Introducing KageroChart, a Growing FEH Fansite

Winsomniak

3 hours ago, Winsomniak said:

Hey Astellius,

This is exactly the type of feedback I am looking for (why you use other sites and not mine) so thank you! 

#1 is something I'll probably have done this weekend as one of my regulars in discord has been asking for it  for a couple weeks.

#2 is often requested and I am re-prioritizing it, thanks for reminding me

#3 I'll put this on the list, but I probably won't be making any serious changes to the battle simulator for the next couple months at least

#4 The hero index is just sorting by number of heroes in a given group. Do you personally prefer a tile based index like this, or a table like most other sites feature?  I have people in both camps giving feedback so I may need to just have a layout switcher in there at some point.

Excellent! Thank you, I look forward to seeing how it turns out. The #1 & 2 are the big ones for me, since planning out skill inheritance is one of the main things I use the other sites.

#3 is mostly just a convenience thing.

For #4, I see what you mean, but I think color coordinating the columns would be a better layout. And I prefer the tile based index, you can actually find a character you want to look up if you use it. The tables are pretty awful, I would never use one of those if I wanted to find a character. But I mostly just use the search bar.

Hope this helps!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Astellius said:

Excellent! Thank you, I look forward to seeing how it turns out. The #1 & 2 are the big ones for me, since planning out skill inheritance is one of the main things I use the other sites.

#1 is in as promised! Hopefully this is what you had in mind. The same functionality can be applied to any index/list so let me know if you find any others you think should be grouped.

https://kagerochart.com/hero/passives

https://kagerochart.com/hero/weapons

#2 is coming soon (tm). I may make a dedicated page for this, the only thing I saw was an outdated list on reddit under "skill chains" or some such thing.

#4 may or may not be relevant soon, as I'm working on implementing some more sensible design practices for the entire site. Thanks!

@Johann Thanks for the visual! I definitely want to do more of these type of data visualizations moving forward. I need to get some baser features in place first, however. Great idea regardless. I'm the only one working on this, so anything you like the look of was me :P

Edited by Winsomniak

On 02/07/2017 at 8:17 PM, Winsomniak said:

#2 is coming soon (tm). I may make a dedicated page for this, the only thing I saw was an outdated list on reddit under "skill chains" or some such thing.

You could just colour the frames of the heroes. Silver for those who have it at 4* and gold for those who have it at 5*.

The site is getting better every update!

Can you make the search function search for skills too? For example when I search for "Speed", nothing comes up. :( It makes it very difficult to search for skill fodder.

1 hour ago, Clogon said:

You could just colour the frames of the heroes. Silver for those who have it at 4* and gold for those who have it at 5*.

The site is getting better every update!

Can you make the search function search for skills too? For example when I search for "Speed", nothing comes up. :( It makes it very difficult to search for skill fodder.

This is definitely on the list. In the short term, I will likely use a Google Custom Search Engine bar until I have time to create a more robust solution.

Good idea with the border. That would be very space efficient!

Edited by Winsomniak

Just tested it yesterday and this morning, the Override function is a great addition ! So much helpful !

Edit : I just find something. My M!Robin (+Spd -Res) gain a +1 in HP and Spd when merged. The calculator show a +1HP and Atk.

Edited by Ledrert

9 hours ago, Ledrert said:

Just tested it yesterday and this morning, the Override function is a great addition ! So much helpful !

Edit : I just find something. My M!Robin (+Spd -Res) gain a +1 in HP and Spd when merged. The calculator show a +1HP and Atk.

There may be a bug in the original author's merge functionality. You can correct these type of things by changing the stats manually for now. Thanks for reporting!

@Winsomniak Hey thanks for the awesome site! Just wanted to check if the cache issue in the duel calculator has been fixed yet because I still have it once in a while on my iphone? I tried clearing cache etc but it didn't really work...

Also, would it be possible for the site to 'memorize' my team so that I don't have to reinput them? (On iphone the site will refresh if I go to another website for a while, so I have to retype things quite often).

3 hours ago, Okigen said:

@Winsomniak Hey thanks for the awesome site! Just wanted to check if the cache issue in the duel calculator has been fixed yet because I still have it once in a while on my iphone? I tried clearing cache etc but it didn't really work...

