What Continent Should FE Switch Be On?

What Continent Should FE Switch Be Set On?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Where should the game be set?

• Archanea/Valentia
    • Jugdral
    • Elibe
    • Magvel
    • Tellius
    • Fates continent
    • Somewhere else

I'm wondering if FE Switch will pull another Awakening and set the game on a continent that hasn't been featured in a while, not counting remakes.

If you, what continent should get the Awakening treatment?  Or should the game be set somewhere entirely new?

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

A new one. Possibly set in a previous world to build it out more(Another set in the Jugdral/Archanea/Valentia world, or one set in the Elibe world), but I'd be fine with a new world entirely.

Just keep it away from the Fates world.

I'd be down with seeing what's happening in Jugdral thousands of years later, but that's the FE4/5 fanboy in me talking.

Edited by Slumber

Something new, preferably with no or minimal connections to previous games. All of the last 5 FE games have either been set on or had a connection to Archanaea. It's time for something new.

34 minutes ago, Slumber said:

I'd be down with seeing what's happening in Jugdral thousands of years later, but that's the FE4/5 fanboy in me talking.

That would be fun to see...

But then we'd probably have to contend with more fanservicey character designs.

Due to the nature of being a crossover, it will definitely be a completely original continent. That said, it isn't out of the question that we won't be fighting in the lands of the other Lords because in Chrom's images, we see him in terrain not dissimilar to the one where we recruit Cordelia.

The one positive thing about this is that we can finally hope to get a name for Fates continent if we venture there.

1 minute ago, Raguna said:

Due to the nature of being a crossover, it will definitely be a completely original continent. That said, it isn't out of the question that we won't be fighting in the lands of the other Lords because in Chrom's images, we see him in terrain not dissimilar to the one where we recruit Cordelia.

The one positive thing about this is that we can finally hope to get a name for Fates continent if we venture there.

Crossover? Did I miss something?

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Crossover? Did I miss something?

Bad phrasing on my part but this is a crossover of many units in this series coming together. What other name do I give this kind of thing outside of spinoff?

1 minute ago, Raguna said:

Bad phrasing on my part but this is a crossover of many units in this series coming together. What other name do I give this kind of thing outside of spinoff?

Isn't FE Switch a new game with new characters? Are you confusing this with Warriors with something, or am I just extremely out of the loop?

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Isn't FE Switch a new game with new characters? Are you confusing this with Warriors with something, or am I just extremely out of the loop?

Oh damn sorry. I posted in the incorrect topic. This was entirely my bad.

To properly add to the discussion at least, I'm rather sure they'll make their own new continent. I doubt they'll go back to an older one when or the one of Fates considering they can't exactly do a giant 2000 year skip again like they did between Archanea and Awakening and Fates conclusively ended in Revelations.

I doubt they'll pick an older continent considering how IS hasn't been one to backtrack on those things so I'll wager on the new deal in order to get some new maps and visuals.

I'm pretty sure it'll be a new continent, what I'm hoping is that if they make a new one they bother to give it proper worldbuilding. I don't want Fateslandia 2.0....hell that place doesn't even have a name ffs!

If they were to choose an existing continent, I'd like IS to choose Magvel. It is quite isolated from the rest of the series which makes it a safe choice to create a new story.

I still want to learn more about the whole Nada Kuya and the Falchion thing Saleh mentions in his support with Eirika but that's wishful thinking.

Edited by Alexmender

Somewhere else sounds good. As much as I believe that Magvel needs more recognition, I really want to see a new continent with a proper name (*cough*Fateslandia*cough*), a proper world building and possibly no parallel dimension as Deeprealm shenanigans. They can keep an Outrealm Gate or whatever they want to call it for DLC purposes only, and cross over with other worlds if it pleases them, as long as it doesn't impact the main story. Time-traveling in Awakening and the nonsensical Deeprealms in Fates are more than enough parallel worlds.

New hardware, new continent. I think it would be nice to think long-term from now on and create a much more fleshed out world where the next couple of games can take place and influence each other, rather than how it is now and almost all games work as stand alone titles.

38 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

I'm pretty sure it'll be a new continent, what I'm hoping is that if they make a new one they bother to give it proper worldbuilding. I don't want Fateslandia 2.0....hell that place doesn't even have a name ffs!

If they were to choose an existing continent, I'd like IS to choose Magvel. It is quite isolated from the rest of the series which makes it a safe choice to create a new story.

I still want to learn more about the whole Nada Kuya and the Falchion thing Saleh mentions in his support with Eirika but that's wishful thinking.

This though! It's a shame that the Fates world didn't get good world-building. It had a lot of potential for some really rich history (and probably pretty bloody). Hearing about Garon's rise to power probably would have been SUPER cool. Same with more about the conflict between Hoshido and Nohr. And then I want to know more about religion and the tribes... You'd think that with three titles they could have shoved some of that stuff in there. XD 

I picked the "somewhere else" option simply because I like a fresh start. New races. New history. New conflicts. Even though I'd be fine with some more Magvel love. Tellius too maybe...but Tellius already dealt with 2 major (relatively) world-ending conflicts. I think it might be a little silly to deal with more even if they're technically thousands of years  apart. But it would be nice to see my beautiful laguz children again if they're still around...

New System new continent is definitely likely I rather have new lore than expand or in a "certain games case" retconn an established one if I had to pick a previous one probably Sacred Stones Magvel or SoV Valm futher in the future to Awakening, Tellius and Elibe have enough already but my choice is new continent.

I would prefer a new continent.

However I wouldn't mind Magvel returning, considering that it's the only continent that has been featured just once (in FE8)

Magvel is very undeveloped, it does have the most potential for a prequel since we don't even know the names of all 5 of its legendary heroes. Who are the non-Grado and Latona heroes? That can be a mystery the plot plays with. Heck if they make Grado and Latona honorary titles (like DQIII making Erdick a title), we could even be left in the dark on who they are.

Ultimately I'd prefer a new world disconnected from the rest though. And no multiverse gates or other time-space shenanigans! None! (Save for DLC fanservice.)

Thinking on Renais, I've noticed it's fairly small and sandwiched between Frelia and Grado, both very powerful. If Grado and Frelia agreed to it, they could easily invade Renais and carve it up. Obviously their own geopolitical rivalries would stand in the way of such a thing, each seeing a nominally independent Renais as a useful buffer to the other power's ambitions. A similar case could be made for Lycia and its neighbors Bern and Etruria. Perhaps such a scenario- a country caught in the middle of the ambitions of two others- would work for an FE story.

I would kill for another game set in the Tellius universe. I would love to see something that takes place a generation or 2 after RD (though that will probably never happen). I could totally see one taking place thousands of years later though in the same world, similair to how Awakening was some thousand or so years after the Archanea games.

A completely new world is always welcome as well.