Tempest Torture

Arthur97

9 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

I had a theory that this mode would coincide with a massive Future Past banner plus paralogue with Awakening Gen 2s, including the Masked Marth that we see in the video. But I know so little about this vortex mode that I can't really speculate on anything.

Hey, it could be? I think one of the maps that we were shown had a somewhat Plegian feel.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Hey, it could be? I think one of the maps that we were shown had a somewhat Plegian feel.

One of the maps is the Premonition/Dragon Table Alter map but instead of Validar its Veronica. But that's not a very compelling reason for there being a big gen 2 unit update. Though this would be a good a time as any to offer up Owain, Inigo & Severa

16 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I hope the reward isn't yet another Lucina. I don't care about her at all and I'd rather be able to earn orbs, feathers, shards, and crystals and stuff from it.

How about orbs, feathers, AND a Lucina? That's what I'm hoping for. The yet another Lucina would still become my first, so all good here.

8 minutes ago, r_n said:

One of the maps is the Premonition/Dragon Table Alter map but instead of Validar its Veronica. But that's not a very compelling reason for there being a big gen 2 unit update. Though this would be a good a time as any to offer up Owain, Inigo & Severa

inb4 the 5* we get is Validar, and Masked Marth is just a provided unit only usable within the special mode

12 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I'm just saying if they wanted to do a Future Past banner and paralogue, they'd just go and do it. No need to tie a game mode around it. The only connection between permadeath mode and Future Past that I can draw is that version of Awakening's world is one where everybody but the kids are dead. Cool reference, but I think they'd be content with just a paralogue or story chapter now that we know those can show up in an update.

9 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

How about orbs, feathers, AND a Lucina? That's what I'm hoping for. The yet another Lucina would still become my first, so all good here.

I suppose that's acceptable. And luckily for me, it'd be my first Lucina too. And I pulled several 5 star swords. I hope she has good skills to give someone, because I wouldn't intend to keep her.

20 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

inb4 the 5* we get is Validar, and Masked Marth is just a provided unit only usable within the special mode

Sorrow...

13 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

I'm just saying if they wanted to do a Future Past banner and paralogue, they'd just go and do it. No need to tie a game mode around it. The only connection between permadeath mode and Future Past that I can draw is that version of Awakening's world is one where everybody but the kids are dead. Cool reference, but I think they'd be content with just a paralogue or story chapter now that we know those can show up in an update.

Honestly, it's about time they add some more Awakening characters. It's beat out by Fates and Elibe.

If they really want to tie it in, maybe they are sending units through to save another timeline.

9 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

Big twist,  5*:masked Lucina will turn be actually time traveling Marth  from past who just pretend to be Lucina, because he us big fan.

That would be...different, but kind of entertaining. 

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

Honestly, it's about time they add some more Awakening characters. It's beat out by Fates and Elibe.

You guys need to stop it right now. My orbs absolutely cannot handle Severa getting in on a banner right now. i have swimsuits to hoard for dammit. The Brides already swooped in and ruined my plans enough!

3 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

You guys need to stop it right now. My orbs absolutely cannot handle Severa getting in on a banner right now. i have swimsuits to hoard for dammit. The Brides already swooped in and ruined my plans enough!

I'm honestly not sure we'll get a swimsuit banner since we're currently in one for June and the CYL banner is supposed to be late summer I believe. They seem to do limited ones relatively sparsely.

4 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I'm honestly not sure we'll get a swimsuit banner since we're currently in one for June and the CYL banner is supposed to be late summer I believe. They seem to do limited ones relatively sparsely.

I'd agree if it was just off how this bride banner has been spaced from the Spring one, but I just really can't imagine them skipping out on raking in cash from a swimsuit banner. It seems almost as guaranteed as Halloween costumes to me, and it's even more of a gacha staple than brides and they hit that mark too. I'll be really surprised if we don't see something in July or August.

Just now, Alkaid said:

I'd agree if it was just off how this bride banner has been spaced from the Spring one, but I just really can't imagine them skipping out on raking in cash from a swimsuit banner. It seems almost as guaranteed as Halloween costumes to me, and it's even more of a gacha staple than brides and they hit that mark too. I'll be really surprised if we don't see something in July or August.

