What happens to the Falchion after SoV? SPOILERS

An excellent(and unfortunately unanswered) question, one that hopefully will get answered soon, if not in FE Switch like I hope it will then in a different game. For now, though, we have nothing to go on save our own imaginations as Awakening - currently our only view of the future of Archanea and Valentia - never mentioned the Kingsfang Falchion or even that there was more than one Falchion. I would have at least settled for Alm Einherjar being able to use Falchion as a nod to the game, but nope.

One possibility that I came up with involves Grima, who appears in the Thabes Labyrinth post-game in Echoes. Alm seals him away using the Kingsfang Falchion for 1000 years(assuming that Naga stating that Grima would be sealed for 1k years if Chrom killed him in Awakening is from prior experience), and it's stated in the credits endings that the Dynasty created by Alm lasted just about 1000 years. Awakening is also set around 2000 years after Shadow Dragon and consequently Echoes assuming what I read about the timeline was true, and the first Exalt struck Grima down 1000 years before Awakening, which happens to coincide with both Grima's release from his seal and the end of the Alm Dynasty. Because of this, my theory is that because Alm never fully realized what Grima was and/or believed him completely destroyed, he never prepared any countermeasures for the event of Grima's return. 1k yrs. later, Grima wakes up, probably ticked off, finds his way to Valentia, destroys the Kingsfang Falchion(after all, it likely lost some of its power by that time just as BoL Falchion had its power sealed by the time the first Exalt came around and could be destroyed by a sufficient amount of power not to mention that Valentia had no Prism Mountain equivalent where the last Alm Dynast could have performed the Awakening necessary to defeat Grima once more) and ends the Alm Dynasty simultaneously(this could also be a reasonable time for the continent to have changed its name to Valm), then returns to Archanea, where the first Exalt, whoever he/she may be(hope we get that for a game too, btw), seals Grima away, likely in the location of the Dragon's Table as I can't really see why else the place would mean so much to the Grimleal. Speaking of, this would mean that the Grimleal are a fairly new religion in the history of Archanea/Valentia, likely a split-off part of the old Duma Faithful.

Anyways, it's not a definite answer by any means, but hopefully that sounds good enough for you to be content with it until we actually find out, if we ever do.

Edited by SoulWeaver

Pretty sure Alms dynasty last only a thousand years as stated so not sure that's implied anymore anyway to question its probably in the basement of where Duma was or its a plot point for a future game.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

Is it possible that the First Exalt perhaps combined the two Falchions? At a guess, with Naga's help. It seems possible to me given that it could have happened during their blood pact to Naga which locked it to Marth's Bloodline. Also, since Naga holds greater power than Mila or Duma, I'd wager that Naga could have removed any ties to Alm's heritage under the assumption that his bloodline ended. Which would further explain why Chrom's and Marth's Falchion is supposedly the same but looks wildly different.

But this is idle speculation. 

Or, Alm's Falchion is in the same exact spot where he left it: within Duma's eye and is what's keeping Duma in his eternal rest, never to be disturbed, similar to how Mila was sealed away. Extra dungeon aside, we never actually see him take the sword back, right?

Just now, Motendra said:

Or, Alm's Falchion is in the same exact spot where he left it: within Duma's eye and is what's keeping Duma in his eternal rest, never to be disturbed, similar to how Mila was sealed away. Extra dungeon aside, we never actually see him take the sword back, right?

There's no mention of the Falchion after the fight with Duma, so yes, it's likely still stuck in Duma's eye. In fact, i believe that while the Thabes Labyrinth and creation of Grima are canon, Alm and Celica visiting going there and fighting Grima isn't. In the game, Act 6 takes place in the same year as the unification of Valentia. And then there's the fact that you have access to all the characters, even if their endings state otherwise, such as Sonya possibly being turned to a Witch. Or Kliff disappearing completely.

Yeah, Act 6 is just playable lore tbh. To repeat what i said before, the Thabes Labyrinth, Forenus, and the creation of Grima is canon. Alm and Celica going there and fighting Grima, isn't. 

I like to think Walhart just has it chilling somewhere in Valm castle. The reason it's never used? Because Wolf Berg has better stats and 1-2 range, and if you're out conquering the entire world you may as well bring your best weapons. If Wahart managed to unite the world against Grima like he intended, i suspect he probably would have used the Falchion against him since it can kill gods (or, at least Duma. IDK if thr Valentian Falchion can actually kill Grima but probably not since even though Alm can KO Grima with it in Thabes he's still alive and well in Awakening so it probably just can seal him for some time, not kill).

More of just a theory with no real evidence but eh, seems at least possible.

