Compilation of FE1/3/11/12/13/14 Units available for Warriors

Jedi

3 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Right, but comparing the guy who started the archetype vs. a middling Awakening character, it seems like the guy who started the archetype is more of a shoe-in.

Obviously a middling Awakening character is going to be more popular than 90% of FE characters, but I feel like they're going to have to respect legacy to some degree, otherwise the game would just be Marth, Caeda, Navarre and then everyone from Awakening and Fates.

Well, who's telling you that won't be the case? They never said there was going to be equal representation amongst the selected games.

If anything, the fact that there are selected games at all kinda indicates that the series' legacy isn't their focus at all.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I never said she'd make it, I was just trying to answer how popular she is. Unfortunately, they'd probably go with the Fates version (although I think people like her less) since she was gen. 1. 

She was the second most popular female kid actually with Lucina taking first. I believe she was rated 7th overall for the females which is not bad, but I'm fairly certain that poll was pretty limited.

She was 7th for females back when Awakening came out, 17th most popular female in Fates, and 47th most popular overall in the CYL poll. If they're choosing based off of popularity, which is very likely, especially for Awakening and Fates, then I'd say her chances aren't as good as they'd be if Awakening had just come out. But we're 5 years away from Awakening(Nearly 6 for Japan by the time FEW comes out).

15 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Well, who's telling you that won't be the case? They never said there was going to be equal representation amongst the selected games.

If anything, the fact that there are selected games at all kinda indicates that the series' legacy isn't their focus at all.

They said they were mostly picking from SD, Awakening and Fates. If they were going to include only 3 characters from SD, then they'd have said "We're mostly picking from Awakening and Fates". The wording seems to indicate that they'll probably give somewhat equal attention to all 3(Though I don't doubt that Awakening and Fates will get more attention). As much as Awakening and Fates are the money makers, FE1/SD is the franchises' legacy, and IS/everyone who touches the FE franchise seems to give FE1 way more dues than people give the first game of other franchises that are 30 years old.

Edited by Slumber

1 hour ago, Slumber said:

They said they were mostly picking from SD, Awakening and Fates. If they were going to include only 3 characters from SD, then they'd have said "We're mostly picking from Awakening and Fates". The wording seems to indicate that they'll probably give somewhat equal attention to all 3(Though I don't doubt that Awakening and Fates will get more attention). As much as Awakening and Fates are the money makers, FE1/SD is the franchises' legacy, and IS/everyone who touches the FE franchise seems to give FE1 way more dues than people give the first game of other franchises that are 30 years old.

I think it's mostly IS caring about their roots really. The fact that Awakening, their "final" fantasy of sorts, is a love letter to Archanea... it's very telling in and of itself.

And also I was exaggerating on purpose, though it certainly seems possible that the original'd get the shorthand of the stick overall.

Edited by Cysx

20 minutes ago, Cysx said:

I think it's mostly IS caring about their roots really. The fact that Awakening, their "final" fantasy of sorts, is a love letter to Archanea... it's very telling in and of itself.

And also I was exaggerating on purpose, though it certainly seems possible that the original'd get the shorthand of the stick overall.

There's also Heroes and TMS.

TMS had only Awakening and Archanae, mostly due to Fates coming out in the middle of development, but TMS had 16 Archanae representatives, 10 Awakening representatives, and Tiki, who could count for both(Though her design is clearly based off of the Archanae design).

And Heroes at launch was pretty much Fates, Awakening, Archanae and Elibe, though it was mostly weighted towards Fates, with Awakening getting the second most representation.

8 minutes ago, Slumber said:

And Heroes at launch was pretty much Fates, Awakening, Archanae and Elibe, though it was mostly weighted towards Fates, with Awakening getting the second most representation.

Actually, Elibe had Awakening beat at launch with 24, even when you don't count the four GHB units that existed as enemies. Currently, Elibe has 35 to Awakening's 19 thanks to GHB and other updates, while Awakening and Fates have had no updates besides the limited time spring and bride banners. 

Just now, Gustavos said:

Actually, Elibe had Awakening beat at launch with 24, even when you don't count the four GHB units that existed as enemies. Currently, Elibe has 35 to Awakening's 19 thanks to GHB and other updates, while Awakening and Fates have had no updates besides the limited time spring and bride banners. 

