Tempest Torture

Arthur97

New mode now has a name, and Masked Lucina is confirmed as a prize. You better believe I fully intend to get her too. Her portrait doesn't look half bad either from what little I saw.

Anyway, you apparently get a set amount of teams which I take as essentially lives. If you restart with a new team, then all enemies will respawn, but with %20 less HP and reset cooldown on specials so it gets easier. There are also two sets of bonus characters: a 20 and 40 percent multiplier group.

Edited by Arthur97

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, it looks like 'permanently dead' means 'you can't use them for the rest of the set', not 'ever again in this mode'. That's a load of worry off my back- I'm starting to be more accustomed to Heroes and Advance Wars styled tactics rather than Classic Fire Emblem.

mfw I don't have any of the 40% bonus units

Other than that, it seems like a fun event. I'm not too interested in masked Marth as I have no shortage of sword units and already have a falchion user. On the other hand, the quickened pulse sacred seal I definitely want.

Edit the OP with the info (like kickoff campaign, dates, etc.). The Tempest Trial isn't going to be sticking around forever so for now, that Enigmatic Blade Lucina is a limited release unit.

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

Also, it looks like 'permanently dead' means 'you can't use them for the rest of the set', not 'ever again in this mode'. That's a load of worry off my back- I'm starting to be more accustomed to Heroes and Advance Wars styled tactics rather than Classic Fire Emblem.

I doubted it would ever be like that. No one would ever play if it meant losing units forever.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

So Masked Marth is “sort of” in the game. I guess I can check them when the mode goes live or people actually get them.

It'll give me an excuse to reorganise the percentage data I've got.

If they add any Archanean characters, I definitely need to check if I've counted Camus.

4 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

mfw I don't have any of the 40% bonus units

Other than that, it seems like a fun event. I'm not too interested in masked Marth as I have no shortage of sword units and already have a falchion user. On the other hand, the quickened pulse sacred seal I definitely want.

From the wording it seems like the bonus units will probably change over the course of the event. I hope this is the case at least. I have mRobin but I don't want to be using him endlessly!

6/8~6/22

I really hope this is replacing the gauntlet. I hesitate to even call that an "event".  Hopefully the trials are really difficult.

Also Masked "Marth"!  Slightly disappointed it wasn't Veronica BUT, this is cool too.  And it seems the rewards aren't determined by ranking, which is great.

I have high hopes.

Edited by Sayyyaka

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

It'll give me an excuse to reorganise the percentage data I've got.

If they add any Archanean characters, I definitely need to check if I've counted Camus.

I counted Camus from the beginning. He was in the game, just unplayable.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

I counted Camus from the beginning. He was in the game, just unplayable.

I was counting playable-at-the-time, separately to your numbers. And Camus was announced, so he was in this quasi-do-I-count-this state.

At any rate, a lot of Awakening characters on the bonus roster.

Pardon me, but I'm a bit confused. Does this mean you can deploy more units in a single map??? Or is it like the maximum chances you can get per floor? 

If it's the first one, I'll definitely flip an altar. 

6 minutes ago, Sayyyaka said:

6/8~6/22

I really hope this is replacing the gauntlet. I hesitate to even call that an "event".  Hopefully the trials are really difficult.

Also Masked "Marth"!  Slightly disappointed it wasn't Veronica BUT, this is cool too.  And it seems the rewards aren't determined by ranking, which is great.

I have high hopes.

I think it's both. If I understand it correctly, you can end up getting two five star "Marths." That or only the five star comes from ranking.

3 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Hmm... I have male Robin and Tharja to use for the 40% bonus...

Remember, it's doesn't stack. Both Robin and Lucina are regulars for me, so I'm good.

Also the OP has been edited.

1 minute ago, Sentinel07 said:

Kind of curious that it's a limited time event. Didn't expect that.

I imagine they will switch out the hero after every event. Plus, limited characters mean people are more likely to spend money.

So how do people think they'll manage?

I have a decent supply of 5 stars two of which are high bonus characters as well as several level 40 4 stars so I'm fairly confident.

6 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I imagine they will switch out the hero after every event. Plus, limited characters mean people are more likely to spend money.

So how do people think they'll manage?

I have a decent supply of 5 stars two of which are high bonus characters as well as several level 40 4 stars so I'm fairly confident.

Well, I have a ton of good 5* units all maxed out, though I just hope getting the new character will be at a reasonable score.

Just now, Sentinel07 said:

Well, I have a ton of good 5* units all maxed out, though I just hope getting the new character will be at a reasonable score.

Agreed, but if it's like the arena, having a bonus character pretty much means you'll do good.

16 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Remember, it's doesn't stack. Both Robin and Lucina are regulars for me, so I'm good.

I'm aware. I'm just saying what options I have to maximize my score.