Tempest Torture

Arthur97

3 hours ago, XRay said:

How much do you use Lissa and Michalis? What level is your Alm? You might want to replace Lissa with Alm since he can do combat and heal if you really need a healer. Michalis is not bad, but the only stage I can think of where he is useful is the map with enemy fliers. In my opinion, Nino can do that just as well and be a good glass cannon.

Balancing your team usually is not necessary if you employ Blade tomes because they are absurdly powerful.

I think you can try Robin, Nino, Alm, and Azura first and see how it goes. If Robin is your primary glass cannon, he can keep TA if you keep a red unit, but LnD and Fury are much better for increasing coverage. Alm covers Robin and he would be your man for taking down Veronica and healing your party; you might also want to get rid of Windsweep and give him a better skill if possible. Nino ideally should be your primary glass cannon since her stats are more suitable for that role.

Azura is a dancer, so she has a lot of responsibilities. On Veronica's map, you can use your glass cannon to take a shot at the armor unit, then have Azura dance the cannon out of danger. On the map with flyers, Azura will allow Nino to strike twice per turn, so that map should be a breeze. On the map that many people seem to hate (the one with two paths leading up, the middle right path has a bush/forest and the left path is all the way to the left), there will usually be an enemy unit near the bush, and Azura's job will be to dance the glass cannon into the bush so it can get a free kill on that enemy unit.

If you can, try to replace Robin, Nino, or Alm with Olivia. I do not recommend Robin since you need him for the bonus. Getting rid of Nino might cause you problems on the flyer map, but if you have two dancers, Robin might be able to do that job well enough. If you get rid of Alm, you most likely will need to level up Olivia and give her a Ruby Sword, since she will take over Alm's role of killing Veronica if Nino cannot do that job reliably enough.

Edit: I just realized Renewal replaces Windsweep.

Michalis is there to take out blues and taking hits from non-red and non-mage units (well, he can lure a non-death blow Reinhardt and Olwen in the final map). Lissa is healing m team, so QR2 can be still at use, and more importantly Hana who is my glass cannon unit.

Alm is 40+1. He lack some SP to have Renewal 3, tho...

...I can try Fury Robin, but when his role was to lure and ORKO Greys and Red units...

I suppose I need some Hone skills for my units to use Nino...

Well, I'll try.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tumblr_orphthfJ0c1rql8cco2_250.png

Finally!

This is, this is where I drop this torture. I don't think I can make 20,000 more points for the seal, everything has been full stress for me these days and I want a breake. My goal was reached, so, better stop now

Edited by SniperGYS

goal for today is ~40k. I'm at 37k, aiming for 1000 every other hour or so. So that's 2-3 (worst case: 4) runs at a time rather than just blitzing through.

Though, man, getting the 2k I did today has been rough. Just super unlucky, several consecutive runs where i dont make it to the final map and one where the final map was just unbeatable.

19 minutes ago, Lemmy said:

Predictably, grinding is killing my interest in this game. I regret doing this to myself, and I'm skipping the next voting gauntlet.

You're taking it far easier beyond this, you know (as in, The Trials).

Edited by Soul~!

4 minutes ago, Ledrert said:

Michalis is there to take out blues and taking hits from non-red and non-mage units (well, he can lure a non-death blow Reinhardt and Olwen in the final map). Lissa is healing m team, so QR2 can be still at use, and more importantly Hana who is my glass cannon unit.

Alm is 40+1. He lack some SP to have Renewal 3, tho...

...I can try Fury Robin, but when his role was to lure and ORKO Greys and Red units...

I suppose I need some Hone skills for my units to use Nino...

Well, I'll try.

Replace Lissa with Alm. Falchion and Renewal 1 will give him 20 HP at the start of every battle and you can use Reciprocal Aid to heal whatever unit is injured. Renewal 3 is not needed. It is better to kill the enemy immediately than to let them attack you to activate QR. Healer and QR should be replaced with a glass cannon and dancer, as that will allow you to take out two units on your first turn, kill one unit and retreat safely, or allow you to screw up and undo the mistake with a dance.

Hana is much better than Alm as a sword unit, but Alm is sufficient for killing Veronica and healing. If you can forgo the healing, then keep Hana.

Can you get Blárblade on Robin? If not, then he should not be your primary glass cannon, since Nino would be better for that role as she comes with Gronnblade and you can give her Fury or LnD. Depending on how good Nino is, you can leave Robin with his Raven and TA if you are struggling with colorless. Nino should not have a problem with sword units if you buff her up. Desperation will also be great on Nino if you have it.

For the Hone skills, give Azura Hone Attack or Speed, and give her the Hone Resisitance Seal. Alm can get Hone Attack or Speed, whichever one Azura does not have.

On the last map, you do NOT want the mage cavalry to attack you at all on the first turn unless you have TA. The loss of HP to delay its advance is not worth it. It is better to attack the armor unit and retreat to the side, and then let the enemy along with the mage cavalry come to you. If you have Savage Blow on your main glass cannon, you want the mage cavalry to advance with the rest of enemy so they clump in the middle.

If the melee cavalry unit on the top left is green, if you have either Alm or Hana, you can send him or her to break the block to the left, and then dance them again to break the block above that so the green melee cavalry will suicide on your sword unit. None of the other units will be able to reach your sword unit so it should be safe.

You do not have to worry about keeping all your units alive on the last map. Do not hesitate to sacrifice a dancer or two as meatshields to guarantee a win. The survival bonus does not track how many units are lost, it only tracks how many teams are lost.

