Tempest Torture

Arthur97

We've seen almost everything from the mini-direct video, and yet we've not heard anything about the teaser with the Dragon's Table and Masked Lucina. I'm curious as to what others think it is. The thought crossed my mind that she may be a GHB, but the fact that she was shown in the party seems to contradict that. Maybe it's a new story chapter, but I'm not sure. What do you think?

Edit: Tempest Trials is the name of the new mode and it features multiple difficulties Higher difficulties have more battles and different numbers of teams that you can use which is essentially your lives. Everytime you, well, die, you can restart the map making a new team of other units. The enemies all respawn, but they have 20% less HP and reset cooldown on their specials. Also keep in mind that your own HP and cooldown carries over from map to map.

Score is based on maps cleared, speed, survival, and bonus allies. There are two sets of bonus allies: one for 20 and another for 40 percent. For 40% (assuming the pictures are accurate) we have: Male Robin, Lucina, Nowi, and Tharja. For 20% it's: Female Robin, "Marth," Lissa, and Alphonse.

Rewards are delved out based on cumulative score as well as rank. Prizes include "Marth" at both 4 and 5 star as well as two sacred seals: Breath of Life 1 and Quickened Pulse which lowers cooldown by one at the start of turn 1.

There is also a special event during the first five days (until the 13th at 2:59 a.m. EST) if over 1 billion points are scored, all players get 5,000 feathers and 10 orbs. The event itself is active until early the 22nd.

Good luck!

Edited by Arthur97

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the article posted on the SF homepage about the Bridal Blessings banner, an update will take place next week according to the official FEH Twitter page.

This is likely the Twitter post in question:

Vortex mode could be arriving next week - it is the only thing mentioned from the FEH Channel video that has yet to be available in the game.

Unless I'm mistaken, that part was showcasing the Vortex "perma-death" mode, which is coming "very soon".

I'm assuming Masked Lucina will be a foe you have to fight and you'll be able to acquire a (possibly 5-star) version of her somehow.

The story behind the Vortex is all kinds of nonsense (a bunch of Outrealms got linked together), so anything can happen.

I expect the masked Lucina to likely be the reward for beating it.

I hope it actually does come soon. I've been leveling up more of my unused 5* and 4* units to be backups to toss at it in case my others die. If they handle it well it stands to be a really fun event.

5 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Unless I'm mistaken, that part was showcasing the Vortex "perma-death" mode, which is coming "very soon".

I'm assuming Masked Lucina will be a foe you have to fight and you'll be able to acquire a (possibly 5-star) version of her somehow.

The story behind the Vortex is all kinds of nonsense (a bunch of Outrealms got linked together), so anything can happen.

Wait, there's a story?

2 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I expect the masked Lucina to likely be the reward for beating it.

I hope it actually does come soon. I've been leveling up more of my unused 5* and 4* units to be backups to toss at it in case my others die. If they handle it well it stands to be a really fun event.

Can you use the rest of your units to replace fallen ones? If you can then I seriously doubt I'd lose.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

Wait, there's a story?

Can you use the rest of your units to replace fallen ones? If you can then I seriously doubt I'd lose.

Yeah, there's dialogue. Hmm, if you think about it, it's essentially a mini Fire Emblem campaign. Although in terms of actual story, I wouldn't expect too much.

Well, tried auto-translate...that was a mistake. However, I did see what appeared to be a replacement mechanic so my five stars should finally be able to truly shine.

Edited by Arthur97

7 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Following the formula of regular FE games' permadeath, of course. You might get in a bad spot if you lose one of your main decked out units and don't have them for later maps though. I'll probably try to do early maps with my 4* and non-SI units to make sure my best units are alive for later maps. I'm just assuming they'll be pretty hard if a 5* unit is dangling as the reward at the end of it all. I'm gonna guess at least the last few maps will be like GHB difficulty.

Just now, Alkaid said:

Following the formula of regular FE games' permadeath, of course. You might get in a bad spot if you lose one of your main decked out units and don't have them for later maps though. I'll probably try to do early maps with my 4* and non-SI units to make sure my best units are alive for later maps. I'm just assuming they'll be pretty hard if a 5* unit is dangling as the reward at the end of it all. I'm gonna guess at least the last few maps will be like GHB difficulty.

Is she confirmed to be 5? I know she had Falchion, but they may have just been showing off. Still, that's probably a good idea. I might give them a decent 5* support though. Bridelia comes to mind.

6 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Is she confirmed to be 5? I know she had Falchion, but they may have just been showing off. Still, that's probably a good idea. I might give them a decent 5* support though. Bridelia comes to mind.

I don't remember if a tweet mentioned it being 5* or simple that you can get a hero from it, but that's what's been constantly passed around about it. They certainly didn't confirm the masked Lucina is the reward in question, despite it seeming pretty likely given the trailer. I wonder how people would feel if that Lucina is actually just part of the alt costume banner for the choose your legend contest(that they could release at the same time).

