Tempest Torture

Arthur97

50k. It's over, it's done.I used a mix of characters with Tharja for the first 6 battles, on the 7th I deployed a reposition horse emblem (Leo, Xander, Cecilia, Olwen usually)

Congratulations to those who managed 100k, even getting to 50k was a painful experience (averaging between 300+ for losses and 600+ for wins).

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's over. The nightmare is finally over...

After a final 3-hour grind yesterday, got just over 100000 final score, 7056 final rank. And I somehow still have most of my stamina potions intact (80 or so stashed now).

Definitely going to be better prepared for the next one...

Finally, it's over. Hurray for the upcoming gauntlet, not. Also fitting to use the 10k feathers associated with pain towards Horse Emblem. Hate the concept, but I already have my main team realized, so why not have a backup team to break the game/the souls of all enemies if necessary, paid with blood money.

Barely 10k points. This mode pretty much burned me out on the game and life in general. Too boring. Then again, my plan to burn my 30+ stamina potions went up in smoke due to RL issues taking up most, if not, all my time. Tch, not even the Breath of Life Seal. Hopefully those seals will return at some point. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

38 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Barely 10k points. This mode pretty much burned me out on the game and life in general. Too boring. Then again, my plan to burn my 30+ stamina potions went up in smoke due to RL issues taking up most, if not, all my time. Tch, not even the Breath of Life Seal. Hopefully those seals will return at some point. 

To be honest, a lot of it comes down to how early you start. I felt the exact same way, since I had a whole week in disadvantage. Had I started earlier, I knew I wouldn't stressed or in a hurry to make it. I like the mode, as it's actually highly rewarding for your hard work. Games need to do this.

It's a marathon, not a sprint.

Ah damn, I dropped out of the Top 1k. 130k Points just weren't enough. Ended with Rank 1109 for 8k Feathers, which allowed to finally promote DA FONS aka Alfonse. With that, the Askr Trio is finally complete and I can focus on other things. At least I got Tons of HM out of the additional Runs, so I won't complain.

2 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Hope I can stay in the top 1K!

EDIT: Rank 701! 10K feathers get!

1 hour ago, Symphonica said:

Score of 142314 nets me a rank of 112, and with that, I now have enough feathers for another 5* promotion!

Congratulations to both of you, you succeeded where I failed.

Or just in general, Congratulations to anyone who reached their goal in this Event. You all have done well.

26 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

To be honest, a lot of it comes down to how early you start. I felt the exact same way, since I had a whole week in disadvantage. Had I started earlier, I knew I wouldn't stressed or in a hurry to make it. I like the mode, as it's actually highly rewarding for your hard work. Games need to do this.

It's a marathon, not a sprint.

On the contrary I hated the mode due to how slow and tedious it was. Too repetitive. The same 7 maps all over again and again and again...with the same inflated unis. The rewards weren't really that interesting either.  I guess I'm getting too old for this. Marathon stuff like this just bores me these days. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

Stopped at 60k points just so I can at least get the first benchmark of 3 Orbs.

Ranking gave me 4000 feathers, which is decent. I didn't really have enough time/energy to do more after getting the Sacred Seals- 7 battles per session can get really draining.

Congrats on the top rankers though!

Never though I'd max out Lucina/Tharja before my other more arena-used units, so this was still a good SP/HM grind.

Edited by mcsilas

11 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

On the contrary I hated the mode due to how slow and tedious it was. Too repetitive. The same 7 maps all over again and again and again...with the same inflated unis. The rewards weren't really that interesting either.  I guess I'm getting too old for this. Marathon stuff like this just bores me these days. 

Like I said, it just really helps if you're in it from the start. We got the bitter end and felt in a rush. For me, I was aiming for 10k a day and only managed to get that on the last 2 days or so. Not going to lie, but that shit was somewhat awful. And to think I made it out of 70-80% failed runs of making 100-200 on average without any Bonus Units (again, the guys reminded me just yesterday of that one trick of just having them surrender).

As to Quickened Pulse- now that I see it for myself, is it really worth the hype? I thought it afforded a constant -1 cooldown, but apparently it's only a Turn 1 thing. Take it if that's the deal, it's pretty much just aimed at making most out of your first Player Phase...

Just now, Soul~! said:

Like I said, it just really helps if you're in it from the start. We got the bitter end and felt in a rush. For me, I was aiming for 10k a day and only managed to get that on the last 2 days or so. Not going to lie, but that shit was somewhat awful. And to think I made it out of 70-80% failed runs of making 100-200 on average without any Bonus Units (again, the guys reminded me just yesterday of that one trick of just having them surrender).

As to Quickened Pulse- now that I see it for myself, is it really worth the hype? I thought it afforded a constant -1 cooldown, but apparently it's only a Turn 1 thing. Take it if that's the deal, it's pretty much just aimed at making most out of your first Player Phase...

Between work and sleep, I could hardly make it to 10k points. I was hoping for at least the Breath of Life seal but that one will probably be back at some point. The point gain was awful. 

Quickened Pulse is great for units like Reinhardt but it's a Turn 1 thing. After that, it just wastes space. It's meant for people who love rushing and ending the battles in their first player phase. 

1 minute ago, Soul~! said:

Only turn 1 isn't that big of a minus, all things considered---a unit that can fight multiple units and win probably doesn't rely on special procs in the first place. The opportunity cost is low since you're only trading the equivalent of a level 1 skill to put this particular seal on someone. It's decent on defense for -brave Moonbow users to increase coverage, and on offensive it makes sure your 'coverage' unit has maximum coverage possible for their first---usually most important---fight.

It's far easier to swallow a Quickened Pulse in exchange for -1 Atk (from the +Atk seal) compared to the -4 Atk of killer weapons, for example. How many times does a killer weapon user use their specials more than once? (Not very, considering most killer users are QR Bonfire---QR breaks after the first combat.)

Just because it was worth it doesn't mean it was fun.

Regardless, I do have to congratulate you for putting the same amount of work with 5 days below me.

2 hours ago, Soul~! said:

It depends on the unit. I put it on Ephraim and he can actually bait reds and kill them in return fire using Moonbow. Its been rather helpful in arena since I can now safely bait Ryoma and other popular red sword lords without having to worry about vantage. 

8 hours ago, shadowofchaos said:

Goodbye, Senka no Rensen.

Obligatory "the things we do for love?l

1 hour ago, Quintessence said:

@Soul~! @MrSmokestack

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20170622-014244.png

Did this exactly 17 minutes before the event's closure. My goodness, I managed to get 20K by yesterday and 10K two days ago. This was a torture but I think it was fun and worth it.

These 4 ladies reached 2k HM wow.

Nice!

So what did this do to your sleep schedule?

24 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Nice!

I stayed up till 2 am with her after I got it because this event literally took my time away from her that day after work.

I wasn't going to give that up.

I'd rather give up sleep.

3 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

I stayed up till 2 am with her after I got it because this event literally took my time away from her that day after work.

it did hurt your shitposting skills though

3 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Now that is how you write a romance.

4 hours ago, Soul~! said:

Quickened Pulse isn't a full Killer weapon effect, but it's typically most of one, which is a bigger impact than the other seals so far.

37 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Nice!

Worst sleep schedule ever, not even in college/mid term stuff. Only 5 hrs of sleep on the past 2-3 days.