Favorite awakening character?

11 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

I don't know why, but Frederick looks like he could be Stalh's father. Did you ever think that, or am I the only one who considers this?

Father? lol no, Frederick looks far too young for that. Imo, the oldest he looks like he could be is 30 (I headcanon him to be 26 after the two year time skip though, which is reasonable to me and so he doesn't seem too old for the standard Robin build who looks 19 at most. However, since I was 21 at the time of playing, I headcanoned her to be that age too). Stahl looks early twenties to me, possibly as young as 18. But I do see a bit of a resemblance, yeah. They could've been brothers. :P

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

This suddenly turned into a Frederick thread. I usually just had him ride around with Cherche and let her do the heavy lifting.

Well, Frederick is the Jagen, so he's by default one of the most important characters in the game...

24 minutes ago, Cerberus87 said:

Well, Frederick is the Jagen, so he's by default one of the most important characters in the game...

That's a weird way of spelling "Noire".

Oh yes, this is now yet another waifu thread.

Tharja: Gameplay wise she is a great unit, and as far as personality goes I thought she was interesting. I never saw the character as super fanservicey, and I don't think that actually developed until later with DLC and things like that. Even her portrait portrays her more as a introverted mage than a seductive enchantress. 

I will say I hated the Noire/Father support. That was ridiculous. The abusiveness of it is a bit overplayed (it's just a runny nose. Could be a lot worst), but at the same time it's still abusive. Based on some of Tharja's other supports, it's pretty out of character for her to do curse people in that way. Future Past version maybe, losing everything and living in a post apocalyptic world can mess with people, but real Tharja doing those kind of things doesn't make sense, especially after her Noire support. Most of her curses were things along the lines of cursing Frederick to where he can't see her so she can escape training or things of that nature. 

Chrom: I wish he got more attention, and it's part of the reason I am excited for Warriors. I thought he was a good lord, but he really needed some more scree time for all of that. Maybe Warriors can help patch up some of his issues.

Frederick: my 2nd favorite Jaigen right behind Titania, and a good character imo. I liked that he didn't trust Robin at first, even if t was pretty short lived. It was a lot better than Corrin practically being loved by everyone at first, and then absolutely hated by someone just for showing up. (Takimi's hatred makes sense for Conquest, but for someone who just met their long lost sibling that he knows was kidnapped and held captive by the enemy, he sure hated them and was ready to kill them right then and there. It made no sense other than Takumi just being a little bitch)

Robin: I'll admit it, as a character I actually liked Robin. I think if he was a standalone character and not an avatar, his character might be liked a bit more. Unlike Corrin he actually had a bit of personality. And while it was annoying that he took the forefront in the final arc, I didn't think the story was terrible. Could of done without the power of friendship bringing him back, but that end choice was definitely unique for the series. If it lacked the power of love bringing him back, it would of made a legitimate choice to make to end the series. Do you go with the happy ending that still sees the return of Grima later, or do you sacrifice Robin to end Grima once and for all. One of the reasons I actually like Robin. That and he had a good design, unlike Corrin. Again.

Edited by Tolvir

I like female Corrin design, but the young version looks like jailbait, so perhaps I shouldn't like her too much. :D

The older male Robin in Awakening looked ok, but he would probably look a bit better if he seemed a bit younger. They could've make him a bit more like Frederick and less like Gregor.

1 hour ago, Tolvir said:

Robin: I'll admit it, as a character I actually liked Robin. I think if he was a standalone character and not an avatar, his character might be liked a bit more. Unlike Corrin he actually had a bit of personality. And while it was annoying that he took the forefront in the final arc, I didn't think the story was terrible. Could of done without the power of friendship bringing him back, but that end choice was definitely unique for the series. If it lacked the power of love bringing him back, it would of made a legitimate choice to make to end the series. Do you go with the happy ending that still sees the return of Grima later, or do you sacrifice Robin to end Grima once and for all. One of the reasons I actually like Robin. That and he had a good design, unlike Corrin. Again.

I think something in between would have been nice. Like when I first played Awakening I thought that whether Robin (wasn't named Robin) lived or died would actually be tied to how many supports he had. So I went support grinding before the final boss. In the end it didn't matter as to the ending, but it did let me see M!Robin and Lucina's C-A supports which led to me turning around and replaying the game just to pair them together.

2 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

I think something in between would have been nice. Like when I first played Awakening I thought that whether Robin (wasn't named Robin) lived or died would actually be tied to how many supports he had. So I went support grinding before the final boss. In the end it didn't matter as to the ending, but it did let me see M!Robin and Lucina's C-A supports which led to me turning around and replaying the game just to pair them together.

That could of been cool. Let the player's actual gameplay effect it as well. I could go with that, it rewards doing a lot of extra stuff and not just speeding through it, which is always a bonus. I would be completely fine if they went that route, but it felt like such a cop-out the way it went. But at the same time I could understand it. They were thinking this is it, so wanting to leave off with a high note is completely understandable.

