Official Website up

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, Luxian said:

Inb4 Shion and Marth duet as FE:W opening!

It'll be just as bad as

FIRE EMBLEM......

HEROES!

Reason I dont open it in public. That and the fact that I unfortunately have Nowi on my team.

Edited by Tolvir

Drat. That supposed screen of Lian holding a lance actually shows a lance-wielding soldier right behind her.

Snooped around the site about and tried some basic "see if they goofed" tactics (checking the source code and adjusting the web address to see if they had other characters up besides the four listed). Nothing obvious turned up.

2 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Drat. That supposed screen of Lian holding a lance actually shows a lance-wielding soldier right behind her.

Snooped around the site about and tried some basic "see if they goofed" tactics (checking the source code and adjusting the web address to see if they had other characters up besides the four listed). Nothing obvious turned up.

Give it a week to a few days before E3, then take a look. Site should be getting prepped for a big update around that time for all the new info.

I guess if/when the English site pops up, we'll know if we're getting dubs or not.

The protags look meh (mostly don't like the hair of the male one), but I guess I care more about other characters anyway. 

Just now, Delfino said:

I guess if/when the English site pops up, we'll know if we're getting dubs or not.

The protags look meh (mostly don't like the hair of the male one), but I guess I care more about other characters anyway. 

True, they're more of a means to an end.

2 hours ago, Tolvir said:

It'll be just as bad as

FIRE EMBLEM......

HEROES!

Reason I dont open it in public. That and the fact that I unfortunately have Nowi on my team.

Now I am personally hoping Nowi doesn't get added.....my parents get one look at her, and the game's banned faster than cigarettes. 

3 hours ago, Tolvir said:

It'll be just as bad as

FIRE EMBLEM......

HEROES!

Same! I rarely play outside anyway, almost only at home.

Back to the topic, E3 is in a bit more than a week right? So maybe the wait isn't too long before we get a Nintendo Direct with an actual new trailer, with a supposedly English dub directly in the trailer, rather than on the site (and maybe one trailer for Fire Emblem Switch too hopefully). And, well, they could re-use the English VAs they already hired for Awakening and Fates characters, and the Heroes VAs for SD characters, so I would find it weird for them not to, as they did for Heroes. 

2 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I just mute my phone.

I just ended up deleting it off my phone and put it on my tablet instead. It rarely leaves my house anyways, and I never play the game in public. Data usage is way too high as well to play it off wifi, and I dont connect to most public wifi spots unless I have to for security reasons.

1 hour ago, Blade_of_Light said:

Now I am personally hoping Nowi doesn't get added.....my parents get one look at her, and the game's banned faster than cigarettes. 

Her design seemed to have gotten worst between Awakening and Heroes. In Awakening her design reminded me more of a Fey like design, something like an elf, or a halfling, something along those lines rather than a child. But her Heroes design is just downright off putting and creepy to me. First 5 star blue unit I get that I like the abilities of better and away she goes. Which sucks because I actually liked her in Awakening.

15 minutes ago, Luxian said:

Back to the topic, E3 is in a bit more than a week right? So maybe the wait isn't too long before we get a Nintendo Direct with an actual new trailer, with a supposedly English dub directly in the trailer, rather than on the site (and maybe one trailer for Fire Emblem Switch too hopefully). And, well, they could re-use the English VAs they already hired for Awakening and Fates characters, and the Heroes VAs for SD characters, so I would find it weird for them not to, as they did for Heroes. 

E3 is June 13-15, so a little over a week away.

I think the luxury Fire Emblem will have over a lot of other Warriors games is that most of the casting is already done. Want Alm and Celica? Well we just had full voice acting for them. Want Ike? Well he has been fully voiced in 2 Smash games and Heroes. Most of the cast they are going with, considering the focus is on Fates/Awakening, is already casted. All they need to cast are the new OCs and anyone from Shadow Dragon, Tellius, or any other previous titles. Essentially 2/3rds of the cast is already set. And now they have Heroes to reach into for VAs for all the others, so they are mostly covered.

Of course there can be contract issues and casting conflicts, but considering the game is 70% done most of that should be sorted through already.

Edited by Tolvir

11 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

If the game hopefully gets an English dub, I wonder if they might try to replicate the idea of siblings voicing Shion and Liane.

Sam and Eden Riegel. Calling it now.

Some of us were paranoid that there wouldn't be new VO whatsoever due to Chrom's lines in the trailer being 100% recycled from Awakening, but that's been proven wrong. I absolutely don't see why Nintendo wouldn't have the game dubbed, all things considered.

2 hours ago, Tolvir said:

I think the luxury Fire Emblem will have over a lot of other Warriors games is that most of the casting is already done. Want Alm and Celica? Well we just had full voice acting for them. Want Ike? Well he has been fully voiced in 2 Smash games and Heroes. Most of the cast they are going with, considering the focus is on Fates/Awakening, is already casted. All they need to cast are the new OCs and anyone from Shadow Dragon, Tellius, or any other previous titles. Essentially 2/3rds of the cast is already set. And now they have Heroes to reach into for VAs for all the others, so they are mostly covered.

Of course there can be contract issues and casting conflicts, but considering the game is 70% done most of that should be sorted through already.

