Tempest Torture

Arthur97

9 minutes ago, Falcom said:

I haven't noticed until now how annoying Veronica is on map 7. Tharja just can't take the beating. What are some good methods about how you are able to defeat her? (And no. I do not have a Celica to delete her)

Reveal hidden contents

*repeatedly presses broken delete button*

Currently sitting at 3k points

I usually try to take out everyone else on the map and then gang up on her.   Even my reds can't beat her on their own, but usually two units is enough as long as one isn't blue.  

Edited by pumpkinspice48

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My last round was a bloodbath- had to resort to my third team before beating it. Still got around 560 points out of it, but it's frustrating to lose a team because the enemy units have been buffed just enough to avoid getting ORKO'd. 

At the very least it was fun seeing Veronica get utterly wrecked by Celica. 

2 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

I'm more asking about Veronica's stats between the 5-map Lunatic trial and the 7-map Lunatic trial. From what it looks like, there's no difference so it's safe to assume that the only change in difficulty is just having to do 2 more maps in the 7-map one.

Ah, okay, that wasn't clear that that was what you were asking. I don't know if Veronica's stats change between the two levels. It would also make sense to ask if the stats of the underlings also change, along with their skillsets. Veronica might remain the same, but the other characters are stronger. But I don't know the answer to that.

Managed to get a 4th Lunatic clear but got a D-rank in Speed (564 pts total). The fact that a D-rank in Speed gives the same score modifier as an A-rank in Survival is definitely going to raise some eyebrows.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Wow, that was close. Lost Lissa and went into the last match with a weakened team (Lucina self heals though). Lucina was the sole survivor, but she was able to pull off a win.

495 if you were wondering.

Edited by Arthur97

19 minutes ago, Falcom said:

I haven't noticed until now how annoying Veronica is on map 7. Tharja just can't take the beating. What are some good methods about how you are able to defeat her? (And no. I do not have a Celica to delete her)

I buff Tharja or super buff Nino to ORKO her. Achievable enough with Buffraim on the team.

Do you guys think we'll reach the 1bill points goal in 5 days? This milestone looks hard to beat. 

I can't believe this worked.

Nowi (+Res -Def) TA3, Vantage 2 (never triggered), Threaten Res 3, and Attack 1 Seal. Lightning Breath+, Rally Def, and Bonfire.

Cain (Spd -Res) TA3, empty B slot, Threaten Att 3, no Seal. Brave Sword+, no assist, Dragon Gaze

Nino (+Att -Def) Fury 3, Desperation 3, Hone Att 3, Speed +1 Seal. Gronnblade+, Draw Back, Moonbow

Priscilla (+Att -Hp) HP +5, Live to Serve 2, Hone Att 3, Fortify Res 1 Seal. Fear, Rehabilitate, Swift-Winds Balm.

Nino was kept under 75% hp to keep Desperation triggered while everyone huddled around Priscilla, with Nowi and Cain moving within the enemies attack range if they can benefit from TA3. Veronica couldn't do anything to Cain, and while this was more luck than anything, Boey could do crap as well. Priscilla was an asset with Rehabilitate being so op and just being able to heal so much at once. That carried me through the mess that is Tempest Trials Lunatic.

And here I was thinking it was okay to throw out your weaker units first... though I was probably just lucky...

Edited by Xenomata

15 minutes ago, Kiran said:

I buff Tharja or super buff Nino to ORKO her. Achievable enough with Buffraim on the team.

Do you guys think we'll reach the 1bill points goal in 5 days? This milestone looks hard to beat. 

How many players do we have playing?  If I play five times a day (100 stamina) and average 200 points per play, I'll have 1,000 points a day, or 5,000 points in five days.  If 200,000 players do that, we hit 1B points.  And from the sounds of it, most players are doing twice or thrice as well as I am, so we should need considerably less.

13 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

Given my roster below, can anyone recommend which characters I should level up to help me stand a chance in Lunatic?  Thanks in advance.

Reveal hidden contents

Roster-20170608.thumb.png.d9a18b169aef3649c03b1f328e867d59.png

hmm...Tharja is a keeper, my +Def/-Spd one did 25x2 to Veronica with no buffs i'm pretty sure so if she's buffed by Olivia hone atk +3 she may be able to two-shot, if not then a small buff elsewhere from like the +1 Fortify Res seal..i'd maybe use F!Robin or Ursula to deal with the two cav units, and S. Lucina if you need an extra blue to take care of the non-Veronica goon squad. Tharja/Olivia/Ursula or F!Robin/someoneee...Kagerou??

EDIT: a healer is good too, looks like your Serra is the most trained i can't really see 

what i've still been doing is going through the first 6 maps with one solid team and then surrendering at map 7 and using the "Kill Veronica team" so they can be nice, healthy and ready to roll.

