Official Website up

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, DaloDask said:

It's definitely not that mother character who probably exists just to die no sirree bob.

Nah, they wouldn't do something so cliché. Though, it has been already confirmed that she does die.

Overall, the game looks really pretty.

Now that we get an up close look at the protagonists, I can say without any doubts that the male protag's hair is crap. I wonder if their headbands hold any meaning though.

LOL, they actually got Uchida Yuma and Maaya (actual real life siblings) to voice the protags, who are twins. That's amazing. Uchida Maaya also does Sharena, and Yuma Seliph in Heroes.

If anyone's curious, this is what the "Story" part says:

On that day, the Kingdom of Aitoris became shrouded in darkness.
Without warning, the "Outrealm Gate" suddenly appeared in the royal castle.
Powerful monsters poured out of the gate, trampling over the royal soldiers.

—The castle quickly fell.
And the kingdom was slowly, but surely corrupted by darkness.

But, hope remained.
Two figures escaped from the flaming castle, "Shion" and "Lian", children of the deceased king.
With them, the strings of fate that tie them to the heroes of legend...

Wielding the "Shield of Flame" passed on from their mother,
The twins' stand against the great darkness begins here.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

25 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Now that we get an up close look at the protagonists, I can say without any doubts that the male protag's hair is crap. I wonder if their headbands hold any meaning though.

LOL, they actually got Uchida Yuma and Maaya (actual real life siblings) to voice the protags, who are twins. That's amazing. Uchida Maaya also does Sharena, and Yuma Seliph in Heroes.

If anyone's curious, this is what the "Story" part says:

On that day, the Kingdom of Aitoris became shrouded in darkness.
Without warning, the "Outrealm Gate" suddenly appeared in the royal castle.
Powerful monsters poured out of the gate, trampling over the royal soldiers.

—The castle quickly fell.
And the kingdom was slowly, but surely corrupted by darkness.

But, hope remained.
Two figures escaped from the flaming castle, "Shion" and "Lian", children of the deceased king.
With them, the strings of fate that tie them to the heroes of legend...

Wielding the "Shield of Flame" passed on from their mother,
The twin's stand against the great darkness begins here.

Sooo... it's heroes' story. But with a twist? Kinda sad that it ain't a. "All worlds combined" kinda thing.

6 minutes ago, Azz said:

I feel like I'm in the minority, but I actually like the males design.

The designs are fine. It's the 3D models that seem to turn off some people. 

4 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Sure. I won't charge you for it. :P

Awesome!

I was just thinking how to word it without it sounding stale, but then I got distracted with updating the Echoes pages.

Kinda weird how Darios and Yuana don't have profiles yet, despite being in Famitsu. Timed "exclusivity" or just holding back?

1 minute ago, VincentASM said:

Awesome!

I was just thinking how to word it without it sounding stale, but then I got distracted with updating the Echoes pages.

Kinda weird how Darios and Yuana don't have profiles yet, despite being in Famitsu. Timed "exclusivity" or just holding back?

I guess marketing the fact that Marth and Chrom are in it are more important?

I think the characters' outfits are fancy enough without being too gaudy and tacky. Unfortunately, Shion just looks like Naruto or something, and the characters seem a bit plastic-y, almost like they're shining.

I'm very happy to see Anna is here, but I agree with the notion that the story sounds very similar to Heroes! I guess that can't be helped when dealing with multiple universes like this. 

Also, which "good character" will turn out to be evil? Darios? He just happens to be there the night the portal opens. The queen, since it seems like she'll be left behind for one reason or another? I expect a betrayal here.

ughh, Marth's SD design is just so meh

and why are they using his Awakening sprite when he has a much better one in Fates

at least it look better than I thought it was going to

4 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

At least the Askr siblings' parents are alive I guess.

Their mother is at least. Sharena mentions her in one of her home menu lines.

I will admit, not a fan of the guy's hair, but I think the girl looks okay as well of the other dude.

Darios's crown is weird, but otherwise, he looks cool! I'd think he was related to Lon'qu if he wasn't in another game though. lol

Still hope Ike is in this. He needs to be. The little sprites are another excuse to add him too, because he also has one thanks to Fates! I think Ephraim should be in too, though I'm not expecting him at this point except maybe as DLC. And I don't like Lyn or Hector, but imo, both ought to be in as well. As for most of the other protags in the series though, I can see why they'd be excluded.

Also, English site when? The rest of the world is getting the game too, you know...

Edited by Anacybele

4 hours ago, Thane said:

Also, which "good character" will turn out to be evil? Darios? He just happens to be there the night the portal opens. The queen, since it seems like she'll be left behind for one reason or another? I expect a betrayal here.

Darios sounds like a potential villain's name. And I could easily see a sudden evil scowl appear on his face as he stabs Lian in the back.

As for the queen, who knows? Maybe she's a blue-haired lord fangirl who has been corrupted by Megrikos (the fusion of our much, ahem, beloved, dark dragons).

4 hours ago, Thane said:

the characters seem a bit plastic-y, almost like they're shining.

This is exactly how I felt about Dragon Quest Heroes. In fact, this looks eerily similar to DQH. Koei possibly reusing the same engine again?

Darios sounds like the Darius, a Persan King who attacked Athens. I wouldn't be surprised he becomes turns his coat. Twins who are betrayed by close friend. Sounds like deja vu, I suspect he becomes possessed somewhere...

So far I like what has been shown. But Shion recalls me of TMS and "Super Saiyan Marth". I can't stop seeing this now...