Tempest Torture

Arthur97

4 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

TA Robin is great for Gordin two hits of 0 damage to build up Bonfire.

i have level 1 3 star robin-ms so

not great

also not great, my two runs after this. I laughed at hector but he had the last laugh with the rest of his team killing me. And then the following map was just...awful. I ran through teams 2 & 3 and had to use team 4 and it was so stupid. Jakob/Maria/Cecilia/Azama. Yes both healers had genny's staff skill, yes everyone had annoying skills. Then of course wings of mercy felicia ruined everything on the final map. I really need to give Nino blue tome breaker.

Then the run after that started off with Olivia dying thanks to brash assault

Edited by r_n

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, r_n said:

i have level 1 3 star robin-ms so

not great

also not great, my two runs after this. I laughed at hector but he had the last laugh with the rest of his team killing me. And then the following map was just...awful. I ran through teams 2 & 3 and had to use team 4 and it was so stupid. Jakob/Maria/Cecilia/Azama. Yes both healers had genny's staff skill, yes everyone had annoying skills. Then of course wings of mercy felicia ruined everything on the final map. I really need to give Nino blue tome breaker.

Then the run after that started off with Olivia dying thanks to brash assault

Blue tome breaker doesn't seem necessary for Nino. Most Blue mages aren't too effective against her except maybe Linde. 

Just now, Arthur97 said:

Blue tome breaker doesn't seem necessary for Nino. Most Blue mages aren't too effective against her except maybe Linde. 

Mine can't always guarantee kills and then the mercy begins. Usually I can alleviate this with positioning, but sometimes things go south in a hurry. I've also been screwed over by the occasional Linde & Odin when I can't take care of immediate threats, yeah.

It is pretty niche but sometimes you just go no why, you know?

Well, 91k gives me an score of 1586 which means I won't be getting the max feather reward. At least I got a lot of HM and SP from this whole ordeal, tomorrow I'll get to 100k and I'll be done with this torture.

Checking in, 57k now. Getting mostly B/Bs and some B/C's. But will get the occasional C/D or A/B. I haven't lost a single trial since my last post though. Athena/Lukas/Kagero/Sakura wipe through some stages. B!Caeda/Xander/Soren/Wrys clean up the last few stages if they even need to, then Nino/Tharja/B!Cordelia/Olivia clean up Veronica.

That being said, my score was 50k yesterday. Which means I cleaned up 7000 points today alone. I jumped from rank 24k to rank 12k. Am I master race yet or no?

Realistically the most I'll have by the end of the event amounts to around 70k which I guess isn't bad. I miss out on 9 orbs but maybe I'll be in the top 10k for those 6000 feathers.

50k mark reached. I will probably try get some orbs later, but now I will pour effort into my Infernal Legion team. Pulse might be good match for Eldigans Bonfire. 

Yeah, I feel so refreshed doing something different...

With ~76k points, I'm sitting at rank 6,086. Anyone know what the cutoff is for the 5k bracket? I'm wondering if I should strive to land in it, by switching back to doing perfect/near perfect runs again instead of grinding SP/HM on a variety of my roster. Just a few more days to go...!

15 minutes ago, Astellius said:

With ~76k points, I'm sitting at rank 6,086. Anyone know what the cutoff is for the 5k bracket? I'm wondering if I should strive to land in it, by switching back to doing perfect/near perfect runs again instead of grinding SP/HM on a variety of my roster. Just a few more days to go...!

It'll keep changing and probably end up past 100k by the end. I'm at about 78k and rank ~5,600 and I've kept climbing the ranks despite using secondary teams that don't get perfect runs, so if you keep at it and get enough points to keep increasing in rank over time, you'll probably make it.

35k, but I'm finally at the point where I clear Lunatic 7 almost every time.

I can clear the hardest difficulty 5 times in a row? Great, do it 25 more times to get your reward...

Getting to 50k is such a chore and a total bore.

Finally I'm done with this. Just reached the 100k for every single last Orb this Torture was trying to hide from me. Being so close to the cut-off for the 10k feathers is tempting to keep going, but I probably won't bother. Not sure yet though.
4 Staminapotions were used, during the beginning of the event, when it was still fun and not a total slog.

Spoiler

46s3UxG.png

I pretty much used only 2 Teams for this, which carried me through the entire thing. I lost quite a bit of HM due to mostly using already capped Units, but it allowed me to get perfect/almost perfect scores the entire time. I completely lost only once, and that was due to a misclick on Stage 1, which frustrated me so much that I forfeited the entire thing and took a break.

Team A

Spoiler

T3p9C5s.png4IrKZmA.png
YERq8p5.pngQahsS6N.png

Pure hyper-offense with Eirika as a Buffer for bladetome fun. Usually got me to Stage 7, and more often than not cleared it. Both Nino and Tharja could easily take out Veronica if in Desperation and being buffed, though Nino needs a Moonbow proc for this. Klein joined this Team later, after I got lucky to finally pull him. Before him, a Rehabilitate Healer took his spot. Adding Klein instantly fixed the weakness of absurdly fast Units like Caeda, Niles, Hana, Lon'Qu etc. this Team had, and left my Team with only one last real weakness in Celica, which is too bulky and too fast, mostly after the statinflation took place, to be oneshotted. Eirika usually had to facetank her once to remove her annoying Ragnarok buff and open her up to get Tharja'd. Kinda makes me wish I had a Celica...

