Introducing KageroChart, a Growing FEH Fansite

Winsomniak

30 minutes ago, Winsomniak said:

I would be interested to know if others share your opinion or not, definitely. Coloring should act as a visual aid beyond meter width in theory.

This is not an opion. I am legitimately confused as to why they are presenting this information. I don't understand it beyond "it looks nice" or "cool trivia". If you could teach me how to use this information, it would be lovely.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Instead of "Max Stats" you could do a "Stats Variation" and have something that looks like:
HP    :  5 / 6 / 7
ATK  :  1 / 2 / 3

With the default stat standing out significantly to people can easily tell their IVs.

12 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Instead of "Max Stats" you could do a "Stats Variation" and have something that looks like:
HP    :  5 / 6 / 7
ATK  :  1 / 2 / 3

With the default stat standing out significantly to people can easily tell their IVs.

I think you mean base stats, but yes this is on the list!

15 minutes ago, Clogon said:

This is not an opion. I am legitimately confused as to why they are presenting this information. I don't understand it beyond "it looks nice" or "cool trivia". If you could teach me how to use this information, it would be lovely.

Its just a threshold, e.g. if the hero has >= 80% the top value for a given stat ( effie's attack for example) it displays green. This also means the meter is 80% full or more.

Obviously this needs some additional  markup for clarity, but it is just a visual que in addition to how full the meter is.

Edited by Winsomniak

Quick note. The Battle Sim is missing the swap button. :3
I like how that page scales. Despite probably a few improvements here and there, it looks pretty good. This is what happens when I zoom the page to 60%.

Spoiler

a.thumb.png.36c558b7f8059791333d2a1958176d42.png

Edited by Lyrai

On 5/30/2017 at 9:53 PM, Ice Dragon said:

Please call them natures instead of IVs. I'd rather not have that cancer spread. That is my only request.

For now.

IVs are so much faster to type, though. (And, because Heroes doesn't actually have IVs, there's no confusion when you use the term. If this were pokemon I'd get shot---or shoot myself---if I called natures IVs. But in this game they can be used as synonyms.)

Edit:

@Winsomniak Just a little QoL thing, but it'd be nice if the battle calculator swapped the 'active team' when you go from one vs. all to all vs. one. Or just give the old 'swap team' button back for those two pages. As it is, I have to go back to the 1v1 mode to click the <=> button every time I want to test a character's defenses after testing their offenses.

Edited by DehNutCase

10 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

IVs are so much faster to type, though. (And, because Heroes doesn't actually have IVs, there's no confusion when you use the term. If this were pokemon I'd get shot---or shoot myself---if I called natures IVs. But in this game they can be used as synonyms.)

Edit:

@Winsomniak Just a little QoL thing, but it'd be nice if the battle calculator swapped the 'active team' when you go from one vs. all to all vs. one. Or just give the old 'swap team' button back for those two pages. As it is, I have to go back to the 1v1 mode to click the <=> button every time I want to test a character's defenses after testing their offenses.

This please, I miss the swap arrows button especially when I'm using my tablet to check.

Also even on my tablet, it's slightly annoying how the 2nd column (Defender) is below the Attacker column, unlike before when it was side by side in my tablet.

edit: Ok I just had to turn my tablet horizontally, but it's still annoying going down the list (it was easier to read the long list below when it was vertical). Just food for thought maybe?

23 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

(And, because Heroes doesn't actually have IVs, there's no confusion when you use the term. If this were pokemon I'd get shot---or shoot myself---if I called natures IVs. But in this game they can be used as synonyms.)

There's no confusion for people who already know how the mechanic works.

Dumb questions exist because the people doing the teaching did a shit job of teaching and using three different sets of terminology for the same damned thing is doing a shit job of teaching. (Or because the other person wasn't listening, but that's not something you have control over.)

3 hours ago, Lyrai said:

Quick note. The Battle Sim is missing the swap button. :3
I like how that page scales. Despite probably a few improvements here and there, it looks pretty good. This is what happens when I zoom the page to 60%.

Reveal hidden contents

a.thumb.png.36c558b7f8059791333d2a1958176d42.png

I moved the swap button because when the screen size is too small it ends up several screens down, but now it is hidden when you change to "all vs one" etc. I'll address this soon.

2 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

Edit:

Yep same problem hehe

2 hours ago, mcsilas said:

This please, I miss the swap arrows button especially when I'm using my tablet to check.

Also even on my tablet, it's slightly annoying how the 2nd column (Defender) is below the Attacker column, unlike before when it was side by side in my tablet.

edit: Ok I just had to turn my tablet horizontally, but it's still annoying going down the list (it was easier to read the long list below when it was vertical). Just food for thought maybe?

You should be able to zoom in/out if the view is off slightly. The responsive layout is a work in progress, a lot of things are still fixed width until I finish gutting the table layouts. 

In case you guys missed it, I put a link in there to use the legacy version. This should ease any pain while I work out the kinks. I expect to address most or all of the issues this weekend and have things mobile friendly.

Thanks for the feedback folks!

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

There's no confusion for people who already know how the mechanic works.

Dumb questions exist because the people doing the teaching did a shit job of teaching and using three different sets of terminology for the same damned thing is doing a shit job of teaching. (Or because the other person wasn't listening, but that's not something you have control over.)

Quite literally. I never once cared about IVs on Pokemon at all. It took me a while for me to learn what IV even meant until I learnt the meaning behind this mysterious 4 abbreviation as Individual Values and then learn through it afterwards.