Using two dancers will significantly speed up the first six maps and give you time to turtle and position on the last map. But if you can manage without two dancers, that is fine too since one should be sufficient as I see many people use only one dancer and are still able to get consistently good scores.

49 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

Thank you. Did my see my latest update?

Yep. It's what prompted me to post, in fact. LaD Desperation Sanaki is...strange, but hey. You got to use what works after all!

...Source for your Sanaki pic please?

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Yep. It's what prompted me to post, in fact. LaD Desperation Sanaki is...strange, but hey. You got to use what works after all!

...Source for your Sanaki pic please?

It's from a Japanese person on Twitter. Can't find them, but remember, credit goes to them:

C5rQdbeUsAAbVqs_zpszlmeo14o.jpg

As for the setup, it was pretty much aimed to take out Hector, really. Dude is dominant as fuck. Especially in that one chapter. That's basically the only way for my team to take him out, assuming Hawkeye's either out or can't afford to take the hit (Axebreaker super helps, but Veronica). Strangely enough, she can actually double and 1RKO a lot more opponents than I thought- especially when you mix that with her Threaten Spd and Azura boosting Spd.

Not exactly The Trials, but really enjoying how deceptively well she's working the L&D+Desperation combo (did the exact same thing earlier, against the Last Stage Hector):

combo_zpsvdmc8gna.png

Edited by Soul~!

4 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

Not exactly The Trials, but really enjoying how deceptively well she's working the L&D+Desperation combo (did the exact same thing earlier, against the Last Stage Hector):

combo_zpsvdmc8gna.png

Yeah, LnD is one of the best A Passives, the other being Death Blow which is more suitable for slower Brave users. I personally prefer Breakers over Desp. since they can knock out a few more enemies; both are great and have their niche.

I never realised LnD actually boosts stats outside of a battle. Other than that, I wasn't laying when I said 90% of the idea came from countering Hector (she 1HKO's the ones in the Arena with Triangle Adept, anyway).

I've gotten Quickened Pulse now. I'm probably going to do a few Hard rounds with Lilina/Olivia/Priscilla/Nino to raise Lilina's SP. I've also got to raise Anna and maybe try Legion again before Tempest expires- then I can try the Lunatic Mystery Paralogue again and then get the last June Orbs.

At 80k and FEELING THE BURN.

I'm probably gonna barely bother with the gauntlet after this. I've had enough grinding for the month, and checking the game every 30 mins to min-max points during a gauntlet is even more of an annoyance than grinding away at the TT for me.

At least I'm kinda-almost done with TT. Once I hit 100k I'm probably stopping, unless it seems like I can get myself to stay in the top 1k for those 10k feathers if I keep doing it after.

15 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

At 80k and FEELING THE BURN.

I'm probably gonna barely bother with the gauntlet after this. I've had enough grinding for the month, and checking the game every 30 mins to min-max points during a gauntlet is even more of an annoyance than grinding away at the TT for me.

At least I'm kinda-almost done with TT. Once I hit 100k I'm probably stopping, unless it seems like I can get myself to stay in the top 1k for those 10k feathers if I keep doing it after.

Well, at least it's just a healer gauntlet.

In any case, I'm sitting at 66,081. I will probably get a few more orbs out of this, but I don't think I'll hit 99K. With that said, feel free to post your final scores so that I can put a leader board of sorts on the OP. It's optional but at least that way we can easily compare scores. Had I not been on vacation, I may have done a daily leader board of sorts.

I didn't feel like grinding today. So I only did 2 runs of tempest, bringing my score to 73k. I should be still good to get the full 100k as long as I don't slack off the remaining days. The break was very much needed.

After more or less stopping after getting 50K, I've started playing a bit more.  I've been raising Tharja, so I can switch out 4* Robin, which will let me try using Reinhardt.

My Nino team is great, but I want to try some new units.

Funny thing, I've seen Hector with Quick Riposte several times in Tempest.  Noob knows that doesn't stack, right?

10 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I've seen Hector with Quick Riposte several times in Tempest

I saw 3 Hectors with Wary Fighter

Nino couldn't double and kill, and because of inflated stats, Lyn couldn't do much either...

I lost all three of those matches :/

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

I saw 3 Hectors with Wary Fighter

Nino couldn't double and kill, and because of inflated stats, Lyn couldn't do much either...

I lost all three of those matches :/

It makes his Axe useless, but Wary Fighter could sometimes be useful as you demonstrate.  QR, he literally already gets from Armads.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

After more or less stopping after getting 50K, I've started playing a bit more.  I've been raising Tharja, so I can switch out 4* Robin, which will let me try using Reinhardt.

My Nino team is great, but I want to try some new units.

Funny thing, I've seen Hector with Quick Riposte several times in Tempest.  Noob knows that doesn't stack, right?

I've encountered Hector with Quick Riposte 1 in Arena too. Guess the amatuer hour dripped into the PvE a bit.

Remembered that Green Tome Breaker exists and that I have 2 spare Henrys. Sanaki can now kill Veronica without worrying about eating an Ignis!

Also last match I ran into a Gordin which miiiight be the worst possible thing to find with my sandbag strat

e: Windsweep on........Hector. Hector??? Game....game what are you doing

Edited by r_n

17 minutes ago, r_n said:

Remembered that Green Tome Breaker exists and that I have 2 spare Henrys. Sanaki can now kill Veronica without worrying about eating an Ignis!

Also last match I ran into a Gordin which miiiight be the worst possible thing to find with my sandbag strat

e: Windsweep on........Hector. Hector??? Game....game what are you doing

TA Robin is great for Gordin two hits of 0 damage to build up Bonfire.