New info on FE Warriors

I see someone talking some mad shit about mai waifu.

Hate being the bearer of bad news, but Phina is not the creme of the crop like you claim and even King Garon knows this whenever he specifically chooses NotOlivia for his personal entertainment.

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Though I still think the male lord's hair is stupid and the female keeps making me think of Noire.

Something like that.

I just can't take the male character seriously. His hair looks just like these yellow flowers on bushes around here. That, and he reminds me of Naruto (which I'm not a fan of at all).

The female looks like a cross between Noire and Lissa, but without the charm of either.

Needless to say, I really don't like the design of the main characters. They just look uninspired and dull. Easily among the worst characters Kozaki has designed for Fire Emblem.

If I'm negatively biased towards the main characters of a game because I strongly dislike their visual design, that's not a good first impression.

Although a lot about the game does sound pretty good, outside of the character designs.

2 hours ago, Xaos Steel Wing said:

Something like that.

I just can't take the male character seriously. His hair looks just like these yellow flowers on bushes around here. That, and he reminds me of Naruto (which I'm not a fan of at all).

The female looks like a cross between Noire and Lissa, but without the charm of either.

Needless to say, I really don't like the design of the main characters. They just look uninspired and dull. Easily among the worst characters Kozaki has designed for Fire Emblem.

If I'm negatively biased towards the main characters of a game because I strongly dislike their visual design, that's not a good first impression.

Although a lot about the game does sound pretty good, outside of the character designs.

Oh yeah, the male main characters looks dull, dumb and depresing... okay, this last one not, I was just searching another negative word with "d"

I think I would eventually like more the female design, but I'm neutral with her.

7 hours ago, Xaos Steel Wing said:

Something like that.

Wait, where did it say Kozaki designed these characters? I must have missed something, but regardless, the designs are the art director's job, isn't it? Kozaki's just the artist, at least for Awakening and Fates to my knowledge.

Also, call me crazy, but I'm not really hating the new designs to be honest. The female does resemble Noire too much, but otherwise I'm just not seeing anything I'd call "too stupid". The blonde hair is at least a fresh color for FE lord standards minus Sharena.

3 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Wait, where did it say Kozaki designed these characters? I must have missed something, but regardless, the designs are the art director's job, isn't it? Kozaki's just the artist, at least for Awakening and Fates to my knowledge.

Also, call me crazy, but I'm not really hating the new designs to be honest. The female does resemble Noire too much, but otherwise I'm just not seeing anything I'd call "too stupid". The blonde hair is at least a fresh color for FE lord standards minus Sharena.

We're mostly going by the style on the characters. Marth's face especially looks like it's drawn in Kozaki's style for this game, which especially stands out since Kozaki didn't draw the character artwork for Shadow Dragon (which is where Marth's outfit comes from).

It's true that it's not confirmed though.

4 minutes ago, Folt said:

We're mostly going by the style on the characters. Marth's face especially looks like it's drawn in Kozaki's style for this game, which especially stands out since Kozaki didn't draw the character artwork for Shadow Dragon (which is where Marth's outfit comes from).

It's true that it's not confirmed though.

I'm fine with that. I like his style.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

I'm fine with that. I like his style.

Kozaki's one of my favorite artists, so I wouldn't mind if he did in fact work on the character art for FE Warriors.

@Folt @NoirCore I believe I read that Kozaki actually confirmed on twitter that he wasn't involved with the title, remarking that they (whoever the artist is) is good at imitating his style.

That said, why couldn't they have given the OCs more distinct hair colors?

1 minute ago, The DanMan said:

@Folt @NoirCore I believe I read that Kozaki actually confirmed on twitter that he wasn't involved with the title, remarking that they (whoever the artist is) is good at imitating his style.

That said, why couldn't they have given the OCs more distinct hair colors?

Ooh, that's interesting.

3 minutes ago, Folt said:

Ooh, that's interesting.

I saw somebody on neogaf and someone else on the subreddit mention it, but I'd like further confirmation myself; don't quote it as fact just yet.

Eh, FE Warriors' roster being mainly those from Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates pretty much killed my hype for the time being. Can't justify getting a New 2DS XL or a Switch (and a new micro SD card and adapter) just for it unless new information that renews my interest comes up.

Having too many sword users hardly stopped Heroes - a fellow FE multiverse crossover title - from being flooded with sword users; the notable exception being Raven from Blazing Blade, who was made into an axe infantry unit rather than a sword infantry unit.

4 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Eh, FE Warriors' roster being mainly those from Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates pretty much killed my hype for the time being. Can't justify getting a New 2DS XL or a Switch (and a new micro SD card and adapter) just for it unless new information that renews my interest comes up.

Having too many sword users hardly stopped Heroes - a fellow FE multiverse crossover title - from being flooded with sword users; the notable exception being Raven from Blazing Blade, who was made into an axe infantry unit rather than a sword infantry unit.

Heroes can get away with it by virtue of characters being easier to make + it's aiming to include as many FE characters as possible.

I guess what really surprises me is that characters like Ike, Hector, Eliwood and Lynn are not being included from the sound of it. At very least I was expecting all the Fire Emblem characters who have a corresponding amiibo to make it into the base game perhaps with a couple ally characters thrown in. Meaning I was expecting that we would at least get Marth, Ike, Chrom, Lucina, Corrin and Roy and perhaps a few close allies for each respective character such as Boyd and Soren for example to accompany Ike. Maybe the Switch version will have a more expansive as well as better representation to the FE series than the 3ds version. Kind of how when Hyrule Warriors Legends came out for the 3ds it had a lot of additional characters in it's base game that was only included for the wii u through DLC or so I've heard. It's also true we don't know what the cast will be yet I would prefer not to get too pessimistic just yet and wait till we know more specifics about the game. 

