Tempest Torture

Arthur97

I struggled with defeating the final map for the first day, until I dedicated Sanaki to being a Veronica (and other green tome, plus green in general) killer. 

She already had her TA and a +1 merge, but it wasn't enough if Veronica had even done one attack before... 

And then I gave her green tomebreaker. Bang and done! 

Now the only time I get into trouble is if I forget to look out for WoM. That being said, I've not had a game over on it since the first day. Averaging roughly 5-6k a day... Maybe a bit more. I'm holding off on using stamina potions until I see how far I get. The Quickseal should be in the bag, but I'm debating whether the fifteen orbs are worth it... 

Edited by Cute Chao

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning of Day 4: I'm finally getting the hang of this. Current at 14k and tight on stamina potions, but with ten and a half days left I should make it to Quickened Pulse. Only having one solid team hurts but I'm learning the ins and outs of it. Team is Tharja, Olivia, Julia, and Catria. Maps are less of an issue now, and with careful positioning and use of Catria I've been getting around the mage killers. Between last night and this morning I've been seeing runs that clear Lunatic 7.

18 minutes ago, Othin said:

Lack of characters in the datamine doesn't mean anything. We're going to get a new banner on Wednesday, so the update for that one is the one that would contain this month's second GHB.

Looking at the schedule so far, each month has two new banners: one in the first half and one in the second half. Each one contains a new GHB character that gets released while that banner is going on, but that GHB character doesn't become a bonus hero until the characters from the following banner are bonus heroes.

• Ike banner: Xander is released, Zephiel is bonus hero
  • Celica banner: Lloyd is released, Xander is bonus hero
  • Bride banner: Camus is released, Lloyd is bonus hero

And so forth. So Camus not being a bonus hero yet is perfectly in keeping with the usual schedule.

To be fair, it's true that the Tempest Trials are breaking the usual schedule. It's possible that they'll skip a GHB and make Masked Marth the bonus hero after Camus instead of giving that bonus hero spot to a late June GHB character. But there isn't any reason to assume that. Even if they don't want the GHB to overlap with the Tempest Trials event, they could have it be in the last week of June.

As for them releasing all the story heroes, that's definitely not relevant, since we already got Lloyd as a new one. Even if we do miss one GHB for this event, I'm sure they'll go right back to releasing new GHBs starting in early July.

I didn't realize the banner ended that soon.  For some reason I assumed it would end on 6/20, when they're no longer bonus heroes.  That's reassuring, at least. 

34 years ago, Bartozio said:

It seems you have so pretty strong units, but did you run some support units with them? For instance, I find that Tharja and Reinhardt really appreaciate a dancer/buffbot, while I imagine Hector would really like a healer on the team.

For instance, my team consists of Tharja, Reinhardt, Nino and Olivia, where Olivia is only 4*. I have enough 5* units to fill up her slot, but I find that none of them add the same utility that a dancer does.

Do you have any leveled healers or dancers?

I actually do have a few dancers. My main one is Azura, who is the only one at 40 (and who I also gave Hone Atk to for one of the Radiance quests and kept ever since). I also have a level 32 Ninian and a level 35 3* Olivia, who I'll usually use as a dancer to get my first team as far as I can before bringing out the heavier units after.

In terms of healers? The only ones I have trained are a 4* Serra at level 40 and a 5* Sakura who still needs to finish training. I haven't gotten particularly lucky with colorless units. I think I will try to bring Serra along more often.

32 years ago, silverserpent said:

What units do have other than those? Any -raven users? What sort of boosts do you use? Of the ones you're using, what skills do they have?

Spoilered for length: 

Of the aforementioned units, Hector and Ryoma have both inherited Vantage 3, and Reinhardt has inherited Death Blow and Draw Back. Here are my other level 40 units:

• 5* Roy, +Def/-Spd. Inherited Glimmer.
  • 5* Camus. Inherited Moonbow.
  • 5* Bride!Caeda, +Def/-Res. Inherited B Tomebreaker, fairly standard otherwise.
  • 5* Merric, +Def/-Spd. Inherited Fury 2 and Lancebreaker.
  • 5* Fir, +Atk/-Def. Inherited Triangle Adept 3.
  • 4* Nino, +Res/-Def. Inherited Axebreaker, Desperation, Ardent Sacrifice, and Draw Back.
  • 4* RobinM, +Res/-Atk. Inherited Quick Riposte 1 and Triangle Adept.
  • 4* Kagero, +Def/-Res. No inheritance. (Good on Hard mode, but very underwhelming on Lunatic.)
  • 4* Effie, +Def/-Res. Inherited Bonfire.
  • 4* Ursula. Inherited Blarblade.
  • 4* Michalis.

