New info on FE Warriors

https://www.famitsu.com/news/201705/30134077.html

Judging from the link above we're getting original Lords. The fact that they hold their weapons identically makes me think they're akin to the avatars of New Mystery, Awakening and Fates. I think they could have some customization options. But who knows.

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw this and called it! but it looks to be like their in the same scenes with Marth so like Eirika and Ephraim as sibling lords but them being Avatars in a DQ Heroes sense or customizable to an extent is possible since its not new to Warriors.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

Hm... From the sound of it, it looks like they're both in the story as original character. We'll get information on Marth and Chrom as well.

It's possible that they are set up similiar to Dragon Quest Heroes where you get to choose whether the male or female character will be the main character of the story (which changes a couple things) which would mean that they are the closest things the game will have to Avatars.

Edited by Folt

A sibling duo? In Fire Emblem? This is revolutionary!

I see the "identical outfits, but women show thighs" tradition is alive and well, too. 

To be a little less snarky, it says 10 and 13 to the bottom right of the new female character, so maybe it'll be released at least in Japan on the 13:th of October? This also looks a lot less flashy, which I see as a good thing, because I was expecting something very close to Heroes in terms of designs. Of course, speaking of designs, in that small image it almost looks like the protagonists are Owain and Ophelia with short hair.

Just now, Thane said:

A sibling duo? In Fire Emblem? This is revolutionary!

I see the "identical outfits, but women show thighs" tradition is alive and well, too. 
Yo
To be a little less snarky, it says 10 and 13 to the bottom right of the new female character, so maybe it'll be released at least in Japan on the 13:th of October? This also looks a lot less flashy, which I see as a good thing, because I was expecting something very close to Heroes in terms of designs. Of course, speaking of designs, in that small image it almost looks like the protagonists are Owain and Ophelia with short hair.

Nah, those are page numbers.

You're not the first to make that mistake : P

In the pictures, I also see them speaking to someone whose silouette I don't recognize, so it seems like there's another OG character there as well. No idea who that is.

Anyway, I speculate that we'll get to name the twins (Zion and Lian according to Google Translate) and get an option to customize them down the line.

9 minutes ago, Sayyyaka said:

I don't think you have to worry about Marth's waifu getting in.

...Eh, I'm apprehensive. At the very least, I can get a substitute in terms of "all I'm looking for from Caeda is a pegasus knight." Pegasus Smash is now the only appealing factor to me.

1 hour ago, Thane said:

Of course, speaking of designs, in that small image it almost looks like the protagonists are Owain and Ophelia with short hair.

Tbh, that wouldn't be a bad thing.

28 minutes ago, Sayyyaka said:

Yawn.

Screenshot_20170530-070506.jpg

Oh. I guess no Lyon, then? Well, my hype has been decreased now.

3 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

...Eh, I'm apprehensive. At the very least, I can get a substitute in terms of "all I'm looking for from Caeda is a pegasus knight." Pegasus Smash is now the only appealing factor to me.

But Caeda is one of the most popular character from Archanea. There is little chance for her to not be in the game.

1 minute ago, The Malign Knight said:

But Caeda is one of the most popular character from Archanea. There is little chance for her to not be in the game.

Honestly, I can never tell.

At any rate, I stand at "Caeda's probably in, but if not, Sumia, Cordelia, or one of the Whitewings might be. If none of the above make it, I may or may not lose all faith in IS."

37 minutes ago, Sayyyaka said:

Yawn.

well, I've lost interest in this

although i'm almost kinda happy about this since I don't have a 3ds and I was kinda wondering if I should get the new kind so I could play this

now that I know it'll largely feature characters I don't care about, I'll feel a lot less bad about not being able to play it

41 minutes ago, Sayyyaka said:

Yawn.

Welp. Expected, but disappointing. Going to take a lot to get me interested again. Thought they'd learn from TMS.

Anyways, the new characters look generic as heck.

Edited by The DanMan

I expected as much. Good thing that means they're taking characters from two of my three favorite FEs. Then, they'll be able to build on it, adding more characters from more games for the sequel/DLC.

1 minute ago, Folt said:

I expected as much. Good thing that means they're taking characters from two of my three favorite FEs. Then, they'll be able to build on it, adding more characters from more games for the sequel/DLC.

Yeah, there's no way Ike, Lyn and Roy aren't on the way in one form or another. Gotta milk those sweet sweet polls.

Really, they should just be honest and say they want the sweet modern FE cash instead of coming up with that explanation about avoiding excess sword wielders. As if there aren't tons of characters across all games that don't use swords, or as if there's some rule that if you include a game, the Lord MUST be included as well. If anything, focusing on Fates and Awakening leads to the biggest excess of sword units, as they have the highest amount of important characters who use swords. Chrom, Robin, Lucina, Corrin, Xander, and Ryoma.

I know, follow the money, but I'd be more inclined to respect it if they were simply honest about it rather than making up such a transparent excuse.

Expected this, which is why I wasn't particularly interested in this game in the first place.  Talk about a boring selection of games.

1 minute ago, Thane said:

Yeah, there's no way Ike, Lyn and Roy aren't on the way in one form or another. Gotta milk those sweet sweet polls.

Maybe I'm interpreting nuance where there isn't any, but the translated quote did say "generally".  It might be fair to assume that they could be in.