Famitsu 15th June Issue (i.e. the leaked info)

Just in case anyone was wary of the leaks.

Any oddities or inconsistencies, please let me know.

Note: I cut out some fluff while I'm waiting for a full translation of the staff interview.

Two original protagonists

Shion and Lian are twins from the Kingdom of Aitriss and the children of Queen Yuana.

Shion (VA: Yūma Uchida)

The royal prince of the Kingdom of Aitriss. Aspires to be a knight who fights on the front-lines rather than a king and thus encourages his twin sister Lian to inherit the throne.

Lian (VA: Māya Uchida)

Shion's older twin sister. Clever and understanding of her own faults, so she has no desire to inherit the throne. Instead, she encourages Shion to become king.

Marth (VA: Hikaru Midorikawa)

The protagonist of the very first game; prince of Altea. Regarded as a "champion of the masses" for his excellent ability to gather and lead people. Although he's kind and dreams of a peaceful world, his true strength shines during war.

The War-torn Kingdom of Aitriss

After Shion and Lian's father--the king--died of illness, the kingdom went without a ruler for a long period, but thanks to the aid of the neighbouring kingdom of Guston, its people were able to leave in harmony.

However all this came to an abrupt end after monsters form another dimension appeared and took over the kingdom.

The Two Protected by the Queen and the Foreign Prince

The story begins right as the kingdom is suddenly attacked. Shion and Lian who have only known peace until now find themselves attacked by monsters and are separated from their mother Yuana. While visiting, Prince Darios from the Kingdom of Guston helps Shion and Lian escape the castle by request of their mother... From here, a battle to reclaim their homeland begins. But where will their path lead to?!

Darios (VA: Takuya Satō)

An original character; prince of the Kingdom of Guston. He taught Shion the way of the sword and Lian the academic arts; as such, he is revered like a big brother.

Yuana (VA: Yuka Nagayoshi)

The ruling queen of the Kingdom of Aitriss. Her husband--the king--passed away to the other world. Although she's troubled by Shion and Lian both unwilling to inherit the throne, she gently watches over them as they grow up.

Chrom (VA: Tomokazu Sugita)

Prince of the Halidom of Ylisse; he's serious and passionate. He puts his full faith into his friends and allies so that he may charge boldly into battle. Upholds the responsibilities of a royal, but cares not for frivolities and has trouble with formal settings. Sometimes even his vassals forget he's a prince, but in truth he doesn't mind and prefers it that way.

Interview Tidbits

Game will be full voiced and there's a large amount of dialogue.

Most of the playable characters are from Shadow Dragon, Awakening and Fates. They decided against having all the protagonists from each game since most of them primarily wield swords. As such, it would make the weapon triangle system unbalanced.

There is an ability to switch characters, although details are sparse. Players can look forward to controlling characters with various weapons and classes such as archers and mages. In fact, there are more characters compared to other Warriors collaboration titles (not counting sequels).

Speaking of the weapon triangle, it works as expected. So swords will have an advantage against axes, for example. There will also be bonus damage such as Pegasus Knights being weak to Archers. Furthermore, horseback characters will generally stay on their horse.

Support conversations are included as "Bond Conversations". Quite a lot of content, ranging from serious to silly. Creating bonds does not lead to marriage; rather, characters will become more like close friends.

Game is still slated for an Autumn 2017 release (in Japan). Completion is 70%.

Edited by VincentASM

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

An original character; prince of the Kingdom of Guston. He taught Shion the way of the sword and Lian the academic arts; as such, he is revered like a big brother.

Lian sounds like more of the bookish type, if this is the case.  So why didn't they give her magic instead?

12 minutes ago, Azz said:

I wonder how soon into the game their mother will die.

Could be at the very start, but that would really suck considering their dad died much earlier on.

"Separated from" can be read as "separated forever" (aka she's dead), but it really depends on the context.

I'm am a bit concerned that there's no mention of wanting to save their mother at the end of the story description...

Edited by VincentASM

What if the mother is being controlled by the true villian? What if she is the true villian?

