Tempest Torture

Arthur97

Just now, Kon said:

Made it up to 14k so far, gonna see how far I can get before the event ends

Hopefully they give us another chance for the Quickened Pulse seal, 'cause there's no way I'm getting it with what time I have left

I hope you get to 20k for the Breath of Life seal~!! Good luck!!

And, I think they will; they seem to cycle the seals so everyone can get a chance to get them. I imagine it'll return when the next Tempest does...at least, I certainly hope so.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Luna of Dragonblood said:

I hope you get to 20k for the Breath of Life seal~!! Good luck!!

And, I think they will; they seem to cycle the seals so everyone can get a chance to get them. I imagine it'll return when the next Tempest does...at least, I certainly hope so.

I'm actually hoping the next Tempest has a new, awesome seal at 50k and then maybe Quick Pulse at a lower value (like 40k maybe?)

It's also possible they just don't have QP at Tempest at all anymore and allow you to gain it through some new quest in the future. I'm hoping they at least make "free 5* at 30k" and "awesome seal at 50k" a recurring thing though. 

Another suggestion I was thinking of was to have quests related to the Tempest to spice things up a bit and make it less monotonous. Maybe something like "beat a Tempest run (not necessarily Lunatic) with Alfonse" or "do Tempest runs with a cavalry team" or something and have the Quick Pulse seal be a reward for one of the more challenging quests in the next Tempest. 

47 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Another suggestion I was thinking of was to have quests related to the Tempest to spice things up a bit and make it less monotonous. Maybe something like "beat a Tempest run (not necessarily Lunatic) with Alfonse" or "do Tempest runs with a cavalry team" or something and have the Quick Pulse seal be a reward for one of the more challenging quests in the next Tempest. 

That'd be cool. It'd give more motivation to mix things up, and having seal reruns be that way rather than at the same or lower point thresholds would feel more fair to players who put a lot of effort into getting the points for them the first time around.

finally got masked marth today. i'm glad i decided not to go for the quicken seal, b/c it would've ruined my life. now that i have a lot more of units fully stocked up on skills future tempest trials should be a lot easier for me (although my camilla maxed out her HM today, ah well).

Rank has fallen to 8,090. Hoping I don't need to keep playing past my 90k point total to stay in the top 10k ranks, but I'll do it if I have to.

^

Is it really that important to be in the top 10 or do u just wanna bragging rights?

6 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

If it makes you feel better, I don't think he's that great as a unit.

He's not viable as tank?

4 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

^

Is it really that important to be in the top 10 or do u just wanna bragging rights?

He's not viable as tank?

You get feathers at the end depending on rank. Falling out of the top 10k would mean only getting 4k feathers rather than 6k, so I don't plan on letting that happen.

12 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

OOOHHHH that's make sense, maybe you should use a stamina potion to play on the safe side.

I have plenty of stamina; I'm just burned out on the mode and don't feel like playing it more this week unless I have to. Especially since if I keep playing past 90k, I'll be tempted to go for 100k, and that would be a pain to do in what's left of today. I'd already be at 100k even without using potions if I hadn't been taking breaks to do other stuff the past few days, although by now I'm sure I'm past the point where I could hit 100k without potions.

Getting to 90k was my way of staying on the safe side, anyway, although it looks like it may not be quite as safe as I'd hoped. (I'd previously planned to stop at about 80k.)

14 hours ago, Zeo said:

Before that I was getting constant 339 failures or less.

339 failures. That's cute

Try sub 200.

7 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

If it makes you feel better, I don't think he's that great as a unit.

It doesn't.

SI allows for a ton of flexibility, to the point everyone fills up a valueble.

6 hours ago, shadowofchaos said:

47k on both accounts. Out of stamina for now.

Can't switch to mine until I get home.

Why are you doing two?

EDIT: off to a good start, failed like 3 times in a row at the first one :awesome:

Edited by Soul~!

1 hour ago, Zangetsu said:

^

He's not viable as tank?

He may be, but he just seems too weak and unimpressive compared to other more useful lancers. Sure, he may be a nigh immovable object, but not too much else. At least for me. I have no real desire to put anymore work into him, not when I have options like Cordelia and Camus.