Edited by wizzard of soz

22 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

Given my roster below, can anyone recommend which characters I should level up to help me stand a chance in Lunatic?  Thanks in advance.

Reveal hidden contents

Roster-20170608.thumb.png.d9a18b169aef3649c03b1f328e867d59.png

In order to efficiently get lots of points in Lunatic, you must at least be able to reliably take down foes in all the lunatic maps before Veronica.

So... in my personal opinion I'd say you can use...

• Cecilia (especially with TA) to combat Blue tomes & Archers without worry.
  • Your Bunny Lucina can come in handy, bring her around on your sweeper team if you feel like needing another mage.
  • Barst can come in handy too! He not only has nice ATK and DEF, but also a Reposition to boot.
  • As an alternative, you can also use Camilla. But I still believe Barst is more reliable.
  • Tharja is a must in order to get 1.4x additional score. She can also deal decent damage and can double Veronica, so she's also a good unit against her.
  • Sharena should be brought along to give Tharja some nice buffs. Otherwise, nice flexible unit.
  • Corrin (M) is a good unit, both offensively and defensively. Flexible units like him serve you well.
  • Cain / Ogma can fulfill the same role as Barst, with the additional edge of triangle advantage against Veronica.
  • Feel free to choose between Serra or Clarine for your healer. But I'd say I recommend Lissa because Rehabilitate. And 1.2x if you don't want to use Tharja.
  • Roy can be used as your personal Green & Veronica slayer
  • I recommend bringing Olivia in on the 2nd team and onwards. She will certainly help your backup teams get the edge you need.
  • Donnel is a tough nut to crack. Much more so with a healer. He can be useful.

It seems you have a lack of decent lance units, and that your Camus is far from ready. Make sure you use them wisely. :)

Edited by Lyrai

54 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

right now my method is G Tomebreaker Julia. however, the first win i got was from suiciding 2 mages into her and having the last one finish her. don't be afraid to suicide in, that is a legit strat. even my 3* Sophia did like 19 damage or so which was alright.

I remember sacrificing some units to win a couple of lunatic runs. But I can't seem to pull it off anymore. Also, I'm surprised 3* Sophia can do that much damage. But how are you able to keep her safe so she can face Veronica?

52 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Lucina and then have Nino finish her off.

I've been using a 4* Nino as part of my starting team, and she's been doing her best. So I'm think she'll stay with that role. However, I'll try to have Lucina defeat Veronica (assuming she can survive long enough).

50 minutes ago, pumpkinspice48 said:

I usually try to take out everyone else on the map and then gang up on her.   Even my reds can't beat her on their own, but usually two units is enough as long as one isn't blue.  

That's also been an issue for me. I mostly end up with Hector being the armor and Reinhardt as the mage cavalier. So I have to sacrifice Tharja in order to get rid of Hector while my other unit struggles to defeat Reinhardt. Once I get rid of both, my team would already be too low on HP that my Reds will die without being able to OHKO Veronica and my only remaining unit would typically be Ninian.

Edited by Falcom

11 minutes ago, Lyrai said:

In order to efficiently get lots of points in Lunatic, you must at least be able to reliably take down foes in all the lunatic maps before Veronica.

So... in my personal opinion I'd say you can use...

• Cecilia (especially with TA) to combat Blue tomes & Archers without worry.
  • Your Bunny Lucina can come in handy, bring her around on your sweeper team if you feel like needing another mage.
  • Barst can come in handy too! He not only has nice ATK and DEF, but also a Reposition to boot.
  • Tharja is a must in order to get 1.4x additional score. She can also deal decent damage and can double Veronica, so she's also a good unit against her.
  • Sharena should be brought along to give Tharja some nice buffs. Otherwise, nice flexible unit.
  • Corrin (M) is a good unit, both offensively and defensively. Flexible units like him serve you well.
  • Cain / Ogma can fulfill the same role as Barst, with the additional edge of triangle advantage against Veronica.
  • Feel free to choose between Serra or Clarine for your healer. They are at their best in the Tempest, where sustainability is key.
  • Roy can be used as your personal Green & Veronica slayer
  • I recommend bringing Olivia in on the 2nd team and onwards. She will certainly help your backup teams get the edge you need.

Thanks.  I'll look on bumping up those on the list who are a little low.  Is Barst really that good, though?  Mine just seems really, really weak from what I've seen of him.

Skill Inheritance done because of Tempest Trials:

Tharja: Moonbow, Desperation 3

Reinhardt: Moonbow, Lancebreaker 3 (not sure if Blue Tomebreaker 3 would be a better option to wipe out enemy Reinhardt and Olwen).