Also, would it be possible for the site to 'memorize' my team so that I don't have to reinput them? (On iphone the site will refresh if I go to another website for a while, so I have to retype things quite often).

Hey @Okigen

There should not be any caching issues, what type of problems are you having?

Team saving is something I will most likely do after I get the build creator finished. Until then, there is an import/export feature tab in the combat log section. Pretty rough but it works.

@Winsomniak when I try to customise the hero, the box just freezes, for instance instead of showing +spd it will show nothing (an empty box, not a single text). The battle simulation will not run. It may resume working after a couple of  minutes. 

Edited by Okigen

1 hour ago, Okigen said:

@Winsomniak when I try to customise the hero, the box just freezes, for instance instead of showing +spd it will show nothing (an empty box, not a single text). The battle simulation will not run. It may resume working after a couple of  minutes. 

You using a super old PC or phone? That sounds like performance related problems. No one else has reported this, and I have not been able to reproduce it. Sorry :(

I forgot to request something previously. Can you please add the BST of a unit? It would be nice to have. Please also include min and max BST due to +/-4 boons and banes.

Edit:

Can you also make clicking on the search results redirect the current page instead of opening a new tab/window?

Edited by Clogon

9 hours ago, Clogon said:

I forgot to request something previously. Can you please add the BST of a unit? It would be nice to have. Please also include min and max BST due to +/-4 boons and banes.

Edit:

Can you also make clicking on the search results redirect the current page instead of opening a new tab/window?

Will you clarify your request for BST please? This should be on the hero pages and charts already so I don't quite understanding what you are asking for.

Search results should open in the same window now if they weren't already.

Thanks

1 hour ago, Winsomniak said:

Will you clarify your request for BST please? This should be on the hero pages and charts already so I don't quite understanding what you are asking for.

Going off this, would it be possible to space out the BST a bit from the other stats.  Most are used to looking at the last one as res so BST makes it harder to glance at the stats without reading the labels.

11 hours ago, Winsomniak said:

Sorry, I should have been more precise. Many Heroes have Variable BST. For example, below is a pic of Nino's Stat Variation. You can see that her 5* RES has +4 instead of +3. This means that her BST goes from 147-148. There are Chars that loses 1 BST due to Stat Variation. Olivia can both lose and gain 1 BST depending on her nature. For the general populace, this might not mean much. However it can greatly help people trying to optimize Arena Points.

zKU7M2t.png

If possible, please add it below the the Max Stat Res value. Thanks!

On 7/2/2017 at 11:17 PM, Winsomniak said:

#1 is in as promised! Hopefully this is what you had in mind. The same functionality can be applied to any index/list so let me know if you find any others you think should be grouped.

https://kagerochart.com/hero/passives

https://kagerochart.com/hero/weapons

I apparently forgot to post my reply to this, but this is certainly an improvement--thanks! I think that the Assists and Specials sections would also benefit from this, since they could be sorted by class type as well.

However, the formatting still makes it difficult to look through, which is why I recommended columns. You currently have it formatted so that it creates a number of columns within a structure based on the size of the window, and then it populates those columns alphabetically by row. This makes it very awkward and slow to sort through. There ends up being a huge amount of space between the next entry in the index, so there's no way to swiftly move from one piece of information to the next. If that's not clear, here are some screenshots to illustrate what I'm talking about:

Spoiler

JatOlsv.jpg

The red arrows show just how much space ends up being between each entry, and it's especially long when you reach the end of a row. This is exacerbated by how frequently you need to do that.

Compare that with the blue marks, which show the small space between what should be the next entry. Indexes are almost universally organized into columns for this reason, because it minimizes the amount of space between each chunk of information, and it reduces the number of large jumps you have to make. If same thing were organized by column rather than by row, you could quickly scan down the columns, and you would only have to make 3 large jumps total, if you were to glance through the whole index.

For comparison, I resized the page so that the script only produces one column, and it's much easier to look through:

soS9w9z.jpg

So columns would be good. The ideal display structure would look something like this:

okkfseS.jpg

This makes it really quick to find which slot the skill is in, and it makes it very easy to scan through the list.

With respect to the Combat Simulator, when Summer Tiki is in the defender's position, it neglects to add the 2 damage she receives from her weapon at the end.