Really?

I kept pulling Bartre, so I guess I missed the other Elibe representatives.

3 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Really?

I kept pulling Bartre, so I guess I missed the other Elibe representatives.

Yes, but you were correct with Fates. Starting with a massive 30, and only one is GHB. They decided that not just every Fates royal should be in from the start, but their retainers too. 

Also, I kind of find it a tragedy that Fates was in development when TMS released. Azura would have been a brilliant choice for a Mirage character in a game about singing and performing.

1 hour ago, The DanMan said:

@Arthur97 Forgot Lucina-- guess I don't really hold her as second gen.

@Slumber Also possible; it's really just wait and see at this point.

She has a tendency to blend into gen 1.

55 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

Which I find really weird. I can get that they don't want to flood it with Awakening characters, but I think it's safe to add a few at this point.

9 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Which I find really weird. I can get that they don't want to flood it with Awakening characters, but I think it's safe to add a few at this point.

Yeah, besides GHB with Awakening villains I think hitting us with Future Past is the most likely Awakening-centric update. People don't seem to be clamoring for guys like Vaike, Miriel, or Say'ri.

Edit: whoops, meant to post this in that Heroes thread.

Edited by Gustavos

1 minute ago, Gustavos said:

Yeah, besides GHB with Awakening villains I think hitting us with Future Past is the most likely Awakening-centric update. People don't seem to be clamoring for guys like Vaike, Miriel, or Say'ri.

Sumia!

1 minute ago, Emeraldfox said:

Shouldn't Yukimura be in the thief pool? Mechanists can use bows and daggers.

It's because his base class is apothecary, which uses only bows.

5 hours ago, Emeraldfox said:

Shouldn't Yukimura be in the thief pool? Mechanists can use bows and daggers.

He doesn't have steal.

Just wanted to pop in and say that I love Severa and really love her Selena version, so I would go absolutely bananas if she was in the game. Selena gives her a chance to be a bow knight, which would just be amazing.

Bow knights / nomad troopers / whatevertheheckwecallarchiesonhorsies are my favorite class, and it would be so so much fun for me to gallop through a sea of enemies and raining death on them. If it was BB I'd have loved for Sue (or you know, Tobin), but I'd really love to see either Selena, Inigo, or Niles as a mounted bow/sword user.

That's a great list Jedi - thank you for putting it together! I'm personally most hoping for Camus, Merric, & Minerva.

1 hour ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

Just wanted to pop in and say that I love Severa and really love her Selena version, so I would go absolutely bananas if she was in the game. Selena gives her a chance to be a bow knight, which would just be amazing.

I'm not saying I dislike Severa/Selena. She's one of the handful of Awakening characters that I don't have an immediate negative reaction to when I see her pop up.

I'm just saying, she doesn't really fit a unique role, and she's not as popular as she once used to be, so it's tough for me to see her show up as opposed to other characters that would probably fit her role a bit better.

3 hours ago, Slumber said:

I'm not saying I dislike Severa/Selena. She's one of the handful of Awakening characters that I don't have an immediate negative reaction to when I see her pop up.

I'm just saying, she doesn't really fit a unique role, and she's not as popular as she once used to be, so it's tough for me to see her show up as opposed to other characters that would probably fit her role a bit better.

Yeah, I'm not gonna argue that - I just wanted to pop in as people were wondering where some of her fans were. Here I am! lol.

If a bow knight would make it the game, who do you think they would use? I doubt very much Castor as he'd be competition over both Gordin/Jeorge, the most obvious Archanea picks (Unless Wolf/Sedgar show up, which would be sweet). Virion or Niles seem like they would be the obvious picks. Of the two I'd really like to see Niles, but if I had to pick any from those 3 games it would be Selena.

21 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

Give me One-Hit-KO-Man over Tsundere Number 77 any day.

Don't you worry about that. Because after Fates she took an Outrealm to modern day Tokyo later transferred her consciousness into a young not-identical clone of herself which she had a man with red hair adopt. She then continued to be angry at things and also insecure. Ultimately she sided with a really stupid hypocrite guy named Ronaldo (who makes Chrom look like a genius and dispassionate leader) when to came to the future of humanity. Fortunately the Shining One convinced her of her awful error and we all worked to together to overthrow totem robo Kirby.