Managed to get A rank in everything, and got 705 points. This seems to be the max points you can get per run on the highest difficulty! My team consists of

• TA Cecilia (with Moonbow + Hone) +ATK -DEF
  • Reindhart (DB3 + Draconic Aura + Hone) ==
  • Tharja (Vanilla) -SPD +RES
  • Clarine (Rehabilitate & Imbue + Renewal 2 + Fortify)

Tharja can do pretty well even without any assistance. Surprisingly okay even with the worst of banes. The rest is Horse Emblem.

Got my first 705 win after ten runs of trying different skills, eventually settled on this team for starts and it's been pretty smooth.

Lucina (+Atk/-Spd): Falchion, Reposition, Aether; Spd+3, Renewal 2, Spur Atk 3, Spd+1 seal

Sharena: Fensalir, Rally Atk, Noontime; Spd+3, Vantage 3, Fortify Def 3, Fortify Res 1 seal

Julia (+Atk/-Spd): Naga, Draw Back, Dragon Fang; Fury 3, Renewal 3, Breath of Life 3, Atk+1 seal

Takumi (+Def/-Res): Fujin Yumi, Draw Back, Vengeance; Close Counter, Vantage 3, Threaten Spd 3

Lots of room for improvement between these guys and all of my closers, but I'm content with how consistent they've been so I'm just gonna roll with it. Renewal is the new queen and I wish I had more than one Fae. 

6016 points in ten runs so far. Still got 80 stamina potions so I'ma gun for 100k. Boy I hope scores cap at 99999.

8 minutes ago, Falcom said:

I remember sacrificing some units to win a couple of lunatic runs. But I can't seem to pull it off anymore. Also, I'm surprised 3* Sophia can do that much damage. But how are you able to keep her safe so she can face Veronica?

yeah me too, tbh. now i'm still having trouble getting rid of the goons first so i can't afford to sacrifice units. it might've been less than 19 actually..my memory is bad. it was in the teens somewhere, and then Veronica takes fury damage either way which makes it a better trade. on that run my other units managed to do the heavy lifting so Sophia just chilled in a corner until her time came.

if you're having trouble with Hectors and stuff and having to sac Tharja to him, i'd say bringing a healer might be worth it, since if you surrender first Hector will start with lower HP which i believe knocks him out of the QR threshold, if that helps. Tharja tanks one axe to the face and then gets the heals. surrendering first and THEN bringing out the A-team is the only thing that's really working for me right now anyways.

i'm not the best source of advice aaaah

1 hour ago, Sire said:

It seems I do not have any sort of tactical superiority. Ever since my first run, instead of improving, I have been doing worse. It doesn't help I do not have an optimized team outside of Ephraim, Erika, Nino, and Ryoma, and they can only handle so much compared to better compositions. (I currently have 2582 points over 5 or 6 runs, with one or two total losses.) 

Team Bonus Filler - Tharja, Sharena, Marth, Camilla (These guys do as much as they can to offload the burden for my main team. Marth is a healer of sorts with Ardent Sacrifice.)
Main Team - Ephraim, Erika, Nino, Ryoma (My general go-to team to handle everything. Thing is, they can't always handle everything here and they greatly depend on each other for synergy. Should one character fall, the entire team basically dies. Nino has Breath of Life to keep HP up.)
The Last Resort - Alfonse, 4* Olivia, 4* F!Robin, Extra (Typically used for the finale, with F!Robin attempting to handle Ursula and Reinhardt when they appear and attempt to salvage some form of victory for these runs. The "Extra" slot depends on what is on the final map at the time.)

So, I am at wit's end and am finding the Tempest Trials more frustrating than challenging. A sample of my roster is in the spoiler below. Any tips?

Hide contents

Note 1: Before you suggest it, my Spring Camilla has a -SPD nature. So, -blade tome will not work well for here since she won't be able to double anything.
Note 2: Ones with the Heart are characters with optimized natures, or characters I am currently putting effort into.
Note 3: My spreadsheet is located here.

s5MZZKF.png

>Not using a healer

That's the single most glaring issue I'm seeing in all of your teams. Unless you've tried squeezing one in somewhere before?

Ardent Sacrifice is a poor substitute for actual healing; even Reciprocal Aid combined with a healer is much more effective. Or you could just run a healer and make all the other assists related to postioning.

Your teams all have good DPS...but that's all they can do. They lack sustain. If they run into a bad matchup even once or twice and they're gimped for the final set of battles. Role compression is a bad idea here if you want to improve your survival as well as save yourself time and frustration.

I'll provide some general tips and make my team recommendation towards the end:

Spoiler

1. Raven Adept + Breaker is king. Damage mitigation is incredibly valuable, and ideally each unit can be a different color with a breaker or QR to counter a troublesome weapon type, with a healer with Recover that can simply recover all their lost health back before the final battle. Your Spring Camilla in particular can pull off the set quite well if you're willing to dump the feathers, seeing as she lacks the Spd to use -Blade effectively.

