Tempest Torture

Arthur97

7 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

I think I didn't understand very well how this work, can someone help me?

So, these Ally units, they are from my own characters, from my friend list or  random characters from players around the world (like in the gauntlets)? When I don't have any characters to use, everyone "come back to life" but I need to start the trial from the beginning gain? Looks that I need to practice my english a bit more.

I hope to at least win the 4* Lucina, since I don't even have a normal Lucina!

They are your own units, and, yes, if you fail or win, all your units are usable again once it's over. You get teams and if one team falls, you make a new team until you run out of teams, not units.

And best of luck.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

I hope to at least win the 4* Lucina, since I don't even have a normal Lucina!

Well, technically it's a "Marth".  Though, I'll definitely be comparing the facial features around the mask when (s)he comes out...

Not sure why IS has to say someone wearing Lucina's mask AND outfit is Marth.  I mean, it's not even named "Marth" it's named Marth, which means it's the literal Marth in a battledress.

Just now, Lushen said:

Well, technically it's a "Marth".  Though, I'll definitely be comparing the facial features around the mask when (s)he comes out...

Not sure why IS has to say someone wearing Lucina's mask AND outfit is Marth.  I mean, it's not even named "Marth" it's named Marth, which means it's the literal Marth in a battledress.

I think it's because her tag said Marth in Awakening before she told everyone who she was, plus, spoilers obviously. Still, it's definitely Lucina. 

Just now, Arthur97 said:

I think it's because her tag said Marth in Awakening before she told everyone who she was, plus, spoilers obviously. Still, it's definitely Lucina. 

Ah, I did not know that actually - never played Awakening. I always assumed "Marth" was an endgame thing like 'No one saw Lucina again, but tales of an old atlean prince are being spread...' I just think the character names should be exact and the titles can be distorted. They could have called her "Lucina: Altean Prince" or something.

2 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Ah, I did not know that actually - never played Awakening. I always assumed "Marth" was an endgame thing like 'No one saw Lucina again, but tales of an old atlean prince are being spread...' I just think the character names should be exact and the titles can be distorted. They could have called her "Lucina: Altean Prince" or something.

But she is not prince, she is a princess. Besides, Enigmatic Blade fits her "mysteriousness" of early Awakening.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

But she is not prince, she is a princess. Besides, Enigmatic Blade fits her "mysteriousness" of early Awakening.

I like the enigmatic blade name, but I really don't get the point of making it a spoiler. 

I mean, Lucina's already in the game! We already know who she is! There's nothing to spoil!

13 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

They are your own units, and, yes, if you fail or win, all your units are usable again once it's over. You get teams and if one team falls, you make a new team until you run out of teams, not units.

And best of luck.

Ah, ok... I was expecting something like units from the friend list too, to give more utility to the list. Thanks!!

8 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Welp, I don't have a Marth either so... Two birds with one stone??? Haha

Just now, dragonlordsd said:

I like the enigmatic blade name, but I really don't get the point of making it a spoiler. 

I mean, Lucina's already in the game! We already know who she is! There's nothing to spoil!

Shh, don't let them know it's really Lucina.

Joking aside, I guess it's just to keep with the Masked "Marth" theme. It is true to Awakening after all. Though that is something I don't get, I understand the need to keep her eyes covered and even the need not to use her real name, but was the full Marth disguise really necessary?

19 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Joking aside, I guess it's just to keep with the Masked "Marth" theme. It is true to Awakening after all. Though that is something I don't get, I understand the need to keep her eyes covered and even the need not to use her real name, but was the full Marth disguise really necessary?

I know what you mean! It's definitely a funny nod, but I feel like anyone who would actually be spoiled by this will just end up confused.

Also note - "Marth" is not the highest achievable award.  Now, this could mean the seals are placed higher than "Marth" as the layout of the posting would suggest, or it could mean more rewards past "Marth".
Either way, there are more than just two awards above marth so probably more orbs somewhere up there.

I'm getting really tired of them removing daily orbs everytime an event comes up.  Their justification is that they are giving us orbs during the event but...often times we end up losing orbs during the event because dailies would have racked up more orbs than the quests give us...

Speaking of quests, it's possible we get new quests with this event which would mean even more orbs.  Or, its possible we get 'passes' everyday that allow us to participate in the event rather than just having the stamina requirement...

Finally, note that in the image, they show a scoring of all maps cleared, (A) graded speed and survival, and max bonus unit bonus.  The player only receieved 252 points.  Hopefully this is the easiest difficulty because to get marth we would need to do this ~119 times assuming he requires 30k points...

Edited by Lushen

48 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Lucina's reasons for being 'Marth' were explained in the Lucina/Tiki support.  She used his name and visage as an attempt to emulate him and bolster her confidence in herself.

For FEH, keeping the name as Marth just means she was taken from the time she was calling herself Marth, so they're largely just being consistent with her character at the time.  She'll likely 'reveal' her identity in her 40 confession like the Awakening trio does.

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

5 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

Lucina's reasons for being 'Marth' were explained in the Lucina/Tiki support.  She used his name and visage as an attempt to emulate him and bolster her confidence in herself.

For FEH, keeping the name as Marth just means she was taken from the time she was calling herself Marth, so they're largely just being consistent with her character at the time.  She'll likely 'reveal' her identity in her 40 confession like the Awakening trio does.