Team B

Spoiler

kDIOSev.pngFj8hhpP.png
7gmnKh2.pngNmsQczM.png

Defensive Horse Emblem. Usually saw only action in Veronica's map, or if I fucked up earlier. Luring in and counterkilling while maintaining buffs was this Team's strategy, and it worked surprisingly well. It made me wish that I had a spare Hector to pass DC to Titania though, which would've made things a lot easier. Xander is able to oneround Veronica with a Dragonfang proc on EP, though he needs Camus close by to not get doubled. Without DFang she is weakened enough to get killed by unbuffed Titania or Xander next PP. Other than that, buffed Camus with a charged up AoE can team up with unbuffed Titania or Xander to kill her as well. Priscilla also could sacrifice herself to get additional damage on Enemies if needed.

Healers

Spoiler

YeTnHih.pngY1EVfYa.png

Sakura was used initially until she capped her HM after which Lissa took her spot, which later got kicked out for Klein. Lissa's bulk actually saved me more than one run, and she was a lot more useful than I initially imagined. Gravity helped quite a bit to stall an extra Turn to position myself correctly aswell. Also, both of the lovely Ladies started out on 0 HM prior to the Event.

I just hope, that if something like this returns, they reduce the amount of grinding it takes to get everything, or make it less repetitive. Even though I never really burned out, it got quite boring and dull after a while. Damned be my completionism which forced me to get every single Reward!

Hit the 80k mark today. Not far to go now. Thinking of using some stamina potions and trying to grind Ursula for SP using the Tempest Trials, since I've found a video that might help me clear Infernal if I can give Ursula Hone Cavalry ^.^

Just broke 45k - Quickened Pulse will be mine :D:

Haven't used any Stamina potions (yet) but I've been thinking as a F2P player when I get the final 5K would it be worth my while to burn through some potions for orbs I have 73 potions so thats not really an issue, but it's running the Trials so many times over again - those 15 orbs wont even be a full summon....but can you really turn down a stamina to orbs trade?

Finally managed to push to 50k, I'm quite happy to leave it at that since I was getting a little fed up with the grind. The good thing is I also grinded up alot of my lesser used characters SP and hero feathers without even realising it.

I managed to get an amazing amount of 4K points during this entire month. Without counting my inactivity on Tempest Trials (I only played them when I felt like it until time was almost up for obtaining Masked Lucina), my units can't do their jobs well against some compositions and my teams tend to die at the final map.

That was when I realized I needed to pay more attention to SI and study the metagame, but I need hero feathers to upgrade fodder units so that they pass the relevant skills. My units also lack the necessary SP to inherit all of the relevant skills they need because I didn't think Heroes would become this gamey. Getting hero feathers takes a long time unless you arena abuse and do well at that, which requires SI abuse and loads of patience to grind. You also need that specific hero with the relevant skill for your unit to inherit, otherwise say goodbye to the metagame unless you're lucky with pulls, which require orbs, which are already scarce for those who have already beaten Heroes' maps.

tl;dr, screw meta dependance.

Oh god I'm pretty late for this. I'm at 7k score, I hope I can reach 100k with the 3 days left!

Team is Sharena, Julia, Olivia and Tharja. Pretty consistent so far even in recovery thanks to Julia's breath of life and Tharja's Ardent Sacrifice. Sharena and Olivia buff the shit if them.

Currently sitting at 24,6k right now. Woke up late, and only started going at it some time ago. Managed to get about 7k, yesterday by murdering my sleep schedule. I want to get to at the very least 30k by tonight. Ideally and very very ideally, 35k. But by the way things are going, I only generously get a perfect clear every 1 out of 5 times or so...

Oh god I'm pretty late for this. I'm at 7k score, I hope I can reach 100k with the 3 days left!

lol get the fuck out nigga

Edited by Soul~!

7 hours ago, Othin said:

It'll keep changing and probably end up past 100k by the end. I'm at about 78k and rank ~5,600 and I've kept climbing the ranks despite using secondary teams that don't get perfect runs, so if you keep at it and get enough points to keep increasing in rank over time, you'll probably make it.

Well, yes, of course it will keep changing, I was curious as to where it was at the moment, to see how big the gap is, as it might help me decide whether I want to switch from grinding for SP/HM to grinding for points. I'm now at 77.7k points, but my rank has fallen to 6,188.

At 62k. Unless the game gives me a stamina potion I'm probably locked to around 70k or around 75k before the event's end.

Ideally 80k would be my endgame. The 3 orbs would give me exactly 20. Once again I've proven to be upper-middle of the road in a competitive environment.

Edited by Zeo

When you discover Azura can dance right after warping to safety.

ohhhhhhhhhhhh boy

Also Quick Riposte on Sanaki outright murders Veronica, so I'm sticking to that.

1 hour ago, Soul~! said:

Currently sitting at 24,6k right now. Woke up late, and only started going at it some time ago. Managed to get about 7k, yesterday by murdering my sleep schedule. I want to get to at the very least 30k by tonight. Ideally and very very ideally, 35k. But by the way things are going, I only generously get a perfect clear every 1 out of 5 times or so...

Sounds like a good goal to me. More work now means less work later. Because who needs sleep, am I right?

Just don't completely destroy your sleep over this. Maybe some of it.

1 hour ago, Quintessence said:

Oh god I'm pretty late for this. I'm at 7k score,

Am I...am I reading this correctly? 

Sounds like it's crunch time!