@Winsomniak, if you can, you can also place these variables on each heroes along with a link that pops up the definition of Individual Values (IV). That'll help anyone who reads it. The game tutorial does mention "heroes summoned can be the same heroes but with different stats", as well. :)

6 minutes ago, Winsomniak said:

You should be able to zoom in/out if the view is off slightly. The responsive layout is a work in progress, a lot of things are still fixed width until I finish gutting the table layouts. 

In case you guys missed it, I put a link in there to use the legacy version. This should ease any pain while I work out the kinks. I expect to address most or all of the issues this weekend and have things mobile friendly.

Thanks for the feedback folks!

I appreciate your dedication, but your personal health is my primary concern. Please do not overdo it, okay? We can wait. :^_^:

Edited by Lyrai

9 hours ago, Lyrai said:

I appreciate your dedication, but your personal health is my primary concern. Please do not overdo it, okay? We can wait. :^_^:

I'm the type to overdo it or not do it at all. haha

The combat simulator should be mobile friendly now and runs more efficiently. Let me know if you guys find any bugs or issues. I do still need to do something different with the swap arrow as was previously suggested, but I may have missed some legitimate bugs. I had to re-do a large portion of the application to get this fast and looking good (my opinion)

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks

10 hours ago, Winsomniak said:

The combat simulator should be mobile friendly now and runs more efficiently. Let me know if you guys find any bugs or issues. I do still need to do something different with the swap arrow as was previously suggested, but I may have missed some legitimate bugs. I had to re-do a large portion of the application to get this fast and looking good (my opinion)

Thanks

The buff/spurslider is not as responsive as the old version.Now i need to change weapon/switch from 1v1 -> 1vall to seemy result

It also used to lag whenever i switched character in the calcs(around an hour ago) but it seems to be getting better

Something I always thought would be cool, is if I could make an account and set up my team.  It could do things like automatically tell me all my IVs which can be an annoyance if I forget the IV of someone and they have a bunch of + skills / weapons on them.  Additionally, you could swap in and out different skills to see how it influences their stat.  For example, maybe you have the 10th highest hp and you equip hp+5.  You could easily see that you now have the highest HP in the game, which could be useful in determining skills like that one that gives you extra speed for having more hp.  Or, you could see how desperation and vantage differ and which one will allow you to kill which units.

I have one question for @Winsomniak

First off, your name is pretty awesome

Second thing, why "Kagero" chart. Why did you pick her over anyone else? Lol

I'm just curious is all. I only use your site for the damage calculator and I don't have any problems with it or criticisms for it so far so yeah. I like it :D:

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

I'm just curious is all. I only use your site for the damage calculator and I don't have any problems with it or criticisms for it so far so yeah. I like it :D:

He mentioned the name was based off of this post on reddit.

On 6/4/2017 at 6:25 AM, Winsomniak said:

It works great, but I think I find some slowdowns when adding another hero to the list. It might just need a few optimization tweaks.
There's also a problem of this just like JSND explained:

17 hours ago, JSND said:

The buff/spur slider is not as responsive as the old version.Now i need to change weapon/switch from 1v1 -> 1vall to seemy result

How about trying the dropdown option just like in the legacy version instead? It might be easier to update that way.

I have a suggestion as well. Perhaps you can hide the whole Defender tab when looking at One vs All, and switch to Defender tab while looking at All vs One? Include the swap button as well if possible.

Once it's done, expand the combat tab to include the damage column (and try improving damage counter to the exact same as what's shown ingame, for example 32 x 2, or 20+30 x 2, etc), and also place it on a scroll box on a height just like the rest, so that we don't have to scroll all the way down the page.

That's all, I guess. Keep up the good work. :^_^:

On 6/2/2017 at 10:47 PM, Winsomniak said:

I'm the type to overdo it or not do it at all. haha

It's fine as long as you're healthy. ;)

Edited by Lyrai

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm working on a list of quality of life requests people have to implement in the next week or two. Keep 'em coming.

I pushed out a new version of the calc a couple hours ago and addressed a few of the concerns mentioned here, namely the swap button being inaccessible and collapsing menus. Let me know if you find any issues!

Work in progress preview: https://kagerochart.com/tools/skill-inheritance

This one is more of a restyling. We'll see if I can get it mobile friendly with pure CSS (ideal since I don't want to maintain more applications)

14 hours ago, Arcanite said:

This was a joke initially haha. A friend of mine and I go back and forth about how ridiculous we can make a domain name and still get traffic. For example, it could have been kagero.yoga or kagero.fishing. 

I chose KageroChart because of the thread @MrSmokestack mentioned, yeah

On 6/3/2017 at 7:25 PM, Winsomniak said:

Thanks

Good work so far, but on mobile things are kinda overlapping in the combat sim.

Spoiler

Edited by Kiran

3 hours ago, Kiran said:

Good work so far, but on mobile things are kinda overlapping in the combat sim.

Hide contents

Screenshot_20170605-074513.thumb.png.a9ade785959e636a9568e362ffcc0c7e.png

what browser? 

3 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

The build calculator looks nice, but a sacred seals dropdown is missing. (yeah wip I get it but still)

I think its more for planning skill inheritance but I can see about adding that functionality.

7 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

@Winsomniak @Kiran I'm using Chrome and the drop-downs weren't functioning at all until I cleared my cache. Now it works fine.

Yeah I screwed up and set the header to cache JS on client. Should hopefully not happen again :/

4 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Cleared my cache. Still overlaps. :(

OS and Browser version? Tough to get things 100% consistent, I am only testing chrome and firefox on 2 devices.