Tempest Torture

Arthur97

1 hour ago, Arthur97 said:

Back on topic, my Nino now has Desparation. Hasn't really helped yet.

You need a dancer or units with repositioning abilities since she cannot take a hit, but Desperation Nino single-handedly takes on everything that isn't red (and some things that are) for me, including Veronica and Hector. Are you also running fury or L&D? It isn't uncommon for Nino to sit at 1hp for the last 6 maps and still do the vast majority of the killing on my team. I run her with Eirika, Azura, and a quasi-healer 4* Tharja I made special for this event.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Psh what?

You can do the old "One team gets to battle 4 and the other team finishes the rest" strat that I do

Gets me 676 with A in speed and B in survival

I have certain hard counters, with two being run in my original team. After that, it's touch-and-go.  For example, if Rein spawns on the last map, and I don't have Camilla, I'm slightly screwed.

I guess that means it's time to train up Titania, since she can tank him like a boss

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I have certain hard counters, with two being run in my original team. After that, it's touch-and-go.  For example, if Rein spawns on the last map, and I don't have Camilla, I'm slightly screwed.

My A team is:

Serra with rehab

Olivia

Jaffar

Life and death Celica

Gets me from 4-6 so my B team can demolish

You could try some sort of thing with Jakob and some other crazy tome user you have right? 

Edited by Arcanite

3 minutes ago, Beddlam said:

You need a dancer or units with repositioning abilities since she cannot take a hit, but Desperation Nino single-handedly takes on everything that isn't red (and some things that are) for me, including Veronica and Hector. Are you also running fury or L&D? It isn't uncommon for Nino to sit at 1hp for the last 6 maps and still do the vast majority of the killing on my team. I run her with Eirika, Azura, and a quasi-healer 4* Tharja I made special for this event.

I don't have Fury on her, but I do have a 4* Hinata.

1 hour ago, SniperGYS said:

Yeah, Leo can get rip of Boey pretty easy! I got a Boey in a fight before Veronica, and Leo received like... 1 damage and destroyed him... Too bad we can't know what are we fighting before starting the trial, because I would let Leo waiting if I knew there is going to be a Boey in the end xD. In the other hand enemy Leo is problematic, if we run a green mage.

Yup! I'm now at 12,300 points! I'm going to make Lucina my goal for this trial! Oh and  this

tumblr_orgl33dEuP1rql8cco1_540.png

In a spur of luck, I beated 7 fights with both C! Looks that today is my luck day or something, since I got a 5* Lon'qu early in the morning.

Leo will destroy anything green and sometimes even non-greens. He's terrifying to face, honestly. Especially since QR is in his default kit...so very formidable. :'D Being able to see who were facing at the end would be great, but would definitely ruin some of the challenge.

Ah, congratulations on your clear!! :D That's awesome~! You're doing really well; good luck on getting Lucina!! Also, congratulations on your 5* Lon'qu! :D I hope he serves you well!

1 hour ago, wizzard of soz said:

finally..

and never again will this happen.

I thought the same thing too when I first got it. Then I got another one. And another one.

Pray you don't get the Tree in the Middle Map though

1 hour ago, Arthur97 said:

I'm having trouble finding a job at the moment.

Doesn't make what I said any less true, but fair enough.

36k at the moment. I'm considering making a push to 40k just to grab the seal by tomorrow. I can't wait!

1 minute ago, Luna of Dragonblood said:

Leo will destroy anything green and sometimes even non-greens. He's terrifying to face, honestly. Especially since QR is in his default kit...so very formidable. :'D Being able to see who were facing at the end would be great, but would definitely ruin some of the challenge.

Ah, congratulations on your clear!! :D That's awesome~! You're doing really well; good luck on getting Lucina!! Also, congratulations on your 5* Lon'qu! :D I hope he serves you well!

Leo can't do that much to my Robin though despite his low res.

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Seems like a clear-cut decision to me. 

She definitely has the SP. Guess I should get on that.

10 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I don't have Fury on her, but I do have a 4* Hinata.

Not knowing her IV or what else you have, I would say she is worth the investment. Mine is +spd/-atk with fury, desperation, and Dragon Fang from IS. I did build my team specifically to support her as well, but she has been amazing.

Just now, Arthur97 said:

Leo can't do that much to my Robin though despite his low res.

She definitely has the SP. Guess I should get on that.

Really?? Huh. I didn't realize F!Robin was able to tank hits from Leo...honestly, I'm not sure why, but I have her at 4* 40 and she's so fragile; I'm terrified to let anything near her haha. Maybe I've been too careless with her...?

Just now, Luna of Dragonblood said:

Really?? Huh. I didn't realize F!Robin was able to tank hits from Leo...honestly, I'm not sure why, but I have her at 4* 40 and she's so fragile; I'm terrified to let anything near her haha. Maybe I've been too careless with her...?

I'm pretty sure he's talking about M!Robin, who's blue, and usually runs TA-3. (F!Robin can do the same set, of course, but suffers from needing the raven tome, which is pricey if you want a 5* version.)

Just now, Beddlam said:

Not knowing her IV or what else you have, I would say she is worth the investment. Mine is +spd/-atk with fury, desperation, and Dragon Fang from IS. I did build my team specifically to support her as well, but she has been amazing.