I like Robin too. Not amazing or anything, imo, but I like her okay. Both genders are fine, but I like female Robin's design more, and I have bias for her and Frederick as a couple, so I prefer her a bit more over the male. However, the male does one-up her in Chrom support. By far (the female Robin and Chrom support is awful, imo).

I also like male Morgan. ONLY male Morgan. I never played a male Robin, but I have seen some of female Morgan's supports online and wow is she a sadistic little bitch at times. :/

Meanwhile, male Morgan is the most adorable little cinnamon roll ever, imo. Also looks great with Freddy's brown hair!

Edited by Anacybele

I still swear up and up and down that male and female Robin have subtle differences in behavior and I have to go with male Robin. Especially after the Smash community seems to essentially ignore him.

Oh, and, @Anacybele, let's avoid calling anyone that name, please. 

15 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I still swear up and up and down that male and female Robin have subtle differences in behavior and I have to go with male Robin. Especially after the Smash community seems to essentially ignore him.

You know, in currently in the middle of the Valm arc, about to invade fort Steiger, and it is really making me wish that say'ri had more supports and even a child. They seriously missed out.

34 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Someone called Takumi a bitch just a little while ago in this thread, but you didn't say this to them... Still, I'll comply. I don't like using the word anyway.

33 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Someone called Takumi a bitch just a little while ago in this thread, but you didn't say this to them... Still, I'll comply. I don't like using the word anyway.

That would be me. I apologize, I can edit if it is needed. Though it is just a fictional character made of pencil lines and pixels. Not like I actually called someone that in an attempt to offend or ridicule them. Don't think I ever have on Serenes. 

2 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

That would be me. I apologize, I can edit if it is needed. Though it is just a fictional character made of pencil lines and pixels. Not like I actually called someone that in an attempt to offend or ridicule them. Don't think I ever have on Serenes. 

Yeah, but there are members here who look down on character bashing like that. Believe me, I know...

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, but there are members here who look down on character bashing like that. Believe me, I know...

That's everywhere on the internet. No matter where you go or what you do, someone will be offended and triggered.

Favorite Male: Robin

Most of time when I play Awakening, I just go with the default Avatar. To me, the established character of Robin is much better than having a self-insert. Gameplay-wise, I enjoy the Tactician class and his range of supports make him a flexible unit. I just wish that did better with him in the final third of the story.

Favorite Female: Lissa 

She is easily my favorite healer personality-wise, since I really do not like Maribelle and I just tend to not put so much focus on Libra or Anna. Not to mention that she gives birth to my favorite child unit. She also makes for a very powerful support unit.

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Someone always has an issue with another's opinions. It's something you tend to have to ignore, which is what I do. Hell, I love Tharja as a character,  none of the bashing she gets here or on reddit has bothered me.

Just now, Tolvir said:

Someone always has an issue with another's opinions. It's something you tend to have to ignore, which is what I do. Hell, I love Tharja as a character,  none of the bashing she gets here or on reddit has bothered me.

Yeah, true that. Micaiah fans seem to bash Ike all the time too because he "stole the spotlight" (even though he didn't really do that, it was Yune), but I don't let it get to me. I just go on loving Ike to death and be happy that he has looots of fans anyway. ^^

Oh man... Awakening has some fabulous characters. It's really hard to choose. I think right now I have a huge soft spot for Virion. I don't know what it is about him, but he's equally devious and charming. There are a lot of layers to time, and honestly, I just love his hair-flipping animation. I think Maribelle is also on my list of favorites. She has a lot of personality which makes her entertaining to just watch. I think Brady is my favorite kid though. As much as I love Owain and Inigo, Brady wins out simply because I'm a sucker for the big scary guy with "refined" interests. I'd kill to listen to him play violin.

Oh boy, there's a lot of characters I love from Awakening, since they all are pretty different from each other.  I really love, Owain, Inigo, Gaius, Henry, Lucina, and Olivia.  I married Inigo my second time playing through cause he's just adorable.  And I'm low-key similar to Owain [MY SWORD HAND TWITCHES], and I love the Japanese version of Henry but I also like his American installment to.  And then Gauis, I love his character design and personality which goes the same for Lucina and Olivia.

I like most of Awakening characters, but my top would be Lucina, Severa, Owain, Inigo, Noire, Cynthia, Gerome, Brady Kjelle (mainly their FP and Drama CD versions), Frederick, Cherche, Stahl, Sumia, Cordelia, Maribelle and Vaike. 

I like most characters in Awakening, but if I had to choose my favorite it would be Validar Stahl.

No ridiculous gimmick to overshadow his character, he is kind, smart, observant and he tries his best at everything, with mixed results. The hair is adorable, like he just got out of bed and that huge appetite is hilarious as well.

Most importantly, he is relatable, layered and an example as to what most Fire Emblem characters should aspire to be. He shows us that regular does not equal boring. Enough with the special snowflakes, please!