I swear to god if Effie's in they better not have the meme voice or so help me.

Definitely a hype thing about this though. If they got the same guys who directed and did Echoes' dub along for the ride then that'd be ideal, but otherwise, the Switch isn't region-locked...

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Why would the game not get an English dub? It'd be pretty damn lame after how Heroes dubbed everyone.

It's mostly just super paranoia on my part.

I've heard some around say that Koei Tecmo has been a bit skimpy on English dubs these days, and them commenting on the "massive script" makes me hope that they don't forgo an English dub just to save time.

That's what happened with Blazblue, which had an English dub in every game until Arc Systems went against it for the last game just to save time and get the game out faster. Stuff like that has made me a bit paranoid these days.

2 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

It's mostly just super paranoia on my part.

I've heard some around say that Koei Tecmo has been a bit skimpy on English dubs these days, and them commenting on the "massive script" makes me hope that they don't forgo an English dub just to save time.

That's what happened with Blazblue, which had an English dub in every game until Arc Systems went against it for the last game just to save time and get the game out faster. Stuff like that has made me a bit paranoid these days.

The game potentially lacking a dub is a legitimate concern. KT has been extremely iffy with their dubs as of late. For some examples:

Samurai Warriors Chronicles and SW4 (including 4-II, Empires, and Spirit of the Sanada) all had no dub. SW1-3 and their expansions did, so it was a change, to say the least. The lack of dub could be excused by a waning interest in the series in the west, however, as well as the fact that the games are about Japanese history anyway.

Dynasty Warriors 7: Empires and DW8:E were not dubbed despite every game in the series prior being dubbed (except the first I guess). The vanilla DW8 title almost lacked a dub, only barely getting one after fans showed a high interest in it, but in return, it was butchered. Boatloads of spoken dialogue ended up getting cut.

Warriors Orochi 3 was not dubbed even though the first two were.

I believe several recent games such as the Attack on Titan one, Toukiden 2, and Berserk and the Band of the Hawk were not dubbed. There are probably other examples I'm not thinking of as well. I believe KT initially began ditching dubs because the games were not popular enough to make back the money spent on voice work for such enormous casts of characters, but they seem to be making a habit of it as of late regardless of the game's cast size or popularity...

Edited by Delfino

5 minutes ago, Delfino said:

The game potentially lacking a dub is a legitimate concern. KT has been extremely iffy with their dubs as of late. For some examples:

Samurai Warriors Chronicles and SW4 (including 4-II, Empires, and Spirit of the Sanada) all had no dub. SW1-3 and their expansions did, so it was a change, to say the least. The lack of dub could be excused by a waning interest in the series in the west, however, as well as the fact that the games are about Japanese history anyway.

Dynasty Warriors 7: Empires and DW8:E were not dubbed despite every game in the series prior being dubbed (except the first I guess). The vanilla DW8 title almost lacked a dub, only barely getting one after fans showed a high interest in it, but in return, it was butchered. Boatloads of spoken dialogue ended up getting cut.

Warriors Orochi 3 was not dubbed even though the first two were.

I believe several recent games such as the Attack on Titan one, Toukiden 2, and Berserk and the Band of the Hawk were not dubbed. There are probably other examples I'm not thinking of as well. I believe KT initially began ditching dubs because the games were not popular enough to make back the money spent on voice work for such enormous casts of characters, but they seem to be making a habit of it as of late regardless of the game's cast size or popularity...

I think you're just going to make him stress out even more.

Here's hoping IS/Nintendo will push for a dub considering how much they've been dubbing as of late.

1 minute ago, Hardin said:

It's important to remember that Nintendo is publishing the game in the west, Koei Tecmo's history isn't relevant in this case. 

Does publishing include localization?

The publisher is responsible for overseeing the localization. Nintendo could ask Koei Tecmo America, Treehouse, 8-4, or another company to do it, but Nintendo would finance it, and sign off on the finished product. 

Just now, Arthur97 said:

I think you're just going to make him stress out even more.

Here's hoping IS/Nintendo will push for a dub considering how much they've been dubbing as of late.

Does publishing include localization?

Eh, you can relax. This is nothing I don't already know. :)

And like all of you said, what KT thinks may not matter in the end because Nintendo would probably make sure it gets a dub with how much they've done with it in Heroes and Echoes. So no, I'm not freaking out or anything, just that I have twinges of doubt.

27 minutes ago, Hardin said:

The publisher is responsible for overseeing the localization. Nintendo could ask Koei Tecmo America, Treehouse, 8-4, or another company to do it, but Nintendo would finance it, and sign off on the finished product. 

Well that's reassuring. I would not expect NoA to skip out on a dub using an excuse of "There's too much dialogue."

1 hour ago, Delfino said:

Well that's reassuring. I would not expect NoA to skip out on a dub using an excuse of "There's too much dialogue."

They did skip on TMS, another FE crossover. But that is probably different due to TMS being fairly niche, while Hyrule Warriors's good sales would probably persuade them to consider a dub. Though FE being only a "silver" Nintendo franchise (gold being the Mario-Zelda-Pokemon trinity) even with Awakening's success, means I don't expect it sell as much as HW, and that is why I leave a little room for doubt.