Introducing KageroChart, a Growing FEH Fansite

Winsomniak

6 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Thank you very much, quick link is a very useful feature.

Perhaps I found a small issue: The phantom seal seems to have no effect in the calculator. Here a vanilla Alm with the seal, he got the exact same results as vanilla Alm without seal (he should have better results with the seal, can be checked by manually raised speed). 

I'll check it out thanks!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just thought of something.  

One of the main reasons I don't end up using Kagerochart is b/c I prefer to google the units name followed by feh.  Kagerochart does not come up before gamepress and the wiki so I end up using them. 

To remedy this, what about a chrome extension that adds a search bar for kagerochart that goes directly to the unit you searched's page.  It would be an extremely quick way to get there, and likely a simple plugin.  That being said, I have no idea how to make a chrome extension and don't know if you do either.

Edited by Lushen

I don;t think Sacae's Blessing is working because whenever I look at one vs all with my Lyn she is getting the counter attack from units like Hector and Ryoma.

On 9/1/2017 at 3:47 PM, Logos said:

I don;t think Sacae's Blessing is working because whenever I look at one vs all with my Lyn she is getting the counter attack from units like Hector and Ryoma.

None of the new abilities that require custom logic are implemented yet. I plan to do them this weekend. These should all be working now. Thanks!

On 9/1/2017 at 9:32 AM, Lushen said:

I just thought of something.  

One of the main reasons I don't end up using Kagerochart is b/c I prefer to google the units name followed by feh.  Kagerochart does not come up before gamepress and the wiki so I end up using them. 

To remedy this, what about a chrome extension that adds a search bar for kagerochart that goes directly to the unit you searched's page.  It would be an extremely quick way to get there, and likely a simple plugin.  That being said, I have no idea how to make a chrome extension and don't know if you do either.

Not a bad idea. Might be easier to just use a bookmark! Search on KageroChart already goes directly to the hero page.

As people continue to link KageroChart pages search rankings will improve. Gamepress/Wiki had a couple month head start and existing content to boost them up.

Edited by Winsomniak

On 8/28/2017 at 9:56 PM, snihctuh said:

Is defiant skills not working yet? I'm looking at defiant def 3 and defiant atk 3 and when I set my HP to half or below it doesn't change the results. 

Defiant skills trigger at the start of turns on the battle map, so they are not assumed to be active in the simulation. You can assign a 7 in the bonus field for the given stat to simulate the buff being active.

12 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@Winsomniak

If i run a buffed Gronnblade Cecilia against Brave Lyn, then i can see the result as shown below in the attached image. It seems that the buffs are nullified by Lyns bow, but anyways Cecilias Gronnblade gets a boost by the buffs. 

calc.png

I'll get this fixed up for the next release. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

I don't mind providing some feedback. I love your site, and it's certainly been INCREDIBLY useful.

The majority of FEH stuff I do online includes: checking natures, researching builds, testing said builds, and making lists upon lists of character information.

I think I use KageroChart only for the battle simulator because it's the most unique feature the site has. I've tried looking a few times, and I haven't found other simulators that are as reliable as this one. I also find it useful for checking the natures of merged units I meet in the Arena since that information isn't just available on your typical stat pages. But I tend to prefer other sites for checking natures because they also offer recommendations for builds as well as optimal boon/bane combinations. The information isn't always OPTIMAL, but it's a starting place for my research. That being said, the battle simulator is the best way to put that research to the test.  As for storing information, I just use Google docs and excel sheets.

If Kagero Chart added a feature that let users store and share character information (checklists, wishlists, training schedules, builds, etc.), I'd definitely use it. But I'm pretty sure the vast majority of players aren't quite as crazy as I am about organizing info. I thought I would just put that out there since you asked.

I can't really go into detail about the site and pages right now since it doesn't work on my work computer (which probably isn't any fault of the site. It's definitely the janky old computer--like it refuses to display numbers on Gamepress for some reason).

Hope this was helpful! :3

While your site no doubt contains a lot of useful information, I don't use it because of the layout.  Between the main menu hidden away, and the tiles, it feels like I'm on a mobile site, despite being on desktop.  Ideally, there would be a version for desktop, because that's where I do 80% of all my research.  I like having a main menu that's visible without me having to click elsewhere, so I can access the information I need as quickly as possible.

The information I access the most are a chart of everyone's max stats, sortable by name/weapon type/individual stat/stat total, an IV calculator, and information about the individual characters.  I don't do simulated battles very often, because there's way too many factors to consider.