I hope so. That said, since that whole plot line involves time travel, that's going to be ... fun to try to explain.

Figures it really is masked Lucinas as a reward... But hopefully they'll have skills I'd like to pass to someone. I have enough 5 star swords and I don't care for her.

The other rewards are definitely something I'm going to gun for though! And I'm glad losing your units doesn't actually mean you'll lose them forever, only for that run of the trials. I would hate to never be able to use my Freddy or Ike in them again.

Good thing I have both Robins trained up, even though I still haven't 5 starred the female. I really need to do that. xP

Edited by Anacybele

Now this is really exciting, I'm imagining how terrifying the Quickening Pulse seal will be on Reinhardt's tiny hands. *Shudder*

I guess that in order to maximize your score you'll need a 3 man team +bonus unit or if one of the bonus units is already a part of your team then you can bring a healer to keep going or maybe another nuke to clear maps faster. Also it seems DC will be pretty useful to reduce turns because you'll deal damage in both player and enemy phase so units like Ryoma, Ike, Camus, etc. will do a heavy lifting here. What I'm wondering is if it'll be a better strategy to go all out using blade tomes/desperation/brave nukes instead of QR/breaker tanks with a healer, each one have their own advantages/weaknesses so I guess it'll be up to personal preference.

I don't particulary care about "Marth" as I already have both Marth and Lucina, but I hope s/he has good skills or at least more min/maxed stats to give me an excuse to grind.

1 hour ago, Lushen said:

vFCXUZX.jpg

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

-pic-

There's also Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U spoiling that as well - just look at Lucina's down taunt animation and Kirby with Lucina Copy Ability. Not the first time Super Smash Bros. showed story spoilers for another game.

Edited by Roflolxp54

I'm definitely bringing my +2 Lucina as my ace to the maps. I think I might actually inherit Reciprocal Aid to prepare for this, since Lucina can self-heal and has Desperation. Maybe my Renewal Celica too? Azura is definitely coming.

I'm not sure how valuable a healer will be for this, honestly. Maybe Lucina + Julia + Reinhardt core with a healer could work just as well.

One screenshot shows what seems to be the three hardest Tempest Trials: Hard with 5 battles, Lunatic with 5 battles, and Lunatic with 7 battles. So the screenshot showing the player getting 252 points from a 5-map battle seems to be at most the second-hardest trial, and possibly the third-hardest or worse. If the hardest (7-battle Lunatic) trial has a base score of 30 (rather than 20) with everything else being calculated the same way, that'll make it possible to get 529 points from it. Still low in comparison to the score requirements for the rewards, but not nearly as much.

58 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

vFCXUZX.jpg

She actually did surprisingly well.

51 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

There's also Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U spoiling that as well - just look at Lucina's down taunt animation and Kirby with Lucina Copy Ability. Not the first time Super Smash Bros. showed story spoilers for another game.

Spoiler

Like Fiora.

1 hour ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

Still seems a little odd to dress up as him and hide her gender. I don't think Chrom knowing that she was female would lead him to the conclusion that she must be his time traveling daughter. To be fair though, she never actually said she was a man, she just let them keep thinking that.

34 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Still seems a little odd to dress up as him and hide her gender. I don't think Chrom knowing that she was female would lead him to the conclusion that she must be his time traveling daughter. To be fair though, she never actually said she was a man, she just let them keep thinking that.

She might have done it before actually traveling back in time to bolster her armies morale against the Risen.  We know that the disguise was already in place when she chased the risen through the time tunnel.  We know relatively little about the future she and the other kids came from, except for the differences between it and Future Past (such as the fact that in Lucina's timeline, some of the gems were already destroyed), so we can't really say for certain that the disguise was only to conceal her identity in the present.

The Palutena's Guidance for Lucina in Sm4sh supports her also using the disguise to bolster her army's morale (though whether that can be considered canon is extremely questionable).

Edit:  Ignoring possible use of the disguise as Einherjar Marth in the future, changing her identity could have been a way to change her mindset.  'Lucina' failed her people and had to run away, 'Marth' might have the strength to change the future.  So it might have been to also overcome some trauma.

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

6 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

She might have done it before actually traveling back in time to bolster her armies morale against the Risen.  We know that the disguise was already in place when she chased the risen through the time tunnel.  We know relatively little about the future she and the other kids came from, except for the differences between it and Future Past (such as the fact that in Lucina's timeline, some of the gems were already destroyed), so we can't really say for certain that the disguise was only to conceal her identity in the present.

The Palutena's Guidance for Lucina in Sm4sh supports her also using the disguise to bolster her army's morale (though whether that can be considered canon is extremely questionable).

I'd say it's more than a little. Did no one know who she really was? It seems like before Grima came back that people still would have heard about Lucina's birth since she was the crown princess. If it was a morale booster, then I guess it just shows how dedicated to the cause she was (since she never wears anything like that when dressed casually...on the rare instance she is shown casually).

2 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

That's pretty much canon; refer to Lucina's support with Tiki.

15 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

That's pretty much canon; refer to Lucina's support with Tiki.

Not really, it's just mentioned how she took up the name, but that easily could have been when she told Chrom.