15 hours ago, V-raptor Valentia said:

I like to think Walhart just has it chilling somewhere in Valm castle. The reason it's never used? Because Wolf Berg has better stats and 1-2 range, and if you're out conquering the entire world you may as well bring your best weapons. If Wahart managed to unite the world against Grima like he intended, i suspect he probably would have used the Falchion against him since it can kill gods (or, at least Duma. IDK if thr Valentian Falchion can actually kill Grima but probably not since even though Alm can KO Grima with it in Thabes he's still alive and well in Awakening so it probably just can seal him for some time, not kill).

More of just a theory with no real evidence but eh, seems at least possible.

Haha, I'd love to see that - Chrom goes into the Valmese treasure chamber and there's just another Falchion sitting there chilling with a "break glass only in event of dragon god attack" label on the case(somebody draw that for us all because that would be hilarious). I think the reason that the Kingsfang Falchion didn't kill Grima for good is the same reason the BoL Falchion couldn't in Awakening - Grima had to be destroyed by his own power, hence the only real reason Robin even needed to be in the game.

17 hours ago, Light Strategist said:

why Chrom's and Marth's Falchion is supposedly the same but looks wildly different.

I believe Lucina and Owain's Supports explain this one for me - the blade lasted the ridiculous amount of time just fine as it's a dragon fang, while the hilt, being mere mortal man's materials, couldn't make it and had to be redone. Does it completely explain why there's a big old circle in the middle of the hilt? Not really, but it's the best explanation the developers were willing to give us.

11 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Haha, I'd love to see that - Chrom goes into the Valmese treasure chamber and there's just another Falchion sitting there chilling with a "break glass only in event of dragon god attack" label on the case(somebody draw that for us all because that would be hilarious). I think the reason that the Kingsfang Falchion didn't kill Grima for good is the same reason the BoL Falchion couldn't in Awakening - Grima had to be destroyed by his own power, hence the only real reason Robin even needed to be in the game.

I believe Lucina and Owain's Supports explain this one for me - the blade lasted the ridiculous amount of time just fine as it's a dragon fang, while the hilt, being mere mortal man's materials, couldn't make it and had to be redone. Does it completely explain why there's a big old circle in the middle of the hilt? Not really, but it's the best explanation the developers were willing to give us.

It's basically just art style difference and little more. As far as the characters are concerned, it's the same as usual.

On 6/1/2017 at 7:42 PM, SoulWeaver said:

An excellent(and unfortunately unanswered) question, one that hopefully will get answered soon, if not in FE Switch like I hope it will then in a different game. For now, though, we have nothing to go on save our own imaginations as Awakening - currently our only view of the future of Archanea and Valentia - never mentioned the Kingsfang Falchion or even that there was more than one Falchion. I would have at least settled for Alm Einherjar being able to use Falchion as a nod to the game, but nope.

One possibility that I came up with involves Grima, who appears in the Thabes Labyrinth post-game in Echoes. Alm seals him away using the Kingsfang Falchion for 1000 years(assuming that Naga stating that Grima would be sealed for 1k years if Chrom killed him in Awakening is from prior experience), and it's stated in the credits endings that the Dynasty created by Alm lasted just about 1000 years. Awakening is also set around 2000 years after Shadow Dragon and consequently Echoes assuming what I read about the timeline was true, and the first Exalt struck Grima down 1000 years before Awakening, which happens to coincide with both Grima's release from his seal and the end of the Alm Dynasty. Because of this, my theory is that because Alm never fully realized what Grima was and/or believed him completely destroyed, he never prepared any countermeasures for the event of Grima's return. 1k yrs. later, Grima wakes up, probably ticked off, finds his way to Valentia, destroys the Kingsfang Falchion(after all, it likely lost some of its power by that time just as BoL Falchion had its power sealed by the time the first Exalt came around and could be destroyed by a sufficient amount of power not to mention that Valentia had no Prism Mountain equivalent where the last Alm Dynast could have performed the Awakening necessary to defeat Grima once more) and ends the Alm Dynasty simultaneously(this could also be a reasonable time for the continent to have changed its name to Valm), then returns to Archanea, where the first Exalt, whoever he/she may be(hope we get that for a game too, btw), seals Grima away, likely in the location of the Dragon's Table as I can't really see why else the place would mean so much to the Grimleal. Speaking of, this would mean that the Grimleal are a fairly new religion in the history of Archanea/Valentia, likely a split-off part of the old Duma Faithful.

Anyways, it's not a definite answer by any means, but hopefully that sounds good enough for you to be content with it until we actually find out, if we ever do.

.......That honestly makes so much sense, I now consider it canon despite there being no official word on it.

On 6/2/2017 at 2:23 PM, SoulWeaver said:

Magic. When the First Exalt rose up and recollected the Falchion and the Gemstones, he probably brought them to Naga and she reforged the Falchion. The Holy Weapons of Jugdral have lost a good chunk of their power by time of Awakening, so it's fully possible that the Falchion, which is weaker outside of its anti-dragon properties, ended up needing to be reforged to best Grima. And in the process of powering up the Falchion again, its physical form changed.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer