Tempest Torture

Arthur97

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Chrom is the reason most of my dragons now have all five of New Moon, Luna, Daylight, Sol, and Aether...

I don't have a 5 star Chrom to sac for Aether.

Only a 4 star.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

You know what needs to be done then, yes?

Yes. @Ice Dragon needs to donate money for that purpose.

53 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Ardent Sacrifice is more controlled and less taxing on your pseudo-healer, compared to Reciprocal Aid which could mean swapping and taking on your allies' single digit health. However, it obviously "heals" more. It depends on how much you rely on said unit for combat purposes, but then again if you can afford to run a combat medic Lucina, you're usually already set in terms of combat.

Reciprocal Aid is also more accessible than Ardent Sacrifice, since Donnel and Matthew are free units.

Most of the time I just need a swordie to whittle down a greenie for Julia or Rein to finish.

The Reciprocal Aid is for more often than not Lucina (on Belinda's account) had full HP with Aether and Falchion Renewal. Our Reins only have Lancebreaker 1 (Belinda only had 1 Harold/Arthur and wasn't interested in Narcien. So I didn't get his GHB for her).

So most of the time it's for emergency healing to full HP for wiping bothersome lance pegasi.

Julia does most of the healing with 10HP Breath of Life + Seal management or Linda with 15 HP Breath of Life + Aura + Seal.

Since I've never pulled Lucy and the one I used on her account is Neutral... I literally figured Masked Marth Neutral is a 1:1 copy.

I'm just substituting Renewal 3 (with all the Fae's I have lying around) + Luna for Aether.

Edited by shadowofchaos

31 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Most of the time I just need a swordie to whittle down a greenie for Julia or Rein to finish.

The Reciprocal Aid is for more often than not Lucina (on Belinda's account) had full HP with Aether and Falchion Renewal. Our Reins only have Lancebreaker 1 (Belinda only had 1 Harold/Arthur and wasn't interested in Narcien. So I didn't get his GHB for her).

So most of the time it's for emergency healing to full HP for wiping bothersome lance pegasi.

Julia does most of the healing with 10HP Breath of Life + Seal management or Linda with 15 HP Breath of Life + Aura + Seal.

Since I've never pulled Lucy and the one I used on her account is Neutral... I literally figured Masked Marth Neutral is a 1:1 copy.

I'm just substituting Renewal 3 (with all the Fae's I have lying around) + Luna for Aether.

A lot of times my Lucina just sits there in Arena fights, but when it's her turn to show up I'm always glad I brought her along. She's been the ace in the hole for Tempest so far, partly because the Darting Blow I put on ages ago is overcoming some of the buffed Speed values seen in Tempest for ORKOs.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

tumblr_orkbjv6DIE1sn35pqo1_500.png

Got my first five characters to capped HM! I realized early on that they'd all hit 2k over the course of the event, but it took some time to become clear that it'd be this fast.

Olivia was first, since she'd already been really high due to dancer utility, while the other four were my initial Tempest Trials team. Now that they're all capped, I've been using Tharja/Sharena/Julia/Serra instead, and at this rate, most of those will hit 2k by the end as well. Probably not Tharja, but who knows?

Marth lagged behind a bit, since once m!Robin hit 2k, I brought in Tharja but that bumped him out of my red slot. So I ended up having to have him keep showing up on secondary teams over the course of a few trials to scrounge up the last 20 or so HM and catch up to the others.

Edited by Othin

62K+. Starting to feel burned out honestly. Doesn't help that with this score, that's the top 3K rank. Not that many people up here. And no, I'm not aiming for a particular rank in mind.

With my original 8K a day goal, I'm +6K. Maybe I should take a day not to do more Tempest Trials. I do need to clear out my roster from all the summoning in Bridal banner.

On 6/14/2017 at 8:36 PM, Othin said:

tumblr_orkbjv6DIE1sn35pqo1_500.png

Got my first five characters to capped HM! I realized early on that they'd all hit 2k over the course of the event, but it took some time to become clear that it'd be this fast.

Olivia was first, since she'd already been really high due to dancer utility, while the other four were my initial Tempest Trials team. Now that they're all capped, I've been using Tharja/Sharena/Julia/Serra instead, and at this rate, most of those will hit 2k by the end as well. Probably not Tharja, but who knows?

Marth lagged behind a bit, since once m!Robin hit 2k, I brought in Tharja but that bumped him out of my red slot. So I ended up having to have him keep showing up on secondary teams over the course of a few trials to scrounge up the last 20 or so HM and catch up to the others.

Eat your heart out. To be fair I had grinded some of these up beforehand.

Edited by Arthur97

Well, I've slowed down considerably since obtaining the seal and now I have a score of 65.271 which puts me at a rank of 1860. 

There's not a lot of people around these scores and while I can try to get into the top 1k I'd rather focus on SP grinding my newest units right now, oh well maybe I can get up there before the event is over.

Edited by Alexmender

I'll be lucky if I make 10k. I struggle to even get to the final stage, and I just choked when it's the first time I really had it. The fact I only have 7 days makes it a lot more stressful that I keep trying to speedrun it and end up missing something that costs me an important unit.

fuck, I tried like 50 times and I'm not even at 5k.

Edited by Soul~!

Just hit 30K. Very pleased to be the owner of a new Build-a-Bear Lucina, Once raised up, she should easily beat Alfonse as my best infantry swordie.