23 minutes ago, SavageVolug said:

I guess what really surprises me is that characters like Ike, Hector, Eliwood and Lynn are not being included from the sound of it. At very least I was expecting all the Fire Emblem characters who have a corresponding amiibo to make it into the base game perhaps with a couple ally characters thrown in. Meaning I was expecting that we would at least get Marth, Ike, Chrom, Lucina, Corrin and Roy and perhaps a few close allies for each respective character such as Boyd and Soren for example to accompany Ike. Maybe the Switch version will have a more expansive as well as better representation to the FE series than the 3ds version. Kind of how when Hyrule Warriors Legends came out for the 3ds it had a lot of additional characters in it's base game that was only included for the wii u through DLC or so I've heard. It's also true we don't know what the cast will be yet I would prefer not to get too pessimistic just yet and wait till we know more specifics about the game. 

The difference is that Hyrule Warriors originally was intended to be a Wii U exclusive before it was transported to the 3DS. Fire Emblem Warriors is being released for both the Switch and N3DS at the same time, so it is expected that they will be identical (the Switch might have more modes though).

This just about killed my excitement for the game. The OCs look incredibly generic. Their excuse about "too many swords" is complete and utter BS, since Marth, Chrom, Corrin, Xander and Ryoma all wield swords and the OCs do the same. Just admit that you're pandering to the new fans only. 

5 hours ago, Night Zap said:

This just about killed my excitement for the game. The OCs look incredibly generic. Their excuse about "too many swords" is complete and utter BS, since Marth, Chrom, Corrin, Xander and Ryoma all wield swords and the OCs do the same. Just admit that you're pandering to the new fans only. 

Do new fans even know that much about marth and his comrads?

Besides if all of them use swords then the other units from the series should be more varied then right?

2 minutes ago, Thany said:

Besides if all of them use swords then the other units from the series should be more varied then right?

in the US, probably not

but I believe fe3 was the best selling FE game in japan, and that story has been in a total of 4 games so far, which can still be downloaded on the eShop (aside from maybe FE12 i'm not sure about that one)

so I think it's probably pretty popular over there

23 minutes ago, Thany said:

I played Shadow Dragon...I didn't particularly like it, but I played it.

7 hours ago, Night Zap said:

I'd be inclined to agree with this sentiment, if EVERY MUSOU GAME EVER MADE DIDN'T DO THE SAME THING.

Both the Gundam and Zelda Musou's only picked characters from 3 franchises and called it a day.

The "too many swords" thing is legit, as the weapons triangle is in this.

> every musou game ever does the same thing

lol

7 hours ago, Night Zap said:

I think it's a bullshit excuse too, though, I'm not gonna fill your screen up with armchair philosophies about sales and popularity or wank in your face to weapon diversity and weapon triangle, so no worries there. I'll just say this about that, It's likely they're just playing it safe(or so I assume), nothing inherently wrong with that, really. Just try not to let that bog down any interest you may have had.

Edited by Soledai

1 hour ago, Thany said:

I've played all of Marth's games, and have beaten both Shadow Dragon and New Mystery of the Emblem.  'Course, I couldn't really "get to know" a large majority of the cast since... well, it's freakin' massive, and unlike Fates or Awakening, you can't grind skirmishes.  But I know about the big boys and girls; Hardin, Minerva, Ogma and his rhyme-scheme fighters (plus Barst), the Whitewings, Merric, Linde, the Clerics, the Christmas Cavaliers, etc.

Also, I'm definitely in the minority in this regard, since the games are mostly Japan only.  But like Unique said, it's all the rage in Japan, and I'm sure both Shadow Dragon and New Mystery helped bring the series back from the brink in Japan.

@Soledai Browse the FE gamefaqs boards and you'll quickly learn to not take him seriously.

@Thany Marth's basically the series' poster child because of Smash and Heroes wasn't too skimpy on the Archanea representation. Even though they're on slightly different levels, it's like FF7-- most people can name Cloud off the top of their head.

What I'm getting at is that literally the first thing we saw of the game was that three of the Shield of Seals' five orbs where filled with swords from the financially most succesful game in the series. And then they even give swords to the generic OCs. The distribution does seem quite biased here. 

I also don't really think Hyrule Warriors can be compared to this case. The three games they picked are pretty different, and OoT, the most popular of the bunch, doesn't get much more exposure then the very devisive TP and SS. Also, the major characters (Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Impa) where original reincarnations, instead of being tied to any canon game.

There are more then enough major characters from the games that won't be represented who don't use swords (From the top of my head, I can think of Hector, Ephraim, Arvis and Micaiah). If they don't want more swords, including these characters shouldn't be a problem.

I kinda understand now that part of the reason they probably want the safe bet of getting money by putting in the big games' people is that they are scared that if they put in less "recognizable" casts, more people will be estranged as many FE fans probably haven't played any Musou games and would be put off completely without many characters they know. Not probably the only reason, but just an idea. Still not a great excuse either way, but I understand that money makes the world go round whether we like it or not. Just hope that 90% of the DLC is people from other games.