For the individual character pages, I like how the skills are the first thing I see, complete with a description and what rarity it unlocks.  The forum markdown looks like a useful feature, which I may take advantage of at some point.  The red on a unit's bane is a bit hard to read, given the dark layout.

Hope this helps!

4 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I don't mind providing some feedback. I love your site, and it's certainly been INCREDIBLY useful.

The majority of FEH stuff I do online includes: checking natures, researching builds, testing said builds, and making lists upon lists of character information.

If Kagero Chart added a feature that let users store and share character information (checklists, wishlists, training schedules, builds, etc.), I'd definitely use it. But I'm pretty sure the vast majority of players aren't quite as crazy as I am about organizing info. I thought I would just put that out there since you asked.

I can't really go into detail about the site and pages right now since it doesn't work on my work computer (which probably isn't any fault of the site. It's definitely the janky old computer--like it refuses to display numbers on Gamepress for some reason).

Hope this was helpful! :3

For sure, thanks @Rafiel's Aria! You are in a similar place as some others, and wanting some guidance rather than raw data makes a lot of sense. Sorry to hear about your computer. A few people have said it doesn't work on their older PC's, I need to pin down exactly how old we are talking.

3 hours ago, eclipse said:

While your site no doubt contains a lot of useful information, I don't use it because of the layout.  Between the main menu hidden away, and the tiles, it feels like I'm on a mobile site, despite being on desktop.  Ideally, there would be a version for desktop, because that's where I do 80% of all my research.  I like having a main menu that's visible without me having to click elsewhere, so I can access the information I need as quickly as possible.

The information I access the most are a chart of everyone's max stats, sortable by name/weapon type/individual stat/stat total, an IV calculator, and information about the individual characters.  I don't do simulated battles very often, because there's way too many factors to consider.

For the individual character pages, I like how the skills are the first thing I see, complete with a description and what rarity it unlocks.  The forum markdown looks like a useful feature, which I may take advantage of at some point.  The red on a unit's bane is a bit hard to read, given the dark layout.

Hope this helps!

Awesome feedback here, thanks @eclipse! Would you prefer if the menu was fixed to the left-hand side in the open position, effectively scrolling with you on the page? 

Is there anything in particular for desktop that you wish was different? For example, tiles are something you point at as "mobile"ish. On mobile, you get a single column in most cases, so the tiles can't really exist outside of desktop, unless you are talking about the hero tiles. 

Some prefer tables to a grid of hero portraits, in case that's what you're talking about.

Hardly anyone uses the forum/reddit markdown stuff, so I'm not sure how useful it really is. Seems like a timesaver to me though!

Cheers

1 minute ago, Winsomniak said:

For sure, thanks @Rafiel's Aria! You are in a similar place as some others, and wanting some guidance rather than raw data makes a lot of sense. Sorry to hear about your computer. A few people have said it doesn't work on their older PC's, I need to pin down exactly how old we are talking.

I couldn't tell you how old my work PC is/was. It was here when I got here about 2 years ago, and it was old enough that it was recently replaced. My new PC looks rather new, but it has the same problem...so it may also have something to do with the internet provider because I can access the site just fine from my phone as well as my laptop at home.

20 minutes ago, Winsomniak said:

Awesome feedback here, thanks @eclipse! Would you prefer if the menu was fixed to the left-hand side in the open position, effectively scrolling with you on the page? 

Is there anything in particular for desktop that you wish was different? For example, tiles are something you point at as "mobile"ish. On mobile, you get a single column in most cases, so the tiles can't really exist outside of desktop, unless you are talking about the hero tiles. 

Some prefer tables to a grid of hero portraits, in case that's what you're talking about.

Hardly anyone uses the forum/reddit markdown stuff, so I'm not sure how useful it really is. Seems like a timesaver to me though!

Cheers

In order:

1. A static menu on the left should do it.  The page loads at the top, so if I really want to get to something, I can just look to the left and click it.
2. The tiles are pretty big, at least on my screen.  Perhaps a waist-up shot of the heroes instead?  It also looks a bit odd to have half the PA banner along with the FE4 crew, so perhaps limit it to the newest banner or two?  In the end, this is the preference of one random person on the Internet.
3. Would it be possible to make some of those containers collapse?  You might be able to "hide" the markdown in that way.  Or, if you're really ambitious, create an API for your site, and program it so typing in something (say, "!Ayra.stats") will bring up Ayra's stats on reddit.  If I used reddit, I'd probably abuse that feature.

To be honest, I checked your site when it was new and got to use only the calculator frequently. For other information, I was already used to check up the gamepedia wiki. 

I like your hero pages, the hero insights are a surprisingly good source for some type of information (didn't know Elincia was the sword unit with lowest HP potential). When a unit has got an exclusive skill, you should group the respective levels together:

• Elincia is the only hero with Flier Formation 1.
  • Elincia is the only hero with Flier Formation 2.
  • Elincia is the only hero with Flier Formation 3.

For me it's also important to have many easy ways to reach those heroes pages. Your hero index is ordered well, but a bit static. I would like to have some custom filters. For example if I try to find an alternative for Anna, because she maxed out her HM, I would filter for infantry axe units, to check if I missed an obvious alternative. Or to build a brave unit, I would like to know which Axe unit got the highest ATK value.

Edited by mampfoid
spoiler removed

1 hour ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I couldn't tell you how old my work PC is/was. It was here when I got here about 2 years ago, and it was old enough that it was recently replaced. My new PC looks rather new, but it has the same problem...so it may also have something to do with the internet provider because I can access the site just fine from my phone as well as my laptop at home.

Safari?

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

In order:

1. A static menu on the left should do it.  The page loads at the top, so if I really want to get to something, I can just look to the left and click it.
2. The tiles are pretty big, at least on my screen.  Perhaps a waist-up shot of the heroes instead?  It also looks a bit odd to have half the PA banner along with the FE4 crew, so perhaps limit it to the newest banner or two?  In the end, this is the preference of one random person on the Internet.
3. Would it be possible to make some of those containers collapse?  You might be able to "hide" the markdown in that way.  Or, if you're really ambitious, create an API for your site, and program it so typing in something (say, "!Ayra.stats") will bring up Ayra's stats on reddit.  If I used reddit, I'd probably abuse that feature.

1) Working on this right now actually, should be much more obvious for people on desktop.
2) Ah, so you are talking about the hero portrait tiles, not the card layout stuff in general. Hero index page or homepage? Regarding the FE4 crew next to PA banner, its just showing you the 8 most recent heroes. Automatic haha.
3) Which containers?  I can do pretty much anything you can imagine, its just a matter of effort and priority  :). I can't add any features to reddit though, markdown is about the best we can do outside of bots posting when you type !Ayra.stats. I actually think those bots are kindof annoying but maybe some people like it?

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

To be honest, I checked your site when it was new and got to use only the calculator frequently. For other information, I was already used to check up the gamepedia wiki. 

I like your hero pages, the hero insights are a surprisingly good source for some type of information (didn't know Elincia was the sword unit with lowest HP potential). When a unit has got an exclusive skill, you should group the respective levels together:

• Elincia is the only hero with Flier Formation 1.
  • Elincia is the only hero with Flier Formation 2.
  • Elincia is the only hero with Flier Formation 3.

For me it's also important to have many easy ways to reach those heroes pages. Your hero index is ordered well, but a bit static. I would like to have some custom filters. For example if I try to find an alternative for Anna, because she maxed out her HM, I would filter for infantry axe units, to check if I missed an obvious alternative. Or to build a brave unit, I would like to know which Axe unit got the highest ATK value.

I need a bit more dynamic sorting and filtering for a handful of pages. "advanced search" if you will.

Thanks folks

38 minutes ago, Winsomniak said:

1) Working on this right now actually, should be much more obvious for people on desktop.

2) Ah, so you are talking about the hero portrait tiles, not the card layout stuff in general. Hero index page or homepage? Regarding the FE4 crew next to PA banner, its just showing you the 8 most recent heroes. Automatic haha.
3) Which containers?  I can do pretty much anything you can imagine, its just a matter of effort and priority  :). I can't add any features to reddit though, markdown is about the best we can do outside of bots posting when you type !Ayra.stats. I actually think those bots are kindof annoying but maybe some people like it?

2. Once the portrait tiles shrink, everything else may have to be resized.  It depends on how big the result is.
3. Whatever the markdown code resides in.  There's a bot for a different gacha game that I occasionally see with that kind of functionality.  It's pretty useful, IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

@Winsomniak

Are you aware of the bug with the mass damage calculator where adding an enemy override for a stat bonus subtracts the value instead of adding the value? For example, setting "-100" as the bonus Atk adds 100 Atk, which can easily be seen by giving all enemies Distant Counter or Close Counter and -100 bonus Atk and seeing your attacker accumulate a hundred losses.

I haven't thoroughly tested the penalty and spur values since I typically don't use them.