I know, but...my orbs. 

Just now, Arthur97 said:

I know, but...my orbs. 

Tell me about it. Watch it be Lucina and Camilla again, too. And I'm totally okay with that.

59 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Tell me about it. Watch it be Lucina and Camilla again, too. And I'm totally okay with that.

Though it does make sense if they do one every two months:

Aug: CYL

Oct: Halloween

Dec: Christmas

Maybe next year they would replace the CYL with the summer one.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I hope the reward isn't yet another Lucina. I don't care about her at all and I'd rather be able to earn orbs, feathers, shards, and crystals and stuff from it.

NULMCNP.png

This bit from the trailer indicates there are several rewards, including feathers, alongside the 5* character assumed to be Masked Lucina.

1 hour ago, Arthur97 said:

The last special banner was at the beginning of April. If it's every two months, then the next one will be at the beginning of August, then the beginning of October. Summer technically ends at the end of September, around when they're expected to announce the early October banner, so that timeframe could fit. But we'll have to see.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

NULMCNP.png

This bit from the trailer indicates there are several rewards, including feathers, alongside the 5* character assumed to be Masked Lucina.

Wow, 500 feathers to a 5 star character is a mighty big leap... But oh well.

6 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Though it does make sense if they do one every two months:

Aug: CYL

Oct: Halloween

Dec: Christmas

Maybe next year they would replace the CYL with the summer one.

I forgot about Halloween. That doesn't seem like something they'd be likely to skip either, so perhaps CYL just won't be on the regular schedule?

18 hours ago, Othin said:

I forgot about Halloween. That doesn't seem like something they'd be likely to skip either, so perhaps CYL just won't be on the regular schedule?

CYL will definitely be it's own thing, they can't just do another CYL next year, it'd be the same characters again.

I don't think this will happen, but how cool would it be if you could get Lucina's mask and put it on any of your characters?  Their sprites do all seem to have the same sized head...

5 minutes ago, Lushen said:

CYL will definitely be it's own thing, they can't just do another CYL next year, it'd be the same characters again.

That's true, I hadn't thought about the expectation of repeating the seasonal banners on the same pattern each year.

I guess after Easter, marriage, beach, Halloween, and Christmas, the last seasonal event, for February, is probably Valentine's Day? It could seem a bit redundant with June marriages, but I can see it being considered different enough, if it's also something they'd make a big deal out of.

Edited by Othin

8 minutes ago, Lushen said:

I don't think this will happen, but how cool would it be if you could get Lucina's mask and put it on any of your characters?  Their sprites do all seem to have the same sized head...

They could always do the next four I guess as well as add the first four into the mix for that banner. I do hope if they repeat then the old ones will return as well. Though I doubt that CYL will return.

Edited by Arthur97

I would like to see that the CYL ones be added into the permanent pool. That way, they can still be obtained after their banner ends but they'd be much harder to get, the reasoning being that many people voted on those characters before the release of Heroes and it'll be a shame that they'd no longer be obtainable after a period of time after failing to get them after they had to wait for what's likely well over half a year before those heroes be added to the game.

Edited by Roflolxp54

16 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

I would like to see that the CYL ones be added into the permanent pool. That way, they can still be obtained after their banner ends but they'd be much harder to get, the reasoning being that many people voted on those characters before the release of Heroes and it'll be a shame that they'd no longer be obtainable after a period of time after failing to get them after they had to wait for what's likely well over half a year before those heroes be added to the game.

Yeah, that's another reason I was thinking they might have different treatment and therefore not fit the seasonal schedule.

I will fight tooth and nail for a free 5* unit. And if it's Masked Lucina? Great, I finally have a Falchion. I wonder how permadeath is going to work. I really hope that deaths don't affect duplicates. Otherwise difficulty just went up a notch. 

3 hours ago, Lushen said:

I hope CYL is another separate banner, and stays longer than normal banners.

3 hours ago, Lushen said:

I like this idea. I was always hoping that these decorations can be rewards of voting gauntlets so that people will join the team of their favorite characters (instead of the winning characters) if they can get some decorations of those characters.

Edited by Rosetta