Bond Conversations

Thane

Hello everyone.

So, according to Gematsu, we'll have some form of support conversations ranging from serious to goofy. Now, since we know we'll only have characters from three games - and I hope we can have a discussion without too much whining about that - we can start imagining what kind of conversations we want or expect to see in the game. 

Now, I'll be boring and immediately go for Lucina having a conversation with Marth, and Catria one with Cordelia. It's not the most creative options, and hell I believe Awakening's DLC even had those pairs interact in combat, but I do want to see that regardless.

How about you guys?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Caeda and Sumia they also interacted in one of the DLC maps. Though I kind of doubt if Sumia will make the cut. A more left field one could be Merric and Henry since they seem like opposite ends of the spectrum.

9 minutes ago, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

But seriously, I want to see Chrom and Lucina talk to Marth because ancestry and whatnot.

You do realize Catria will get into the game rather than Palla, because Catria is best girl, right?

I'm not sure what the dialogue in Hyrule Warriors was like, but for people unfamiliar with Koei Tecmo and the Warriors games I wouldn't expect much other than goofiness.

Edited by Tryhard

4 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

I'm not sure what the dialogue in Hyrule Warriors was like, but for people unfamiliar with Koei Tecmo and the Warriors games I wouldn't expect much other than goofiness.

Well, it was Zelda so it was kind of light on dialogue, but it tended to lean serious. Can you really see Ganondorf goofing off?

9 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Well, it was Zelda so it was kind of light on dialogue, but it tended to lean serious. Can you really see Ganondorf goofing off?

I have seen many an internet comic/meme. I could indeed.

36 minutes ago, Thane said:

You do realize Catria will get into the game rather than Palla, because Catria is best girl, right?

AHEM

I feel like the Whitewings will be assists at best, if they even have that system.

I want Lyn to talk to Lucina.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

5 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

AHEM

I feel like the Whitewings will be assists at best, if they even have that system.

I want Lyn to talk to Lucina.

I imagine they would actually get along fairly well. They are both kind of fish out of water with Lucina coming from a future where society is basically gone and Lyn coming from an entirely different culture.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

I imagine they would actually get along fairly well. They are both kind of fish out of water with Lucina coming from a future where society is basically gone and Lyn coming from an entirely different culture.

I hope a theme they touch on is a child's duty to their parents.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I hope a theme they touch on is a child's duty to their parents.

They might also touch on their shared terrible sense of fashion. It could go either way. A serious one would be nice, but they like their silly ones.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

They might also touch on their shared terrible sense of fashion. It could go either way. A serious one would be nice, but they like their silly ones.

Does Lyn have a terrible sense of fashion? I don't remember anything relating to that.

Man, if Ephraim made it into Warriors, I would love to see a Chrom x Ephraim bonding session so I can relive the first Heroes Voting Gauntlet...

As for further ideas...

1. Marth x Chrom, Marth x Lucina (Same continent, thousands of years later. Also, the classic Lucina disguising herself as Marth thing. [Will we have a Marth disguising himself as Lucina in Warriors?...])
2. Walhart x Alm, Walhart x Celica (Even though I expect Alm & Celica to be DLC, this is something I would like to see. Does Walhart go too far for Alm and Celica's tastes?)
3. Adult!Tiki x Young!Tiki (Future and Past interactions! I think I see a theme here...)
4. Camus x Xander (Talking about loyalty and personal beliefs most likely.)
5. Robin x Azura (I just want to see Robin come up with superior strategy than Azura and call her out on her BS tactics. :D)
6. Caeda x Camilla (Pure Pegasus Knight vs Sultry Wyvern Knight.)
7. Corrin x Chrom (A reference to the Before Awakening DLC?)
8. Corrin x Robin (Avatar interactions!)
9. Chrom x Ephraim (Battle Brothers)
10. Camus x Alm (I am not the person you think you know.)
11. Takumi x Caeda (Caeda tries out her "Do you believe in love" routine with Takumi. Hilarity ensures?)
12. Lucina x Azura (Perhaps Azura tries to teach Lucina how to dance and sing?)

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Well for starters, this is Serra we're talking about. Also, I think it's just cultural differences there.

Maybe, I'd have to actually find and read that specific support. Still, maybe Lucina would like her outfit. But the fish out of water connection would probably work best.

14 minutes ago, Sire said:

2. Walhart x Alm, Walhart x Celica (Even though I expect Alm & Celica to be DLC, this is something I would like to see. Does Walhart go too far for Alm and Celica's tastes?)

