Tempest Torture

Arthur97

Just now, Clogon said:

The units are still random. If you have only faced Cecilia and Olwen, you can still get Rein or Leo at the end. Again the only time you are guaranteed a unit is if you met everyone else from that class.

Mm, makes sense. Ah, that's so helpful...thanks so much!! :D

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

That's my second-string Veronica killer.  Alas, Ryoma isn't a bonus character!

I only bother with Tharja as a bonus, and I haven't had Tharja's team make it to Veronica that often (hence why I stick to 5-map).

1 minute ago, Luna of Dragonblood said:

Mm, makes sense. Ah, that's so helpful...thanks so much!! :D

I agree! This has helped me increase my successes a lot! It also helps you mentally prepare for the fight to come.

For example, I run Reinhardt. Out of the 6 Armours, Sheena can survive him and give me problems. So if I face her before the battle, it makes me super happy since I will be guaranteed to delete the Armour. XD

35 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I thought the same thing too when I first got it. Then I got another one. And another one.

Pray you don't get the Tree in the Middle Map though

when i saw this i was on the last stage of a run, got A/A. U RIGHT.

fff screw that map and also screw maps where armors dick around at the very back and take 400 years to get to

Just now, Clogon said:

I agree! This has helped me increase my successes a lot! It also helps you mentally prepare for the fight to come.

For example, I run Reinhardt. Out of the 6 Armours, Sheena can survive him and give me problems. So if I face her before the battle, it makes me super happy since I will be guaranteed to delete the Armour. XD

Thank you! I hope so too. :'D I really only have 2.5 teams...two are pretty solid, and the last is a bit shaky on how strong it is. That does help with being aware for, should I have to, which units to keep for that final round to even stand a shot.

Ohhh, makes sense! XD I hope you don't encounter her at the last battle too often!

Just now, Clogon said:

Nice! Does it work on every battle of the tempest or just the first one?

It's been confirmed by other players that it works on the first turn of every map. (Up to 7 times total in a run)

After obtaining the seal I got a new appreciation for the TT, it really is the most efficient way to gain HM/SP per stamina use. My new Bride Caeda went from 50 to 195 SP after one run until the 6th map, which means I can give her a full SI set in about 4 or 5 runs if I play it right.

Does anyone know about how many points do you need to stay in the top 1000? I really need the feathers to give Odin's tome as a wedding gift for Caeda. 

tumblr_orgwj0E9wa1sn35pqo1_500.png

I made it to the top 10k! Barely, and just in time to stop playing for the night and slip back down, but still. I seem to be doing better each day, so hopefully I can maintain this and maybe even keep climbing.

1 hour ago, Roflolxp54 said:

It's been confirmed by other players that it works on the first turn of every map. (Up to 7 times total in a run)

That will definitely help with the grind quite a bit.  I wonder who I should stick it on.

1 hour ago, Arthur97 said:

Nino now has full Fury. Let's see how this works.

Welcome to the club my friend

We've been expecting you

There should be a Desperation Nino Cult thread somewhere on this forum

Just now, Clogon said:

I have never been one to use -Blade tomes but TT has shown me how OP they really are. Just wow...

Hee heee heeeee heeeeeeeee heeeeeeeeeeeeee

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH

Edited by Arcanite

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Welcome to the club my friend

We've been expecting you

I'd love to back this but we both know it'd get taken down for shitposting

*Ahem*, topic. I'll be stopping at 39k for the night. Quick Pulse is finally within reach.

Edited by MrSmokestack

19 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I'd love to back this but we both know it'd get taken down for shitposting

*Ahem*, topic. I'll be stopping at 39k for the night. Quick Pulse is finally within reach.

That's what FftF is for.

28 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I thought that was the organization that the main characters belong too?  Pretty sure that's how the plot goes, anyways.

7 hours ago, eclipse said:

Hmmm. . .

- Can you slap R Tomebreaker on Lukas?  That should stop them from doubling, which should give him some survivability.
- Try using a healer in the fourth slot.  I use an attack-oriented Lucius.
- What buffs can you give to Tharja with your team?
- If you gave Raigh a decent proc, he can put a nice dent in Veronica.  I've done this a few times, when I get a no-blue last stage.  You may need someone wit Hone/Spur Spd, if Veronica doubles him.
- The 5-stage Lunatic is what I'm doing, for my sanity's sake.

For comparison, I'm using a +Res/-Spd Lucina to ruin Veronica's day.

- I have one Odin, but putting R-Tomebreaker on Lukas means removing Quick Riposte 2 which can significantly slow down the course of stages when he's not melting every physical red and blue (Minus Armors) in one turn with Ignis

- My team is Lukas/Soren/Olivia/Wrys, Problem is Lukas doesn't check red mages and Olivia doesn't check green ones. (No Ruby Sword+, only Ruby Sword and no TA.) Sakura has Wrys set in the other team, she keeps people healthy but it's never enough when they can't kill fast enough and the wrong move spells instant failure. I need more firepower, but I don't have supreme OHKO power so my units take the beating and with no healer (or Fae for Renewal 3, so Masked Marth healbot is a no-go) it's rough after 2 or 3 stages.

- I usually take her with Bride Cordelia who has Fortify Def and Fortify Res (Seal) and then she buffs ATK/DEF. But even the 4 buffs isn't always enough to kill. Tharja's attack power is just really underwhelming. Every mage I have except Soren suffers from this same issue.

- I was incorrect. My Raigh is actually +SPD/-HP so no worries about being doubled. Sophia is +ATK/-SPD. But with a tome that's 3 points weaker and 3 points more ATK then Tharja his damage output is literally the same, just with 5 less speed. I don't have too many Veronica checks though so I may just train him up to the 30s real quick and toss him in there. B!Caeda started at level 32, she gained the XP real quick. Plus I think I have a spare *3 Henry so I may just slap tomebreaker on him, maybe.

