Tempest Torture

Arthur97

5 minutes ago, Lyrai said:

Ah yes, I do remember now, Lucius. Although without that Killer weapon restriction.
I want "Marth" and that seal for sure. :)

I literally was the first one to deny that Killer skill from you too! I'm sooo sorry!

It's completely okay! :D:

I was just really amazed at how far the features can get. After all, this game can get really unpredictable at times. Good luck on getting "Marth"! 

Spoiler

I'm still a tad intimidated by the "permadeath" element... :o:

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Not sure if you're serious or not, but this brings me closer to completing my Lucina army.

At this rate they might as well release a hone/fortify Lucinas skill

My Lvl 40+3 Lissa will be very happy now. She's a 4*, but still ( Pain and Rehabilitate ftw ). She'll be a welcome addition for keeping my core team-mates alive: Lucina, Hector and Rein.

Better make those 2 weeks count; I'm not sure how quickly a single player can reach a cumulative score of 30K for the 5* masked Lucina reward.

Edited by Roflolxp54

16 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

These stamina costs though... (seems to be 20 stamina for any trial, regardless of difficulty - it'll cost 20 stamina to do a Hard trial and it'll cost 20 stamina to do a Lunatic trial).

If the stamina costs are for the whole trial (that is, for the entire series of maps in a given trial), then it's actually fairly cheap, all things considered. If stamina costs are per map in the trial, then R.I.P stamina potions.

5 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

If the stamina costs are for the whole trial (that is, for the entire series of maps in a given trial), then it's actually fairly cheap, all things considered. If stamina costs are per map in the trial, then R.I.P stamina potions.

That's true though there's also the scoring.

In the provided screenshots, clearing a 5-map trial only netted 252 points and that's with the 40% bonus modifier included. Granted, there are other details not known (like is A-rank for Speed and Survival the best possible modifier or is there a better rank like S-rank?).

30K cumulative score to get the 5* masked Lucina reward and a trial costs 20 stamina to do, no matter the difficulty from what it appears in the screenshot. That'll be some work to do and I can see whales dropping money to buy orbs to burn as stamina.

I do have this nice stash of 2920 generic My Nintendo Points and 93 stamina potions, though.

Edited by Roflolxp54

1 minute ago, Roflolxp54 said:

That's true though there's also the scoring.

In the provided screenshots, clearing a 5-map trial only netted 252 points and that's with the 40% bonus modifier included. Granted, there are other details not known (like is A-rank for Speed and Survival the best possible modifier or is there a better rank like S-rank?).

30K cumulative score to get the 5* masked Lucina reward and a trial costs 20 stamina to do, no matter the difficulty from what it appears in the screenshot. That'll be some work to do and I can see whales dropping money to buy orbs to burn as stamina.

There's a reason this event lasts until the 22nd. With that many days, you should be able to reach the required score without having to spend that many stamina potions

1 minute ago, Korath88 said:

There's a reason this event lasts until the 22nd. With that many days, you should be able to reach the required score without having to spend that many stamina potions

Let's just hope that they don't release any new quests that require stamina unless the quests are in the Tempest Trials.

8 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

If I can count 1000 points per day, then it would get around 16000 points by the end of the event. But, with some extra stamina potions... :3
Yes, we must indeed save them. Especially when it counts like this one!

Edited by Lyrai

2 hours ago, Korath88 said:

Unless all your Teammates fall and you cant use anyone anymore for the remainder of the event?

1 hour ago, Chromatone said:

Yea this seems soo busted!  Arena just got a whole lot scarier!

Only cooldown -1 for the first turn. So Bonfire will have 2 cooldown for the first time, and then it will have three.

Still pretty scary 

or ignis *shudders*

Edited by Big Smoke

8 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Unless all your Teammates fall and you cant use anyone anymore for the remainder of the event?

Did you not read the notification?  It specifically says that units that fall only cannot be used for the rest of that (individual stamina used) run.  Once you're done with that run, you can use them again.

As for the -cooldown SS, it's the first unique one that isn't a C-slot skill rank 1.  Makes me wonder if maybe Masked Marth has the full version (I'd assume rank 2 might be -1 every other special use, and rank 3 be -1 cooldown period... even if that's insane), or if it's just a truly unique seal.

Horse emblem actually might be the best for this, as their movement might allow for quicker runs. Dancers might help in the speed aspect as well.

Though I'm a bit miffed about the ranking cumulative score aspect. There's not much point to it besides grinding the hardest map batch. 

1 hour ago, Kiran said:

Though I'm a bit miffed about the ranking cumulative score aspect. There's not much point to it besides grinding the hardest map batch. 

I don't like the idea of competing for something this big. I was a little confused because it mentioned ranking but then the image showed cumulative score, not ranking. Looks like there's a typo?

I think heavy offence teams will work better then teams consisting of more bulky units and healers. Brave users like Reinhardt don't really need healing between rounds, and desperation users like Nino could actually benefit from starting at lower health.

I do like the fact that they are giving out a free 5* unit though, especially since currently my only falchion user is a -atk Marth.

21 minutes ago, Lushen said:

I don't like the idea of competing for something this big. I was a little confused because it mentioned ranking but then the image showed cumulative score, not ranking. Looks like there's a typo?

I actually think it's both. As in, you get an extra prize if you do well in the ranking, but still can get the unit from your personal score.

3 hours ago, GinRei said:

Did you not read the notification?  It specifically says that units that fall only cannot be used for the rest of that (individual stamina used) run.  Once you're done with that run, you can use them again.

As for the -cooldown SS, it's the first unique one that isn't a C-slot skill rank 1.  Makes me wonder if maybe Masked Marth has the full version (I'd assume rank 2 might be -1 every other special use, and rank 3 be -1 cooldown period... even if that's insane), or if it's just a truly unique seal.

It's named just "Quickened Pulse" rather than "Quickened Pulse 1", so I don't think it has higher ranks. That's a good point that "Masked Marth" might have it, but if she does, I think we can expect it to be a standalone skill like Lunge and Grani's Shield. And I guess it could presumably be stacked with the seal?

Also, the most recent new ones (Fortify Res 1 and Spur Def 1) are C-slot rank 1, but the original ones (HP +3, Atk +1, and Spd +1) are all A-slot rank 1. Still, this is definitely new territory.

I think I didn't understand very well how this work, can someone help me?

So, these Ally units, they are from my own characters, from my friend list or  random characters from players around the world (like in the gauntlets)? When I don't have any characters to use, everyone "come back to life" but I need to start the trial from the beginning gain? Looks that I need to practice my english a bit more.

I hope to at least win the 4* Lucina, since I don't even have a normal Lucina!