Tempest Torture

Arthur97

My Reinhardt has over 5000 SP... :blink:

I've been slowing down on this now.  Just over 70k at the moment.  Started switching up my teams a bit to give other people SP and HM too.  I don't get 705 points when I do that, but oh well, it's making things less boring.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kinda burnt myself out hard after a few days, ended up not playing it for the past few. Currently sitting at around 27k, I'll definitely get to 30k, but I'm not sure about the 50k, maybe.. Anyways, to entertain myself a bit through the monotony, I decided to make a video of one my runs. I'm by no means a great player, so feel free to berate away.. Now to actually hit 30k...

Edited by Jimbo

The burnout is getting to me. I've been fucking up a lot on my latest runs. Well, maybe that's because I'm trying to experiment with a new team, but still.

If I don't fuck up any more, I'll hit 70k by the end of today.

i had a slow week due to work, so i onl just now got to 30k. I've gotten a few perfect (or near perfect) wins here and there, but most of the time it's team 1 makes it as far as it can (sometimes to the final map, but often things fall apart on maps 5 or 6), team 2 picks up the slack, then i (usually) sack team 2 & 3 so Sanaki, Nino/Ursula and their dancers can wrap things up. So I am losing points just for tactical sacrifices, but it helps guarantee the win 95% of the time and I get a decent speed modifier so...

I'm going to aim for 35k today...it's a lot but I need to give a buffer.

Incidentally, my usual team make up:

Team 1: Reinhardt (5*, death blow 2, lance breaker 3, goad cavalary, blazing thunder)/Gunter (stock load out)/Cain (stock load out, but i gave him the breath of life special skill)/Nowi (again, usual load out, I haven't had the resources to give her other goodies). I was using Eldigan, but he was slowly killing himself and just barely missing KOs. Cavalary boost lets Cain finally kill things and wings of mercy is generally useful. Nowi is here so I can 100% guarantee using her and everyone appreciates the defense boost

Team 2: Azura(swordbreaker 1)/Kagero(5*, darting blow 2)/Elise/filler

Kagero tries to kill everything if possible. Azura for dancing, emergency hits, and swords. The filler is whoever would help out that specific map. Elise for a dedicated healer/buffer. They're not very long lasting most of the time, so I never lead with this.

Team 3: Nothing

I almost never USE team 3. If Team 2 falls early on, its probably a loss. But I'll just use my giant grab bag of units to try and make it to the final map. Otherwise it's just a sacrifice map unless I feel team 4 can handle map 7 early.

Team 4: Sanaki (w/ the fortify resistence seal & night sky because i gave it to her months ago when i was an idiot)/Olivia/Ninian/Nino (speed seal, Chilling Wind, vantage 1) (or Ursula)

Sanaki with triangle adept 3 and dancer support has been the most reliable way to handle Veronica. She's doubled and takes the Ignis, but she can still take the hit and kill her on the follow up. And usually Night Sky is ready to go to kill someone else. She's also my best Hector killer assuming she either (1) has night sky charged or (2) I've sandbagged. Instagibs Cecilia. Olivia & Ninian just provide extra stats and dances. Nino is there for blue onslaughts. Ursula is used if there's more reds (especially horses) than blues.

There's been a few times where Cain or Eldigan or whoever have succeeeded, but it is inconsistent and Veronica is just too much of a threat.

Well, after failing miserably against Legion's infernal map I burned all my pots. And to make things worse I'm at 82.4k. If I hope to get to 99k I'll have to do perfect runs from here. Thnakfully my B! Caeda got the Blarblade+, so this won't be as painful as before and it'll ease Nino's burden a little.

22 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Fair warning, you'll probably regret it when the next Trial is for Nohrian Azura and all the maps are from Fates.

Joking aside, I think they'll go mystery next. They did just add some more maps to the pool. But, yeah, as much as I like Awakening, they picked some poor maps for minimizing.

5 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Joking aside, I think they'll go mystery next. They did just add some more maps to the pool. But, yeah, as much as I like Awakening, they picked some poor maps for minimizing.

the map with the 8 breakable blocks in the middle makes me want to die every time i face it. 

Mystery would make sense, especially since it considers FE1 as part of it. It's what, 13 maps not counting any extraneous GHBs or what have you?

1 minute ago, r_n said:

the map with the 8 breakable blocks in the middle makes me want to die every time i face it. 

Mystery would make sense, especially since it considers FE1 as part of it. It's what, 13 maps not counting any extraneous GHBs or what have you?

That one can be rough, but I really don't like Henry's recruitment level or the ridge where you got Marribelle and Ricken.

And yes, I believe this latest Xenologue puts it at 13 not counting GHBs.