I have a few other ones which could also see some use, but still need training:

• 4*/5* Camilla  (the 5* is untrained)
  • 5* Fae (untrained)
  • 4* Palla
  • 5* Regular!Cordelia, and a 4* one that's actually been trained
  • 5* Jeorge
  • 3* Cecilia, could be upgraded to 4*
  • 4* Gunter
  • 4* Frederick (untrained)
  • 4* Barst
  • 5* Lukas
  • 5* Lucina (Untrained)

So that's about it. It seems like I may have the fixings for a pretty good Horse Emblem team? Gunter (or someone else with his Hone Cavalry) and Cecilia could definitely see some use there with training. Only problem there is I don't have any good red cavaliers  - I have Stahl, who I hear is kinda mediocre, and Xander and Eliwood, both of whom are only really useful at 5* (and I don't think I have a good way of earning another 10k feathers very quickly). Been mulling over maybe giving one of them a Brave Sword and making them a discount Cain, but that's probably ill advised? But anyway, that's where I am right now.

@Arthur97 Definitely not me. The Quick Pulse seal is arguably going to be more valuable than any 5* the game can offer. It's definitely worth working towards especially since you would have already put in so much work for """Marth""" already.

27k at the moment.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

So, who is basically stopping after the 5*?

I'm on pace to get all of the rewards so I'll stop when I'm assuredly within the top 5000...hopefully. I don't plan to burn all of my stamina pots but I'm far from needing to. 

At this point I'm conflicted on whether I want to train the 5*Masked Marth or consider building the -Spd Lucina that's contributed her part in getting this far in the Trials. Probably both eventually.

At this point, I'm starting to care more about Hero Merit than points. I should get the second seal by the end of the first week, which is the last reward I really care about, but there's so much Hero Merit to get that I'll probably end up continuing to play as much as I can, even past 100k.

Haven't used any Stamina Potions yet, though. It does seem like a good time for them, but I'm playing plenty without them. Plus, it'd be cool to make it to 100k without using any.

I just cleared Lunatic Twice in a row! 

This mode is definitely challenging, I've been use my B-team (and it is a B team lol) to get me as far as possible then swap to my A-team and try to get them to finish it off, B-team will sometimes only get my past 1 or 2 but 3-4 is about average

9 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Is it true that Masked Marth can't be merged with another copy of herself (to get a Level 40+1 version)?

No? Assuming both are promoted or you merge the 5* into the lower rarity one, you'll get +1 merge like normal.

What you can't do is merge """Marth""" into Marth or Lucina, for obvious reasons.

@Arthur97 Because it's the best Sacred Seal we've gotten so far?

Edited by MrSmokestack

5 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

No? Assuming both are promoted or you merge the 5* into the lower rarity one, you'll get +1 merge like normal.

What you can't do is merge """Marth""" into Marth or Lucina, for obvious reasons.

@Arthur97 Because it's the best Sacred Seal we've gotten so far?

It's the best, but earlier people seemed to almost dawn over the thing. In any case, I got what I really wanted. Even if masked Lucina is my least favorite Lucina.

Edited by Arthur97

58 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I'm starting to get pretty burnt out but I'm going to try to get the quickened pulse seal.  Luckily at the rate I'm going I should have it by Tuesday, and after that I'll probably stop or at least slow down.  

... And now my entire Tempest Trials team has maxed out on HM.

Olivia was already at max HM before Trials. Reinhardt was close to max HM at the start of the Trials. Bride Lyn had less than 500 HM and Tharja had less than 1K HM at the start of the Trials.

Quickened Pulse is so hilarious in the actual Trials...Lucina has Aether by the 7th battle without having to swing her sword at all =P .

Outside of the trials...idk what I'm going to do with this thing...

11 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Outside of the trials...idk what I'm going to do with this thing...

QR + 3 CD is the way to go honestly. Xander just got a lot more terrifying. There's even Moonbow Reinhardt for defense teams.

2 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

Why would you stop there's a feather reward for continuing to play, along with potential orbs? The quick pulse seal is also extremely valuable, by far the best seal we've gotten in the game. The quick pulse seal is my ultimate goal, but I'm gonna to be going beyond it because I want to feathers and orbs are a good enough bonus, even if I managed to cap out on rewards I'm keep on going so I can keep my current ranking and earn more feathers. 

Edited by Locke087

Definitely not me, the seal is a nice incentive to keep going and I also want to try and get the 10k feather reward (although considering where I'm standing right now that seems pretty unlikely)

Probably me, at this rate. While I'd love to get quickened pulse, based on where I am right now I think I'd be lucky if I even made it to 5* Marth by the end. I just don't seem to have what it takes. This is especially true since final exams start for me on Friday, and it would be much better to study than to spend a few extra hours grinding and grinding.