On 7/14/2017 at 0:25 PM, Astellius said:

I apparently forgot to post my reply to this, but this is certainly an improvement--thanks! I think that the Assists and Specials sections would also benefit from this, since they could be sorted by class type as well.

However, the formatting still makes it difficult to look through, which is why I recommended columns. You currently have it formatted so that it creates a number of columns within a structure based on the size of the window, and then it populates those columns alphabetically by row. This makes it very awkward and slow to sort through. There ends up being a huge amount of space between the next entry in the index, so there's no way to swiftly move from one piece of information to the next. If that's not clear, here are some screenshots to illustrate what I'm talking about:

Reveal hidden contents

JatOlsv.jpg

The red arrows show just how much space ends up being between each entry, and it's especially long when you reach the end of a row. This is exacerbated by how frequently you need to do that.

Compare that with the blue marks, which show the small space between what should be the next entry. Indexes are almost universally organized into columns for this reason, because it minimizes the amount of space between each chunk of information, and it reduces the number of large jumps you have to make. If same thing were organized by column rather than by row, you could quickly scan down the columns, and you would only have to make 3 large jumps total, if you were to glance through the whole index.

For comparison, I resized the page so that the script only produces one column, and it's much easier to look through:

soS9w9z.jpg

So columns would be good. The ideal display structure would look something like this:

okkfseS.jpg

This makes it really quick to find which slot the skill is in, and it makes it very easy to scan through the list.

With respect to the Combat Simulator, when Summer Tiki is in the defender's position, it neglects to add the 2 damage she receives from her weapon at the end.

A few people have complained about the left => right listing and this will be addressed . Will check into the 2 damage thing as well.

Small fixes are currently noted but not being fixed until I finish a major design update. Please keep the reports coming. 

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

For the new Beta calculator, the bonus and penalty is label is flipped.

Spoiler

5t6h6nm.png

vetuPkE.png

The beta calculator also gave Frederick 28 neutral Speed. Frederick has 25 neutral Speed.

Edited by XRay

Not sure if this has been suggested or not but have you considered displaying the description of weapons skills on the character's page? I know that you can just click on the skill name for its description but I think it'd be convenient if we can see it under to the skill in question. 

19 hours ago, tobuShogi said:

Not sure if this has been suggested or not but have you considered displaying the description of weapons skills on the character's page? I know that you can just click on the skill name for its description but I think it'd be convenient if we can see it under to the skill in question. 

I may change things up in the future, but if you are on desktop you can hover for the description. Any reason you are interested specifically in weapons and not passives, specials etc?

PSA:

Edited by Winsomniak

1 hour ago, Winsomniak said:

I may change things up in the future, but if you are on desktop you can hover for the description. Any reason you are interested specifically in weapons and not passives, specials etc?

Oh, I didn't know that you can just hover over the skills to get its description. It seems like the description doesn't show up(at least for me it doesn't) when I hover over it for some of the newer skills like Rauorowl+ and Atk Ploy 3.  

There's no particular reason that I specified weapons. It was just the first thing that came to mind. Don't know if you intended it this way but when you click on a passive/special skill, the inheritance restriction attribute says "WEAPONRESTRICT" with no space in between. coding habit? I know some variable names can get out of hand

Edited by tobuShogi

8 hours ago, tobuShogi said:

Oh, I didn't know that you can just hover over the skills to get its description. It seems like the description doesn't show up(at least for me it doesn't) when I hover over it for some of the newer skills like Rauorowl+ and Atk Ploy 3.  

There's no particular reason that I specified weapons. It was just the first thing that came to mind. Don't know if you intended it this way but when you click on a passive/special skill, the inheritance restriction attribute says "WEAPONRESTRICT" with no space in between. coding habit? I know some variable names can get out of hand

That's actually some info from the damage simulator that needs cleaned up. You're seeing raw output without formatting, basically.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Winsomniak said:

Thank you very much, quick link is a very useful feature.

Perhaps I found a small issue: The phantom seal seems to have no effect in the calculator. Here a vanilla Alm with the seal, he got the exact same results as vanilla Alm without seal (he should have better results with the seal, can be checked by manually raised speed).