Just now, Arthur97 said:

That one can be rough, but I really don't like Henry's recruitment level or the ridge where you got Marribelle and Ricken.

And yes, I believe this latest Xenologue puts it at 13 not counting GHBs.

Tempest Mystery with Sirius as the prize could make sense.

At 46k now. I'd already have QP probably but I blew 200 stamina on beating Legion Infernal. Now that's done so we're back on track. Should take me 2 days to get QP unless I sacrifice an orb to replenish stamina, which I don't really want to do.

Edited by Zeo

Yeah, you're all right.

I know it's just a game and all that, but I really want to get there (don't actually care all that much for the 100k; more in it for the 'Pulse). It's ironic how taking a breath, a step backward and actually weighin options turns out to be the faster method (you know, instead of trying to ram it and barely making 200- generously).

Currently sitting at 33,150 with aims to stop at 50,000 for Quickened Pulse 

+Atk / -Res Robin (M)

Blarraven + / Reposition / Bonfire / Triangle Adept 2 / Swordbreaker 2 / Spur Def 3 / Breath of Life Seal 

+HP / -Res Azura 

Sapphire Lance + / Sing / New Moon / Speed +3 / Wings of Mercy 2 / Hone Attack 3 

Neutral "Marth" +1 

Falchion / Reciprocal Aid / Luna / Renewal 3 / Hone Speed 2 / HP +3 Seal 

+Spd / -HP Julia +2 

Naga / Dragon Fang / Triangle Adept 2 / G Tomebreaker 3 / Breath of Life 3 

Team that seems to be working somewhat successfully and can carry me through battles 1-6 while still having the requirement of bonus unit (don't own Tharja unfortunately), occasionally this team can win against the final map 

Maskedcina is combat medic while Robin takes attacks from colorless units and red swords while doing heavy damage back. Julia eviscerates blue units and dragons and can tank the mage cavalry unit in the final map if it's not Leo. Azura is Azura 

If the above fails, I normally use Eirika/ Chrom , Spring Chrom , Linde, Ninian in an attempt to get to the final map and then forfeit so I can bring my usual:

+Spd/-Atk 4* Olivia (Ruby Sword / Dance / Hone Attack 3 / Buckler ) 

+Spd/-Atk  Ryoma +1 (Raijinto / Reciprocal Aid / Fury 3 / Vantage 3 / Moonbow) 

+Def/-Spd  Hector + 2 (Armads / Pivot / Pavise / Distant Counter / Vantage 3 / Spur Attack 2) 

+HP / - Spe Reinhardt (Dire Thunder / Reposition / Blazing Thunder / Death Blow 2) 

Edited by m i s a k i

14 hours ago, Nightmayre said:

This thing... has eaten my soul...

The first 3 days or so I miserably failed again and again while trying to figure things out. My tried-and-true defensive strategy (Hector/Ryoma/Takumi/Azura) was literally useless - even with their high defenses, after 2, tops 3 battles they just couldn't keep up any more.

Then I bit the bullet and promoted my Nino and Tharja in order to create a glass cannon Blade Emblem team. Using Eirika as my main buffer, Azura as dancer for color coverage, and the aforementioned two, both decked out with Desperation 3 and Life and Death 3 (courtesy of my random triple 5* Jaffar pull), I was able to finally get my first perfect run. I continued running with this team with relative success. The problem was this was the ONLY viable team I had. This meant that either:

a) I'd get a perfect 7-map-win with them (around 20% of the time)
b) I'd get to the 7th map with 1-2 team members alive, then switch out 2 fodder teams to weaken the enemy, then switch to Hector/Olivia/Ryoma/Takumi or Cordelia depending on map to mop up (around 50% of the time, although many of those times I was just too bad a player and lost regardless)
c) I'd just get stomped before I could even get to Veronica (rest of the time)

Using the above after countless trial-and-error where I learned every dirty trick in the book to get my people out of danger and sneak kills out of nowhere, maximizing the shit out of the Blade tomes, I was finally able to get 48k and I'm now ready for the seal... the problem comes afterwards... I just feel too tired to continue. My main team has capped HM and a lot more SP than they'll ever need. I have a few heroes I could train for this but I don't want to waste stamina to level them up, then waste even more stamina trying to formulate new strategies for the new team to win through the Trials.

Overall... good event, made me a hell of a lot better player (which isn't saying much; I sucked before and I still suck now) but the grind is unbelievable.

With more practice, you will eventually get perfect scores over 90% of the time. It took me a day to figure out my best team and about another day to master it.

