Tempest Torture

Arthur97

^ Pretty much that. I only used potions for the GHB's, as I wasn't sure if I would make it. I've got to 99k today, so I probably could've easily done the GHB's even without using them, but I've only used two or three (Legion wiped me out quite heavily).

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Zangetsu said:

Christ how do u guys do this shit without using any potions? I had to at least 8 times to get "Marth".

I used a few orbs. I figured losing one or two orbs is worth it to get a few more orbs after Quicken Pulse. I need to stop wasting Stamina potions on GHB and monthly quests though, since I should look up strategy videos and be more patient with not completing all the monthly quests within a few days.

...My Lilina now has so much of her previous ~2000 SP bill chopped off. She's probably set for SP once she promotes to 5*.

And if I keep Nino at level 40 for the Arena quests, she might get her promotion first!

58 minutes ago, SSbardock84 said:

Last day, 47,007 points . . . I can do this and I hope they never have one of these trials again.

LOL THEY'RE DEFINITELY GONNA HAVE MORE

One for Veronica, and one for Bruno for sure heh It's gonna be a total riot!

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

LOL THEY'RE DEFINITELY GONNA HAVE MORE

One for Veronica, and one for Bruno for sure heh It's gonna be a total riot!

I . . . don't  . . . want to do this anymore :( too time consuming. It'd be nice if they had the same Sacred Seals every time so I didn't have to go as far.

Ugh, I just found out I left my phone charger at home. I hope someone else here at work has one.

8 hours ago, Soul~! said:

Currently sitting at 34k. My plan is to finish for today at 35k and divide into a 5k two-parter and end at 45k by the end of tomorrow. 50k looks feasible.

The tides have turned.

Will he make it to the 'Pulse?

Only time will tell.

What's your bottle count at this point?

I do hope they fix the Tempest Trials somewhat. It's kind of an annoying grind 

I did notice I did better once I switched out some units and builds (mainly giving a Hone to my Robin and switching out Hector for Nino) but its still tedious to get a nice score. (Though getting that Breath of Life Seal also has made this more tolerable)

I'll be better prepared for the next Trial for sure. I've been lazy in training new units but this event now serves a motivation to use more characters

It'd be nice that if the next time you brought in a team, when one of your teams dies, that you could have all the damage you dealt be put in and all of the units you defeated keep them defeated. That might make things easier, but it'd be so much nicer. If they did that and limited it down to 3 teams only, I'd be much happier.

Sitting right now at 22.5K-ish as for me. I don't think I'll get to the Quickened Pulse Seal but a 5 star Masked Marth is nice enough. I am already training the 4 star one and its the one I'm gonna promote. Masked Marth is an SP sink due to having to inherit all those skills, so I'll train this 4 star one, promote for more SP and then merge the 5 star one into it for more SP and bonus stats.

~42k; I couldn't connect to Heroes partway through grinding yesterday, so I'm a bit off-track. I want to just finish this today (I still haven't been able to attempt Legion), but my luck's gotten pretty rotten. My team can't handle the sudden influx of archers and dagger users within the first 4 maps. Red mages are suddenly bunching up, too. I'm doing my best to push through, but now only averaging 224 points instead of 336 is really going to hurt my stamina potions... :'D

1 minute ago, De Gea said:

Considering I started near the end of last week and had low level units, I hit my goal. How long until this event is done?

The event still has 1 day and 15 hours left. 

4 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

Christ how do u guys do this shit without using any potions? I had to at least 8 times to get "Marth".

Just run Lunatic without losing any teams.

That nets you 705 points per run, which is is 3525 points per full bar of stamina. That means you can get over 10k points per day without spending any stamina potions. 

I got to 100k a few days ago and have yet to spend a single potion. I'm just using Tempest to grind HM now. 

2 hours ago, SSbardock84 said:

Last day, 47,007 points . . . I can do this and I hope they never have one of these trials again.

I hope they do it again, just make the limited time rewards like the Seal lower on the rung.  I had the most fun with Heroes in a while doing it the first few days, it's just running it a hundred times gets very tedious after a while.

I really cut back after I got to 50K.

40 minutes ago, SSbardock84 said:

That's why it takes me so freaking long, cuz I don't do Lunatic. I only have 3 good solid teams. Most of my 5 Star characters are red units, so I can't really have a well-balanced team.

I think even if you don't beat Lunatic, getting 6/7 Will get you more points than Hard, and they all cost 20 Stamina.

I've finally managed to reach 100'000 points and obtain all the rewards!  Good grief, that was exhausting.  Hopefully next time they do a tempest trial they'll find a way to make it less tedious.

My current rank is 2'886.  I may keep going and try to get into the top 1'000, but for now, I'm going to take a break and spend time finishing off the remaining quests that I have yet to complete.

20 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I hope they do it again, just make the limited time rewards like the Seal lower on the rung.  I had the most fun with Heroes in a while doing it the first few days, it's just running it a hundred times gets very tedious after a while.

I really cut back after I got to 50K.

I think even if you don't beat Lunatic, getting 6/7 Will get you more points than Hard, and they all cost 20 Stamina.

I really enjoyed it at the beginning, it was just way too repetitive and took up too much time. It was a great way to get tons of SP and to get my Inheritance up. I agree if they do do it again they need to lower the Sacred Seals. I'd be chill if they did the same ones.

Sitting one run away from 50,000 right now. Work means I don't get much time to do this on the weekdays.

However, I did realize that the 3-orb reward for each 10,000 points after 50,000 is exactly the number of orbs I need to spend to get the stamina to earn 10,000 points. So if I burn orbs to climb the rankings before the event ends (because I'm sure as hell out of stamina restores), that's basically just free SP, free Hero Merit, and free feathers in exchange for no orb rewards.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

I hope they do it again, just make the limited time rewards like the Seal lower on the rung.

The rewards from this Tempest Trial will probably be lower in the rewards in the next one, but they'll likely add a new reward at 50,000 points. That or Quickened Pulse will just be a permanent fixture at 50,000 points to encourage players to improve their team before the next Trial.