, "Feena" will come up with better results. I'm only using "Phina" because that's the localized name now.

But yeah she's not in Heroes yet. A shame, but hopefully she gets added when they do a New Mystery focus.

And the only reason why dancers made sense is for morale-boosting, like others said. Having a pretty girl dance for you would be pretty uplifting. It's not uncommon to see guys go through obstacles for a pretty girl in storytelling and life. And it's FE, where there's dragons, magic users, and even maids fighting for you, it doesn't have to make much sense.

Isn't she super shy though? Not like that would stop them, but I still feel like characters like Sylvia or Lara make more sense as swordfighting dancers.

Between Feena and Olivia though, eh, toss up.

Edited by Cysx

2 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Isn't she super shy though? Not like that would stop them, but I still feel like characters like Sylvia or Lara make more sense as swordfighting dancers.

Between Feena and Olivia though, eh, toss up.

She's not shy. Olivia is the only shy dancer in the series. Most of them are pretty cheeky and flirtatious. Phina's introduction in Ch.7 has her accusing Navarre of protecting her only because he has crush on her. And in New Mystery, her supports with Kris show that she teases her friends/love interests a lot. She also will speak up if a character isn't fashionable (similarly to Oboro). Even her FE3 sprite shows a lot of personality; the way her hand is positioned kind of gives her a haughty expression.

Spoiler

latest?cb=20090716132650

So no, she's not shy. Lara also makes sense, but Thracia 776 is so obscure most fans don't know about her. Sylvia has a big personality though.

7 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

She's not shy. Olivia is the only shy dancer in the series. Most of them are pretty cheeky and flirtatious. Phina's introduction in Ch.7 has her accusing Navarre of protecting her only because he has crush on her. And in New Mystery, her supports with Kris show that she teases her friends/love interests a lot. She also will speak up if a character isn't fashionable (similarly to Oboro). Even her FE3 sprite shows a lot of personality; the way her hand is positioned kind of gives her a haughty expression.

Reveal hidden contents

latest?cb=20090716132650

So no, she's not shy. Lara also makes sense, but Thracia 776 is so obscure most fans don't know about her. Sylvia has a big personality though.

Guess I remembered wrong, my bad. In any case, it would be pretty nice if they went for her actually, especially since Azura and Olivia are big characters in Heroes already.

2 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

To be fair, she's more commonly known as Feena (pre CYL translation)

4 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Guess I remembered wrong, my bad. In any case, it would be pretty nice if they went for her actually, especially since Azura and Olivia are big characters in Heroes already.

I think her chances of getting in are quite low, so I think it would be pretty cool if she was a character. She has potential to be popular, IMO, and there's a lot of freedom with her design as well.

I'm hoping on the off chance someone from Nintendo visits SF and is like damn Phina is too iconic to pass up and include her, but that's just my delusions talking.

45 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

Reveal hidden contents

I seriously doubt she'd beat out Olivia.

I'm not big on stats and tiers. I just did not find her that impressive of a character. I rarely even use dancers whether they're good or not.

The pretty girl angle only works for some of them though as large portions of the armies are female.

As I said earlier that's more a matter of scale and scope, the general idea is what is being brought up. If it still ends up violating your suspension of disbelief that's fine but the general idea still remains and increased or decreased scale/scope is pretty common here and elsewhere. 

2 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

That's right but with some Star Shards and Mercurius as well as being at a high level, she can pull it off. She'd definitely be fun to see in Warriors. 

2 hours ago, Lord-Zero said:

That's right but with some Star Shards and Mercurius as well as being at a high level, she can pull it off. She'd definitely be fun to see in Warriors. 

And in the original MoE the WTA wasn't a thing.

18 minutes ago, Troykv said:

And in the original MoE the WTA wasn't a thing.

Oh crap, I forgot about that, being so familiar with New Mystery and a lot of the other more recent games.

Weapons were weirdly handled back then.  Like, very oddly balanced.  I remember that you could immediately just hand Jeigan's silver lance to Caeda, or that because there was no magic stat, all mages had to rely on raw physical power (aka strength) in order to power up their attacks/healing.  Oh, and Palla just automatically has the ability to wield Gradivus because she has the weapon level for it.  Even though you only get it late game.

I suppose I was also thinking of New Mystery when talking about Feena challenging Hardin, since shards there only raise stats, not growths.