Have you tried using two dancers instead of one? You can drop Eirika and let the two dancers use Hone Attack, Hone Speed, and give one of them the Hone Resistance Seal. The extra dancer allows me to kill one or two opponents safely; retreat and Reposition the dancer(s); and finally kill the rest of the enemies next turn. If you need that extra oomph, you can give your secondary glass cannon the fourth Hone. Savage Blow is also very helpful on your primary glass cannon to weaken clumps of enemies and make them easier to knock out.

I do not have a good Tharja, so I use Bride Cordelia and Lucina instead, along with Azura and Olivia as my two dancers.

27,500 points... That LuciMask need to be mine tomorrow...

It could be mine right now but, really, I just got a tired week in my job and today has been awfull, so I'm not in the mood of playing, I'm tired... LuciMask can wait 24 hours more... The Seal sounds impossible, so I'll probably stop after 5*LuciMask.

2 hours ago, Soul~! said:

I want to, but I'm only 15k and not even a whole 5 days left...

I'm only at 12k, II dunno how I'm gonna get the QP, I have about 15 Stamina Potions left at least.

I can't get a single perfect run yet. If I do make it to the last stage, I have to stall to win.

here's my hero box, if anyone is interested in helping me put together a team.

Spoiler

Lvl 40 Xander (5 star)
Fury
Vantage
Hone Cav
Bonfire

Lvl 40 Ursula (4 star)
Blarblade
Death blow 2
Desperation
Fort Cav

Lvl 40 Cecilia (4 star)
Neutral
Gronnblade (Should I run raven instead?)
TA 2
Escape Route 2
Ward Cav

Lvl 40 Priscilla (5 star)
HP +5
Live2Serve1
Ward Cav

Sanaki 5* (+Def - Spe) +1
(Should I use Raven or default tome?)
TA 3
Sword Break 3
Hone Atk 3

Robin 4* (+Atk -Res)
TA1 (I have Defian Spe 2 Is this better?)
Red Tome Breaker 3(Idk why I gave this to him, lol. I have Sword Breaker 1 too)
Spur Res 2

Vantage Hector w/ sol and Pivot

Lissa 4* lvl 25 no inheritance

Olivia lvl 30
Dance and Hone Atk 3, that's it. can't fight for ish, get's killed really easy. too annoying and too late to be leveling her up

Karel (+Atk -Res) lvl 40
Wo Dao+
Reprisal
Defiant Atk 3
Desp 3
Threaten Spd 2

Jaffar lvl 40 +1
LnD3
NO B SKILL
Threaten Spd 3

Michalis lvl 40 (4*)
Silver Axe
Iote Shield 
Vantage 2
Threaten Def 3
idk why I gave him Vantage instead of QRiposte lol

CorrinF lvl 37 *no inheritance

Kagero 5 star lvl 35 *no inheritance

Nino lvl 32 4* (-Hp +Spe) +1

Death blow 2

Desperation 2

Threaten Res 2

I was actually sitting at 9k earlier when I started, today. Right now, I am about to close in the 18k mark if I happen to get 500 in the next one.

Assuming you're not stupid as me, just look at for Wings of Mercy, Vantage and any of Shoving-like (Smite, Reposition, Swap, etc.). WoM, specifically, caught me off-guard a million and a half times, and just now I check skills 100% of time. No exception. There was a time where Frederick and Cecillia spawned with it on the last one, so you can't afford to leave anyone sitting at 50%.

I don't think there's anything wrong with you're team, but you're definitely going to want a healer and/or dancer in there.

We probably have to make 10k in these next few days to stand a chance. Really makes me wish I started a whole week earlier. I'm down to 9 Potions.

So close to getting burnt out. But I have to press on...

Current score: 33053 ( Day 9 )

Day 1          3600    June 8       [Done]
Day 2          7200    June 9       [Done]
Day 3         10800    June 10    [Done]
Day 4         14400    June 11    [Done]
Day 5         18000    June 12    [Done]
Day 6         21600    June 13    [Done]
Day 7         25200    June 14    [Done]
Day 8         28800    June 15    [Done]
Day 9         32400    June 16    [Done]    
Day 10       36000    June 17    
Day 11       39600    June 18
Day 12       43200    June 19
Day 13       46800    June 20
Day 14       50400    June 21    [Quickened Pulse Reward]

I have the entire day to gain the 2947 points needed to meet my next benchmark.

:lol: I just reached 50k points! After I got used to this event, each time I can get at least 500 points.

After this milestone I'll continue to play this mode. Instead of my main team, I plan to use my newly build cavalry team, to grind SP and Merit.

I'm ... so bored.

But I hit 70k at least. Hopefully I'll hit 100k before the day is over. I haven't even attempted to do any of Legion's battles yet either.