*Ahem* Ogma takes precedence as the original and memorable Mercenary/Hero. Barst vs. Vaike vs. Arthur can go any way, but I'd prefer Barst (Charlotte would come off as pure fanservice).

I'd actually like Effie or Benny over Draug (or Kellam); just because Draug got into TMS doesn't mean he has to be in Warriors.

Gordin started an archetype (of subpar units), but Virion, the hopefully the last bad early Archer, has personality and TMS on his side. Zero Zero (I've been playing too much XCX- Niles) might have a chance. Fujin Yumi is guaranteed of course. 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

They have to put Arthur in as a joke character; they are seriously losing out on an awesome character if they don't. 

I will riot if they don't. Or, at the very least, pout unhappily for a while until I get over it. 

Edited by saisymbolic

1 hour ago, saisymbolic said:

They have to put Arthur in as a joke character; they are seriously losing out on an awesome character if they don't. 

I will riot if they don't. Or, at the very least, pout unhappily for a while until I get over it/ 

Axe user, unique design, funny and enjoyable character. Potential for a fun moveset. I can see him being one of the likely candidates of Fates.

Im sort of hoping for Peri. I know everyone hates that character, but as far as gameplay goes she is one of my favorite characters in the series. She was a beast in all of my playthroughs of Fates (Lancer Peri is amazing). Peri is one of the few that automatically has a spot on the team in every run of the game, so I will kind of miss her if she is absent in Warriors.

Edited by Tolvir

12 hours ago, Jedi said:

He doesn't have steal.

Well...none of the thieves in Awakening/Fates have steal. The defining skill for them is locktouch. And you're right that Yukimura doesn't have it. His base class is apothecary, an archer that drinks potions real well. Also he's Hoshido's tactician, so either of those "classes" suit him better than "thief"

Edited by Gustavos

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

*Ahem* Ogma takes precedence as the original and memorable Mercenary/Hero. Barst vs. Vaike vs. Arthur can go any way, but I'd prefer Barst (Charlotte would come off as pure fanservice).

I'd actually like Effie or Benny over Draug (or Kellam); just because Draug got into TMS doesn't mean he has to be in Warriors.

Gordin started an archetype (of subpar units), but Virion, the hopefully the last bad early Archer, has personality and TMS on his side. Zero Zero (I've been playing too much XCX- Niles) might have a chance. Fujin Yumi is guaranteed of course. 

I feel like we're missing a balding badass here

I feel like the choice of Arthur/Effie and Benny/Charlotte comes down to which duo they want in the game. Although I feel like if they're gonna have an armoured unit in the game from Archanea, it's gonna be the promoted Lorenz or Sheena.

On their own I doubt the Fates options here can get in, but if they were marketed as a pair then it could work.

I'm secretly hoping for Effie in the vain desire that she actually get a dub voice that matches with the original for once.

Jeorge is the most likely to get in who's not Takumi.

Hero Wrys as a possible joke character but I can see Arthur taking that spot. 

As for Draug, thanks to Heroes and TMS, he could actually use all 3 main types of weapons and...if IS ever decides to acknowledge it, bows since Generals coud use them in Shadow Dragon. He could also get an alt palette based on Mamori's Carnage Form. TMS also provides him with more references for attacks and even ice element. I wouldn't be surprised if Lorenz makes it. 

Jeorge has Parthia which could put him in Warriors instead of Gordin. Virion has his personality and TMS for reference data in his favor and Jake would be the most unique of the bunch by bringing his ballista. 

On 6/3/2017 at 5:14 AM, Thane said:

I see what you did there, you little trickster you! 

Glad to see my effort was noticed. 

On 6/3/2017 at 3:35 PM, DaloDask said:

Jeorge is the most likely to get in who's not Takumi.

18 hours ago, Lord-Zero said:

Jeorge has Parthia which could put him in Warriors instead of Gordin. Virion has his personality and TMS for reference data in his favor and Jake would be the most unique of the bunch by bringing his ballista. 

As much as I want Jeorge, I don't think he gets priority over Takumi or Gordin (an archetype starter)

Also @Gustavos I meant locktouch sorry haha.

Edited by Jedi