I believe she is +atk, I already promoted her as I was told she had a good IV. She is my designated green unit.

Male Robin actually (I did say "his"). TA helps 

By this point, my best characters have little to no need for Hero Merit, so I've started saving them for if I'm really desperate and fielding fun secondary teams ahead of them, particularly Lilina/Camus/Julia/Lissa. On a recent run, I lost Camus on Map 5 and didn't think the remaining three would be able to make it to the end, but they did somehow. Veronica's map almost went very wrong at the beginning when I only fully noticed Cain after I'd already moved Julia to bait Olwen, but fortunately she came a bit short of hitting her to below half health and putting Cain's Wings of Mercy online.

2 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

I'm pretty sure he's talking about M!Robin, who's blue, and usually runs TA-3. (F!Robin can do the same set, of course, but suffers from needing the raven tome, which is pricey if you want a 5* version.)

Just now, Arthur97 said:

Male Robin actually (I did say "his"). TA helps 

Oh, oops; I'm sorry, I got a bit confused since I saw the "she" in the second half of the statement. You must've been talking about Nino. My tiredness is showing whoopsies.

That makes sense for Leo not doing too much to M!Robin; he's on the losing end of weapon triangle, and TA-3 isn't doing him any favors...

22 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

My A team is:

Serra with rehab

Olivia

Jaffar

Life and death Celica

Gets me from 4-6 so my B team can demolish

You could try some sort of thing with Jakob and some other crazy tome user you have right? 

Due to ~things~ it's either M!Robin/Olivia, or Lucina/Azura.  The difference is that the latter tends to flatten things, while the former is more for positioning shenanigans.  Throw in Camilla for anti-blue/colorless, and that gives me room for a healer - in this case, a Lucius with Renewal.  Unless I screw up my match-ups, I can usually survive all the way through five maps.  My Veronica killing strategy doesn't quite work on the 7-map Lunatic, hence why I stay at 5-map.

4 minutes ago, eclipse said:

My Veronica killing strategy doesn't quite work on the 7-map Lunatic, hence why I stay at 5-map.

For the record, my Veronica killing strategy involves using Lyn to take a hit from Veronica, attacking veronica twice with a dance, and then getting gale force

Assuming Nino doesn't kill for any particular reason lol My full team is Lyn Robin Nino and Azura if that gives you any ideas

Galeforce is delicious

28 minutes ago, Luna of Dragonblood said:

Being able to see who were facing at the end would be great, but would definitely ruin some of the challenge.

You are able to tell who you will be facing to some extent. The same heroes will never spawn twice during the run. So if you already faced Rein before, you will not have to again. Consequently, if you met everyone but him, he will be the one to show up. Just keep track of the Armour units (there is only 6 of them) and Cavalry mages (there is only 4) and you can guess which ones will show up. Remember only heroes that are part of the summoning pull will ever show up.

7 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

For the record, my Veronica killing strategy involves using Lyn to take a hit from Veronica, attacking veronica twice with a dance, and then getting gale force

Assuming Nino doesn't kill for any particular reason lol My full team is Lyn Robin Nino and Azura if that gives you any ideas

Galeforce is delicious

Galeforce - the skill I don't have~!

My strategy is to have Veronica attack Lucina once, to drop her into Defiant Spd range.  This will usually get her into Luna range, as well.  Veronica doesn't like a 40 Spd Lucina with Luna.  It's not as reliable on the 7-map difficulty.

Just now, Clogon said:

You are able to tell who you will be facing to some extent. The same heroes will never spawn twice during the run. So if you already faced Rein before, you will not have to again. Consequently, if you met everyone but him, he will be the one to show up. Just keep track of the Armour units (there is only 6 of them) and Cavalry mages (there is only 4) and you can guess which ones will show up. Remember only heroes that are part of the summoning pull will ever show up.

Huh...you know, that hadn't clicked in my head (probably because I got too focused on just handling the current map). That totally makes sense! Though, there have been runs where Leo hadn't shown up and I'd never seen him prior in the set. But, that is good to know! Thank you - I'll keep that in mind to help with my strategies in the future! :D

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

Galeforce - the skill I don't have~!

My strategy is to have Veronica attack Lucina once, to drop her into Defiant Spd range.  This will usually get her into Luna range, as well.  Veronica doesn't like a 40 Spd Lucina with Luna.  It's not as reliable on the 7-map difficulty.

I use something similar- Defiant Attack Vantage Ryoma.

3 minutes ago, Clogon said:

I never realized that... I should take a good look at the Cavalry units that appear in the previous maps! Maybe that'll help :)

Thanks for the advice. :^_^:

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

I use something similar- Defiant Attack Vantage Ryoma.

That's my second-string Veronica killer.  Alas, Ryoma isn't a bonus character!

Huh...you know, that hadn't clicked in my head (probably because I got too focused on just handling the current map). That totally makes sense! Though, there have been runs where Leo hadn't shown up and I'd never seen him prior in the set. But, that is good to know! Thank you - I'll keep that in mind to help with my strategies in the future! :D

The units are still random. If you have only faced Cecilia and Olwen, you can still get Rein or Leo at the end. Again the only time you are guaranteed a unit is if you met everyone else from that class.