12 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I don't remember if a tweet mentioned it being 5* or simple that you can get a hero from it, but that's what's been constantly passed around about it. They certainly didn't confirm the masked Lucina is the reward in question, despite it seeming pretty likely given the trailer. I wonder how people would feel if that Lucina is actually just part of the alt costume banner for the choose your legend contest(that they could release at the same time).

I would...eh, I like the idea of a free Lucina (one step closer to my army of Lucinas), but it would not be the end of the world. Kind of curious as to how she'll be different from vanilla, or if she'll be different.

2 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I would...eh, I like the idea of a free Lucina (one step closer to my army of Lucinas), but it would not be the end of the world. Kind of curious as to how she'll be different from vanilla, or if she'll be different.

I hope she's a free reward too. I'd be happy even if she's just 4*. It would help alleviate my pain of still having no regular or bunny Lucinas still.

Edited by Alkaid

2 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I hope she's a free reward too. I'd be happy even if she's just 4*. It would help alleviate my pain of still having no regular or bunny Lucinas still.

I would definitely be dipping into my feather reserve even if masked is my least favorite of the three.

18 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

They said the CYL banner would be at the end of the summer, right? So much later than this seems to be planned for.

Apparently between that, this, and everything else, Lucina will get at least four costumes.

20 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I am both fine with her getting so many variants because she's one of my favorite characters, but also not okay because I insist on getting them all.

That's me with Camilla and Cordelia. You don't know how safe I felt about being able to ignore the wedding banner and then they go and throw Cordelia in there. I'd love to collect Lucinas too but the luck just hasn't been there.

6 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

That's me with Camilla and Cordelia. You don't know how safe I felt about being able to ignore the wedding banner and then they go and throw Cordelia in there. I'd love to collect Lucinas too but the luck just hasn't been there.

I have so far been fortunate with Bridelia (even if I don't care for her "conversation") and regular Cordelia. Same with Lucina. I mean, I have 8 orbs right now (some of which went to get Caeda and finish the wedding banner) but I have them. I've pretty much come to the conclusion to only summon during limited events.

3 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I have so far been fortunate with Bridelia (even if I don't care for her "conversation") and regular Cordelia. Same with Lucina. I mean, I have 8 orbs right now (some of which went to get Caeda and finish the wedding banner) but I have them. I've pretty much come to the conclusion to only summon during limited events.

Luckily I have both Cordelias as well, and both Camillas, and I'm very happy about it. I tried hard for regular Lucina back on the princess gauntlet banner with like 150 orbs and just walked away with 2 Erikas, Marth and Chrom (yes, Marth and Chrom despite pulling on the princess one). And I tried for Bunny Lucina after I secured Camilla but ended up with a fabulous benchwarmer Xander instead. And I second waiting for limited events. I'm definitely doing that after this banner until the inevitable swimsuit one, since I bet Camilla or at least somebody else I like will be on that one.

If a special Lucina really is the reward for finishing the War Vortex stuff, I wonder what characters they might consider for future events. Perhaps just hitting more superstar characters like Ike or Lyn, I suppose. I'll just sit and hope for a special event Cordelia that won't happen.

7 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Luckily I have both Cordelias as well, and both Camillas, and I'm very happy about it. I tried hard for regular Lucina back on the princess gauntlet banner with like 150 orbs and just walked away with 2 Erikas, Marth and Chrom (yes, Marth and Chrom despite pulling on the princess one). And I tried for Bunny Lucina after I secured Camilla but ended up with a fabulous benchwarmer Xander instead. And I second waiting for limited events. I'm definitely doing that after this banner until the inevitable swimsuit one, since I bet Camilla or at least somebody else I like will be on that one.

If a special Lucina really is the reward for finishing the War Vortex stuff, I wonder what characters they might consider for future events. Perhaps just hitting more superstar characters like Ike or Lyn, I suppose. I'll just sit and hope for a special event Cordelia that won't happen.

I ended up with 2 Spring Camillas and 3 Xanders. Makes me wish you could trade. I still have them since I have nothing to use them for but don't want to just send them home. I actually got Lucina in the first one (I had to pay and am not proud about that, but I got her on my first pull with those orbs). I ended up getting one at random in I think it was the Ike banner though. So she's +1 now and I'm out about 13 dollars.

I think maybe RD Ike or maybe great lord Lyn could work. Wouldn't mind seeing great lord Lucina or Chrom either.

Thanks, that video made me more confused.  Doesn't someone around here speak Japanese?  Could they provide some insight into the video?

It definitely looked to me like a huge reward of a random rare character, presumably at the end or after you've amassed a ton of 'points'?

Edited by Lushen

I had a theory that this mode would coincide with a massive Future Past banner plus paralogue with Awakening Gen 2s, including the Masked Marth that we see in the video. But I know so little about this vortex mode that I can't really speculate on anything.

I hope the reward isn't yet another Lucina. I don't care about her at all and I'd rather be able to earn orbs, feathers, shards, and crystals and stuff from it.