Pretty sure Celica and Echoes!Alm would be compeltely appalled.

Awakening!Alm would give him a high five.

3 minutes ago, Light Strategist said:

Lucina thinks the bear hat is cute despite nobody else really liking it.

Let's be honest, we really don't know what she wouldn't like. I'm not sure that she's ever been stated to not like an outfit. Plus I really disregard the audio books/mangas.

1 hour ago, Thane said:

Oooooooooh boy. I am glaring at you so hard right now.

Honestly, I feel like they wouldn't have just one of the Whitewings. I feel like they would have Caeda and Minerva instead. Which is fine imo.

So, I'm assuming the bond conversations are three parts, similar to WO3 and the FE series itself.

2 hours ago, Folt said:

Robin and Leo bonding over strategy.

I want this as well.

Robin/Leo: A more solemn conversation. (C) Leo asks how Robin would formulate a strategy to deal with a trusted officer that has betrayed their forces. Robin responds that he would try to reason with them. Leo is thoroughly unimpressed and somewhat offended. Robin is taken aback. (B) Robin approaches Leo, apologizing about their previous encounter. Leo accepts, seemingly recovered from before, and inquires if Robin has come up with an answer. Robin instead poses his own question: why should Leo care of Robin's opinion? He knows Leo to be a pragmatic individual willing to strike down any that endangers his cause. Logically, in the case of dealing with a "trusted ally," Leo should do what he has always done in such a case. Is that not right? Leo becomes flustered and flees. Robin is thoughtful. (A) Robin manages to corner the dodgy Leo. He bluntly asks if one of Leo's allies is on the opposing side. Leo responds in the negative but admits that he is worried his emotions may keep him from doing what is right should it happen, thereby bringing more harm to his forces for allowing the betrayer to live. Robin understands but reaffirms his previous position: he would attempt to reason with the betrayer, if only to see if they have another motive besides malice. Leo is still hesitant to accept that answer, completely doubting himself in such a position; perhaps he is not as practical as he - and everyone else - believes him to be. The Tactician assures that if such a time were to come, Leo should come to Robin, so that he could offer whatever support possible to ease Leo's burden. The Dark Knight is embarrassed but voices his thanks.

. . . And I know this will never happen, but a girl can totally dream. Ugh.

Edited by saisymbolic

15 minutes ago, saisymbolic said:

So, I'm assuming the bond conversations are three parts, similar to WO3 and the FE series itself.

I want this as well.

Robin/Leo: A more solemn conversation. (C) Leo asks how Robin would formulate a strategy to deal with a trusted officer that has betrayed their forces. Robin responds that he would try to reason with them. Leo is thoroughly unimpressed and somewhat offended. Robin is taken aback. (B) Robin approaches Leo, apologizing about their previous encounter. Leo accepts, seemingly recovered from before, and inquires if Robin has come up with an answer. Robin instead poses his own question: why should Leo care of Robin's opinion? He knows Leo to be a pragmatic individual willing to strike down any that endangers his cause. Logically, in the case of dealing with a "trusted ally," Leo should do what he has always done in such a case. Is that not right? Leo becomes flustered and flees. Robin is thoughtful. (A) Robin manages to corner the dodgy Leo. He bluntly asks if one of Leo's allies is on the opposing side. Leo responds in the negative but admits that he is worried his emotions may keep him from doing what is right should it happen, thereby bringing more harm to his forces for allowing the betrayer to live. Robin understands but reaffirms his previous position: he would attempt to reason with the betrayer, if only to see if they have another motive besides malice. Leo is still hesitant to accept that answer, completely doubting himself in such a position; perhaps he is not a practical as he - and everyone else - believes him to be. The Tactician assures that if such a time were to come, Leo should come to Robin, so that he could offer whatever support possible to ease Leo's burden. The Dark Knight is embarrassed but voices his thanks.

. . . And I know this will never happen, but a girl can totally dream. Ugh.

Fitting seeing as Robin was on the betraying end himself against his will.

2 hours ago, Thane said:

Nah. Palla's just humble about her greatness

But seriously, I'm of the mind that if they add Whitewings, we're likely to see all of them or none of them.

Still, while I don't typically think about this kind of thing, I'll be boring too and say: 
Lucina with anyone, really.
Marth with both the OC twins
Camus and Michalis(they know they want to add these two and they doubly know they want this to happen >:u)

Hm, that's pretty much it off the top of my head.

Edited by Soledai