2. Desperation is an amazing suplex and by the time you're through on a deathless run you will learn to love this skill, especially if you have the Fury fodder to force the proc. For me, just Nino with that skill can clear the vast majority of enemies you come across, even with WTD so long as you have the buffs.

3. Love Dancers. Give them a Hone and they can put in work even if you don't have a 5* one to work with. I personally used Ninian but Ruby Sword Olivia puts in work too.

4. Use Healers. I honestly cannot stress this enough. Most teams lack the raw stats to power through this mode without any sustain. Rehabilitate and Recover are your two best options, but I prefer Rehabilitate, letting you bring back units from the brink. It has saved me so many times, especially on the rare occasion that 1 HP Desperation can't net a KO.

That said, the team I'd recommend follows this format:

Spoiler

-Red Mage

-Green Mage

-Dancer

-Healer

If you want to one-team Lunatic 7 deathless, the red mage in this case will obviously be Tharja. But since mine hasn't been SI'd at all, I settled with Lucina.

However, if you don't want a weak bonus unit dragging you down, you can always field just the bonus unit by themselves for the first map, surrender, then bring out your actual team.

Positioning assists like Draw Back and Reposition come in clutch too, on top of a Dancer for even more flexibility.

The healer and dancer should have positional buffs to synergize with your mage(s), most importantly Hone Atk, Hone Spd, and the Fortify Res seal.

From the units you have, the team I can suggest that would most closely match my strategy is

-Nino

-Olivia

-Literally any healer with Rehabilitate inherited onto them

-Ryoma / Marth / Alfonse, whichever you like best. Alfonse would be best if you had G Tomebreaker though.

Hope this helps!

Edited by MrSmokestack

...I have done something terribly, terribly wrong. Just free stamina runs so far, but I'm proooobably going to use a stamina potion to get rid of that score number D: .

Spoiler

vkyMmKE.jpg

Anyways...Nowi, Nino, Azura, and Elise tfw you don't have a leveled Lucina or Tharja can consistently beat the 7-battle trial with (what I assume to be) full marks, unless I do something really, really stupid. Like not notice Raven's Wings of Mercy and bait a super-high-Res target with Nino. In that case, M!Robin, Celica, Julia, and Ninian have thus far been able to finish things off.

Edited by LordFrigid

I must be mad good at this game, or I'm just extremely lucky to have an almost perfect team that's also optimized. Everyone seems to be having so much trouble...

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

Well, those were some bad runs. Kept losing my decoys too early. Second time I lost Robin which meant that it was essentially over.

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I must be mad good at this game, or I'm just extremely lucky to have an almost perfect team that's also optimized.

Don't rub it in to us peasants.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I must be mad good at this game, or I'm just extremely lucky to have an almost perfect team that's also optimized. Everyone seems to be having so much trouble...

Just because you have TurboTax doesn't suddenly make you good at managing finances.

But hey, you have to work with what you got. I know I can't complain what with Nino suplexing Tempest and all.

@Arthur97 Need a tissue?

1 hour ago, Sire said:

It seems I do not have any sort of tactical superiority. Ever since my first run, instead of improving, I have been doing worse. It doesn't help I do not have an optimized team outside of Ephraim, Erika, Nino, and Ryoma, and they can only handle so much compared to better compositions. (I currently have 2582 points over 5 or 6 runs, with one or two total losses.) 

Team Bonus Filler - Tharja, Sharena, Marth, Camilla (These guys do as much as they can to offload the burden for my main team. Marth is a healer of sorts with Ardent Sacrifice.)
Main Team - Ephraim, Erika, Nino, Ryoma (My general go-to team to handle everything. Thing is, they can't always handle everything here and they greatly depend on each other for synergy. Should one character fall, the entire team basically dies. Nino has Breath of Life to keep HP up.)
The Last Resort - Alfonse, 4* Olivia, 4* F!Robin, Extra (Typically used for the finale, with F!Robin attempting to handle Ursula and Reinhardt when they appear and attempt to salvage some form of victory for these runs. The "Extra" slot depends on what is on the final map at the time.)

So, I am at wit's end and am finding the Tempest Trials more frustrating than challenging. A sample of my roster is in the spoiler below. Any tips?

Reveal hidden contents

Note 1: Before you suggest it, my Spring Camilla has a -SPD nature. So, -blade tome will not work well for here since she won't be able to double anything.
Note 2: Ones with the Heart are characters with optimized natures, or characters I am currently putting effort into.
Note 3: My spreadsheet is located here.

s5MZZKF.png

That's actually quite similar to my team. I run Ephraim (hone speed + reposition), Nino (Fury3), Tharja, and Genny (rehabiliate, fortify res seal). This team can typically pull themselves through. Though I'm thinkng of adding more buffs to the team since Tharja sometimes misses the cutoff, and adding repositon to Tharja as well. At the very least, this team should net you high 500s.