42 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Eat your heart out. To be fair I had grinded some of these up beforehand.Screenshot_20170614-204932.thumb.png.92811a194a2e47ed1f8dc43df89ba0ad.png

Did somebody say Hero Merit? I wish I could post a picture at a small enough file size, but I've got 15 units maxed out. Only Titania has hit 20K thanks to tempest trials though, the rest were grinded out previously on Defense and Kozaki maps. And there's no way I'd hit the scores I do with characters like 3* Narcian, Palla, Donnel, etc.

Currently at 66,486 points. I can easily reach 100K in a few days if I pop like 1 stamina potion a day. My team's still trucking even without using the Quickened Pulse seal.

1 minute ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Currently at 66,486 points. I can easily reach 100K in a few days if I pop like 1 stamina potion a day. My team's still trucking even without using the Quickened Pulse seal.

How.

I used up almost 5 today alone.

And I just hit the 5k mark.

Edited by Soul~!

3 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

Just hit 30K. Very pleased to be the owner of a new Build-a-Bear Lucina, Once raised up, she should easily beat Alfonse as my best infantry swordie.

Did somebody say Hero Merit? I wish I could post a picture at a small enough file size, but I've got 15 units maxed out. Only Titania has hit 20K thanks to tempest trials though, the rest were grinded out previously on Defense and Kozaki maps. And there's no way I'd hit the scores I do with characters like 3* Narcian, Palla, Donnel, etc.

Camus and Bride Lyn were the main benefactors of this mode, but Lissa was finished during it.

9 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

How.

I used up almost 5 today alone.

And I just hit the 5k mark.

Bride Lyn, Olivia, Tharja, and Reinhardt on the 7-Lunatic Trials.

Bride Lyn (+Spd/-Res; +1 merge): Candlelight, Rehabilitate, Miracle, HP +5, Dazzling Staff 3, Hone Atk 3, HP + 3 seal

Olivia (4* neutral; +1 merge): Ruby Sword, Dance, New Moon, Def +2, Wings of Mercy 3, Hone Atk 3, Fortify Res 1 seal

Tharja (5* +Spd/-HP): Raudrblade+, Ardent Sacrifice, Moonbow, Darting Blow 3, Desperation 3, Spur Res 3, Spd +1 seal

Reinhardt (5* +Atk/-Spd): Dire Thunder, Draw Back, Moonbow, Death Blow 2, Lancebreaker 3, Spur Atk 2, Atk +1 seal

This team isn't perfect but they work well enough for me as I have gotten clears (including perfect and sometimes even deathless clears) using this team. Of course, there were times I lost matches my team should've easily won due to poor positioning and AI manipulation or couldn't handle hard counters quickly enough. I also kind of have to play as if Classic mode is on as this is pretty much my only reliable team I have. I could struggle with another team to the 7th map but not clear the 7th map at all. The team listed above is my best and practically my only chance for scoring clears. And there are days I may feel ambitious and pop another stamina potion.

Edited by Roflolxp54

If anyone is actually as stupid as me (hint I doubt it), just take your time. And by "take your time" I mean actually think. I don't think I've found myself in a non-counterale situation. I've mostly fucked it up by trying to speedrun and ended up making rash decisions or completely messing up some calculation or failing to see one of those coming (Galeforce and Vantage, I'm looking at you). Wish I started this days earlier, now I'm just desperate.

5 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

If anyone is actually as stupid as me (hint I doubt it), just take your time. And by "take your time" I mean actually think. I don't think I've found myself in a non-counterale situation. I've mostly fucked it up by trying to speedrun and ended up making rash decisions or completely messing up some calculation or failing to see one of those coming (Galeforce and Vantage, I'm looking at you). Wish I started this days earlier, now I'm just desperate.

Don't worry about speed if you aren't clearing it in the first place. Having a low turn count only matters if you actually get to the end.

Obtained the Quickened Pulse seal! Also, with all of the feathers from Hero Merit, Arena & Tempest rewards, etc., I promoted and decked out my Est. I'm still not fully decided on how I want to build my Lucina. I went with Renewal 2 and Reciprocal Aid, along with a HP +3 in the A-slot for the moment, so she's been running as a medic for the moment.

Varying up my teams has helped prevent this from becoming too repetitious. Indeed, it's kind of fun actually getting to use a variety of my roster! I've also explicitly been trying not to max out the HM on units. I expect to be using, for example, my Horse Emblem team for awhile into the future, so most of them are sitting at ~1,700-1,750. They don't need the SP, but I have plenty of people who do!

Currently at 61k / Rank ~3100 for TT.  Goal now is to stay in Top 5000 for those 8k feathers.  Also, not sure why I didn't think of this earlier, but I should be using my sack team to attempt to train my other units (and get some HM, SP etc.)  Then after they get KO'd, I'll complete the rest with the A team.

Edited by Kalibur

8 minutes ago, Othin said:

Don't worry about speed if you aren't clearing it in the first place. Having a low turn count only matters if you actually get to the end.

What the hell does turncount have to do with it, I'm talking about the fact I'm not even reaching 6k and I've only close to 6 days left.

7 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

What the hell does turncount have to do with it, I'm talking about the fact I'm not even reaching 6k and I've only close to 6 days left.

You mentioned trying to speedrun. People often try to go for low turn counts when they can to get a good speed score, so I thought that was what you were referring to.

Like, literal speedrunning. This isn't even for the sake of it, it's for the reason mentioned.

Also, support error. What the fuck am I supposed to do about that.