1 hour ago, Zangetsu said:

He's not viable as tank?

Lukas is pretty great with his default Killer Lance, but with Quick Pulse and Bonfire he makes for a excellent counterkiller. Like this set:

Spoiler

-Killer Lance

-Swap

-Bonfire / Ignis

-Fortress Def 3 / Fury 3 / Distant Counter

-Quick Riposte 3

-Any

-Quick Pulse

Bonfire has a CD of 1 with this set while Ignis has a CD of 2. Bonfire improves his matchup against mages if you run Distant Counter, which give him the most trouble by far, while Ignis handles everything else.

He's perfectly viable as a tank, especially when he has more bulk than most armored units at base. Too bad mine is -Def

7 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

He may be, but he just seems too weak and unimpressive compared to other more useful lancers. Sure, he may be a nigh immovable object, but not too much else. At least for me. I have no real desire to put anymore work into him, not when I have options like Cordelia and Camus.

Lukas has 35 Atk, tied with Cordelia, Donnel, Ephraim, Est, and Hinoka and only losing to Effie and Bride Charlotte. That's hardly weak to be tied for third.

He can run Brave Lance+ and Death Blow 3, which makes him a slower, but much bulkier Donnel or Est.

Alternatively, he can run Killer Lance+, Ignis, Fortress Def 3, and Quick Riposte 3 off of his low Spd to tank and murder any melee physical unit that attacks him.

21 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Lukas has 35 Atk, tied with Cordelia, Donnel, Ephraim, Est, and Hinoka and only losing to Effie and Bride Charlotte. That's hardly weak to be tied for third.

He can run Brave Lance+ and Death Blow 3, which makes him a slower, but much bulkier Donnel or Est.

Alternatively, he can run Killer Lance+, Ignis, Fortress Def 3, and Quick Riposte 3 off of his low Spd to tank and murder any melee physical unit that attacks him.

Okay, so he's not that weak, but he's still really slow with terrible resistance.He seems decent enough as a character, but I just don't particularly like him as a unit. It's moreso a matter of preference I suppose, but he does seem to rank in at around average. I simply don't care for using him, and that's my opinion.

Edited by Arthur97

Ran like 7 runs so far. Been fucking up, and only got one down. The rest, I'm lucky to make 200 for a loss at the last stage.

Currently sitting at 46k, only one Potion left. It's likely I might use an Orb or two, at this point.

EDIT:

Still haven't beaten any of the Legion maps, so there's that.

Edited by Soul~!

Just got past the 70K mark for another 3 Orbs.  I think I'll stop there, I don't think I could reach 80K without Potions, and I'll let the burnout recover until next Tempest.

I'm currently at Rank 12,887.  Disappointing that I fell out of the Top 10K, but it looks like most of the people ahead of me went all the way to 99,999, and I don't think I could get that far tonight.  I did manage to get 8 units to 2000 HR along the way.

4 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

fuck_zpsqpwdh0qf.png

welp, Orb time...

Only 3k to go, but I'm choking hard and out of Orbs. 'least I got 'til 4 a.m, again...

I forget if you get the Bonus Unit Bonus if you don't do all maps, but you could lead off with a Bonus Unit, then surrender immediately, to get the x1.2 or 1.4.

8 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

fuck_zpsqpwdh0qf.png

welp, Orb time...

Only 3k to go, but I'm choking hard and out of Orbs. 'least I got 'til 4 a.m, again...

If you naturally let your stamina regenerate, you still have 80 stamina till its over! Also please use a bonus unit at least once. It'll boost your score by a lot. 40% is quite a lot. 

Edit: Have you done the arena quests? They give you stamina pots. 

Edited by Kiran

Just now, Rezzy said:

I forget if you get the Bonus Unit Bonus if you don't do all maps, but you could lead off with a Bonus Unit, then surrender immediately, to get the x1.2 or 1.4.

Does that outdo the surrender score or whatever?

Just now, Kiran said:

Edit: Have you done the arena quests? They give you stamina pots. 

With 8 hours left, the irony is that you won't even fill it.

What I was going to mention:

quests_zpsgpblhjt4.png

On it.