An emulator problem.

Flee Fleet!

If this topic is not supposed to be in General, then please move it to it's proper place.

Anyways, it's been some days since I used DeSmuMe, which is an emulator for DS games.

I decided to use it again yesterday and continue with a game I was playing, but for some reason, all the games are lagging extremely, with the exception of two of them.

I don't know why it's causing all the games to work so slow and be so laggy. Is it because I didn't use it for some time or is there another reason, and how can I solve this problem?

Thanks in advance for a solution.

Edited by Flee Fleet!

Is there anything else running in the background that could drive it to be slower?

5 hours ago, Darros said:

Is there anything else running in the background that could drive it to be slower?

Besides having a few internet tabs opened, no.

2 hours ago, Harvey said:

Have you tried NoGba? Its a pretty good emulator for DS as well.

I rather keep using DeSmuMe as of now, but unless the problem isn't fixed, then I guess I'll try it.

EDIT: Is it possible that the problem is in the roms themselves, and not the emulator?

I should also mention that my other emulator, Virtual Boy Advance, and all GBA roms, work perfectly fine, so it's just a problem with the DS emulator and games.

Edited by Flee Fleet!

On 6/2/2017 at 7:15 AM, Flee Fleet! said:

Besides having a few internet tabs opened, no.

Eh, you'd be surprised how much of an impact that can have. That helps slow down any of the emulators on my laptop (including VBA)

What browser is it? That could be an issue too (especially Chrome)

On 6/2/2017 at 7:15 AM, Flee Fleet! said:

EDIT: Is it possible that the problem is in the roms themselves, and not the emulator?

I should also mention that my other emulator, Virtual Boy Advance, and all GBA roms, work perfectly fine, so it's just a problem with the DS emulator and games.

I honestly think that's unlikely, though if a game has atrocious frame rates/slowdown as is, that could be torturous with the emulator showing down as well

Also, are there other emulators that have issues?

58 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Eh, you'd be surprised how much of an impact that can have. That helps slow down any of the emulators on my laptop (including VBA)

What browser is it? That could be an issue too (especially Chrome)

I use Chrome.

Also I did close the tabs, and after a while, opened up DeSmuMe. The games still lagged.

59 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I honestly think that's unlikely, though if a game has atrocious frame rates/slowdown as is, that could be torturous with the emulator showing down as well

Also, are there other emulators that have issues?

The games I have don't have low frame rates, as they worked fine before this problem happened. However the music sometimes lagged a bit or didn't sound properly for most of them (but according to the emulators page, from where I downloaded it, stated that it would do that often. Pausing the game a few times fixes it though).

Like I said, my other emulator, VBA works fine. 

It could be your computer specs. DeSmuMe is an emulator known for its accuracy, and low-spec computers will struggle to run it in real time because of the extra computing required.

Also, did you change your emulator settings some time ago?

Edited by In The Beginning

On 6/4/2017 at 4:02 AM, In The Beginning said:

It could be your computer specs. DeSmuMe is an emulator known for its accuracy, and low-spec computers will struggle to run it in real time because of the extra computing required.

I'll need to check the specs then.

On 6/4/2017 at 4:02 AM, In The Beginning said:

Also, did you change your emulator settings some time ago?

Nope.

• 3 weeks later...

Hiiii

So I totally forgot about this thread. Reason? Well, I somehow temporarily "fixed" my DS. Apparently upon loading a game on the emulator, and then have my laptop "sleep" (you all know what that is), and then turning it on again, the game doesn't lag anymore (in fact it seems like it became faster than normal, but maybe that's just me). Now, I decided to load the game again. It was again, lagging severely. I had my laptop sleep again, turned it on again, and it got fixed.

This,  doesn't last for long though, the game starts to lag shortly after again (but not as bad as it initially was)

....Can someone explain to me why it gets temporarily fixed by the sleep option, of all things?

also sorry if my wording was not good here.

Edited by Flee Fleet!