Also, it could be that she escaped, and it just wasn't mentioned. Or that she was seized along with the castle and is being kept hostage.

It could be many reasons why she isn't mentioned, to be honest.

Edited by saisymbolic
grammar

9 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Because we can't have too many sword characters

Wait

Actually, now that I've thought a bit, it might be that the fact that they decided to go with OCs as well might be the crux for not including many sword characters.

Edited by Folt

14 minutes ago, saisymbolic said:

What if the mother is being controlled by the true villian? What if she is the true villian?

Also, it could be that she escaped, and it just wasn't mentioned. Or that she was seized along with the castle and is being kept hostage.

It could be many reasons why she isn't mentioned, to be honest.

Yar. In the first page, you can see Shion, Lian, Darios and Yuana all running, but Yuana is behind them. So I imagine she just stumbles and gets left behind at some point.

3 minutes ago, Mysterique Sign said:

That's interesting, the sister is the older one

Can't have all the sisters be little ones XD

9 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Because we can't have too many sword characters

Wait

Hehe, I interpreted it as the main characters of Warriors must be sword wielders since they're more iconic. Bearing that in mind, it's tough to fit in all the other sword wielding heroes from across the series.

Oh, that reminds me, I looked through some of the high quality scans and one of the screenshots is of both twins with a screenshot of the mother beside them, with the twins crying. So I guess those screenshots might show snippets of the scene where the twins and the mother are separated.

5 minutes ago, KongDude said:

So it says most characters are from SD, Awakening and Fates. How many can we expect that aren't?

Have we even got a set translation? Some say most, some say all.

Edited by Arthur97

39 minutes ago, Folt said:

Oh, that reminds me, I looked through some of the high quality scans and one of the screenshots is of both twins with a screenshot of the mother beside them, with the twins crying. So I guess those screenshots might show snippets of the scene where the twins and the mother are separated.

Yeah, that's when they get separated. I think you can see Darios's cape as well; I guess he's trying to pull them back?

12 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

The idea of too many swords would unbalance the weapon triangle is hilarious.

IS apparently doesn't have that problem in Fire Emblem Heroes, which is flooded with sword units (and red units in general)

Different developers though, but I suppose IS is supervising to some extent. Anyway, it's kinda different here since the roster is far smaller and it's primary a single player game. Heroes is just anything goes.

3 minutes ago, KongDude said:

So it says most characters are from SD, Awakening and Fates. How many can we expect that aren't?

My gut feeling is maybe 1 from some important franchises (at least Ike and one of the Blazing Blade trio), with the rest being DLC. This is a complete guess though.

You know, while I'm not expecting a very deep story at all (multiverse crossover hack 'n' slash games aren't known for compelling narratives to my knowledge), I must say I like the idea of a pair of twins both trying to get the other to take the throne so they can focus on their personal life instead.

I fully expect the guy to take the throne in the end like in Conquest, but hey, when I saw the scans I just automatically assumed we'd have an older brother and his adorable little sister as is the series' tradition. 

6 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Have we even got a set translation? Some say most, some say all.

"In general, fighters will be from Shadow Dragon, Awakening and Fates."

The thing is, like all languages, you can read and interpret words in many ways, depending on the context. In this context, I am confident they meant "the majority of fighters will be..."

Edited by VincentASM

2 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

"In general, fighters will be from Shadow Dragon, Awakening and Fates."

The thing is, like all languages, you can read and interpret words in many ways, depending on the context. In this context, I am confident they meant "the majority of fighters will be..."

Then, I would say Ike and Roy have good chances if just because they already have Amiibos.

Well they have to make exceptions for the OCs at least, but whether "in general/most" means anyone beyond OCs is the burning question of the day.

So the twins are basically Eph and Eir, except the girl now gets an academic leaning. Either the question of who inherits the throne will never be resolved, will be up to the player's discretion, or it'll go to the guy (*sigh*).

Thankfully this Lian isn't as abnormally endowed as Sun Quan's favorite wife.

Wonder how long until the game-specific non-OCs arrive in the plot. Will it be like Hyrule where you had to wait until four fights in?

I doubt they'll just kill the mother five minutes in. Whatever they do with her though, it'll probably surpass what they did with Mikoto, even if she ends up going the same way she did.

Of course they couldn't include marriage- including this in a Musou not Empires would be strange, and potentially fuel more fan shipping wars.

Shion's older twin sister

Does anyone here realize that this is the first we have had a main protag female who is older than their brother (when it comes to just two of them so not including Chrom with Emmeryn and Corrin with his older female siblings). Sure there is Marth and his own sister, but she wasn't a protag and was very forgettable. 

That's actually a nice change of pace for once because older brother with a younger sister has been getting repetitive in my opinion as of late. Sure it's a spin off but still something new.

In regards to this quote here

Furthermore, horseback characters will generally stay on their horse.

So before I read it was they will always be on horse, this one says generally. I know translations can get a bit odd, especially between English and Japanese, but I am curious if they literally mean all the time, or most of the time. I cant imagine Cavs being too easy to use for indoor maps, and the controls will probably be a pain to control. In some ways I am hoping they mean that in the sense that most of the time they will, but can be dismounted for certain scenarios like indoor maps.

Story is kind of interesting. Its what I expected, invading from other dimensions and all that jazz, but some of the characters are a bit more interesting. Still, I am going into this with the same mindset I do for Fast and Furious and similar movies, action, explosions, fun one liners, some funny jokes, and a plot that you clearly arent meant to look too hard at.

18 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

In regards to this quote here

So before I read it was they will always be on horse, this one says generally. I know translations can get a bit odd, especially between English and Japanese, but I am curious if they literally mean all the time, or most of the time. I cant imagine Cavs being too easy to use for indoor maps, and the controls will probably be a pain to control. In some ways I am hoping they mean that in the sense that most of the time they will, but can be dismounted for certain scenarios like indoor maps.

Story is kind of interesting. Its what I expected, invading from other dimensions and all that jazz, but some of the characters are a bit more interesting. Still, I am going into this with the same mindset I do for Fast and Furious and similar movies, action, explosions, fun one liners, some funny jokes, and a plot that you clearly arent meant to look too hard at.

I don't think it'll be much of an issue, Hyrule Warriors has Epona as a moveset for Link

20 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

So the twins are basically Eph and Eir, except the girl now gets an academic leaning. Either the question of who inherits the throne will never be resolved, will be up to the player's discretion, or it'll go to the guy (*sigh*).

Thankfully this Lian isn't as abnormally endowed as Sun Quan's favorite wife.

I doubt they'll just kill the mother five minutes in. Whatever they do with her though, it'll probably surpass what they did with Mikoto, even if she ends up going the same way she did.

Nah, they'll give it to the girl, assuming she doesn't die horribly(or they let you choose, for a far less morbid scenario). The guy must run off to the battlefield and strut his stuff for his kingdom. :u

She just had a big heart that manifested, you could tell how nice she was just at a glance :U
For better or worse for the imagination, there are chests that are that size, or close to it irl.

What I half-expect is their friend(or someone from Guston) to kill her if/when friendly relations with Guston comes crashing down for some plot reason. I know the plot is apparently about dimensional monsters and whatnot, but I can't help thinking that's some part of the reason they even mentioned "The neighbors". Barring that, Lian will somehow live all the way to the end, reuniting with her more mature kids, right before she's savagely murdered by "the big bad"

2 hours ago, VincentASM said:

Hehe, I interpreted it as the main characters of Warriors must be sword wielders since they're more iconic. Bearing that in mind, it's tough to fit in all the other sword wielding heroes from across the series.

That's a way, I suppose(even though they're better at making spear users iconic). I also thought that they didn't want to go over how many main-character-swordsmen they had intended, totally ignoring how avoidable it was, and less fitting all the sword heroes in. Ultimately, it's understandable even if it ends up a crock. but I'm about to derail.

But lemme tell you what it really is Vincent

Spoiler

Sequel baiting.