- The point difference though... I'm going to tinker around with my next few runs and see if my points are any better. I'm getting consistent 339 failures. If I can succeed more on the lower stage for consistent gain I'll stick to that.

EDIT: Oh yeah, hit the 30k mark. Masked Marth get. I seem to be falling behind the curb around here. Everyone seems to be in the upper 30s. Gotta step it up.

Edited by Zeo

12 minutes ago, Zeo said:

- I have one Odin, but putting R-Tomebreaker on Lukas means removing Quick Riposte 2 which can significantly slow down the course of stages when he's not melting every physical red and blue (Minus Armors) in one turn with Ignis

- My team is Lukas/Soren/Olivia/Wrys, Problem is Lukas doesn't check red mages and Olivia doesn't check green ones. (No Ruby Sword+, only Ruby Sword and no TA.) Sakura has Wrys set in the other team, she keeps people healthy but it's never enough when they can't kill fast enough and the wrong move spells instant failure. I need more firepower, but I don't have supreme OHKO power so my units take the beating and with no healer (or Fae for Renewal 3, so Masked Marth healbot is a no-go) it's rough after 2 or 3 stages.

- I usually take her with Bride Cordelia who has Fortify Def and Fortify Res (Seal) and then she buffs ATK/DEF. But even the 4 buffs isn't always enough to kill. Tharja's attack power is just really underwhelming. Every mage I have except Soren suffers from this same issue.

- I was incorrect. My Raigh is actually +SPD/-HP so no worries about being doubled. Sophia is +ATK/-SPD. But with a tome that's 3 points weaker and 3 points more ATK then Tharja his damage output is literally the same, just with 5 less speed. I don't have too many Veronica checks though so I may just train him up to the 30s real quick and toss him in there. B!Caeda started at level 32, she gained the XP real quick. Plus I think I have a spare *3 Henry so I may just slap tomebreaker on him, maybe.

- The point difference though... I'm going to tinker around with my next few runs and see if my points are any better. I'm getting consistent 339 failures. If I can succeed more on the lower stage for consistent gain I'll stick to that.

EDIT: Oh yeah, hit the 30k mark. Masked Marth get. I seem to be falling behind the curb around here. Everyone seems to be in the upper 30s. Gotta step it up.

- If Lukas can survive, then he did his job.  The A-rank requirements seem to be roughly an enemy killed per turn.  Yes, a lower multiplier isn't desirable, but if it's a choice between maybe doing a map faster or surviving, I prioritize the latter.  You can also shove a Sapphire Lance on him, and watch the fireworks (but this will make him seriously weak to green).

- My Olivia with a Ruby Sword does just fine against green units - even a buffed Nino!  'sides, Ruby Sword and TA don't stack.  I gave my Olivia Spd +3, to cut down on the number of things that double her.  For reference, my Olivia is level 40, 4*.  With the exception of Soren, your team looks a bit more defensive. . .but that's okay, because the point is to clear the map!

- On later stages, my blue-and-colorless eraser has issues with certain bulky enemies (and that's with TA bonuses, a Hone Atk buff, and a Spur Atk one).  Maybe you can have Wrys bait mages, and give him Seal Res and Martyr.  I know Sakura/Maria/Lucius/Priscilla are pretty good at absorbing magical hits.

- Yes, the point difference.  But it's better to clear everything, rather than choke at the end!

I'm at 27K, and am being lazy ATM.  One more stamina potion should get me Masked Marth. Gotta think long and hard about what to slap on her!

15 minutes ago, eclipse said:

- If Lukas can survive, then he did his job.  The A-rank requirements seem to be roughly an enemy killed per turn.  Yes, a lower multiplier isn't desirable, but if it's a choice between maybe doing a map faster or surviving, I prioritize the latter.  You can also shove a Sapphire Lance on him, and watch the fireworks (but this will make him seriously weak to green).

- My Olivia with a Ruby Sword does just fine against green units - even a buffed Nino!  'sides, Ruby Sword and TA don't stack.  I gave my Olivia Spd +3, to cut down on the number of things that double her.  For reference, my Olivia is level 40, 4*.  With the exception of Soren, your team looks a bit more defensive. . .but that's okay, because the point is to clear the map!

- On later stages, my blue-and-colorless eraser has issues with certain bulky enemies (and that's with TA bonuses, a Hone Atk buff, and a Spur Atk one).  Maybe you can have Wrys bait mages, and give him Seal Res and Martyr.  I know Sakura/Maria/Lucius/Priscilla are pretty good at absorbing magical hits.

- Yes, the point difference.  But it's better to clear everything, rather than choke at the end!

I'm at 27K, and am being lazy ATM.  One more stamina potion should get me Masked Marth. Gotta think long and hard about what to slap on her!

That Blarblade+ or Moonbow would be really nice on someone... but it's definitely more important that he not die to red mages, they literally end the stages for me. Probably the biggest issue I have in the TT as a whole, so... I may make the sacrifice.

I do have a spare Palla and Fir that I can give to Olivia for Moonbow and Speed+3. Another thing though is that my Olivia is +SPD/-RES!

Seal Res on Wrys is definitely an idea, he lacks both an A and C skill at the moment. Makes me feel a bit silly that I fed my new +RES Wrys to Sakura and kept my +SPD one. 

- True... very true.

I'm not going to worry about MM, unless some orbs fall into my lap and I draw a Fae, she lacks use in TT unless she starts clearing, and without being a healbot that's rough. My SI stores are withering.